• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gamer Aesthetics

• Yes

Votes: 93 6.7%
  • No

Votes: 1,289 93.3%

• Total voters

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
acgam-109r-keyboard-2.jpg

81deee13b168f2b94364eb4d485e3e87.jpg
tumblr_pnk8roipcC1v5jdoy_540.jpg

that-which-doesnt-kill-me-gives-me-xp-gamer-tshirt-long-sleeve-tshirts.jpg
560.jpg

I really hate gamer keyboards with their dumbass strobe lights. It's incredibly unnecessary.
Don't get me started on the clothing aesthetics.

Last edited:

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Not in the slightest.

Every 'gaming' mouse, keyboard, desktop, chair is absolutely horrific looking and usually much worse then other 'non gaming' branded stuff.

Honestly many games espcailly artistically and in terms of multiplayer skins is just so edgy and cringy sometimes.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
i get down with RGB. not the rainbow puke style, but i like setting it to a solid color.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm indifferent? I don't really care excessive LED's and stuff don't really bother me.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
No.

A lot of gaming peripheral companies would do well to hire a minimalist designer. The idea that my gaming gear has to be sharp, dangerous and day glo is just dumb.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
no

my monitor has "gamer nation" molded into its base and I hate it more than anything

so much gamer shit is so ugly

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I like the keyboard. I have that same one. I also have a glowing mouse.

That's about as far I'll go, though. I liked neon lights before it was a gamer thing.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo's latter day Game Boys like the SP and Micro had a great aesthetic, that basically no one else mimicked it, not even Nintendo themselves when they made the DS

but the modern day weird LED, black + red onyx slabs... Nah. Even if I get a mouse or keyboard with those LEDs I turn them off or dim them to an extent they're barely visible.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Fully addressable RgB lighting is amazing and should be available so that you can configure it in tasteful ways. It doesn't actually inflate cost and can be turned off if you hate it. Non-addressable lighting that only exists to strobe rainbow puke at you is awful.

As far as the rest of gamer asthetic goes, not really.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
I like certain gaming aesthetics like transparent or translucent cases like the PS4 Pro 500 Million Edition or Atomic Purple GBCs, but Alienware-esque sleekness and RGB lighting gets old after 5 minutes.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Voted no, but it's too broad of a category. I like RGB on PCs and my keyboard, just nothing tacky.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably hate half of the stuff I see, so I'm 50/50 on gamer aesthetics.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i'm "okay" with it but kind of bullshit we haven't moved on from "here's your overpriced l33t gear!!11" from nearly 2 decades ago

i'm pushing 40 and willing to buy your shit but i don't want my study looking like a 16 yr old's wet dream

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
User Banned (3 Days): Platform Warring, Antagonizing other members on the forums.
Nintendo do their absolute best to improve the image of gamers worldwide with fitness games; games that appeal to women and the elderly; and family friendly party games, but generally PC gamers ruin it for everyone.