• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you remember ronito?

• Yes

Votes: 380 52.6%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.1%
  • roni-who?

Votes: 108 15.0%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 183 25.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's not really a tough debate at all to be honest. Non-binary people do not invalidate the people that exist on the binary, just as bisexual people do not invalidate people who are straight or gay. And this idea of wanting to dismantle the gender binary doesn't run counter to what trans people are going through or what we're trying to achieve. In a world where gender roles and gender expression are all 100% neutral, I would still have been uncomfortable with my body and wanted to medically transition. This idea that we can abandon our gender identity is wrong, but this is sort of where the issue arises with how a lot of cis people use gender. Gender Roles, Gender Expression, and Gender Identity are all components that make up Gender and the first two are socially constructed.

By that I mean, the jobs, clothes, societal expectations that are laid on men and women in a society tend to vary depending on where you are born or what kind of environment that you're raised in. A simple example of this is that the color Pink is used for girls typically while in the past it was used for boys. Society dictated that these colors were gendered and moved them around as it pleased and we all accepted it as the truth. However, on the other end, gender identity and trans people, including nonbinary people, have existed in quite a few cultures throughout history and we even have scientific studies that point towards there being a biological reasoning behind being trans. Which you can read a little bit about here :

I can empathize with what this poster is feeling in some ways, but it's also never really acceptable to tear down another minority group due to suffering that we're facing. This idea of needing to measure oppression and suffering is one that will only lead to conflict that doesn't need to exist. It is entirely possible for both binary trans people to be valid and nonbinary people to be valid no matter what stage of transitioning anyone is in or what their end goals are.

Thanks for this perspective, Ketkat! That was pretty informative :)

I'm a cis male, so I do find approaching these topics a little tricky in a way that I don't espouse a perspective that's putting down someone who just wants to be recognized for how they see themself.

Your statement of how both groups can co-exist is an interesting one and has got me reconsidering my stance on this debate

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
giphy.gif

Its is so, so fucking completely wrong that you are recording someone without their consent. Holy shit. I hope she catches you and you get arrested.
This asshole should be fucking arrested. I just found out my sister was videotaped showering (long story) without her consent and it is traumatising to her. The asshole was arrested today.

Oct 25, 2017
China
I think it works in the sense that people with money want to move into the US, so they are willing to buy into a marriage in order to get a green card/citizenship.

I've heard many stories about this type of "Too good to be true setup", The bride gets pregnant, then starts bringing over family (Who will be expected to live in the husbands house) to help with the baby but end up staying. So on and so forth. It's illegal for one thing and he wont get to keep that money, it's some form of money laundering.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
Thanks for this perspective, Ketkat! That was pretty informative :)

I'm a cis male, so I do find approaching these topics a little tricky in a way that I don't espouse a perspective that's putting down someone who just wants to be recognized for how they see themself.

Your statement of how both groups can co-exist is an interesting one and has got me reconsidering my stance on this debate
I think that as cis people the best thing we can do is just listen to what the various people in the trans/NB community are saying and offer support and defense where needed. I fully empathize with what the confessor is going through but don't think they're the last word on what being trans is. People with different experiences of gender are still valid.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
And to be clear, your goals are opposed to about 99% of the human species. Yes, throughout history there have been cultures that have recognized other genders, which is good. But there is NO culture that suddenly stopped recognizing the gender binary. It is innate to our civilization and the way we interact. It's not going anywhere. Today, tomorrow, and for the rest of history, the vast majority of people are going to be identifying as either male or female.
Yikes.

*backs away from the thread*

Dunno where to even start with that.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
So, we're just allowing people to use these confessions as a way to air bigoted views and crap on other minorities on the forum?
I haven't even read this whole response yet because I'm too irritated and this start hits the nail on the head.

Can we actually get a beat on why the mods are actively ignoring and sidestepping trans views and sentiment, and those of allies, in this place, because it's become incredibly apparent.

Every single thread on trans issues is derailed from page 2 and the entire rest of the thread is perpetually locked into trans people having to defend their level of irritation to the rest of the forum. Every page, every thread. It's just taken as fact that this is how these play out now.

People telling trans people they're "too sensitive" are given a warning at best as they run in to dismiss concerns in the exact same way at page 9 as someone did on page 2. Being called robots, loners, people that hate fun, people looking to be upset, outrage, harrassers, abusers, people that want Natalie Wynn dead. All in the past week and a half and we're what? Supposed to break our backs every thread politely writing the same thing that we did the last page just so we can perhaps get back to the real discussion instead of validating our irritations to the rest of the forum so they're seen as acceptable or ok?

It's got to the point where even allies have stepped back and gone "uh what the fuck?" posting that it's got to the stage where something needs to be done:

Which is great. Like legitimately makes you feel great – and you have mods come in and acknowledge that it's an issue. Fantastic. Except then when people ask for it to be stickied, to be given some prominence so this can actually start to be combatted, and they vanish off the face of the Earth. Subsequently so does the thread, because people are all to happy to jump in to tell us to shut up but won't step foot in one asking how we can improve the situation.

So you get trans people, like me right now and many before me, who just give up. Who cannot be bothered to have every single trans thread either be post the same arguments every page or be told to shut up. What is the point?

I spent time writing paragraphs the last day and a half combatting it across two of the current threads. Changed the perpsective of some members and they apologise for coming in hot to dismiss us. The next page the exact same dismissals are there again. As said before this is just taken as fact as how trans threads play out. One page of trans people discussing the concern and the next 10 being told to hush by cis people and then having to validate our own hurt to them in order for it to be deemed acceptable for the forum.

Then after all of that you come in here and some absolute bullshit is being signal boosted, emboldening those same people that run into these threads, giving them more ammunition to push the same thing they've always done.

Last edited:

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
I haven't even read this whole response yet because I'm too irritated and this start hits the nail on the head.

Can we actually get a beat on why the mods are actively ignoring and sidestepping trans views and sentiment, and those of allies, in this place, because it's become incredibly apparent.

Every single fucking thread on trans issues is derailed from page 2 and the entire rest of the thread is perpetually locked into trans people having to defend their level of irritation to the rest of the forum. Every page, every thread. It's just taken as fact that this is how these play out now.

People telling trans people they're "too sensitive" are given a warning at best as they run in to dismiss concerns in the exact same way at page 9 as someone did on page 2. Being called robots, loners, people that hate fun, people looking to be upset, outrage, harrassers, abusers, people that want Natalie Wynn dead. All in the past week and a half and we're what? Supposed to break our backs every thread politely writing the same thing that we did the last page just so we can perhaps get back to the real discussion instead of validating our irritations to the rest of the forum so they're seen as acceptable or ok?

It's got to the point where even allies have stepped back and gone "uh what the fuck?" posting that it's got to the stage where something needs to be done:

Which is great, and you have mods come in and acknowledge that it's an issue. Except then when people ask for it to be stuck, to be given some prominence so this can actually start to be combatted, and they vanish off the face of the Earth.

People posting multiple posts and you suggest it through the report function and you get nothing in return. Mods just don't respond to the thread after the mention of a sticky or discussing how the problem could be remedied.

So you get trans people, like me now and many members before me, who just give up. Who cannot be fucked to have every single trans thread either be post the same arguments every page or be told to shut up. What is the fucking point?

I spent time writing paragraphs the last day and a half combatting it across two of the current threads. Changed the minds of three members and they apologise for effectively coming in and telling a thread to be quiet. The next page the same dismissals are there again.

As said before this is just taken as fact as how trans threads play out. One page of trans people discussing the concern and the next 10 being told to hush by cis people and then having to validate our own hurt to them in order for it to be deemed acceptable for the forum.

Then after all of that you come in here and some absolute bullshit is being signal boosted, emboldening those same people that run into these threads, giving them more ammunition to push the same thing they've always done.
Disclaimer: cishet dude here.

I 100% understand your frustrations and agree that the way trans issues are handled on this forum is fucked, and that trans people should be fucking listened to, but I'm not totally sure what you're specifically annoyed with here. If you read the reactions to the original confession, the vast majority of them are empathetic both towards the frustrations and pain of the original confessor and towards the NB folks that make it possible that the confessor is in the wrong. Seems to me the conversation around this confession has been mostly polite and understanding, very unlike what you describe and what is evident in other threads.

On the other hand, I'm very aware that I am probably missing a bunch of layers to this conversation (blind spots, privilege, what have you) and may be misunderstanding your point.

Last edited:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Disclaimer: cishet dude here.

I 100% understand your frustrations and agree that the way trans issues are handled on this forum is fucked, and that trans people should be fucking listened to, but I'm not totally sure what you're specifically annoyed with here. If you read the reactions to the original confession, the vast majority of them are empathetic both towards the frustrations and pain of the original confessor and towards the NB folks that make it possible that the confessor is in the wrong. Seems to me the conversation around this confession has been mostly polite and understanding, very unlike what you describe and what is evident in other threads.

On the other hand, I'm very aware that I am probably missing a bunch of layers to this conversation (blind spots, privilege, what have you) and may be misunderstanding your point.
I'm not really sure how to make it more clear. The last paragraph should make it obvious how this ties into the overall frustration and the whole "why are you mad about this one incident" angle while ignoring the context that's right there is legitimately one of the irritations that's baked into each one of those threads even if I'm sure it's unintentional on your part.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
  • Mods are ghosts in half of the trans threads and do nothing to stop every single one of them derailing into trans people having to validate their hurt to the forum.
  • Allies create a thread concerned at this and mods post agreeing. It's asked to be stuck by various members so it's given prominence and the mods vanish.
  • Trash views like those in the threads in point one are signal boosted here giving further ammunition to the people in point one.
  • Ketkat, again, has to take the time to dismantle the argument (as some trans person has to do every page of every one of those threads) and make sure the accurate information is there so others aren't adopting truscum talking points verbatim
  • Ketkat appeals to why this is even being signal boosted.
  • Mods ignore and continue to post around her.

I think that's the emotionless succinct version Ramathevoice

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017

Every single fucking thread on trans issues is derailed from page 2 and the entire rest of the thread is perpetually locked into trans people having to defend their level of irritation to the rest of the forum. Every page, every thread. It's just taken as fact that this is how these play out now.

[/URL]

Which is great, and you have mods come in and acknowledge that it's an issue. Except then when people ask for it to be stuck, to be given some prominence so this can actually start to be combatted, and they vanish off the face of the Earth.

People posting multiple posts and you suggest it through the report function and you get nothing in return. Mods just don't respond to the thread after the mention of a sticky or discussing how the problem could be remedied.

So you get trans people, like me now and many members before me, who just give up. Who cannot be fucked to have every single trans thread either be post the same arguments every page or be told to shut up. What is the fucking point?

I spent time writing paragraphs the last day and a half combatting it across two of the current threads. Changed the minds of three members and they apologise for effectively coming in and telling a thread to be quiet. The next page the same dismissals are there again.

As said before this is just taken as fact as how trans threads play out. One page of trans people discussing the concern and the next 10 being told to hush by cis people and then having to validate our own hurt to them in order for it to be deemed acceptable for the forum.

The thread you linked, along with the Contrapoints and Lindsay Ellis threads, have all been profoundly disappointing and dispiriting for the reasons you've listed here. Far too many Era posters would rather post shitty drive-by hot takes and, if they choose to respond, get defensive, double down, refuse to give ground, rather than what they should do when confronted with a sensitive, complicated subject they don't understand, which is to sit and listen, and moderation does nothing to stop or discourage that constant flood of toxic drive-bys.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The thread you linked, along with the Contrapoints and Lindsay Ellis threads, have all been profoundly disappointing and dispiriting for the reasons you've listed here. Far too many Era posters would rather post shitty drive-by hot takes and, if they choose to respond, get defensive, double down, refuse to give ground, rather than what they should do when confronted with a sensitive, complicated subject they don't understand, which is to sit and listen, and moderation does nothing to stop or discourage that constant flood of toxic drive-bys.
Preach. I might have stepped past the smile-and-nod line with that post but it's really the straw that broke the camels back. I posted last night how irritating it was getting writing reams, changing some minds and then having the clock reset the very next page while the 'this is an issue' thread barely stays afloat.

So you go to bed irritated by it and then wake up to see this. Ketkat having to do the same exact thing because some truscum bullshit is being signal boosted. Her actually appealing to why it's there in the first place and the mods just posting nonchalantly around it, blanking it. Right after the threads we've had, after the sentiment that's ripe at the moment.

Edit: Oh cool, it's now been removed. I'm loathe to feel bad about the posts above since it really shouldn't need to hit breaking point before we see some degree of official acknowledgement of these problems, especially when opportunities to do so with have been handed out in abundance recently.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
I think it works in the sense that people with money want to move into the US, so they are willing to buy into a marriage in order to get a green card/citizenship.

Yeah, that is the general idea (and highly illegal) but two points stand up in the confessor post: 1) he seems to believe he really would get a wife, not an arranged marriage. 2) the first part of paying $50k to get a beautiful wife. The last one may be related to not everyone that wants to immigrate to US would have the money to pay for an arranged marriage so they would pay with sex? That is even more disgusting and more like human trafficking.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
  • Mods are ghosts in half of the trans threads and do nothing to stop every single one of them derailing into trans people having to validate their hurt to the forum.
  • Allies create a thread concerned at this and mods post agreeing. It's asked to be stuck by various members so it's given prominence and the mods vanish.
  • Trash views like those in the threads in point one are signal boosted here giving further ammunition to the people in point one.
  • Ketkat, again, has to take the time to dismantle the argument (as some trans person has to do every page of every one of those threads) and make sure the accurate information is there so others aren't adopting truscum talking points verbatim
  • Ketkat appeals to why this is even being signal boosted.
  • Mods ignore and continue to post around her.

I think that's the emotionless succinct version Ramathevoice
Thanks for the clarification. I indeed didn't have all the context and I sympathize.

CesspoolofHatred

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like I missed some discourse

EDIT: And a confession, too

But judging from some of the excerpts I'm seeing here I'm guessing I'm not exactly missing much except a giant screed against nonbinary people

Last edited:

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissive Commentary on a Sensitive Topic Over Multiple Posts
[Mod Edit: Bigoted content removed. ResetEra is not a platform for intolerance.]

OK, I'm really not trying to start anything here, but this is rubbing me the wrong way. Somebody will need to explain to me how this confession could be defined as bigoted in any realistic way. And intolerant? How? The confessor explained her point of view very well, and was respectful to others. I understand the perspective she was putting forward didn't necessarily correspond to the general consensus here, but it was honest, heartfelt, and wasn't malicious in any way. And you know what? Life is complex, and people weren't molded the same way as everybody else like some heartless clones. Nobody is experiencing issues the same way, especially not these kind of issues. She chose to open her heart. Why did it need to be censored?

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OK, I'm really not trying to start anything here, but this is rubbing me the wrong way. Somebody will need to explain to me how this confession could be defined as bigoted in any realistic way. And intolerant? How? The confessor explained her point of view very well, and was respectful to others. I understand the perspective she was putting forward didn't necessarily correspond to the general consensus here, but it was honest, heartfelt, and wasn't malicious in any way. And you know what? Life is complex, and people weren't molded the same way as everybody else like some heartless clones. Nobody is experiencing issues the same way, especially not these kind of issues. She chose to open her heart. Why did it need to be censored?

Just because you try to word bigotry in a polite way does not change the fact that it was bigotry. It was a massive essay about how some nonbinary people are not valid because they don't fit the mold that she does.

The fact that this person chose to do this anonymously should tell you that they know what they're saying isn't acceptable to say here and did literally nothing except attack people both on this board and off.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Somebody will need to explain to me how this confession could be defined as bigoted in any realistic way. And intolerant?

If you're saying that someone can only exist within the gender binary, or has to vocalize dysphoria in order to gain solidarity with transgender communities, then they're being bigoted/intolerant toward a large spectrum of trans people. It's also incorrect in the face of a lot of communities that don't have a strict gender binary compared to most of what is considered "western culture".

It's just the fetishization of suffering. We want to move away from communities suffering, and while it is good to remember why these communities formed (solidarity in the face of shared oppression over similar vectors a major part of it), achieving social progress means moving away from having suffering define communities, in expectation that there should be less of it everywhere.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Just because you try to word bigotry in a polite way does not change the fact that it was bigotry. It was a massive essay about how some nonbinary people are not valid because they don't fit the mold that she does.

The fact that this person chose to do this anonymously should tell you that they know what they're saying isn't acceptable to say here and did literally nothing except attack people both on this board and off.

Maybe I read it wrong (and unfortunately I cannot go back to it), but I didn't read anything in her essay suggesting that what others are experiencing is invalid or wrong. She was trying to express what she was personally experiencing, and tried to explain why while being conscious that it didn't correspond to the status quo circulating here.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
If you're saying that someone can only exist within the gender binary, or has to vocalize dysphoria in order to gain solidarity with transgender communities, then they're being bigoted/intolerant toward a large spectrum of trans people. It's also incorrect in the face of a lot of communities that don't have a strict gender binary compared to most of what is considered "western culture".

It's just the fetishization of suffering. We want to move away from communities suffering, and while it is good to remember why these communities formed (solidarity in the face of shared oppression over similar vectors a major part of it), achieving social progress means moving away from having suffering define communities, in expectation that there should be less of it everywhere.

So maybe she's wrong about thinking what she said. Sure, ok. But her confession certainly wasn't malicious, it was her own experience that she wanted to share. She didn't send it to hurt anybody. So why not argue with all the empathy that this situation requires instead of censuring her confession, and responding to it like she was some kind of pariah?

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
But her confession certainly wasn't malicious, it was her own experience that she wanted to share. She didn't send it to hurt anybody. So why not argue with all the empathy that this situation requires instead of censuring her confession, and responding to it like she was some kind of pariah?

Because as mentioned we've had this exact discussion very patiently in multiple other threads. People suffering dysphoria absolutely deserve sympathy and respect but just because someone is feeling bad does not give them justification to say things that attack the legitimacy of their fellow human beings, certainly not the way it happened in this case. There were some significantly incorrect and harmful statements the poster made, and good intent does not excuse that fact.

rundisneyrpg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised that a couple of these confessions went through but mine didn't. I think this is all fun and great but does make me question the process.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I read it wrong (and unfortunately I cannot go back to it), but I didn't read anything in her essay suggesting that what others are experiencing is invalid or wrong. She was trying to express what she was personally experiencing, and tried to explain why while being conscious that it didn't correspond to the status quo circulating here.

That person directly talked about how these nonbinary people were just children appropriating being trans as well as directly saying that by not transitioning the same way as us or making an effort to pass that they were no different from cis men. The entire thing was invalidating towards nb people, and if this person was looking to actually have those views challenged, that was not the way. It was written as if this was some hard truth we need to hear when it really isn't true in the slightest.

OP
OP
neoak

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna post this to close that chapter:

I wrote the confession about my thoughts on the current non-binary discourse.

I know my confession got removed, and I agree with that decision. I would appreciate if you could post this response with some haste, it does not contain anything objectionable.

I wanted to say that I apologize for what I wrote. I was angry and frustrated and had a lot of pent-up emotion after some of the recent discourse. I shouldn't have written it and I agree that it should have been removed. When I read it again after it was posted, I felt ashamed at some of the things I said.

But the reason I had all that pent-up emotion that came tumbling out in the first place is because this forum won't let me have this discussion, or anything resembling it. Someone responded to my confession saying that I could just "talk through it with the reasonable people on this forum" but we both know that's not true. I'd just get banned.

I don't fully understand your position. I want to understand it. I know I have problems I've internalized and I need to talk through them. But I don't know who I can talk to.

I apologize for what I wrote, non-binary ERA. I'll go back into the shadows.

OP
OP
neoak

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Since it's NaNoWriMo season, I figure this is a good time for this confession.
I've written several books, and none of my family members have read any of them.
I know I can't force them to be interested, but I tried so many times to kindle their interest. Tried to prompt discussion. Tried to make my stories more easily accessible (even printed one in paperback form!). They said themselves they wanted to read them.
When I gave them my stories, I kept getting excuses, like they were busy or tired or "weren't readers." This happened for months.
The truth, or at least how it feels, is that they chose Hallmark movies and Modern Warfare 2 and YouTube over me. Not gonna lie, while I personally don't hold grudges...it hurt.
I know better now.

final_5c117ca3e849bc001245ab94.jpg

Just forget them.

OP
OP
neoak

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Honest to god I wish I had never had a child. My life has been ruined because of it. I was 16 and she was 15. We made a mistake and in turn that mistake ruined our lives. I'm in my 30s now and just now finishing my GED. I'm stuck working 3 jobs that are dead end, locked in a loveless marriage and poverty. We were not fit to be parents and as such our son has become a very troubled teen. Honest I fear one day he will harm us or worse. We have no control over him anymore as he's bigger then me now. God, I'm being honest and just wished we had aborted him. How can I love him when he doesn't love anyone and is really just one bad day away from killing someone?

OP
OP
neoak

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I was engaged to a girl whom I thought I loved, but in reality she was only using me for the money and an opportunity of a better life. Over time, however, I came to my senses and broke things off. But as all, or most break-ups go, it wasn't easy. Emotionally I was a wreck for a few months, wondering what I had done wrong. But time heals all wounds, and it was made easier as she didn't live in the same state.

For some stupid reason I would periodically unblock her on social media and just see what's happening – stupid I know. At one point I vowed to put an end to it and purge her from my life, so I typed her name and searched it up. To my surprise I mistyped her name by one letter, and instead I saw the profile of a completely different girl – and I was completely smitten. 'Don't be a fool!' I told myself, there's no point getting attracted to someone you'll possibly never meet in your life. I was about to close the page, but thought against it and thought 'What the heck, it's not going to hurt to see who this girl is'. A quick search told me that not only did she live in the same country, but in the same city and worked locally.

I was conflicted on what to do. I couldn't possibly just message or add her, I preferred the standard approach of meeting someone face to face, but that would be impossible and downright creepy without her knowing about me. For some odd reason, the surname was very familiar to me and I thought 'Heck, I'll just ask around'.

A few days later I was at a friend's house and I casually brought her up as a girl that a relative had spoken about. His interest piqued, he spoke to his wife who looked her up and saw that they both had a mutual friend, who crazily, I knew from my university days from one of my classes. My friend's wife took it upon herself to contact the mutual friend to enquire about her, and a dialogue was established. At this point I was low-key freaking out, everything was, bizarrely, falling into place.

Afterwards, a meeting was organised just for us to be introduced to each other in a café. I expected a simple meet and greet, but we instead stayed in that café for hours on end, laughing at each other's jokes and life stories. 'This is it' I thought to myself, this was someone I'd want to see again. We exchanged numbers and well….we've been happily married for a few years now.

All of this happened due to the fact that I mistyped by ex's name when attempting to purge her from my life forever, and then blessed with the most amazing person…and she'll never know.

Congrats confessor! Glad it worked out for you in the end.

P.S. Paging Delphine

OP
OP
neoak

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite thread on the Citadel

(day 7 done)

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
This sounds like human trafficking and shady as fuck

I'm not sure they would be fronting that kind of cash per-person for human trafficking. *if* (and if I could put more asterisks around If respectably, I would), the offer for money is legit, it sounds at worst like it's a green card sham marriage from a Vietnamese family of means who wants to cut around immigration restrictions. Human trafficking probably wouldn't try to bring victims in on a green card path, as the point is often to keep them isolated and in fear of deportation.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Congrats confessor! Glad it worked out for you in the end.,

That's actually kind of a cute irony, and it's a shame that you've left it as a secret to your current SO. My wife (started dating 11 years ago and married for 3) found me on social media, and it wasn't with the expectation of dating, let alone marriage.

Funny how things turn out.

Coleslaw

Nov 3, 2018
I love seeing new people discover the mixed emotions, the soaring highs and the heartbreaking lows, the comedy and the tragedy, the raw human experience that is Confession November.

Also, we have incest, so there's that.

Oct 27, 2017
Woo boy this thread is off to a start dug through the confessions and gawdamn some of y'all are wild. Facebook stalking leading to romance is sort of cute but also sort of dystopic in a weird way.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The thread might be gone soon, but in the spirit of the times I thought it important to let you know there's a thread on etcetera right now where OP did cocaine for the first time in their parents' house (and was unimpressed).

Status
Not open for further replies.