• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
See I'm really worried about what might happen to Unreal Engine and the gaming industry if Epic is "destroyed" or "ended"(I've seen people on other forums call for this)z
The best thing to come out of epic that has had a hugely positive effect for the whole gaming industry is unreal engine and consumers(to some extent), i seriously hope its not jeopardized in any way. Don't care about other divisions of Epic, they've gone too much down the rabbit whole to come out scathed IMO whether its respect or money.

Last edited:

plastic love

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 19, 2019
I feel bad for the impressionable kids that will feel compelled to take part and *want* to defend this. From the outside it just looks stupid but I also remember being convinced KONY2012 was something to take part in...

Oct 27, 2017
its not even a nice hat.
Its the old Apple logo reshaped and same font

90c0b00fd5cec8f083e9c69012fe5b3a.jpg

edit: already said sry

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is Steve Bannon or some other alt-right grifter working for them as an advisor?

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Kinda cringe to see a company valued at 17.3 billion US Dollars pretend to be the edgy underdog here.

Honestly what irritates me the most about this is that Epic is trying to turn a dispute about money they essentially staged into a social movement. Oppressed folks usually struggle to even have a voice amongst the people, Epic is trying to play that side too except they are an extremely wealthy company that hates monopolies that it doesn't control. It is absolutely shitty and I hope to god not more companies opt for this strategy for their disputes over money.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
I am not up to date since I stopped giving a shit about Fortnite, but why is their pity party only focusing on Apple when Google also dropped them? Or did Google catch them off guard so they didn't have merch prepared ahead of time

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
It's as if the Fortnite marketing and event team is run by a compulsive shitposter 🙈

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
Embarassing and pathetic, makes me want to see Apple destroy them.
The thing here is, a win would be highly beneficial to smaller devs. So it's a weird in-between thing.

I am not up to date since I stopped giving a shit about Fortnite, but why is their pity party only focusing on Apple when Google also dropped them? Or did Google catch them off guard so they didn't have merch prepared ahead of time

The focus is Apple because they are such a walled garden. On Android they let you add apps from third parties already, so it's not as big an issue.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
I side with Epic in this fight but their actions have been... childish. Just settle this in court, we don't want to get that involved geez.

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
See I'm really worried about what might happen to Unreal Engine and the gaming industry if Epic is "destroyed" or "ended"(I've seen people on other forums call for this)z

The thing here is, a win would be highly beneficial to smaller devs. So it's a weird in-between thing.

I was siding with Epic at the beginning, but this is not the way to do it, especially because they are behaving in a completely hypocritical way.

Oct 27, 2017
I side with Epic in this fight but their actions have been... childish. Just settle this in court, we don't want to get that involved geez.

I think Epic knows they don't have much to stand on when they go to court, so they are trying to at least create the public perception that they are the underdog and that Apple has wronged them. So if (when) they lose, they can play the victim card.

Meanwhile, they don't have any issue with paying for exclusives on PC.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
Interestingly they are publicly shaming Apple but not talking about Google who they also filed lawsuit against.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
This is incredibly pathetic and I do think if they continue with this weaponizing childen bullshit then they are asking for a lawsuit from some sort of children protection group.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe i'm going to say this, but the more Epic doubles down with shit like this, the more i want Apple to win.

And i don't like Apple at all, or want them to win ... or Epic. Because whoever wins, the consumer loses.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
User Banned (1 Day): Drive-By Posting with potential for derailment.
Please could you free console players from forced crossplay with PC players too.

They're almost doing iOS players a favour here.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
you know i get the feeling this whole lawsuit thing wasn't done in good faith on epic's part. hmmmm... i wonder

Omeganex9999

Oct 25, 2017
London
I find this fascinating. They made this lawsuit/corporate fight some kind of media phenomenon, like it's all part of the game.

I get how people feel about it (and Fortnite in general) but this is such a unique event to behold

Can't believe i'm going to say this, but the more Epic doubles down with shit like this, the more i want Apple to win.

And i don't like Apple at all, or want them to win ... or Epic. Because whoever wins, the consumer loses.

I don't get the "whoever wins, the consumer loses" point. Would you mind elaborating?

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Tell me, does the Visited By Knack tag oblige people to make vaguely platform war-y drive by posts or does it just work out that way by chance?

Good lord 😅

It's platform warring to call out something that has had a direct negative impact on the game for me? It's platform warring now to call out forced controller vs M+K?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I find this fascinating. They made this lawsuit/corporate fight some kind of media phenomenon, like it's all part of the game.

I get how people feel about it (and Fortnite in general) but this is such a unique event to behold

I don't get the "whoever wins, the consumer loses" point. Would you mind elaborating?

Short summary, if Apple wins they continue with their share on every purchase, might even go full into it, results in higher cost for consumers because devs need to offset it to make ends meet. Same goes for Google Play of course. If Epic wins you're going to enjoy a shitload of third party stores on the mobile devices with their own fees and whatever.

It's basically just a shitty situation all around imo.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Beyond cringe to straight up insidious. Cultivating your audience to protest for the exploitation of them financially.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017

The above is from The Verge's Article on it.

Talk about indoctrinating young minds with this BS but at the same time iam not shocked by this. Epic or Tim Sweeney started lash out by spitting BS against Valve as son as they entered the 'digital download platform' competition against STEAM by making them seem like the bad guys, etc. They'll stoop down as low as they can to achieve their goals. Its 2nd nature to Epic under Tim.

Players who compete in the tournament have the opportunity to win an in-game skin of the evil-looking apple featured in Epic's "Nineteen Eighty-Fortnite" video (cheekily dubbed the "Tart Tycoon"), a "Free Fortnite" hat, and even non-iOS gaming hardware, including an Alienware laptop, a Galaxy Tab S7, a OnePlus 8 phone, a PlayStation 4 Pro, an Xbox One X, or a Nintendo Switch.
Two more devices that you currently can't play Fortnite on...

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
Short summary, if Apple wins they continue with their share on every purchase, might even go full into it, results in higher cost for consumers because devs need to offset it to make ends meet. Same goes for Google Play of course. If Epic wins you're going to enjoy a shitload of third party stores on the mobile devices with their own fees and whatever.

It's basically just a shitty situation all around imo.

And you really think that Apple is going to let a thousand stores run amok in their ecosystem ?, you think Apple is going to risk their customers like that ?, they run epic to the ground if they have to before that happens.