• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
We cannot do anything with our extra event currency, right? I used to farm xp there and then traded the extra currency for gold, but seems like once you've finished clearing the album there's nothing left to spend them on, unless I'm missing something?

Oct 25, 2017
We cannot do anything with our extra event currency, right? I used to farm xp there and then traded the extra currency for gold, but seems like once you've finished clearing the album there's nothing left to spend them on, unless I'm missing something?

Yup, same here and I'm about to running out of stamina, last month was over 1K and now all I got left was 200~, lol.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I was thinking the same, I'm already done so I just went back to catalyst farming for the rest of the week for the event 20 battles a day.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's weird that while they have filters in place they are sometimes missing in places you'd expect them, case in point, no filters in the waiting room.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Really liking the current auto system, best patch in a long time... maybe since the Stigma changes for 3 stars?

Now why couldn't they have just introduced Auto Battle and Pets they way they currently are.....

Right, bait to block the damage and then Charles to get around stealth with Elbris. That would probably work, barring anything silly like Dizzy getting a bunch of stuns in or Mirsa dodging a million times in a row. Would Mirsa attack FMaya too? They're both light.

That team would probably also work against the current team of AColi + Dizzy + Fluri.

I'm not really sure how to make a team difficult to bait in some way while still being strong enough to be a threat.

Ah yeah Mirsa is Light I forgot, some reason I thought she was Dark when I was typing that post up. Think she would attack the lowest health unit? Silience will be a pain but Lilias cleanse.

So every weekend I pull on covenant summons until I get a 4* or better. Usually just get a dupe for imprinting, which is great, or a artifact, not always so great. But because there are so many 4/5* ML units I still want I feel it's a worthwhile venture. I've landed Kayron, Charles, Champ Zerato, TM Crozet, etc throughout the months doing this (since they add ML to the rotation). I probably pull on average 10 times a week, so it's not a small commitment as the weeks add up, but the hope is to get a little lucky and if not just be consistent and brute force my way into something good.

Landed Spec Tenebria today.

Yeah it's worth throwing bookmarks at covenant's, I was even doing this still before the pity system was introduced if a banner that was running wasn't something I was interested in (like last time Haste was on rate up). And obviously it got better once they introduced ML units...

Think I've picked up 2 of my ML nat 5s that way.......

Maid Chloe - Galaxy
ML Ara - Galaxy refunds (Turned into ML Ken)
A.Vil - Galaxy
A.Ravi - Mystic (nowhere near Pity)
J.Kise - Covenant
D.Corvus - Galaxy
F.Ceci - Mystic (nowhere near Pity)
ML Sez - Covenant
ML Baal - Galaxy
F.Lidica - Galaxy (today!)

Bolded ones are six star.... rest range from level 5-50.....

Maid Chloe was the only ML5 I pulled when i was spending money on E7, everything else has been while F2P.

Also 10 ML Nat 5s, all unique and not a single dupe, was honestly expecting the one I pulled today to be a dupe... but instead it was new Lidica.

Though the not pulling a dupe streak is kinda annoying since I really want ML Ara back.....

Also 10 ML nat 5s, still no A.Cartuja, ML nat 4 ticket when SG.

Last edited:

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are we bragging about all our ML pulls now? :) Feel like I'm back on reddit!

Anyway, I wonder if we will see less Basars after Cerise. Hard to gear up both with super fast gear.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont see how they could do it given the way the combat system works but it would be nice not to have 90% of the units looking for speed gear.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
My only ML5 so far is Tywin...haven't had much time to use him yet but I kinda hope he get buffed sooner or later. He isn't a must have at the stage where I'm at right now.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I only have one ML5 in Fceci, who I got from a covenant daily. Every moonlight or mystic pull has gotten ML4s at best. I'm drowning in Otilles and Gloomyrains.

But I have a lot of ML4s so I can't really complain I guess.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
I only have one ML5 in Fceci, who I got from a covenant daily. Every moonlight or mystic pull has gotten ML4s at best. I'm drowning in Otilles and Gloomyrains.

But I have a lot of ML4s so I can't really complain I guess.

I'll say this much, though - you're definitely putting her to good work through and through.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'll say this much, though - you're definitely putting her to good work through and through.
Thanks. She's so useful everywhere.

I tried experimenting with a lower hp, higher crit build during the gear event to see if I could make her more bruisery, but ultimately changed back because I wanted more hp for the bigger s2 shields. That, plus I didn't like triggering ML Ken all the time.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
And the winner of quickest nerf ever goes to..... Cerise.

I still think any limited unit is a must pull, "Elson is better", "Dizzy is weak" is some of the quotes from back in day before two meta defining characters asserting themselves.

Anyway up to 67 bookmarks and 900 skystones.....

Once again gatcha I am asking to lucksack.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Feels really kneejerk to double nerf her right before she comes out.

Restrict got worse and she loses the pushback. Idk it seems like ppl lost their shit that she's too stacked but when you consider that:

- you can't burn for the guarantee like Basar
- miss on greens
- you can shit roll and her s3 literally does nothing cause lol ER lol 15%

And now she even has antisynergy with pushback

Saving grace is s2 dmg I think

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Feels really kneejerk to double nerf her right before she comes out.

Restrict got worse and she loses the pushback. Idk it seems like ppl lost their shit that she's too stacked but when you consider that:

- you can't burn for the guarantee like Basar
- miss on greens
- you can shit roll and her s3 literally does nothing cause lol ER lol 15%

And now she even has antisynergy with pushback

Saving grace is s2 dmg I think

If any of the cons you mentioned actually mattered Basar wouldn't be on so many defence teams, additionally they're all based on having RNG swing in your favour on a character with such a stacked kit.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like a fairly minor nerf. She'll still be good, but hopefully not horribly oppressive like ssb is.

The anti synergy with CR push backs is probably there so that opponents have a chance of moving at all lol.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The next change that occurred is the order in which debuffs will be applied for the skill, Frost Storm. In the preview video that we released, Frost Storm inflicts Restrict first, followed by the decrease Speed debuff. However, due to this, Cerise was found to be ineffective against enemies which can remove debuffs. Therefore, we have decided to change the order in which these two debuffs are applied so that she can be better equipped against enemies with the ability to dispel debuffs.

This portion? Yeah, it reads like the order was changed to protect the restrict debuff from a single level cleanse like ML Tywin passive, Momo s2, cleanse artifacts, etc.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
A little relieved honestly however I do think they should have waited after release and get a feel of the meta change to tweak her.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think she will still be good. I'm honestly tired of OP heroes like SSB. This nerf seems minor compared to the value of her overall kit.

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
Feel like she is a lot less useful now, if you first pick her in RTA she now has a counter-synergy with Basar/Lilias who are also her counters, so you can't pick them away from your opponent without gimping yourself. Still nothing to stop you from cleansing her debuffs immediately after. Will be interesting to see how she moves the meta, but for now she just looks like an Aux Lots hard counter and not much more.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
She will still be good especially against defenses that use Kayron to strip his immunity and good for cleaving to remove immunity/shields from F.Ceci. She's still weak to Basar defenses, which is what is most rampant so I dunno how much use I'll get out of her.

I'm already thinking I'll get some good use out of her going Cerise -> Dizzy -> Rose -> S. Tenebria and wiping a few units ASAP.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
If any of the cons you mentioned actually mattered Basar wouldn't be on so many defence teams, additionally they're all based on having RNG swing in your favour on a character with such a stacked kit.

Basar can fuck up turn order and buff timings (elena). Cerise's main thing is that she screws with cleave teams since she's so fast.

If you go into it with a cleanse, be it Destina or Lilias, I don't see how she's a problem.

Idk I just hate that 15% swing so much. Its why I'm so focused on getting wschuri/cermia built to one shot all hunts, cause fuck relying on def break.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Played around a lot with S. Tenebria last night. I have two builds on Rage set, one has 3.5k attack and 160 speed and the other 4k attack with 120 speed both with 90% CC and 250% CD. Problem with a Rage set is she really is relying on some kind of Basar type set-up which limits her uses a bit since I don't want to play chicken with the million other Basars and Lilias/DJ Basar/Kayron defenses can't be targeted.

The higher damage build on a soulburn can take care of A Vild but the speedier build is too risky.

Just for fun I did put a max tag on Basar, and Dizzy and a +15 Tag on S. Tenebria so I could soulburn 3 times in a row for 4 attacks. Nobody has survived yet, but I'm picking my match-ups carefully as I experiment.

I need to heavily adjust to have a realistically useful build though.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Basar can fuck up turn order and buff timings (elena). Cerise's main thing is that she screws with cleave teams since she's so fast.

If you go into it with a cleanse, be it Destina or Lilias, I don't see how she's a problem.

Idk I just hate that 15% swing so much. Its why I'm so focused on getting wschuri/cermia built to one shot all hunts, cause fuck relying on def break.

I think the whole point is that your units get locked in place and slowed and she can run riot from her self push, etc.

Before her nerf you were susceptible to being pushed back by Basar and then Lilias.

And tbh, you still can, the order will just have to change. Basar > Lilias > Cerise. Everyone's slowed and locked in place, so if her multipliers are decent you can stack some damage or some bulk. The right dual attack procs from Lilias will just push her forward before you ever escape. (Plus ranger artifacts)

Either way it's better they nerf now rather than later since their track record of nerfing units while they're problematic so far has not been timely, to the say the least.

I think the 15% swing is annoying and should be removed from PvE, but I don't think it's point where we decide whether or not a characters kit is busted, same for relying on the 50% miss chance.

What gear do people put W.Shuri in? Destruction or atk?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Played around a lot with S. Tenebria last night. I have two builds on Rage set, one has 3.5k attack and 160 speed and the other 4k attack with 120 speed both with 90% CC and 250% CD. Problem with a Rage set is she really is relying on some kind of Basar type set-up which limits her uses a bit since I don't want to play chicken with the million other Basars and Lilias/DJ Basar/Kayron defenses can't be targeted.

The higher damage build on a soulburn can take care of A Vild but the speedier build is too risky.

Just for fun I did put a max tag on Basar, and Dizzy and a +15 Tag on S. Tenebria so I could soulburn 3 times in a row for 4 attacks. Nobody has survived yet, but I'm picking my match-ups carefully as I experiment.

I need to heavily adjust to have a realistically useful build though.
That's hilarious lol. Four single target nukes in one turn.

I was trying to say in chat yesterday (except combat kept wiping my chat) that I use a similar single target dual tags setup with alots > yufine > cdom > w. Schuri, and it works against a lot of ssb + Charles/ml Ken teams. I find that CR pushes into single target nukes seem better in this meta than AoE cleaves because you don't trigger counter moves like ML Ken, Elena, ssb, and so on.

Downside is that it's still a gear check in the end. That team barely works in champ because I don't want to play chicken with Basar, and I can't cut through most res units.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
That's hilarious lol. Four single target nukes in one turn.

I was trying to say in chat yesterday (except combat kept wiping my chat) that I use a similar single target dual tags setup with alots > yufine > cdom > w. Schuri, and it works against a lot of ssb + Charles/ml Ken teams. I find that CR pushes into single target nukes seem better in this meta than AoE cleaves because you don't trigger counter moves like ML Ken, Elena, ssb, and so on.

Downside is that it's still a gear check in the end. That team barely works in champ because I don't want to play chicken with Basar, and I can't cut through most res units.

It's a little overkill, I had an extra turn here lol. Not seen, blowing up a Ruele with her S3 first turn and my Basar getting blown up by everyone after using his S3 (soulburnt). This is in Champion 4 and this guy has a Legend frame so his gear is good. I always struggled against him with my Spez comp.

GLqrWaw.gif

Full fight:

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Stats (all new gear I just crafted, SSB and Luna still have my better rage gear):
agQpK2x.jpg

Last edited:

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
It's a little overkill, I had an extra turn here lol. Not seen, blowing up a Ruele with her S3 first turn and my Basar getting blown up by everyone after using his S3 (soulburnt). This is in Champion 4 and this guy has a Legend frame so his gear is good. I always struggled against him with my Spez comp.

GLqrWaw.gif

Full fight:

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Nice. I completely avoid Ruele and Maid in Champion because they just get so tanky. I would have dodged this team because of Ruele.

Mine runs atk, but I don't have a good destruction set. He's built for arena only, and only works in that single target CR push setup I mentioned because he needs cdom buffs to work.

Fully molaed s3 without atk buff hits for 19-21k.

Last edited:

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
I think the whole point is that your units get locked in place and slowed and she can run riot from her self push, etc.

Before her nerf you were susceptible to being pushed back by Basar and then Lilias.

And tbh, you still can, the order will just have to change. Basar > Lilias > Cerise. Everyone's slowed and locked in place, so if her multipliers are decent you can stack some damage or some bulk. The right dual attack procs from Lilias will just push her forward before you ever escape. (Plus ranger artifacts)

Either way it's better they nerf now rather than later since their track record of nerfing units while they're problematic so far has not been timely, to the say the least.

I think the 15% swing is annoying and should be removed from PvE, but I don't think it's point where we decide whether or not a characters kit is busted, same for relying on the 50% miss chance.

0ca7d193-d838-49a4-bc40j1e.png

He's far from my best. Still need to max fan and get more atk. And i can get even more once I imprint him more. He only has one atm.

Goal would be to one shot banshee with portrait to use him everywhere. But that needs pretty good gear.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Any tips on my Charles? He still needs better neck and boots. Hell raid pls drop better booties

53ef67ac-183a-4fbc-9fo1jaw.png

Kind of wanna stick to the beefy bruiser build, so dont really care about speed.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Any tips on my Charles? He still needs better neck and boots. Hell raid pls drop better booties

53ef67ac-183a-4fbc-9fo1jaw.png

Kind of wanna stick to the beefy bruiser build, so dont really care about speed.
I would still try to get some speed on him because putting up his buffs will help him be a better bruiser. At your current speed, he will get lapped a lot, and you're relying almost entirely on elbris procs and counterattacks. In many cases, the fight may be over before he gets a chance to benefit from his s3.

He is pretty strong otherwise. Good damage and quite tanky, since most Charles I see are between 11-13k hp. He may survive cleave or oneshot attempts if he has a tank or two protecting him.

Maybe try to get a bit more effectiveness on him? His random debuffs and strip are handy.

Having said all that, that build and speed is probably great if you're doing an invulnerability setup with a fast carmin or Elena.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
I would still try to get some speed on him because putting up his buffs will help him be a better bruiser. At your current speed, he will get lapped a lot, and you're relying almost entirely on elbris procs and counterattacks. In many cases, the fight may be over before he gets a chance to benefit from his s3.

He is pretty strong otherwise. Good damage and quite tanky, since most Charles I see are between 11-13k hp. He may survive cleave or oneshot attempts if he has a tank or two protecting him.

Maybe try to get a bit more effectiveness on him? His random debuffs and strip are handy.

Having said all that, that build and speed is probably great if you're doing an invulnerability setup with a fast carmin or Elena.

Yeah I don't mind him being slow too much but it would be nice to place him at 150.

if I get better boots with speed main and around 20% hp sub, and an amulet with Closeto 20% hp, I would be running at 15k hp, 150 spd and basically same other stats as I have now. (All that ER comes from my ammy) Then it'd be incremental increases basically.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
For the people (if any) who use G Purg in PvP what artifact do you use?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
This will just never ever get old. Did it multiple times today. Requires a good amount of set-up but it's a useful team when Spez may normally become a target of something like a high ER A. Ravi. I know it's not much special when a defense break and AoE cleaver can do similar but this is just so satisfying.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I just missed a 91% crit chance on an A Vildred (moonlight) with Lilibet because I pulled off Hell Cutter to put on Oath Key because the defense had Ass Cat as well. Still had a chance with Spec Ten on Tags, killed A Vildred with S1 and missed the S3 follow-up. RNG'd to death. Complained in GW chat and game crashes before I could win the second round.

Not my day.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Now that she is nerfed I'm thinking about skipping Cerise. Her animations are gorgeous but I just dont really care for her character. Might save my pity for Reona.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of echoing some Reddit comments. I still wouldn't miss the banner since she could be buffed in the future, and her PvE uses are yet to be identified (they could easily place immune to restrict on a lot of bosses), but her nerfs really placed her into a niche situation when it comes to Challenger/Champion Arena.

She's basically an anti defensive cleave which is not what you see anymore. That's like 5% of defense teams. You probably won't run her on defense since she's weak to cleansers like Lilias and high ER comps.

Probably more useful in RTA where A Lots is picked off and she's a counter-play.

Status
Not open for further replies.