• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. This FCeci looks like she will do a fair bit more damage than mine. I'm amazed you got that crit rate + cd without a single crit set.

I find that my FCeci typically only dies to sustained fire (*cough* being pelted by damage boosted SSB S2>S3>S2) or an extremely well geared multi-cleave, so hopefully yours will do well.

I just finished my W.Schuri too, but without molas or testing, I'm not going to field him in GW yet.

I'm torn between Elbris and Aurius. I don't think she has enough health to be soaking up other damage.

That ring is my best piece of gear, it has 29% crit chance on it. It was on my A Ravi but since they gave her a free 30% cc she didn't really need it anymore.

Then that chest piece I rolled yesterday has 30% crit damage on it.

Basically a lot of my best gear is on her haha

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm torn between Elbris and Aurius. I don't think she has enough health to be soaking up other damage.

That ring is my best piece of gear, it has 29% crit chance on it. It was on my A Ravi but since they gave her a free 30% cc she didn't really need it anymore.

Then that chest piece I rolled yesterday has 30% crit damage on it.

Basically a lot of my best gear is on her haha
She likely does have enough health. Her shield soaks a lot of damage, and refreshes every time she gets a turn, even if she's stunned, so she has a lot of effective hp.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Lol Krau + BBK + SS Achates destroying our guild.

I should've just brought two tanks and a healer to grind it out. Or a Dizzy or something.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Lol Krau + BBK + SS Achates destroying our guild.

I should've just brought two tanks and a healer to grind it out. Or a Dizzy or something.

Yeah, this is a blood bath, derailed any hope we had of winning today. It's that weird team comp where 5 people thought they could at least get a tie and all came away empty handed. A lot of our stronger players too.

Sad thing after Coop scouted it, it would have been an easy draw for me (Baiken into Spez to extinct BBK) but I figured I'd save my attack for the main tower and in retrospect the 5 losses probably would have cleared that tower, that's like a 750 havoc swing.

Grim save us.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is a blood bath, derailed any hope we had of winning today. It's that weird team comp where 5 people thought they could at least get a tie and all came away empty handed. A lot of our stronger players too.

Sad thing after Coop scouted it, it would have been an easy draw for me (Baiken into Spez to extinct BBK) but I figured I'd save my attack for the main tower and in retrospect the 5 losses probably would have cleared that tower, that's like a 750 havoc swing.

Grim save us.
The sad thing is that I think I should have won that if I didn't brain fart and not frigging soul burn.

My plan was to Aux Lots into Yufine SB S3 to kill BBK > S2 to land crits and push CDom > CDom SB S1 to kill SSA. That probably should have worked, unless SSA resisted silence and was super tanky (which she probably was, come to think of it...), except I didn't soulburn Yufine at all.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Unequip event coming 1/23-1/30 and separate buffs with Runes first, then Hunts/Gold, then AP/EXP. Special log-in rewards.

Pavel teased.

T3nha on reddit teasing new raid boss has been leaked in Korea and might be shown in the live-stream tomorrow. I think the round of end-game PvE we want is close to being here.

Last edited:

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Free unequip?

With the addition of adventure gear I'm finally able to put together a destruction set. I might move Yufine to it for some losses in attack, speed, and effectiveness for a solid gain in CritDamage.

Hopefully Pavel is a banner character, I think I'd be bummed if he was another connection hero.

New raid boss should also come with an update that requires hell raid bosses to drop something when beaten, because that is nonsense.

The sad thing is that I think I should have won that if I didn't brain fart and not frigging soul burn.

My plan was to Aux Lots into Yufine SB S3 to kill BBK > S2 to land crits and push CDom > CDom SB S1 to kill SSA. That probably should have worked, unless SSA resisted silence and was super tanky (which she probably was, come to think of it...), except I didn't soulburn Yufine at all.
She seemed pretty sturdy, I hit her with a Luna s3 and she was still at 70-80% while resisting my def break(50% effectiveness).

I probably could've won that first fight if I had tanked it, I've tanked BBK comps before; that second comp was likely a loss even if hadn't lost a couple people in my first fight.

I kinda wish we could add notes to towers so that info doesn't drift out of guild chat I also could've just asked about the tower in chat before attacking, but we won't talk about that.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.

Grim save us.

It was horrible!

D:, I was very sick yesterday. The most I was able to do was log in to do my dailies around 4am my time and didn't even wake up in time to finish my attacks before reset, only got 1 off.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
New single target CR push team seems to be working okay in arena. Aux lots > Yufine SB S3 > S2 > CDom S3 into SB S1 > W.Schuri S3 to kill three high priority targets, then scrap it out with the last unit who is usually fairly helpless alone. I need better atk gear to make each of those single target nukes better, though.

If I had better teams I'd help out in the guild wars. :(

Very few fights I can win.
There's nothing to lose from trying. I'm not sure if you still get mystic medals from playing?
Free unequip?

With the addition of adventure gear I'm finally able to put together a destruction set. I might move Yufine to it for some losses in attack, speed, and effectiveness for a solid gain in CritDamage.

Hopefully Pavel is a banner character, I think I'd be bummed if he was another connection hero.

New raid boss should also come with an update that requires hell raid bosses to drop something when beaten, because that is nonsense.

She seemed pretty sturdy, I hit her with a Luna s3 and she was still at 70-80% while resisting my def break(50% effectiveness).

I probably could've won that first fight if I had tanked it, I've tanked BBK comps before; that second comp was likely a loss even if hadn't lost a couple people in my first fight.

I kinda wish we could add notes to towers so that info doesn't drift out of guild chat I also could've just asked about the tower in chat before attacking, but we won't talk about that.
Okay yeah, I wasn't killing that SSA then. My CDom probably doesn't outdamage a Luna S3.

The tower tagging thing would be nice. I'm always aware that I'm pushing things off chat when I talk, and it does bug me.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Pavel? Probably a connection hero, my money is on Charlotte being the next banner.

I hope the hell raid content is a decent challenge.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
If Tenha is happy about the upcoming stuff (he said we'll be extremely happy about the stuff on top of the teased raid boss), then I'm kind of hype for it. Can't wait for the preview.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pavel as an opener to wipe SSB is going to be great. His s2 is a liability with so many Charles, ML Kens, etc out there.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure he's worth it if you already have Yufine though. At least he depends on speed so he should be able to wipe her before she gets protected. Curious to see how well he'll perform.

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
Need to see his multipliers but he looks bland and not very unique at all (how many characters give atk up now?). He has to run immunity to do his S2 - S3 burst otherwise FCeci will just provoke him. His S2 should've been single target, now you can't use it incase the opponent has idol cheer, Elbris, ml Ken, f ceci etc. And he probably relies on the attack up to get the kill. Better to use a lots if you have him.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
So, big ol dev notes. Some nice QoL updates, but still no content.

We've been teased with new raid bosses for a year now. A year.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
I guess thats it's for me. Some QoL updates aren't enough to keep me interested in E7 and in the end all that matters is fresh content and SG has no interest in releasing anything of substance.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, no content is disappointing but the World Boss reward buffs, removal of pet snacks, guaranteed pet synthesizing are all good things. Always a bummer it takes them a 3rd iteration to get things right but they are listening and they are changing. The new equipment sorting, bulk buys, and other QoL are nice as well.

T3nha was teasing new bosses so I think they are coming, especially now that pets/world boss and world arena seem to be sorted out.

Yeah I see Pavel's S2 having the same issues that a J. Kise cleave does, he'd need to run immunity as well as having really high damage and speed. Otherwise he's getting provoked left and right or Charles is going to wreck him since he'll have a buff. You could run him with TM Crozet or Aurius wielder to help. Hopefully the S2 isn't strong enough to trigger Sigurd Scythe.

But at the same time you want a unit to have counters, so it's not a bad thing, just not great for him as a unit himself.

Last edited:

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Going in on Pavel, been looking for a solid single target dps so I don't have to use Yufine.

Suppose I should be glad that my push to get a class per element to 60 will at least help my guild.

Also happy to see the death of pet snacks.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure he's worth it if you already have Yufine though. At least he depends on speed so he should be able to wipe her before she gets protected. Curious to see how well he'll perform.

The difference is that, in theory, Pavel removes SSB before she can move, get buffed, etc. We will see how much damage he can do. If he needs his s2 in order to kill her, then forget it. Charles/Ken will wipe him out.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Pavel definitely falls prey to charles/ml ken. Which is alright because he should have a counter. It's just unfortunate that even though he's touted at the SSB killer, he's not good against the popular comps with her.

All the more reason to release a counter... counter. Either oblivion mechanic to stop ml ken/ssb focus or maybe like a lightning rod unit/passive for counters. Damage sharing only does so much.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
I'm heavily invested in Charles, Violet, Yufine & Ludwig Molagora wise, but I being able to just wipe SSB off the map with no contest seems a bit too good to pass up for me atm.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I usually blow up SSB first turn with Yufine practically out of principle at this point. She often needs to go right away before I can even play the game.

One reason the counter meta is so frustrating is because the game practically plays itself because of all the Elbris procs, counterattacks, and SSB ping pong battles. Your team could exchange several AoEs every single turn if you try to do an SSB mirror.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
In today's shitty GW outcomes I had Lilias/Spez/ML Lidica vs an immunity Ruele/immunity SSB/lilias. I buff strip with ML Lidica, provoke Lilias, cooldown reset Ruele and then Extinct SSB (she gets an S2 off but whatever). Beautiful.

Chip Lilias down with ML Lidica barely surviving. Picking away at Ruele and she eventually kills ML Lidica. All my dual attacks went to ML Lidica instead of Spez, unfortunate. Figure she's about to heal herself so I S2 soulburn my un-mola'd Lilias and she misses a 90% provoke chance. Heals. Next turn revives Lilias. GG.

Should have extincted Lilias and landed that provoke but man when am I going to learn that leaving a Ruele for last with Idol's Cheer is a horrible horrible idea. Even worse when all your double attacks are procing it twice and are wet noodle attacks from ML Lidica.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
That sucks. RNGed to death.

Idol's cheer is a super annoying artifact in general. Especially when on a tanky res unit like Ruele.

It's amazing how Ruele can be so tanky, res, and still be a pretty decent healer on top of all that.

I ran into an arena team that went something like carmin + ruele + fceci + momo the other day.

I attacked it out of morbid curiosity, and basically no one could die. Ruele had to die first but she needed a defense break + nuke to take decent damage, and between momo, Carmin S3, and all the provokes flying around, it wasn't happening. I eventually found the weak link in the party (carmin) and killed her, but by then the lightning was too strong and killed me off.

Now I kinda want to imitate that team because I don't think anyone will want to attack it lol.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Should have extincted Lilias and landed that provoke but man when am I going to learn that leaving a Ruele for last with Idol's Cheer is a horrible horrible idea.

I always say it in the guild chat,. I always assume that GW healers are built in such a way and prep according. If I can get a decent speed set HP ring i am going to fully Mola ML Crozet.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After losing 4 v 1 to a healer with idols on more than one occasion, I just assume everyone has idols and plan accordingly. So so frustrating.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I always say it in the guild chat,. I always assume that GW healers are built in such a way and prep according. If I can get a decent speed set HP ring i am going to fully Mola ML Crozet.
Tanky healers are so annoying when set up in the right situation.

Maybe I can finally get a use for SSA this equip event. I'm still a bit unsure about my first GW defense team, and I kinda want to try imitating the same idea behind that SSA-BBK-Krau comp we all died to the other day.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Are gw defense units "locked" in build in any way? I've been shuffling artis around a bit, and I don't want to leave bad defense artis on my team by accident.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Unlikely but I hope I can get my hands on BBK on the current rotation - wish they would introduce more ways to earn Mystic Bookmarks outside of GW or buying them for money.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Wow so Huche shop you could buy unlimited amounts of items that were on rotation. I had 100 mystic medals in my rotation and would have dumped all my skystones into that had I known. Big miss! Wonder if they'll revert the purchases.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, that's good to know. Thanks.

I'm going to try a big retooling of my roster this event to mix things up a little. Both for GW and to make the game a little less monotonous for me.

I changed my first defense team to AColi + fluri + SSA to see if that'll do any better than what I had before. It should be at least very fast and disruptive, with decent sustain.

And I'll pour more gear into my arena single target cleave team, since it's been working well.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow so Huche shop you could buy unlimited amounts of items that were on rotation. I had 100 mystic medals in my rotation and would have dumped all my skystones into that had I known. Big miss! Wonder if they'll revert the purchases.

Shit, would have definitely blown all my skystones on that

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I no longer feel bad I missed it. I do wonder what they consider excessive abuse of the bug and what they consider an appropriate response for that.

Mostly minor changes this gear unequip. I think my only big change will be for Yufine, I should also probably mola her more than her current +3 status. Either way, I hope this reduces the number of times I barely fail to nuke in some GW fights.

OxeS0A5l.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I had mystic medals and I still probably wouldnt have bought much, im not sure what the actual percentages are, but im pretty sure I get more than 2 pulls in 400 skystones refreshing the shop, and those same skystones then also net me regular bookmarks

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at a point where re-gearing is almost a bit overwhelming and too time consuming. I'm basically only replacing gear when I get a direct improvement or completely outfitting a new unit.

The gear management system is good but I'd like to see a couple things to make it easier. Being able to upgrade gear right from that system, being able to sort by sub-stat value, being able to hide equipped gear, and being able to label/tag pieces.

I have so many pieces of gear at this point and with no way to distinguish between them visually you have to tap and look at the stats of each one. Say if I'm trying to build a speed character it's great that I can sort by a speed sub-stat but that still lumps 1 speed with a 15 speed piece of gear.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally cleared Abyss 90 after so many attempts and many months! My Tama ended up as my tank since she had 2k+ defense. I blame rng for those high def % rolls. I did it with Tama, Elena, Luna and A.Vildred. Bringing Tywin in wasn't enough dps to kill Aither so Arby replaced him. The Speaker of Truth ended up being Ras. I did enough damage with Yuna's defense break and Arbiter's S1 combined with Idol Tama S3 to get enough turns for it to happen. Once Aither died, I knew it wasn't long before Ras bite the big one. I accidentally used Luna's S3 which gave S.Tene a huge CR boost. After that, it was just S1 spam from Luna and Arby. I would use Elena's S3 whenever S.Tene had her S3 ready. Her S1 + two Wondering potions handled a lot of the debuffs so she didn't constantly heal when I attacked her. It was a feels good man moment.

07Op6Z0.jpg

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Grats. Beating Abyss 90 really feels good and knowing you won't have to deal with its rng anymore is a reward on its own.

And yeah sorting by substats would be really great at this point. I love messing around during free equipment but it takes more time than it should.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
The few 100s or so heirs that abused the bug are banned for the rest of the month.

I have no opinion for or against the ban, but I'm not surprised its a bug and to knowingly exploit it is cheating.

Last edited:

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah people who abuse these kinda bugs know very well what they're doing. Coming from mmos I never abuse those as it's never worth it.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Going in on BBK and pulling 2 of Tywin's worthless ass is my luck in this game.

I hope he gets buffed for Eureka I guess but these undertuned ML5's is getting old.

Like I get the undertuning but give them some kinda niche or purpose.

Heck look at ML Romann. Why doesn't he just block CR pushes or something.

I don't get it.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ugh. I was getting rocked on defense - 0 wins after averaging 15% or so. Didn't understand what was going on until I checked out my team - oops, had Cidd in there instead of Lilias. *shakes fist*

And ML Tywin isn't bad. I think he will be good for RTA. But folks are saying every new character is bad these days. ML Basar was "bad" but damn if I don't use that dude all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.