• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Having to fight BBK in the Holiday event is tough - not because of the difficulty but because it reminds me of my own +15/max imprint BBK on my old account - she was such a beast lol.

Hope i can pull her again.

PS. New hero look cool and Happy Holiday everyone !!!
Got C.Dom for the login rewards today. It sucks being behind a day. Anyway, new hero Alencia.

Another martial artist warrior with defense buff for team and defense break on S1. Such a cute loli.

Grats on getting C.Dom - she is amazing (still).
Glad she came home relatively easy for you, I know how long you've been waiting for her.

I also managed to get her. For some reason heroes I actually care about come home reasonably easy.
Hah yeah thanks - and grats on getting her as well.
Now we wait for the Queen Diene skin xD

Last edited:

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of the art of the new char, but then I'm rolling for anything as long as I have BMs (which currently is not the case) took me 80 pulls to get Diene and two artifacts and I'm below pity , worst part was refreshing the secret shop since I've been lazy to do that lately. Krau banner is tempting I want him but he came in an inconvenient time, guess I will pass.

the game seems eager to give me 4* MLs , as of now only don't have G.Aither and Roaming Leo (and of course the new romann) , wouldn't mind some 5* MLs game ...

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
I really like her kit and s3, so def a pull. Giving me Dragon Maid vibes. Hope she's fire ken in terms of health scaling.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Her kit looks great. Glad I saw that before building Diene. I have enough dogs for two 6 stars but no characters to use them on...

Tempted to pull for Krau. I love his design and he's always destroying my units in pvp when I don't deal with him fast enough.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Love her kit; torn on pulling for Krau now. Not sure I want to dip into skystones for an older unit but I have enough BM to pity Alencia if it comes to that.

Need that buff event sooner, been running side stories and cata farming for so long I'm out of gear for TM Crozet and potentially Alencia. Want to just load up on a few thousand stamina and just auto Wyvern.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty severely underwhelmed by the new unit. SSB will buff block her, Basar will largely ignore her existence, her S2 buff is completely pure coinflip RNG, and she wants to contradictorily have both counter set (to proc her S1 -> S2 combo) and high speed (to use her S3 as often as possible). In other words, she's another A. Ravi, right down to having the exact same stat makeup. Good luck gearing her without A. Ravi's crit chance passive to help.

Charles remains a better unit, even with her having HP scaling on all her skills. Gods help her if she tries to counterattack duel him.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty severely underwhelmed by the new unit. SSB will buff block her, Basar will largely ignore her existence, her S2 buff is completely pure coinflip RNG, and she wants to contradictorily have both counter set (to proc her S1 -> S2 combo) and high speed (to use her S3 as often as possible). In other words, she's another A. Ravi, right down to having the exact same stat makeup. Good luck gearing her without A. Ravi's crit chance passive to help.

Charles remains a better unit, even with her having HP scaling on all her skills. Gods help her if she tries to counterattack duel him.
So they only can release new green units if they are much better than the current OP unit Charles ? I don't quite get your point listing potential counters as a negative...isn't that how its supposed to be in a somewhat balanced game and why you complained about really OP units (at that time at least) like Dizzy.

Maybe I'm missing something but as of now it feels like some of you just love to complain.

Her skill set seems very solid for a non limited unit.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
She is a dragon girl who punches and kicks things. Also Luna and Yufine's aunt. That's already better than Charles.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
So they only can release new green units if they are much better than the current OP unit Charles ? I don't quite get your point listing potential counters as a negative...isn't that how its supposed to be in a somewhat balanced game and why you complained about really OP units (at that time at least) like Dizzy.

Maybe I'm missing something but as of now it feels like some of you just love to complain.

Her skill set seems very solid for a non limited unit.
I want answers to the meta.

She is not an answer to the meta.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno if I will pull for Krau. He's so good but I'm horribly overloaded with knights as it is. Maybe a few bms.

Dragon loli's kit looks good but I hate the loli thing.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
she needed to be fire dammit!...I'm gonna pull for her just becaue I need to complete my dragon squad since I have luna, Yufine, and F. Ceci.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Passing on 1000 year old loli.

She doesn't seem better than Charles, and even if she has Fire Ken multipliers I don't use Luna, I don't use Yufine, and I won't use her. Blech at this character archetype.

Also laughing at people shitting on Charles, looking at his kit you have to be a Waifu Hunter not to roll on him, it was clear he was going to be good looking at his kit and multipliers alone and I am glad he is continuing to stomp.

However thanks you guys we apparently will never have another new RBG male unit again, so thanks for that. These nonsensical Waifu units are literally coming out of no where.

And does anyone else feel RTA will be a bust with our poor unit diversity? Feels like we need like another 80 units before something like it would be viable.

Just playing Guild Wars or Arena it seems like the top 25% have every God damned unit in the game. Probably going to pass it like I do regular arena, rewards would have to be really good for me to suffer through it.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Feb 15, 2019
I think this unit can be pretty good and if she were a knight and could wear Elbris I'd honestly say she might be better than Charles depending on how her s2 buff procs work (before or after counter). 1 defense break into the passive proc could do some serious damage to even the tankiest of characters if her HP scaling is actually good.

Last edited:

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I think this unit can be pretty good and if she were a knight and could wear Elbris I'd honestly say she might be better than Charles depending on how her s2 buff procs work (before or after counter). 1 defense break into the passive proc could do some serious damage to even the tankiest of characters if her HP scaling is actually good.

I have a semi decent counter set I put on my A.Ravi a couple weeks ago, now I kinda have to decide whether to invest in her (was going to be my next 6 star) or the new Dragon Girl.... really don't want to farm up counter set gear again....

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Watch your mouth. No one is better than Charles. He still has my fav s3 animation but Melissa is close.
People don't really speak about it much but I feel Melissa has one of the best S2 animations in the game. I just love the sound it makes and the way the magic moves so fast.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So I haven't gotten Diene yet and I see there is a new banner... I'm kind of conflicted as others pointed out Diene is really good but I also have a very small collection of Knights.

I got...

Ras
Troublemaker Crozet
Armin
Kluri

And only really Ras has been used and he seems.. fine. As I get into the later game he feels more like a hindrance then not. Should I go for the new banner or maybe level up Crozet? I noticed on that Tier Site that he has no rankings so no idea if people consider him good or not.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
So I haven't gotten Diene yet and I see there is a new banner... I'm kind of conflicted as others pointed out Diene is really good but I also have a very small collection of Knights.

I got...

Ras
Troublemaker Crozet
Armin
Kluri

And only really Ras has been used and he seems.. fine. As I get into the later game he feels more like a hindrance then not. Should I go for the new banner or maybe level up Crozet? I noticed on that Tier Site that he has no rankings so no idea if people consider him good or not.
Unless you really love and want to have unit because of its design and/or its story relevance its best to take a catious approach especially if you are f2p.

What content are you trying to clear or run right now ? Do you have the units for it and/or are there f2p options or 3* that can get the job done ?
If not, you can go ahead and think if the unit you are pulling for is gonna help achieve that goal you are working towards.

Diene is a limited unit that wont be around for awhile after her banner - while Krau can still be pulled outside of his banner from the regular pool. Can you achieve the guaranteed pull from the Diene banner before the banner is gone and how many pulls have you done so far ?

In general - especially as a new player - you really want to focus on a handful of units and not spread your resources to thin. Focus on your core group and only move to other/new units if necessary. Only exception here would be limited units like Diene.

Since your most used Knight so far seems to be Ras i guess you are still in the early/mid game ? There really is no need to get a much better Knight, since you are gonna use a tank Soul Weaver on the front spot most of the time anyway.

Without knowing your boy i would advice you to finish the "hunt" for Diene and her banner if you already invested alot in that banner and can actually get her with the resources you have or will earn before her banner is gone. The save up and try to get as far into the game with what you have - most units can be replaced in some way or another by a f2p or lower base rank unit.

As a f2p you will probably also want to save up some resources so you will have enough for at least 120 pulls on the next "must have" unit, limited or not, you want to have.

PS. This is mostly related to Story/Single Player content - if you wanna compete in Arena/GW etc. it gets a bit more nuanced than that lol.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I went for Krau's banner despite being somewhat short of pity. Got Noble Oath early and Krau within 31 pulls. Back to saving for Alencia.

I got...

Ras
Troublemaker Crozet
Armin
Kluri

Krau is really good in Arena and GW for his S3. Ras isn't really that good, but he's better than nothing. Troublemaker Crozet is great though. The reason why Diene meta was a thing is her attack buff + crit resistance and she CR boost herself if she's buffed off her S1. She's still the only one who gives crit resistance, but you need to stick Rod on. Krau isn't limited, so you can get him later and his banner is up for a week. I don't know what heroes you have, but I try to go for Diene since her banner is up for almost 3 weeks and she's limited. Sounds like you're still early in the game. I would try to do story, earn skystones completing the maps and roll for Diene. You can do her side story too. Try to focus on your core heroes first and slowly build from there.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Unless you really love and want to have unit because of its design and/or its story relevance its best to take a catious approach especially if you are f2p.

What content are you trying to clear or run right now ? Do you have the units for it and/or are there f2p options or 3* that can get the job done ?
If not, you can go ahead and think if the unit you are pulling for is gonna help achieve that goal you are working towards.

Diene is a limited unit that wont be around for awhile after her banner - while Krau can still be pulled outside of his banner from the regular pool. Can you achieve the guaranteed pull from the Diene banner before the banner is gone and how many pulls have you done so far ?

In general - especially as a new player - you really want to focus on a handful of units and not spread your resources to thin. Focus on your core group and only move to other/new units if necessary. Only exception here would be limited units like Diene.

Since your most used Knight so far seems to be Ras i guess you are still in the early/mid game ? There really is no need to get a much better Knight, since you are gonna use a tank Soul Weaver on the front spot most of the time anyway.

Without knowing your boy i would advice you to finish the "hunt" for Diene and her banner if you already invested alot in that banner and can actually get her with the resources you have or will earn before her banner is gone. The save up and try to get as far into the game with what you have - most units can be replaced in some way or another by a f2p or lower base rank unit.

As a f2p you will probably also want to save up some resources so you will have enough for at least 120 pulls on the next "must have" unit, limited or not, you want to have.

PS. This is mostly related to Story/Single Player content - if you wanna compete in Arena/GW etc. it gets a bit more nuanced than that lol.

Ras is my only used Knight thus far, the others have been just sitting in the bank. I'm going through UH and the second continent right now.

I haven't done much pulls for Diene yet though I did just get 50 of the currency to make rolls again.

Currently my main comp has been...

Ras
Sigret
Researcher Carrot
(Karin/Angelic Motmo/Iseria)

The last one switches between what I'm doing.

I went for Krau's banner despite being somewhat short of pity. Got Noble Oath early and Krau within 31 pulls. Back to saving for Alencia.

Krau is really good in Arena and GW for his S3. Ras isn't really that good, but he's better than nothing. Troublemaker Crozet is great though. The reason why Diene meta was a thing is her attack buff + crit resistance and she CR boost herself if she's buffed off her S1. She's still the only one who gives crit resistance, but you need to stick Rod on. Krau isn't limited, so you can get him later and his banner is up for a week. I don't know what heroes you have, but I try to go for Diene since her banner is up for almost 3 weeks and she's limited. Sounds like you're still early in the game. I would try to do story, earn skystones completing the maps and roll for Diene. You can do her side story too. Try to focus on your core heroes first and slowly build from there.

I have been doing some Arena. Almost at Bronze I and just ended at 32 win streak. I don't plan on going hard into PvP, just enough to get some good amount of skystones.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Ras is my only used Knight thus far, the others have been just sitting in the bank. I'm going through UH and the second continent right now.

I haven't done much pulls for Diene yet though I did just get 50 of the currency to make rolls again.

Currently my main comp has been...

Ras
Sigret
Researcher Carrot
(Karin/Angelic Motmo/Iseria)

The last one switches between what I'm doing.
With these units you really dont need to use Ras - use AMont as a tank and work/focus on Iseria/Karin/Sigret.
You pretty much have a Wyvern 11 team in the works, if you replace Iseria with a stronger healer down the line - you def. want to invest the limited ressources in unit that can be used for a long period and in multiple game modes. Iseria is one of the best units in the game and will improve your performance pretty much everywhere.

Started my current game last week and Amont/Iseria are main stays on my squad. Add Diene to the mix(if you pull for her) and this core will let you clear alot of content.

PS. You also need to unlock Lorina - she is a essential f2p units and you wanna SC her as fast as possible because of her Raid and Abyss performance post skilltree max.

You can achieve a +40 Morale team with Iseria/Diene/Lorina and A Mont - just as an example.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
With these units you really dont need to use Ras - use AMont as a tank and work/focus on Iseria/Karin/Sigret.
You pretty much have a Wyvern 11 team in the works, if you replace Iseria with a stronger healer down the line - you def. want to invest the limited ressources in unit that can be used for a long period and in multiple game modes. Iseria is one of the best units in the game and will improve your performance pretty much everywhere.

Started my current game last week and Amont/Iseria are main stays on my squad. Add Diene to the mix(if you pull for her) and this core will let you clear alot of content.

PS. You also need to unlock Lorina - she is a essential f2p units and you wanna SC her as fast as possible because of her Raid and Abyss performance post skilltree max.

You can achieve a +40 Morale team with Iseria/Diene/Lorina and A Mont - just as an example.

I am working on Lorina though the 10k enemy kills is going to take... a very long time.

Also I will keep Carrot in my party as she is currently my only 60 and strongest unit by far. She's pretty good with Iseria I found since it let her use her AOE ultimate two times in a row.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I am working on Lorina though the 10k enemy kills is going to take... a very long time.

Also I will keep Carrot in my party as she is currently my only 60 and strongest unit by far. She's pretty good with Iseria I found since it let her use her AOE ultimate two times in a row.
Oh sure - every unit you invested in will be better than some bench warmers. Just talking about longterm goals, because before asking if you should pull for a unit.....people are gonna ask what content you are stuck with and if you have unlocked/own the Top Tier f2p units like Lorina, Furious etc.

As of now just focus on getting Diene if its a realistic goal - dont spread your resources to thin by going after too many different banners. You already have the units to get very far into this game with the right gear.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A Ravi seems really good in RTA so far. Folks don't want to attack her and she punishes aoe pretty well. If you don't have an answer for her, she is very rough to kill. Can't just bait her with a light tank. As time goes on I bet she's banned more often.

I'm fighting against a lot of people who haven't figured out that RTA is not the same as arena. Bringing a full team of ML 5* with no synergy, or seeing that you have no way of getting to my ML Coli and ignoring her, are never wise moves. And folks should be banning my A Lots instead of a random damage dealer. My A Lots into Coli is going to result in someone dead and someone else silenced which is gg. I think it's going to be bruiser central in RTA unless the fragile DPS has a gimmick like stealth or resurrection or is just used as an opener.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
A Ravi seems really good in RTA so far. Folks don't want to attack her and she punishes aoe pretty well. If you don't have an answer for her, she is very rough to kill. Can't just bait her with a light tank. As time goes on I bet she's banned more often.

I'm fighting against a lot of people who haven't figured out that RTA is not the same as arena. Bringing a full team of ML 5* with no synergy, or seeing that you have no way of getting to my ML Coli and ignoring her, are never wise moves. And folks should be banning my A Lots instead of a random damage dealer. My A Lots into Coli is going to result in someone dead and someone else silenced which is gg. I think it's going to be bruiser central in RTA unless the fragile DPS has a gimmick like stealth or resurrection or is just used as an opener.
What's your AColi's build? Are you going with lower speed but higher damage, since you're using ALots to boost her?

I'm toying with what I can do with mine now that there's a gear event. So far my results have been awful lol. 6.5k S3 with soul burn, though without molas.

animus82

Nov 1, 2017
Time for some RTA discussion.

SOoooo.... Speed seems pretty important lol. So far.

I can feel the salt come out of my Cell phone lol.

I ran into a ML Lidica that had at least 255 speed with no speed imprinter.... :o

animus82

Nov 1, 2017
I've played 10 rounds and I'm a little surprised how many vildreds I'm facing so far. He is like a good second man support unit it seems.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's your AColi's build? Are you going with lower speed but higher damage, since you're using ALots to boost her?

I'm toying with what I can do with mine now that there's a gear event. So far my results have been awful lol. 6.5k S3 with soul burn, though without molas.

I'm trying random things out with A Coli atm. Normally she sits at 250 speed and operates independently, but I'm also trying out a slower build with a bit more DPS and HP. I don't think some folks realize how much damage her soulburn s3 is because they didn't build a Coli themselves. She does insane damage.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Just got Krau on my 2nd pull.
Crazy lucky right now....pulled Iseria on my first pull on her banner when I started last week as well.

Was only gonna do 5 pulls on the Krau banner hoping to pull DSJ lol.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
The worst thing about RTA is that it's making me want to build up characters which means more grinding.

I need that 800 year Dragon pronto

Also rerun Guilty Gear so I can use Baiken and my maxes portraits

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
First RTA match, we both went super heavy on tanks and heals and banned one of each others' DPS, resulting in each of our DPS beating each other up until one died. lol.

Feels like revive units aren't actually super impactful here as long as you can keep people from dying in the first place (i.e. run tanks, healers, and bruisers), because eventually all heals will be irrelevant with the escalating debuff.

But then again, everything is irrelevant in the era of Speed Cleave.
Going first wins 90% of the time imo. There's just too much damage & cr manipulation available.
What a fuckin' surprise, lol.

Same problems as regular arena, only this time baiting isn't a thing (aside from ban baiting, obviously). I don't know what anyone expected. If the game balance is shit in other game modes of course it's also going to be shit in RTA. Having a single ban and no dupes only slightly mitigates those issues.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Can we at least wait a week before bitching about the meta because people are running lots of stuff at the moment compared to the same 8 units in arena.

Also every loss I had was because of speed meta and nothing to do with being out drafted or/and outplayed.

Lavenza

Oct 27, 2017
Played about 60 matches of RTA yesterday (was at like ~50% win rate lol).

The mode is fun until you find the people who get 2 CR Pushers / CR Pusher + A Vildred into ban phase. It just gets infuriating then when you don't have the units/can't compete because you dont have the gear for the CR pusher.

We're discussing this on discord and Einbroch 's suggestion for another ban before pick phase is a great idea.

Last edited:

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Can we at least wait a week before bitching about the meta because people are running lots of stuff at the moment compared to the same 8 units in arena.

Also every loss I had was because of speed meta and nothing to do with being out drafted or/and outplayed.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of all those unbeatable Basar whirlwinds being thrown around left and right.

If you've got a team comp that can beat these teams without going first, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise... speed racer all the way, baby!

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
they just need to nerf his soulburn effect from ignore to +75% effectiveness or some other number, i dunno i dont pvp lol

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Loving RTA so far. Drafting and banning are great and I already see a TON of units not in the current Arena meta.

Fluri has been surprisingly annoying so far. My two losses have been to Fluri teams underestimating her buff/strip def break can be used at anytime.

On offense I'm bringing Spez and he's never getting banned and people are paying dearly. Champ Zerato, SSB, and DJ Basar are getting banned most often.

C Zerato is a fantastic card to hold onto for late in drafting.

I don't get the speed complaints, bring a defensive CR pusher like Hurado, G Purrgis or and Idols Cheer and just ban A Lots. Working wonders for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.