• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Thanks alot, it's clearer now and I'll be more careful with the stats, for now I was selling so much stuff.

I'm scared though, I had 2 ML invocs and got 2 Slik Nomad... I just got another monthly ML invoc to do and if there is another shitty character...Those invocations are so rare, I really need to let go with the high expectations.

Edit : ...... Ilryos Axe............

That's a hero that is pretty great if invested into honestly. His specialty changed form is legit. Might be rough to farm all the runes if you're building Lorina but they also sort of compliment each other.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I'm pulling, I can pity but I kind of want to restock the hoard. I just don't know with already having Angie/Montmo and a possible Diene rerun in the future if I want another Water Weaver.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Like the design but I don't know in which content I'd use her. Got enough water units as it is...

GloomyHitsuji

Oct 31, 2017
For context, I've been playing since January and have never pulled an ML 5* from that pool. Don't expect anything and you won't get frustrated. There are however a lot of great ML 4* and a few good ML 3*. Axe being one of the good ones especially for early game players.

I've been playing since November (so, a bit over a year), and never got a single ML 5* until recently, with Maid Chloe (was like 10 pulls away from Mystic pity)

3tt2XQZ.png

A couple days away from the one month log-in bonus in the JP account (ML pull has been Mirsa & Elson so far, everyone else came from covenant summon)

Sometimes I think my original account was just cursed, lol
btw, I just joined the all (6000) Gold club, with the World Boss drop T_T

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing since November (so, a bit over a year), and never got a single ML 5* until recently, with Maid Chloe (was like 10 pulls away from Mystic pity)

I can't complain too much, I got A Ravi, J Kise and DJ Basar all within 40 pulls on their respective mystic banners. I'm currently 10 away from pity for ML Lidica right now though which has brought me crashing back to reality, but cest la vie.

Might pull for her as I would like a unit that gives Invincibility.

I know, that's my only pause, she could be a force on setting up a turn 2 cleave team. I think her passive, while nice, still isn't going to stop cleavers on defense.

I think I'll pull for her. She seems like an excellent anti cleave unit when paired with a tank, and also seems like a good counter to SSB. Her kit seems tailored to screw SSB's kit while ironically being excellent support for your own SSB. I can see comps like SSB + Charles + new healer + Aurius tank being pretty BS to fight.

Will her passive stack with Aurius?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Patch Notes: https://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/view/4343881

Her design feels like something out of an old school jrpg. That consecrated ground can proc Magaraha's Tome is kind of neat.
She seems like a sort of pseudo Carmin who trades some tank utility for healer utility.

I think I'll pull for her. She seems like an excellent anti cleave unit when paired with a tank, and also seems like a good counter to SSB. Her kit seems tailored to screw SSB's kit while ironically being excellent support for your own SSB. I can see comps like SSB + Charles + new healer + Aurius tank being pretty BS to fight.

Sucks that she's water, though. As if I needed more water units.

... Or more units to feed dogs to.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Charles, I'd love to get him (or Krau). I wonder is there any chance that they do a 5* RGB selector for Christmas, wouldnt mind if its paid gems only.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Ughhh, bad luck in GW. Brought SSB, Dizzy, Montmo versus Krau, SSB, Lilias. Pushed back with Dizzy to open and then it was an Elbris Counterattack Krau that provoked my Dizzy. The plan was to use S3 after Lilias moved to mitigate damage and then drop Krau real quick. SSB went and then landed both debuffs on Dizzy and when I went to cleanse with Montmo the provoke stayed. Lilias then landed her S2 provoke on Dizzy. Sigh.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
So is there a point to Elena if you already have Carmin?
I have Carmin but will probably pull for Elena because it looks like Elena fills a slightly different role. Elena looks like she has less damage reduction than Carmin, but has cleanse skills and what I assume is at least some amount of sustain in her S2.

While Carmin is strong, I find myself avoiding her a lot because I find her boring to play, and I think cleanse abilities are super important in GW/arena these days because of how many AoE debuff units are popular at the moment.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I have Carmin but will probably pull for Elena because it looks like Elena fills a slightly different role. Elena looks like she has less damage reduction than Carmin, but has cleanse skills and what I assume is at least some amount of sustain in her S2.

While Carmin is strong, I find myself avoiding her a lot because I find her boring to play, and I think cleanse abilities are super important in GW/arena these days because of how many AoE debuff units are popular at the moment.

Just beware that if you use her on defense she's likely to waste her S2 heal on a Basar who opens and does very little damage and then her auto will probably be dumb enough to use S3 first and be unable to apply invincibility.

She's basically trivialized on Defense by Basar just how C.Armin was. I'd see her as an offense only unit for Arena/GW and at that point I feel like there are better options to take up a slot on my team. She might shine in GW where her cleanse is guaranteed to hit the other two allies and next turn she can apply invincibility making her slightly better than Montmo. Have to see what her S2 healing power looks like and whether it triggers off an SSB counter.

Just my 2 cents.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Just beware that if you use her on defense she's likely to waste her S2 heal on a Basar who opens and does very little damage and then her auto will probably be dumb enough to use S3 first and be unable to apply invincibility.

She's basically trivialized on Defense by Basar just how C.Armin was. I'd see her as an offense only unit for Arena/GW and at that point I feel like there are better options to take up a slot on my team. She might shine in GW where her cleanse is guaranteed to hit the other two allies and next turn she can apply invincibility making her slightly better than Montmo. Have to see what her S2 healing power looks like and whether it triggers off an SSB counter.

Just my 2 cents.
Good point. I guess I could wait a week or two on her banner to see how her AI acts.

Even with suboptimal AI use, sometimes these units are still annoying enough to be decent at defense in the right comps. SSA is like that too.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Good point. I guess I could wait a week or two on her banner to see how her AI acts.

Even with suboptimal AI use, sometimes these units are still annoying enough to be decent at defense in the right comps. SSA is like that too.

My guess is her use on defense will be to try and be very bulky on tanky teams to survive cleaves, but in a world of Basar/Tywins I think most cleaves are overkill because defense break is so broken and the 15% damage reduction won't matter anyway. Maybe I'm wrong though and she'll be enough to deter cleavers like C.Armin once did. I'm definitely going to wait and see on her.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
A Coli users: I can finally build her, but she'll only have 229 speed. Will that be sufficient or is that too little? It's the best I can do right now.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
A Coli users: I can finally build her, but she'll only have 229 speed. Will that be sufficient or is that too little? It's the best I can do right now.
I'm in challenger and my A Coli has 247 speed. 229 is a bit low for my tastes, since a Dizzy or Vivian can easily reach that speed. If you have strong speed imprinters she can work great, but probably not so much against other speed based comps.

I often prefer to use my ML rin @ 233 speed these days compared to my Coli. Not getting her s3 to stun after getting a turn first sucks

Last edited:

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Is AColi still good in this super bruiser and AoE-based meta?

I have enough dogs for another promote, and I'm trying to decide between Charles, W.Schuri and AColi. I like AColi more, but I suspect Charles is the more practical choice.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I think A Coli needs to be blazing fast. If she's lower you are playing chicken with the bajillion 235-245 speed Basars and Dizzys. You can go slower and target tanky teams and try and stun but at less than a 100% chance it's not really a risk worth taking not including if the person you plan on targeting has immunity.

If you can get her to Ennsa's level of speed you can reliably out speed a lot of cleave defense. But to what end? I rarely ever see a cleave defense in Champion.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in challenger and my A Coli has 247 speed. 229 is a bit low for my tastes, since a Dizzy or Vivian can easily reach that speed. If you have strong speed imprinters she can work great, but probably not so much against other speed based comps.

I often prefer to use my ML rin @ 233 speed these days compared to my Coli. Not getting her s3 to stun after getting a turn first sucks
Yeah this was my concern. I wanted her at around that speed (249 was what I was aiming for) but I just can't manage that and the crit chance at this point in time. She might still be useful (and fun) as a dps though. I'm mainly looking at Guild Wars really.
Depends on what level of PVP you are in. I had a 218 speed one that did great in GW. I'm also only at Wildcard though.
Ah ok. We're in the tier above I think, but I think it's worth giving her a try anyways (once I can mola her). She's so cool looking and seems like a fun unit.

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
How much P2W is in this game? Lol

Pity pull on mystic rotations, guaranteed all upcoming ML5 on rotations.
Stamina refresh skystone buy
Pet Food skystone buy
Auto runs forever.

However It's not good to start adding exclusive "paid skystone" features since right now the game is fair to a certain extend.

Edit: Nevermind, they can only do around 130~ pulls out of 200 for each mystic rotation.
This is of course without calculating any guild war rewards or hunts drops, but its not guaranteed.
I remain with my point, we don't need a "paid user feature" only.

Last edited:

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Pity pull on mystic rotations, guaranteed all upcoming ML5 on rotations.
Stamina refresh skystone buy
Pet Food skystone buy
Auto runs forever.

However It's not good to start adding exclusive "paid skystone" features since right now the game is fair to a certain extend.

None of those are P2W.

You can't even reach pity just from buying all the mystic packs available in a month and everybody is given time to save between reruns, although they might not hit pity. And it's just a unit.

Someone buying lief and then skystones to play the game more than you isn't P2W either.

Nobody is buying an unlimited amount of snacks when you can just macro freely instead. And then they're still gated by RNG.

I'm not familiar with how paid and free skystones work in Gacha since they ones I played didn't have it. Or at the time didn't anyway.

Is it like exclusive rights to pull on a banner?

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
"Paid skystones" and "Free skystones" right now its just for your own mesurement of what is being given free and what have you invested in.
They also said at some point they won't be adding any features for paid skystones only.

The way it works is, your "free skystones" are used first when buying something from the shop and "paid skystones" will be used after you are out of "free skystones".
So hopefully it stays that way, I don't wanna be forced to pay real money to have "paid skystones" to join a feature/event, that was just my 2cent because someone was suggesting a RGB 5* selector with "paid skystones only".

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
They absolutely need to add something that's premium only: cosmetics.

Costumes should be $9.99 or premium skystones. Then they can take away from of the RNG from farming gear.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More advantages to whales on a feature with paid skystones ONLY??
We don't need more P2W....

Select tickets in more or less every gacha are paid only. I dont mind if they just have a cash price on it. Also selecting one RGB unit is hardly P2W. But sure, you keep fighting the good fight because gacha games with PvP arent all P2W. You're also kidding yourself if you think they arent going to pull some bullshit now that they made paid gems a separate category.

Last edited:

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017

Just my 2 cents.

I don't think her kit has a great deal of synergy -- I would have liked to have seen her S1 soulburn get an extra turn. That way you could aoe cleanse debuffs, then apply invincibility & resist buff on her S3. I also think her S3 should've provided something more than the standard 50% resist buff. Would've been a good time to introduce a Greater Resist buff that gives 100%, as at 50% you're still gambling.

But I'm still going to try to summon her as I think she offers some interesting tools that could slot into the right team.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
It's just not a P2W game. There is nothing strictly tied behind premium currency, at all. The whales pay but experience the same amount of RNG, they are just accelerating their chances at getting good gear. If you want to claim they get all the best units...since pity was a thing it's been possible as F2P to basically pity every new RGB character banner if you skip the re-runs and as far as mystics go the new ML units that have come along since Mystic pity has been a thing they haven't exactly been earth shattering and if a F2P so choose they could have saved up 1 if not 2 mystic banner pity summons by now.

And that is all from a PvP perspective. From a PvE perspective you can clear basically all the content with 3/4*'s or free characters like Sol all equipped with Arena and free gear.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen that new character animation before. That was pretty cool.

I threw a few bms into her banner but got two Roses so far. The game keeps giving me Rose dupes.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
If her damn heal had no cooldown on it, I'd actually pull her.

But 2-turn cooldown means it'll proc on Basar and then be useless when the actual cleaver hits. Pointless. Plus her damage reduction is literally the same as Crimson Armin (for AoEs and not crits, but functionally the same end result) who I already have on my team, and I'd have to run her alongside an Aurius tank since she can't wear it.

Needless to say, I am pretty severely underwhelmed. Cleave is a huge fuckin' problem with this game and having a healer who could actually counter it would be great, but they continue to play it way too damn safe and render these units ineffectual at their damn jobs.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
RNG in this game can be wild. My Yufine, Baiken and Violet all miss a Luna because of Ass Cart. 15% caused all 3 to miss.

Then Ass Cart hits my Vioelt with dreamblade like 5 times in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.