• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
6b1190ac467bf9aae4cb6d8dc999477a.png

Six weeks. No new banner hero.

What the hell are they doing? Their pipeline is so slow. I've never seen a month between banners, and we're going to come up on six weeks. For a game they treat like an MMO they sure aren't supporting it like one.

You realize it's been since summer that FGO JP got a new servant right? They dont need new units every other week. Plus we just got 5 new 3*.

Luna is a limited servant and this will do well. It's like a Merlin rerun.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
The silhouette looks like regular Luna not a new Luna unit.

I dont mind no new 5* but I really want some harder pve content.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
You realize it's been since summer that FGO JP got a new servant right? They dont need new units every other week. Plus we just got 5 new 3*.

Luna is a limited servant and this will do well. It's like a Merlin rerun.
We need something. There has been nothing to do in E7 for months. Events are either literal reruns or offer so little content that they're cleared in 10 minutes. Story chapters are nice, but again, offer no gameplay challenges/differentiation. I don't think anyone who has been playing this for a while has had anything that doesn't require brainless auto in months.

Heroes at least offer variety to team comps and testing the meta, even if there's very little to test them on other than PVP.

Dunno, game has been incredibly stale for months and WB looks to be a massive disappointment. Pets will be cute, but that's a QoL change with some pretty big caveats.

Where are the Hell Raid bosses? The co-op PVE content? Anything that requires a brain outside of the RNGfest that is PVP? It'd be one thing if they built the game to be a side, casual game, but it's clearly built like an MMO grinder, and they're not supporting it like one.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming this is the Luna side story we missed before the global launch and probably a limited rerun of Luna banner, another thing is I think they are focused on Japan release, meaning they are just putting fillers for old servers while focusing there

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I do agree that they have been bad with content aside from characters.

Also looks like they are making unnecessary changes to arena. They keep scuffing with things that no one had issues with.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
There are a lot of new features coming including the steeple, pets and world boss. I just find the game a little boring at the moment. I don't know. The content and the grind is just stale as many people say, particularly for me who has 0 interest in PvP.

I think some of the additional content such as gearing via alchemy steeple just adds another step in progression that while it might make things easier I feel it ultimately becomes a bit more annoying as now we're switching screens to the steeple, throwing stuff in the pot and sifting through all the junk manually trying to decide what sets we have enough of to maybe make something decent. Meanwhile, for a while now it was literally sell all trash items and just keep on wyverning. Not fun but less effort?

I've been mulling over the type of content I want for the game in terms of PvE and I'm not sure what it is. The somewhat new special equipment PvE stuff I find horribly boring... Worse that it is constantly repeating and you have to play the fucker 3 times, maybe have a practice run first. Just a huge time sink and I don't even have all these heroes built or geared otherwise, it feels a bit pointless.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I really think Automaton Tower was the answer a lot of us were looking for in PvE content. I've said it over and over here but they finally developed some challenging content for people to build for, on a monthly basis, and then nerfed the hell out of it to the point it's another auto mode. The solution wasn't a nerf, it was a different distribution of rewards. The E7 community is a little skittish when it comes to challenge to the point they complain so much about hard content they can't beat day 1 until it is nerfed. Latest being Nilgal.

I'd love to see some massively ramped up difficulty where the rewards are purely cosmetic. It gives you something to strive for and then you can show it off in PvP, your support units, your frames, etc. Stop locking the most desirable currencies/equipment behind the hardest content and people won't complain as much.

PAD has an excellent set of monthly challenges, a game I've been playing for years, that I still can't complete each month and/or takes serious team building throughout the month to get through. The reward for the final challenge is equivalent to like 5 covenant bookmarks though. Or PAD's ranking dungeons where really only the top tier players get the equivalent of SSS rank (think like trials) but the reward is a crown that does literally nothing but go on your nameplate.

Last edited:

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Where are the Hell Raid bosses? The co-op PVE content?

AT was a good idea until it was nerfed to the ground.

You're asking about things they have given time frames for...twice (delays notwithstanding). We've been given details about the content as well.

It's not as if nothing hasn't been announced and you don't know what's coming, and a timeframe hasn't been supplied. They have.

A new character to add to backlog of characters people are already struggling to build isn't a substitute for lack of PvE content either.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
The disconnect thing is getting really annoying. While I'm watching the kiddos in the morning, I'll kick off a hunt or something and throw my phone down and not pick it back up for another 15-20 minutes and the game will have disconnected me for idling but the run won't count. Pretty annoying as that is kind of my routine with the game, kick something off and then check back later.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, as much as I like the excitement of new characters, knowing it would likely be a long time before I can even use the character kinda takes the wind out of the sails. Also, this disconnect issue is legitimately the first time I'm actually annoyed with the game.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
The disconnect thing is getting really annoying. While I'm watching the kiddos in the morning, I'll kick off a hunt or something and throw my phone down and not pick it back up for another 15-20 minutes and the game will have disconnected me for idling but the run won't count. Pretty annoying as that is kind of my routine with the game, kick something off and then check back later.
I've been getting a ton of disconnects too, but maybe at slightly longer intervals. Before, I would be able to kick off a run, hit pause when I needed to put my phone away, then come back an hour later and still complete the run. Now the game always disconnects me when I come back. I'm guessing some dev set the game to timeout at much shorter times than before.

I play the game the same way as you though, so this does cut into my productivity in the game quite a bit.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
6b1190ac467bf9aae4cb6d8dc999477a.png

Six weeks. No new banner hero.

What the hell are they doing? Their pipeline is so slow. I've never seen a month between banners, and we're going to come up on six weeks. For a game they treat like an MMO they sure aren't supporting it like one.
It is pretty surprising, considering all of the money they're bringing in.

I'm excited for Luna, despite her not really being needed these days (thanks to Lorina). I'm still going to grab her via pity and be happy about it, and who knows? She might get buffs in the future. Regardless, I pull with my heart, so there's not stopping me here.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It is pretty surprising, considering all of the money they're bringing in.

I'm excited for Luna, despite her not really being needed these days (thanks to Lorina). I'm still going to grab her via pity and be happy about it, and who knows? She might get buffs in the future. Regardless, I pull with my heart, so there's not stopping me here.

As someone who uses both. Trust me when I say that Lorina doesnt hold a fucking candle to Luna.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Lorina actually has the third highest raw DPS in the game, higher than Luna. Luna does better against fire, and has defense break, but even including her S2 passive she doesn't do as much DPS as Lorina.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Luna have elemental advantage on S3 too, which is always nice for flexibility, never tested both with same gear, I think both are good

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone finding use for DJ? I'm 1 pull away from pity. I want to pull for ml croz and won't be able to without using my pity. So not sure if it's worth 1. Using it on DJ, 2. Using it on Maid Chloe, or 3. Saving it and missing ML Croz.

Before the spec sez change I would have been happy to pull for maid chloe but now I'm not sure what to do.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I think what I find confusing about the banner situation (and also find it confusing that I don't really see people mentioning this) is why does a Luna rerun mean we can't have a new banner at the same time? The week I started this game there was a Ken banner and a Haste banner, so it's not like there's no precedent for two banners. This is both a question to the community and a question to SG. People assume we can't have both, and it's seems SG is not going to do both in this situation.

I do agree though that a new hero isn't going to supplement a lack of PvE content. For me this game is about Guild Wars and not much else, so it doesn't really feel stale to me. There's always room for me to improve and always new matchups to face. But I can understand the frustration that PvE focused players feel. I think the main thing for me on that side is the fact that story isn't difficult. World difficulty bosses were quite challenging for me at the time, so I feel it's a shame that the difficulty didn't continue on from there in Episode 2. I understand they wanted it to be accessible to everyone, but when they release a new story chapter it doesn't feel like "content". I enjoy the story as well, so I want to feel the challenge the characters are facing, and not just click auto.
Is anyone finding use for DJ? I'm 1 pull away from pity. I want to pull for ml croz and won't be able to without using my pity. So not sure if it's worth 1. Using it on DJ, 2. Using it on Maid Chloe, or 3. Saving it and missing ML Croz.

Before the spec sez change I would have been happy to pull for maid chloe but now I'm not sure what to do.
He's probably one of the best Dizzy counters. But that's about it from what I can see.

In regards to maid I doubt anyone will be running Spez on defence so I don't think that's an issue.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I think what I find confusing about the banner situation (and also find it confusing that I don't really see people mentioning this) is why does a Luna rerun mean we can't have a new banner at the same time? The week I started this game there was a Ken banner and a Haste banner, so it's not like there's no precedent for two banners. This is both a question to the community and a question to SG. People assume we can't have both, and it's seems SG is not going to do both in this situation.

I do agree though that a new hero isn't going to supplement a lack of PvE content. For me this game is about Guild Wars and not much else, so it doesn't really feel stale to me. There's always room for me to improve and always new matchups to face. But I can understand the frustration that PvE focused players feel. I think the main thing for me on that side is the fact that story isn't difficult. World difficulty bosses were quite challenging for me at the time, so I feel it's a shame that the difficulty didn't continue on from there in Episode 2. I understand they wanted it to be accessible to everyone, but when they release a new story chapter it doesn't feel like "content". I enjoy the story as well, so I want to feel the challenge the characters are facing, and not just click auto.

He's probably one of the best Dizzy counters. But that's about it from what I can see.

In regards to maid I doubt anyone will be running Spez on defence so I don't think that's an issue.

If my memory isn't failing , they made a dual banner with Krau and Tenebria on one/two weeks earlier and people complained a lot , then they did separate banners with Haste and Ken running at the same time after that (it was probably changed to appease the angry people), it was briefly before GG collab, after that I don't remember we had two banners going on, but yeah everything is possible

Last edited:

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Luna is also more flexible with her gear since you only need to reach 70% crit chance. Also she doesn't need to attack to build up her attack buff she just starts with it.

I have both at +15. Luna is my favorite unit so I may also be biased. It's just when Luna gets all 10 hits on her S1 it's a thing of beauty.

"I will shatter you!" So fucking good.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh look, someone on Era is complaining about e7. That almost never happens! Honestly, if you have an issue with the lack of content, why not just play something else in the meantime? The expectations for new content in a free game might be a bit much. I've been jamming on Last Cloudia and it's pretty good.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Rolled Ains with my daily summon and Eaton with my ML bookmarks from login rewards. Now I almost have all the new 3*s besides Hataan.

Wish I heard about the disconnect issue before I started my raid run. Now I dont even feel like doing it because of the wasted effort.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Oh look, someone on Era is complaining about e7. That almost never happens! Honestly, if you have an issue with the lack of content, why not just play something else in the meantime? The expectations for new content in a free game might be a bit much. I've been jamming on Last Cloudia and it's pretty good.

but halloween! I'm bummed. No anniversary hero, no Halloween hero.

i also started re 2 finally.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Isn't the witch girl with the big plot and her sidekick lantern a halloween character? She isn't pullable but only shows up at Halloween right? I'll remember her name one day... maybe. She is so forgettable to me.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is subjective. It all comes down to your gacha gaming history. FFBE was my first gacha game and that provides new content and a new hero each week. In comparison this game is extremely slow and lacking with its content. As I said earlier I don't really care about anything other than GvG so it doesn't bother me personally, but I can understand the frustration. Where's the challenging PvE content? Something like a new Abyss Floor each month (a time limited tower was not the answer), challenging story content, and world bosses (which I know are coming) would go a long way to satisfy these players.

On a side note it doesn't really seem fair to complain about people complaining when their concerns are legitimate.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Pets look overly complicated, but they're cute. Pretty neutral on the whole system. It'll be fun to see all new cuties.

Sticking a new, AMAZING artifact on an old banner is a dick move. Luckily we get one from the event shop.

They're introducing paid vs free skystones. Goodbye Epic Pass. Really shitty move. Just add more skystone drains. Add more costumes that cost 3-5k (free) skystones. Let people spend them.

Imprint changes could be game-changing. Need to see how strong they are.

Luna banner is two weeks, as is the event, so we likely won't get a datamine. I bet this is intentional as they were sick of people datamining all their surprises.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think this is subjective. It all comes down to your gacha gaming history. FFBE was my first gacha game and that provides new content and a new hero each week. In comparison this game is extremely slow and lacking with its content. As I said earlier I don't really care about anything other than GvG so it doesn't bother me personally, but I can understand the frustration. Where's the challenging PvE content? Something like a new Abyss Floor each month (a time limited tower was not the answer), challenging story content, and world bosses (which I know are coming) would go a long way to satisfy these players.

On a side note it doesn't really seem fair to complain about people complaining when their concerns are legitimate.

Honestly that's not my memory of FFBE in that first year, with the new content and character every week. Besides, it's kinda unfair to compare e7 to a game that has been out years. Like I said, expectations for e7 seem unfair. People are always free to complain. Say what you want. But out of all the gacha I've played, the complaining about everything SG does in this game is the loudest.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ein's overview seems pretty accurate/concise.

I'm not looking forward to things costing paid skystones.

Since I have maid chloe I made a play for DJ Basar over the past week and now I'm 11 from mystic pity and <1 mil gold now; 4 Tywins tho. So I'm hoping the pet buffs are decently strong, as I need my gold back.

Tenebria's buffs make me feel like I should have moved her from %Attack boots to speed. Unfortunately her boots have like 13% crit and she's at 80% total now so that'll be hard to manage.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Pets have nice effects but I won't likely be using them for autobattling. My farming goes too fast to let the game go by itself, otherwise I'd probably miss when some fodder was at max level and I'd start wasting exp.
Free boosts to drops in hunts and such is appreciated though. It'll take some funds invested to get there but any permanent boost to help with the grind is appreciated.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually quite disappointed there's no new epic pass. Was looking forward to a Halloween skin (particularly on Luna because I don't really like her default design). Let me give you my skystones SG!

Personally excited for Luna though. One of my most wanted heroes. Absolutely love her character arc.
Honestly that's not my memory of FFBE in that first year, with the new content and character every week. Besides, it's kinda unfair to compare e7 to a game that has been out years. Like I said, expectations for e7 seem unfair. People are always free to complain. Say what you want. But out of all the gacha I've played, the complaining about everything SG does in this game is the loudest.
Yeah maybe. It's hard for me to remember BE's first year tbh. I quit and then went back six months later and that's how it was when I returned so that's how I remember it. But I do remember content being quite consistent. That being said part of that was that the story updates were a lot more meaty than the ones we get in E7. And there's no true PvP component so they didn't need to spend time and manpower on balancing the heroes.

I do agree with your last line. It does feel like everyone is always on SG's case, regardless of what they do. And a lot of it does feel disproportionate/unfair. I just think it's in those situations where we should be calling people out for complaining and not when the concerns are reasonably valid.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
They updated the side story to give one Draco Plate Artifact in exchange for dragon scales.

I imagine they did this because they know Veterans who have Luna would be pissed to waste bookmarks on a banner for an artifact that has no guarantee to drop.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
They updated the side story to give one Draco Plate Artifact in exchange for dragon scales.

I imagine they did this because they know Veterans who have Luna would be pissed to waste bookmarks on a banner for an artifact that has no guarantee to drop.

That's nice I just gave a quick look on content and missed the info

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'll roll a few times for Luna, but I don't think I can gear her anytime soon even if I get her. It'll be nice to get that artifact though.

Pets definitely seem way overcomplicated. People just wanted an auto repeat battle and auto chest interaction button. They added a huge subsystem instead. I'll take it, but I don't plan to spend much effort on that.

I am worried about the split of free/paid skystones. This is a very bad sign where things are heading... >.>
They mentioned that it's just for data collection purposes for now, which seems okay because they probably do want to know how much people are actually spending on the game. Hopefully it doesn't become more than that, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.