• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats! You going to build her?
Definitely, but I haven't decided how yet. I was still trying to think of how to integrate regular Ceci into my team, and now I need to think about how to fit Fceci in there too.

It519 suggested the standard speed/hp build, and I don't think I can go wrong with that. I might experiment with trying to get some damage on her too though, since GW seems to be about bruiser comps and having even a bit of damage on your tank/supports helps.

Roughly half my GW wins seem to come from smacking people with a 2000 atk unit for a zillion turns, so if I want to be more useful in GW then I suppose I could try to improve on that.

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely, but I haven't decided how yet. I was still trying to think of how to integrate regular Ceci into my team, and now I need to think about how to fit Fceci in there too.

It519 suggested the standard speed/hp build, and I don't think I can go wrong with that. I might experiment with trying to get some damage on her too though, since GW seems to be about bruiser comps and having even a bit of damage on your tank/supports helps.

Roughly half my GW wins seem to come from smacking people with a 2000 atk unit for a zillion turns, so if I want to be more useful in GW then I suppose I could try to improve on that.

Congrats, that's so fun to get a new ML 5 to play with, especially a defensive one.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking about Rin's buff, and there's one part I really don't get. They changed the buffs her S3 can get to "satisfy the player", but I don't see how getting crit chance is ever good. No one is building their DPS with that buff chance in mind. Keeping speed and removing that would have been a lot better imo.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
I've been thinking about Rin's buff, and there's one part I really don't get. They changed the buffs her S3 can get to "satisfy the player", but I don't see how getting crit chance is ever good. No one is building their DPS with that buff chance in mind. Keeping speed and removing that would have been a lot better imo.

Crit chance allows for a lot of leniency with gear tbh. With that buff I can have so many units 280+ crit.d and high attack with 100% crit rate due to it. I like it

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Crit chance allows for a lot of leniency with gear tbh. With that buff I can have so many units 280+ crit.d and high attack with 100% crit rate due to it. I like it
But Rin's buffs are random. If you built your DPS around that and didn't get it you would have 4 turns of having less than 100% crit chance rate. When it's a one in three chance to get that one buff I can't see that working out well on average.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
This Lena character kinda looks legit??? Maybe that 50% critical chance passive is tricking me but that and her S3 is a scary combination.

A poor woman's A.Vildred and Luna put together???

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This Lena character kinda looks legit??? Maybe that 50% critical chance passive is tricking me but that and her S3 is a scary combination.

A poor woman's A.Vildred and Luna put together???

I built mine and she is very much a poverty farmer. I think she's awesome. Also if you build her speedy she can cycle S1 quite a bit since it increases her CR.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone able to give pointers on a PvP team? I'm currently using my PvE team that's heavily debuff reliant (Sigret and Surin). I've hit a wall at Master IV.

I'll just throw out my list of 5* and ML4/5*.

Arbiter Vildred
Vildred
Sigret
Surin
Tamarinna
Angelica
DJ Basar
Destina
Apoc Ravi
Lilias
Vivian
Chloe
Yuna
Ruele
Yufine
Cecelia
Assassin Cartuja
Gen Purrgis
Celestial Mercedes
Blaze Dingo
Rose

I do have a bunch of other 4 stars and specialty changes, but I figured these were the rarer ones.
Looking at the top50 for this season, there are a few team comps that I can do, minus Fallen Cecilia, so if there's a decent F.Ceci rep in there that might also help.

Last edited:

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Fast DJ Basar to push the team forward. Then Vivian for attack up/ immunity and to hold Tagahels, then C Merc and A Vil to cleave.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Fast DJ Basar to push the team forward. Then Vivian for attack up/ immunity and to hold Tagahels, then C Merc and A Vil to cleave.

Is Vivian worth it? All she's really doing is the attack up, since it'll be after DJ Basar who already puts immunity on them. Would Rose be better for the attack buff + CR push?
Edit: just realized I didn't put Rose on the list.

OH, since I need a mage for the souls at start and celestial mercedes is better with a damaging artifact.

Last edited:

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You could use Rose if you need more CR push. Have CMerc hold Tags and A Vil hold Portrait or Tonfas if you don't have it.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Era guild leaders can you announce to put back up healer supporters seems like most people still have not done so!

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Is Vivian worth it? All she's really doing is the attack up, since it'll be after DJ Basar who already puts immunity on them. Would Rose be better for the attack buff + CR push?
Edit: just realized I didn't put Rose on the list.

OH, since I need a mage for the souls at start and celestial mercedes is better with a damaging artifact.
Oh, one more thing to note is cmerc's S3 CR pushes herself on crits. Optimally, you want her to be able to S3 all four units, which CR pushes herself most of the way to another turn, then have a bit of speed to help her move again shortly after to S2 everyone. It's why she's a good cleaver, but it also means that she can get counterattacked and killed/provoked/whatever before she gets that S2 off.

If you're using both CMerc and Avild for cleave, that means you may be going for three big AoE attacks. That'll probably kill almost anything, but you'll need to be wary of things like Charles, Fceci, ML Ken, counter Dizzy, and so on.

Era guild leaders can you announce to put back up healer supporters seems like most people still have not done so!
Just put that up on the announcements and set my own healer.

Were they removed for some reason? I could've sworn I had already set mine.

Last edited:

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I stand corrected the problem still persist if you exit the game and comeback in your healer is removed, seems like you have to set again.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
That's dumb, compounded because I've noticed since the latest iOS update I also get kicked from the server a ton after idling the app and/or changing WiFi/cellular. Not sure if they started kicking idle players or if it's just something new.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they dont care because the soul weaver bug is because of the pet delay and will be gone when pets are implemented

Lol

Last edited:

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Does anyone actually use soul weavers? Do people still pick supports for that matter? I reckon it'll be really useful in areas such as Abyss but for the most part a bruiser or grinder will get you through most world/event stages. I don't remember the last time I felt like I need a healer for support. Sometimes I'll run into a support that is ungeared, usually in the leader slot. That is generally a sign to check my friends list for inactives and start booting people.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Does anyone actually use soul weavers? Do people still pick supports for that matter? I reckon it'll be really useful in areas such as Abyss but for the most part a bruiser or grinder will get you through most world/event stages. I don't remember the last time I felt like I need a healer for support. Sometimes I'll run into a support that is ungeared, usually in the leader slot. That is generally a sign to check my friends list for inactives and start booting people.

I personally always have one set for people I might have on my list still going through the story. Some people have their own farmers too, but on some boss stages they might need the occasional sustain.

Those are the main reasons I can think of.

Oct 25, 2017
My main farming strategy, especially for world 9+ is to bring any of my damage dealers and grab a soul weaver from my friends list. That way I can use whoever I want to gain friendship points on.

So yea, this bug has really fucked with how I play

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Spent way, way too much time on the weekend messing around with gear.

As I've said before, when you hit a certain threshold of heroes + gear the entire concept of paying to move gear around becomes absolutely absurd. Not only do unequip costs need to go away we need gear loadouts. The game honestly reminds me of what Monster Hunter games were like before they had loadouts, and it's hard to even imagine how I put up with that back then. They can limit gear swaps while GW is running, or something. But it's getting real dumb having to frantically spend tons of time tweaking stuff for 2 days of a month. It's not enough time to test things out and make changes.

Anyways, it turns out I've been very inefficient with my gear up to now. My Arbiter Vildred actually hits harder with a speed set on and is a far bigger threat now. By freeing up his Attack gear I was able to improve multiple other characters like Vivian, because he was so crammed with my good crit% stuff I could make multiple characters viable by spreading it around.

While trying out my new Basar cleave setup I also found that Lilias is by far the biggest hurdle for my offense team, so I gave her some of my best stuff and moved her to my defense. Based on the post-unequip-weekend look of defense teams in champion, everyone else had the same idea.

I also built ML Zerato ahead of his buff, I may regret the mola investment but oh well. Gotta do something with ML Ken's hand-me-down gear. I have him set up for high crit, attack, effectiveness and decent hp/def. But it may be better to build much higher effectiveness and defense and just focus on transferring debuffs/surviving. Depends what their next PVE content looks like I guess.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
i took everything off angel mont and gave it all to lilias. speed/hp. now lilias tanks golem11 and i can finally beat golem 11. also swapped some stuff onto cermia and gave tama a bit more speed

my w11 trio remained largely untouched, just that angel mo helped with pvp and other random things, so it sucks i can't use her for a bit, but i hope being able to beat g11 will make the benefits worth it

soul weavers:
i use them when my party wiped and everyone has 1hp. i swap in a tamarine support and my team is at full hp again at the end of the fight

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't move a ton around, I find the task super daunting but I agree with Mupod in finding that I've so optimized my speed gear that it's often better than any attack set. One high Attack % sub-stat on a piece of speed gear can outweigh an entire attack set bonus if you aren't careful. Same goes with crit chance gear, I'll run broken sets all the time just because a piece rolled more than the 12% crit chance bonus you get from that set. I tried a counter set on Dizzy to see if she would help my defense out and no dice.

Got knocked out of Champion, kinda bummed. Tried pretty hard all week to stave off the wave of attackers just decimating my defense (5% defense rate lol). Was pretty vigilant about using up all my naturally generating flags and the friendship flags every day and never dropped out of Champion. Didn't spend any stones until last night I spent 60 stones to get back to 5,010 points (the difference in weekly rewards is 160 stones so it felt justified) only to wake up and find I had been attacked 7 times in the last hour and got knocked out. I'm revenge attacking everyone in my list out of spite and will keep doing so knowing they lose 12 points in a loss to me and only get 8 in a win lol.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
My attack sets are still better for damage, but I seem to roll a crap load of defensive stats on my speed sets, which lends itself well for tanks and healers I guess. As usual with refear events, all my units got a bit better, and I've benched the ones I use less often. Vivian is benched for the time being because of Yufine, and I'm trying to figure out how to use SS Achates. Her immortality buff is amazing, but so far she seems useless outside of that. Right now the buff alone isn't justifying a party slot very well, so I think i either need to put a few molas on her, or figure out a different build.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Stripped everybody that was not in my rotation of heroes i use, and got almost 2 million gold selling off terrible gear. Only Lilias benefited from the free unequip everybody else pretty much stayed the same. Hoping Lilias brings more defense wins for me in guild war and arena. Finished Rikoris specialty change and I thought i was going to feel weary about Arena, but I ended up enjoying it alot grinding out the 250 Arena matches.

Got my first ml 5* from a free summon, Maid Chloe! she is my second ML 5*. When fighting her in Arena i guess her annoyance only depends who else is on the team. Not sure if i want to build her up, not really sure how to use her.

So I went all in on mystics pulls for DJ, didn't get him.

edit: bought 1 mystic pull from SS and got DJ. I got decisions to make!

Last edited:

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Free unequip was good but also bad for me.

Good because I now have a consistent cleave team with Judge Kise.

Bad because I had to steal gear from Charlottw to re-gear A Vildred and so now she is naked.

Also A Vildred just isnt as strong as he used to be.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Free unequip was good but also bad for me.

Good because I now have a consistent cleave team with Judge Kise.

Bad because I had to steal gear from Charlottw to re-gear A Vildred and so now she is naked.

Also A Vildred just isnt as strong as he used to be.

He's still plenty strong. I'd bet more people traded for him than traded one away after the nerf. He's everywhere now.

Lilias is such a good partner for him that I don't think his overall power level went down that much. But imagine if he still got the free attack buff on revive.

The best part is it's hard to imagine them doing another nerf for him so he's going to continue being a menace.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
He's still plenty strong. I'd bet more people traded for him than traded one away after the nerf. He's everywhere now.

Lilias is such a good partner for him that I don't think his overall power level went down that much. But imagine if he still got the free attack buff on revive.

The best part is it's hard to imagine them doing another nerf for him so he's going to continue being a menace.

I meant with the gear he has now than before. I gave all his gear to JKise.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I'm very curious to see how much A Vildred gets used after Spez buff. I'm not sure there's a way to stop Spez from blowing up AV every time, making the fight 3v4 every time. He will still be good on offense I reckon, but I already rarely see AV attacking me.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I have pulled Angelica, what's the best ML 4*/5* unit that synesthetic partner with her?
Angie is a really good all-purpose healer who can tank and heal with pretty much anyone. I still use her in all content, though PvP-wise she seems to take a back seat to A.Momo at higher ranks.

I'm very curious to see how much A Vildred gets used after Spez buff. I'm not sure there's a way to stop Spez from blowing up AV every time, making the fight 3v4 every time. He will still be good on offense I reckon, but I already rarely see AV attacking me.
I don't think there will be any stopping Spez or Lilibet from blowing up avild. Anyone who has extinction units will roll through these res comps, while everyone else still has to fight them normally.

Just depends on how common Spez and Lilibet are, and whether the two of them together are enough to make people start benching Avild. I don't think it'll change much though, since Spez is an ML5 and an incredibly unpopular one until now.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Extinction also works on revive buff right?

I just got Maid Chloe and it might turn out she will be almost useless on defense if Spez takes off.

Last edited:

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
It's irrelevant anyway. The only defense teams that work are speed cleave or speed anti-cleave. After the patch, it'll only be speed cleave (because anti-cleave compositions are extremely limited in the game right now - basically only consisting of teams with revive units and absurdly, obnoxiously tanky SS Bellona/Charles comps, and Spez annihilates both). Expect to see even more Hurados and Basars as time goes by.

The game is fundamentally broken and they show absolutely no interest in attempting to fix it. I'll be surprised if they introduce a new unit that actually puts a wrench into the Speed Cleave meta after they nerfed the shit out of ML Baal (who was the only one who could meaningfully put a stop to it). They probably will eventually but I expect a whole lot more ineffectual ML 5-stars and nat 5-stars that have zero impact on the meta.

And no, Assassin Cidd won't fix shit. There's enough ways to work around him (Double Tagahel's, a faster Aux Lots, or just not relying on soulburn) that his impact on the meta will be thoroughly mitigated.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017

I traded my A Vildred away for Ruele. Then I got him again 2 weeks later as a daily summon :)

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I traded my A Vildred away for Ruele. Then I got him again 2 weeks later as a daily summon :)
Now you can run Ruele + Avild defense and BS people with revive mechancs! I think there was some GW defense we ran into a while back that had something like Ruele + AMomo + DPS and it was stupidly hard to cut through. You needed to be tanky enough to eat big damage, but also have enough DPS to cut through two tanky healers healing and reviving each other.

Adding a high damage AVild to that would probably be awful to fight.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Cobbled together a squad for Nilgal this week since I don't have Ara or want to build up Serila. Put Junkyard Dog on J.Kise and it was actually really effective because you could reset nilgals cooldown so his super never goes off.

Didnt even run a healing artifact on ML Basar, just idols cheer. Lilias S1 randomly has him act enough to have the team healed up.

5sSbqQv.jpg

Mio

Oct 16, 2018
I got Cecilia almost 1 year ago. She spooked me pretty early (didn't roll on her banner), and eventually found 2 more copies of her that I used on ML Ceci instead.

Since I had a set of gears that fitted her very well unused, I decided to full awaken/6 star her.

Also wasted some molas to make her useable (+4 s1 and +4 s3, didn't bother with s2).

She's super cool and all, but I have no idea where and why I would want to use her other than she looks cool. Her kit really lacks imho.

I built her as a high speed disrupter
Attack 1851
Def 1304
HP 17590
Speed 212
Effectiveness 99%

Crit Chance 48%
Crit Damage 165%

She also has immunity. (Set is speed/immunity).

Artifact is Elbris.

This being said, I really have no idea why and where I would use her. I hope they will release her EE soon or buff her, cause she looks great and it's a shame she can't function properly.

If they gave her something like a dispel before provoking on S3, and a def break on S2, she would be really nice.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I got Cecilia almost 1 year ago. She spooked me pretty early (didn't roll on her banner), and eventually found 2 more copies of her that I used on ML Ceci instead.

Since I had a set of gears that fitted her very well unused, I decided to full awaken/6 star her.

Also wasted some molas to make her useable (+4 s1 and +4 s3, didn't bother with s2).

She's super cool and all, but I have no idea where and why I would want to use her other than she looks cool. Her kit really lacks imho.

I built her as a high speed disrupter
Attack 1851
Def 1304
HP 17590
Speed 212
Effectiveness 99%

Crit Chance 48%
Crit Damage 165%

She also has immunity. (Set is speed/immunity).

Artifact is Elbris.

This being said, I really have no idea why and where I would use her. I hope they will release her EE soon or buff her, cause she looks great and it's a shame she can't function properly.

If they gave her something like a dispel before provoking on S3, and a def break on S2, she would be really nice.
I've been thinking about how to make her useful too. The only time I've seen her used to great effect in arena was with a similar speed/disruptor build. She moved unexpectedly fast, provoked my whole party with her S3, and then I triggered their counter units like SSB over and over until I murdered myself on them.

With that approach, I imagine she could be good with other counter-based units like ssb, Charles, and ml Ken.

Or maybe a mid-speed bruiser build, and run her with other bruisers? All of her stat effects are good in prolonged fights.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017

Might swap out ML Ceci for Assassin Cartuja for evade memes. I just lost 4 matches this morning to Moonlight Dreamblade going off on literally every hit. If people have guaranteed setups to blow me up 100% of the time, maybe the only viable way is to make that fail with dodge memes 30% of the time.

Honestly if I had Spez I'd consider going Oath Key on him and just specialize in going after those.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Might swap out ML Ceci for Assassin Cartuja for evade memes. I just lost 4 matches this morning to Moonlight Dreamblade going off on literally every hit. If people have guaranteed setups to blow me up 100% of the time, maybe the only viable way is to make that fail with dodge memes 30% of the time.

Honestly if I had Spez I'd consider going Oath Key on him and just specialize in going after those.

This is my problem on defense, with my only top tier counter unit being SSB there's just nothing scary about my defense. So I'm trying RNG things like counterattack abyssal crown dizzy, etc, just to try and get a couple more wins a week. Anything to disrupt a flow.

Considering a G Purrgis to cut into Basar teams or even a Hurado.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
6b1190ac467bf9aae4cb6d8dc999477a.png

Six weeks. No new banner hero.

What the hell are they doing? Their pipeline is so slow. I've never seen a month between banners, and we're going to come up on six weeks. For a game they treat like an MMO they sure aren't supporting it like one.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Is there the possibility it is a Halloween Luna like Seallona or we certain it's just a Luna re-run?

It has been slow. I assume they've been pushing hard on this pet system, world boss, etc but I have to question how many people actually wanted this involved of a pet system. The original request was auto-battling and they made a whole mini-game system out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.