• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Pushing up on Champion at my current pace, my defense is kind of holding this week (25%) so without buying any extra flags I'm at 4700 points. Might push for it earlier in the day tomorrow.

I dropped Lilias health to 16k hp in exchange for a Crit C neck and immunity set. Seems to be doing a bit better, still get straight cleaved by A Lots all day long though.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
I have been climbing towards Legend as well and it has been absurdly trivial even at higher Champion ranks. My defense team isn't very good at winning but it is *very* good at discouraging people from even trying in the first place (C. Armin, A. Ravi, Corvus, and Kayron) so I haven't been dropping points as much as I should be.

The only defense teams that ever give me pause are the ones with speed Basar, and even those aren't unbeatable, just really annoying to fight. My offense team is just too obnoxiously capable. I'll probably try to gun for Legend I next week, albeit just for a few seconds, because I want to get the promotion skystone reward. And then I can finally just sit and farm Champion for the rest of my days.

As long as they don't nerf offense teams for whatever reason, I'll continue to abuse the hell out of TamIseria's nonsense.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Gimme a spooky limited version of a character... spooky fire bellona.

Then we just need 2 ml versions of her and we have a complete set

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I have been climbing towards Legend as well and it has been absurdly trivial even at higher Champion ranks. My defense team isn't very good at winning but it is *very* good at discouraging people from even trying in the first place (C. Armin, A. Ravi, Corvus, and Kayron) so I haven't been dropping points as much as I should be.

The only defense teams that ever give me pause are the ones with speed Basar, and even those aren't unbeatable, just really annoying to fight. My offense team is just too obnoxiously capable. I'll probably try to gun for Legend I next week, albeit just for a few seconds, because I want to get the promotion skystone reward. And then I can finally just sit and farm Champion for the rest of my days.

As long as they don't nerf offense teams for whatever reason, I'll continue to abuse the hell out of TamIseria's nonsense.

Bu-bu-bu-but how are you getting past all the Dizzy and SSB's?
lupe1.png

I wouldn't even think twice of hitting your defense team to be honest, though once I sat in high Champion I have to admit I was glad to rise about the A.Ravi's.... she will be a pain in the ass in the future with a slight buff let alone a big one.

Did have a fastish Kayron proc Alexis basket attack and crit buff and snatch my Iseria's soul once at the start of a match, was lolz.

Pushing up on Champion at my current pace, my defense is kind of holding this week (25%) so without buying any extra flags I'm at 4700 points. Might push for it earlier in the day tomorrow.

I dropped Lilias health to 16k hp in exchange for a Crit C neck and immunity set. Seems to be doing a bit better, still get straight cleaved by A Lots all day long though.

I would push to Champion, will be easier to stay in there with minimal games next week outside of rush hour. (I've only dropped to 4900 after not doing arena for 2 days, will finish Champ 4 before arena closes, good enough for now.....

I don't have the skystones to spare to push Legend when there is probably a limited unit coming out soon, my banner luck in this game is horrible....

Last edited:

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whats a good J Kise cleave comp? I've got Aux Lots (though maybe not fast enough). Trying Speed/Cirt with Exorcists Tonfa on J. Kise, Speed and Tags on Aux. At the moment I'm running Schuri for the speed imprint and ML Ken more or less just because. Would I be better slotting in another speed imprint instead of Ken or try to work in some survivability (e.g. something beefy with Aurius)?

Oct 25, 2017
Whats a good J Kise cleave comp? I've got Aux Lots (though maybe not fast enough). Trying Speed/Cirt with Exorcists Tonfa on J. Kise, Speed and Tags on Aux. At the moment I'm running Schuri for the speed imprint and ML Ken more or less just because. Would I be better slotting in another speed imprint instead of Ken or try to work in some survivability (e.g. something beefy with Aurius)?
JKise on attack or destruction set. Just max out attack, crit chance, and crit damage and ignore everything else. You can have one of the two extra characters carry midnight bloom to help with crit chance. Besides that, speed imprints are good to get aux lots up as fast as possible

lt519

Oct 25, 2017

Her base attack is a little low so even stacking attack you need god tier equipment to have her cleave in Champion, especially with all the pre-emptie ceci shields. You could have Tywin defense break but if you have Aux Lots and can soulburn J.Kise S2 into S3 you really will be fine against most teams but high eff resist like momo.

I don't straight cleave anyone. There's always cleanup work with Vivian. I run Basar to buff strip and push back, roozid to push forward, Vivian to attack buff and immunity (important to not get provoked by ceci or def broke by ssb).

My Vivian is built for attack as well so with a soulburn S2 she wrecks havoc on weakened units.

On J.Kise I run attack/crit set and she's super slow.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the advice, time to get another Tags to 30 then and try that double soulburn out. Not sure I have much decent attack gear for J Kise. The problem with predominantly running W11. Might build up my BBK on the side for Golem.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Neato, just got DJ Basar. Not sure if he's worth levelling though as I have Tamarinne @60 and Ruele/Angelica/Angelic Montmo @50.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

It's tough to cleave at high levels. Def teams can be pretty darn tanky. With Tywin, much easier or bring second cleaver. You probably won't need the speed imprint Bc not many speed teams, assuming your lots is fast enough on his own.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Bu-bu-bu-but how are you getting past all the Dizzy and SSB's?
lupe1.png
Dizzy and SSB are still absolute top priority kills for me. With every Dizzy being an abyssal crown stun spamming asshole, ignoring her is simply not an option. (Most SSBs in Champion+ are built super tanky though, which defeats the purpose as it makes her such a non-threat I can often save her for second or third priority.)

I still occasionally use SSB just to meme wins against teams quickly. Her damage output is so outrageously, stupendously high that I can often delete entire teams with Ruele or Maid Chloe before they can get a second turn. And that's with my extremely mediocre gear (70k-ish CP with basically no crit chance). I am extremely cognizant of how stupidly OP she is and I am absolutely abusing the hell out of her.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's tough to cleave at high levels. Def teams can be pretty darn tanky. With Tywin, much easier or bring second cleaver. You probably won't need the speed imprint Bc not many speed teams, assuming your lots is fast enough on his own.

Yeah even switching over my best attack stuff to J Kise (admittedly it probably isnt perfectly rolled) its hard to take out teams. Might swap out Cidd for BBK and see how that goes. Or might just go back to churning through NPC's ;)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got Vildred. Kind of weird how good he is after all this time. Dude's just shredding his way through missions as I level him up.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to stay in Champion last night. Turned on my phone this afternoon and was already down to 4950. My defense just does not work up here. Was able to revenge attack everyone and get right back to 5,000. I'll probably just hover around there and make a push one day to reach Champ 3 and above to collect the stones before dropping back to Challenger V lol.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Just in general, I guess. I know he's a great farmer, but I'm not sure how much better he is when compared to Sez/Vivian since I've yet to use him (outside of the tutorial, of course).

He kills faster than Sez in my experience. Sez is better when you're targeting one red enemy specifically but he feels less good at just WIPING the field like Vildred does. It probably helps that Vildred's wipe ability is triggered by his normal attack whereas Viv and Sez really get theirs from their cooldowns.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Just in general, I guess. I know he's a great farmer, but I'm not sure how much better he is when compared to Sez/Vivian since I've yet to use him (outside of the tutorial, of course).
Well comparing them in general Vivian has a useful utility skills over Vildred, does banshee/azimanak hunt just as good as Vildred. She can match dizzy speeds in pvp and her utility is good in pvp offense/defense and can cleave. Only area she is lacking compared to Vildred is farming.

I hate farming in general, so the faster I can do it the better, I would pull for him just for that alone if I did not have any of the other top farmers.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
He kills faster than Sez in my experience. Sez is better when you're targeting one red enemy specifically but he feels less good at just WIPING the field like Vildred does. It probably helps that Vildred's wipe ability is triggered by his normal attack whereas Viv and Sez really get theirs from their cooldowns.
Well comparing them in general Vivian has a useful utility skills over Vildred, does banshee/azimanak hunt just as good as Vildred. She can match dizzy speeds in pvp and her utility is good in pvp offense/defense and can cleave. Only area she is lacking compared to Vildred is farming.

I hate farming in general, so the faster I can do it the better, I would pull for him just for that alone if I did not have any of the other top farmers.
Thanks, I might go ahead and pity him then.

I have enough for two and a half pity pulls, but I am kind of worried that they're going to release a bunch of limited-time characters in quick succession (Diene/Luna, Halloween then Christmas, etc.), so I do want to be sure to pace myself correctly. That being said, Vildred does seem to be one of those genuinely useful characters, so I doubt I'll regret pulling for him (unless I manage A. Vildred, but considering I don't have a single 5* ML yet that's not likely).

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I only got him this banner Chrono but he's already my best farmer. He's 5* and 5 awakening with mediocre equipment and +5 on his S1 and S3 and he can easily walk a dog and two fodder in world difficulty stages.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
All this talk about Vildred being an awesome farmer and I have him lv50 staring at me as I got him recently as well. I had just dumped mola into Clarissa to be my farmer when I got mola back. >.<

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
All this talk about Vildred being an awesome farmer and I have him lv50 staring at me as I got him recently as well. I had just dumped mola into Clarissa to be my farmer when I got mola back. >.<

I'm still trying to level mine up to 50. It's taking so long, even despite the fact he's murdering things constantly. :|

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I'm still trying to level mine up to 50. It's taking so long, even despite the fact he's murdering things constantly. :|

Did you feed him penguins? I was running the boss stages of the recent event and I gave him the 1st year anniversary artefact that gives bonus exp for party. 5* do take longer than 4* it seems, even if they start at the same level my 4* hit 50 before my 5*.

The speed of farming definitely relates to both heroes used and gear you have. For me I think my gear lets me farm at reasonable speeds now. I need to swap some heroes if I'm off element but otherwise I can do the 30 stamina boss stage in the event pretty quickly. These aren't efficient for exp or event currency from my understanding but I don't have time to farm all day so I'd rather burn the stamina and get it over with. I can't usually grind late stages with 3 fodders for example. I'm not quite there yet.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Did you feed him penguins? I was running the boss stages of the recent event and I gave him the 1st year anniversary artefact that gives bonus exp for party. 5* do take longer than 4* it seems, even if they start at the same level my 4* hit 50 before my 5*.

The speed of farming definitely relates to both heroes used and gear you have. For me I think my gear lets me farm at reasonable speeds now. I need to swap some heroes if I'm off element but otherwise I can do the 30 stamina boss stage in the event pretty quickly. These aren't efficient for exp or event currency from my understanding but I don't have time to farm all day so I'd rather burn the stamina and get it over with. I can't usually grind late stages with 3 fodders for example. I'm not quite there yet.

I've fed him penguins, yeah. My main holdup is that I just don't have ENOUGH good gear to put together enough teams to support all these new units I'm pulling. I'm getting dangerously close to just feeding some of the 5* dupes I got into turning Martial Artist Ken into a 6* so I can use him as a damage leader instead of Sol, who's way better at single target fights but not as good at grinding as Vildred or ML Ken.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I might go ahead and pity him then.

I have enough for two and a half pity pulls, but I am kind of worried that they're going to release a bunch of limited-time characters in quick succession (Diene/Luna, Halloween then Christmas, etc.), so I do want to be sure to pace myself correctly. That being said, Vildred does seem to be one of those genuinely useful characters, so I doubt I'll regret pulling for him (unless I manage A. Vildred, but considering I don't have a single 5* ML yet that's not likely).

Not sure if you already did but Time Matter Vivian can absolutely work as a farmer. She'll still S3 which takes an extra turn but if you want to save for limited save.

Unless you like Vildred and his hot forearms then go for it.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I've fed him penguins, yeah. My main holdup is that I just don't have ENOUGH good gear to put together enough teams to support all these new units I'm pulling. I'm getting dangerously close to just feeding some of the 5* dupes I got into turning Martial Artist Ken into a 6* so I can use him as a damage leader instead of Sol, who's way better at single target fights but not as good at grinding as Vildred or ML Ken.

One of the major roadblocks I had early on was investing into too many heroes. I wanted to try them all and settle on some I liked. This was... fun but slow. Eventually I settled on just a few. I started with a full aiming at a team level 60 then moved onto replacing single members on that same team with another who can fill in certain roles or just perform better overall. I would pick heroes based on what element/role and gear I had.

It is better to have a core team, well geared and then move gear around when you need it for that one or two heroes. I'm also considering taking gear off Sol right now because he is absolutely more of single target and boss fighter. He makes my Golem runs so incredibly fast though...

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
One of the major roadblocks I had early on was investing into too many heroes. I wanted to try them all and settle on some I liked. This was... fun but slow. Eventually I settled on just a few. I started with a full aiming at a team level 60 then moved onto replacing single members on that same team with another who can fill in certain roles or just perform better overall. I would pick heroes based on what element/role and gear I had.

It is better to have a core team, well geared and then move gear around when you need it for that one or two heroes. I'm also considering taking gear off Sol right now because he is absolutely more of single target and boss fighter. He makes my Golem runs so incredibly fast though...

Sol is also my ONLY 6* right now, so I'm hesitant to mess with his gear too much. Right now, artifact-wise, I have a Dust Devil on Vildred. Tempted to switch that out for Daydream Joker, but maybe that's not as necessary for a sweeper like him.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if you already did but Time Matter Vivian can absolutely work as a farmer. She'll still S3 which takes an extra turn but if you want to save for limited save.

Unless you like Vildred and his hot forearms then go for it.
I actually just finished pulling, haha. It took me something like 80 pulls but at least I didn't have to reach pity. I don't care about his forearms or anything, but it does feel nice to finally have Sasuke, er I mean, Vildred.

Since I didn't need to reach pity, I have close to enough for two pities now, so I should be okay for the next few limited.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Sol is also my ONLY 6* right now, so I'm hesitant to mess with his gear too much. Right now, artifact-wise, I have a Dust Devil on Vildred. Tempted to switch that out for Daydream Joker, but maybe that's not as necessary for a sweeper like him.

Yeah, leveling heroes to try rather than wolves to build my team is definitely a trap I fell into. Getting my team to 6* helps smooth the process for everything else.

I remember you have a pretty good selection of heroes. Now it's just leveling and gearing the ones you want to first. Then the rest will fall in line as you go I think.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
This last Urgent mission for Lorina refuses to show up. I've decided to try changing up my team for abyss, I've been using A.Vildred, Tama, Sigret and Surin, but kinda hit a wall in Abyss with Sez healing for 15% of his max HP and getting an extra turn if he has a debuff active. Going to try a bit of a slow and steady approach to him next time, A.Vildred,Lorina,Tama and Angelica and just plug away at him with basic attacks.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Ahhhhh excited for Charles and Tywin to get exclusives. I use both so a little boost wouldn't be minded by me at all.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Charles getting new equipment makes no sense. He's already great. Why not buff the bad characters? Tywin is good too. Oh well.

In other news, can't wait for real time arena. What are all the Iseria Tam noobs gonna do then?!

Finally, I may have to walk back some of my DJ Basar hate. He's turning out to be quite useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.