• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
You're seriously missing the fucking point.

If it's something they can fix then they should fix it. The only reason I'm even complaining in the first place is because they created this problem - a problem that should have been solvable with tools that already exist instead of one SPECIFIC character (Vivian) and tools that do not yet exist (LIlias and ML Basar). It's skeevy and stupid and only makes me angrier when I see people succeeding because they just happened to have that one SPECIFIC character and get a free pass because of it.

All of these things combined to contribute to my utter distaste for the direction they keep going in. And until that direction changes you're not going to see any less from me.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
There's also a video of a Dingo + Tamarinne + blah blah blah clearing it. I don't think I need to explain to anyone why I disregard any and all clears involving Tamarinne...

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is the point of a game centered around character builds and gear experimentation if you have no content to build towards.

What is the point of a game centered around character builds and gear experimentation with crippling unequip costs and unrefundable and time gated skill up materials? If thats the point of the game then it actively works against it (and I agree that it is the point)

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
I mean a Tamnarine Rate up just happened. Did you not pull her?
I have her. I have no gear to put her in.

I mean, we haven't had a free unequip that I could use in the first place so even if I were to, say, strip my Destina for her... that's not gonna happen until then. And then I'd need to retool my Iseria to make her 11 speed faster... hah... joys of joys.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

I mean, we haven't had a free unequip that I could use in the first place so even if I were to, say, strip my Destina for her... that's not gonna happen until then. And then I'd need to retool my Iseria to make her 11 speed faster... hah... joys of joys.

What does Iseria have to do with anything? Tama doesn't need her for PVE. I would fast track your Tama. She helps in a ton of different areas.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
You see me running in arena all the bloody time and you're asking me what Iseria has to do with her?

Do you really think I'd build any unit strictly to use JUST for PvE?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Aw, kitty + vivian + cdom + tama almost cleared Nilgal. Got hit by unhealable at a bad time, and started losing units.

I think I can do better, though. It was mostly bad cooldown management on my part.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Name these "other units" that already do - oh wait these units don't exist, because you're pulling it out of your ass. There is no other unit that full cleanses while attacking like Lilias does. There is no other unit that both cleanses and applies 3-turn immunity like ML Basar does. Please stop lying to defend this shitty practice.

I should be allowed to use the cleansing and immunity casting units I already have. They should be able to work for content because they are literally made for this sort of thing. The fact that the only units that are capable of S-ranking are extremely specific and few in number is a sign that they are tryin

K. Clarissa cleanses.
Angelica provides Immunity.
Momo cleanses.
With her exclusive S3 Destina cleanses on the same turns Liliana.
Tama cleanses are provides the atk buff initially.
Achates cleanses.

.... actually, after seeing that you're getting A rank, I'm not even gonna continue.

Some people have better gear than you. Get over it. It's like dealing with an insufferable child.

In the video With Dingo + Tamma + Charles + C. Lorina the dude's Tamma is only 195 speed with 12k hp.

You don't want help or solutions, you just wanna rant. You'll make an excuse for whatever people come up with, so whatever, goodnight.

I don't want to regear anyone this week, that's my choice so I'm stuck with my rank. That's my choice & I'm cool with that.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I love the golf swing sound Carrot's S1 makes.
Whock :D
I've actually never turned on sound in this game, so I had no idea how any of the voices or effects sounded. I like that sound too.

How is Requiemroar at 6*? I found her fairly useful in late game at 5*, but eventually benched her because she was too squishy with that low base HP. I do really like her kit though, so I was wondering if I should give her another chance. I imagine something neat like a tank-speed build with Celestine could make her quite useful. If she can be tanky enough, she could bring a lot of utility in one package.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Whock :D
I've actually never turned on sound in this game, so I had no idea how any of the voices or effects sounded. I like that sound too.

How is Requiemroar at 6*? I found her fairly useful in late game at 5*, but eventually benched her because she was too squishy with that low base HP. I do really like her kit, though, so I was wondering if I should give her another chance. I imagine something neat like a tank-speed build with Celestine could make her quite useful. If she can be tanky enough, she could bring a lot of utility in one package.
You should. At least to hear everyone's voice lines and sounds once. LISTEN TO...MY SONG!

ReqRoar is a very very solid unit. The best? No. But she won't have elemental disadvantage for PVE so that helps. I wouldn't use her as a tank, but more like a bruiser. It's unfortunate that 3* get such low stats compared to 5*. Means their tanking ability is limited, except in cases where you don't NEED a tank (you outscale the content, the boss does AOE, etc).

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
17.000.000 gold and 3.5k SS refresh netted me around 350 covenant bookmarks and 30 mystic pulls.
70 pulls to go, 7 days remaining.
this is a RIP for me, but i'll keep farming more gold and try my luck but it's really RIP I can't get to pity due to the lack of time.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
What is the point of a game centered around character builds and gear experimentation with crippling unequip costs and unrefundable and time gated skill up materials? If thats the point of the game then it actively works against it (and I agree that it is the point)

Yeah, I got off track, but that is the point. Let's fix the real issue and not nerf content and ruin another game mode!

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
AzlszEZ.png

Useful thanks, able to do the whole Devourer route but will need to bring in Sol to do the other route. Decided to run a Hell Raid tonight on Pelicano and ChopChop's pestering. I forgot how broken Lidica is in PvE lol. Auto'd with Lidica/Dizzy/Montmo/Luna and it was easy but it did take forevvvvver.

Last edited:

Mio

Oct 16, 2018
I cleared the trial on SS and then SSS on first try using Achates (she really makes this fight trivial).

I don't have a leveled and geared Charles so I dpsed with Cermia. With Charles it would have been a LOT better and easier!!!

I used Vivian for the attack buff + immunity (since Achates doesn't provide an attack buff), but Achates + Magahara I feel you don't even need immunity at all.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have plenty of units built that are literally PVE only. It isn't as ludicrous as it sounds if you're someone who plays the game way harder than anyone else and therefore deserves SSS and 25 or whatever wisdom thingies.

For the record, I just auto and stick with A-S, cuz who cares.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
You're seriously missing the fucking point.

If it's something they can fix then they should fix it. The only reason I'm even complaining in the first place is because they created this problem - a problem that should have been solvable with tools that already exist instead of one SPECIFIC character (Vivian) and tools that do not yet exist (LIlias and ML Basar). It's skeevy and stupid and only makes me angrier when I see people succeeding because they just happened to have that one SPECIFIC character and get a free pass because of it.

All of these things combined to contribute to my utter distaste for the direction they keep going in. And until that direction changes you're not going to see any less from me.
Could always stop playing

tenor.gif

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
They should let you bring a support unit into the trials. At least this would encourage cooperation and people can work around some of the hero specific mechanics.

I think the game can improve in a lot of ways when it comes to content, balance and challenges.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I call BS on whoever said Dizzy plus Lidica made Hell Karakanis EZ Mode.

I still cannot beat any boss in Hell Raid.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest

Is that the left side boss? That is the only one I can beat consistently. The trick is the same as regular raid, immunity against speed debuffs for when the two mobs die and the boss gets a turn. Then damage the boss. Dizzy S3 with decent effectiveness to speed debuffs the boss and respawned mobs. I use Luna S3 to def break, Dizzy can S2 and cr push all three of them and extend debuffs her S1 can stun and shutdown the mobs as well.
I use Ravi who has some sustain and aoe stun +cr reset. She can also do great burst damage on soul burn.

I think stats/gear is the difference once you have heroes in place to push/heal/debuffs/dps. I imagine Dizzy + Lidica strategy needs them to be pretty fast to lock down the boss and keep pushing.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017

For Karkanis you'll really want a cleanser + immunity. I run two healers on the right side whereas I do 3 damage dealers on the left with Tamarrine. Mainly you don't want to touch him at all if you have a debuff which can be very dificult to do if you're doing a lot of AoE damage. The boss has a guaranteed counter attack against debuffed enemies along with evasion chance. Those counterattacks can do some outrageous damage. The 2 goons that it has strip and apply debuffs so it's important to stay on top of things.

Definitely bring two healers (I use Montmorancy and Tamarrine) and don't touch the boss when you're affected by debuffs whatsoever. If you can manage that it'll go down eventually.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Very tempted with Lilias, sitting on 232 bookmarks at the moment, I might end up waiting til a day or 2 before her banner finishes and see if there's a limited banner afterwards in the patch notes.

Got lucky with that set of shop refreshes, 257 bookmarks now from 70 Skystones.

Last edited:

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
no rest at all, another event, the grind continues.

I can pity for Lilias but I hope it does not come to it.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh that GW went awful, never done so poorly.

First match was A.Vildred/Violet/Vildred comp. went in with J Kise cleave which was set up perfectly by Basar and Baiken but I FORGOT TO SOULBURN. A. Vildred just wipes me.

Second team was Dizzy/Diene/Baiken which is pretty straight forward. Went in with Montmo/A. Ravi/Vivian. Dizzy goes first, I heal and cleanse and then put up immunity with Vivian. Baiken goes next and wipes my Montmo with an S2->S3 with zero bleeds, wtf. 15k hp and 1400 def.

Completely decimated after first match, went 0-1-2 instead of 2-0-1 had I not forgotten to soulburn.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I will pull for Lilias , but with my luck on the recent banners , I'm already waiting for the pity punch on the face lol

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Ugh that GW went awful, never done so poorly.

First match was A.Vildred/Violet/Vildred comp. went in with J Kise cleave which was set up perfectly by Basar and Baiken but I FORGOT TO SOULBURN. A. Vildred just wipes me.

Second team was Dizzy/Diene/Baiken which is pretty straight forward. Went in with Montmo/A. Ravi/Vivian. Dizzy goes first, I heal and cleanse and then put up immunity with Vivian. Baiken goes next and wipes my Montmo with an S2->S3 with zero bleeds, wtf. 15k hp and 1400 def.

Completely decimated after first match, went 0-1-2 instead of 2-0-1 had I not forgotten to soulburn.

I'm terrified now. I'm at work so can't attack yet.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get S on Nilgal with the easily attainable f2p-friendly team of Tamarinne, C.Armin, Kitty Clarissa and ML Ken. Was pretty much all about Ken dual attacks, mine is +15 so his proc chance on attack down is decent. Also landed some 50k counters in the last phase. Felt fairly stable, he didn't hit enrage but he might have if he hadn't crit Ken a few times.

Might stick with this team since Armin isn't even 60 yet, and both her + Tamarinne had placeholder gear. Was counting on free unequip today so I'll be taking advantage of that for sure.

Lilias would fit perfectly in Armin's place though. Felt like her immunity was doing nothing but giving me more poison stacks when the boss used his ultimate. Tamarinne is OP as hell but this feels like one of the first fights they designed to counter her - what a shock, right after they re-ran her. Either way, she is so broken it doesn't matter, and the dual attacks were integral to my plan. Might try Achates instead as a test though.

If you're talking about me, I meant Arakahan (left side boss). Hell Karkanis is a piece of shit no matter what you do. But I have beaten him with those two, just have to be careful not to S3 with Dizzy when she's debuffed.

Last edited:

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I've said it before but I think they should just have unequip events each weekend (or every other weekend). It prevents you from just swapping gear during guild wars for free, but gives us way more room to experiment, especially with the weekly Halls challenges.

I will definitely be pulling for Lilias. I just think she looks so damn cool. She might actually be my favourite looking character in E7 so far. And seeing as Achates will never join me I need a unit that can completely cleanse.
I should be allowed to use the cleansing and immunity casting units I already have. They should be able to work for content because they are literally made for this sort of thing. The fact that the only units that are capable of S-ranking are extremely specific and few in number is a sign that they are trying too damn hard to incentivize pulls.
Yep you're 100% right.

We all have to drop $400 on Lilias in 24-28 hours time and raise her up ASAP so we can get 21 Wisdom Gaze's per run instead of 20. Then if we're lucky enough next month we can drop another $600 on Mystic packs and pull ML Basar and get 23 Widom Gaze's per run. Maybe I'll buy all the mystic packs for September as well to give myself more of a chance.

A sound investment but I loathe Smilegate for making me pull for her tomorrow and ML Basar in a couple weeks time.

But that's what it takes to get S rank and I don't want to be a A rank peasant. People need to see the big picture and realize that 21 per run compared to 20 is massive! That's like an extra exclusive equipment every 13 and a bit weeks, well worth maxing out my credit card and a massive advantage for me.
I'm just quoting Laiza's post because that's the part you quoted, but I don't see how she's wrong in what she's said in the part quoted. In this specific argument it's less about what we gain from the content and more about the content being legitimately challenging as opposed to artificially challenging. Again, I haven't tried this new one yet, I usually do my trials runs on the weekend, but having mechanics that punish the player for playing the game is not something that I think is good game design, and from the sounds of it that's what this trial does unless you have a few select units.

Not trying to spark any arguments, I just think she has a valid point here.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's very hard to tune something to be "very challenging" for every possible team comp, especially in a gacha, without it getting to unfair territory. The next best way to tune something, to force people to pull/not use the same team comps for everything, is to force specific strategies, which do require specific units (ie fairly quick mass cleanse / immunity buffs, for this week). Generically challenging isn't really a thing in these kinds of games. So the goal for you as the player is to build up as many units as possible.

This week specifically, Achates, Momo, Destina, Angelica, Tama, Vivian, C. Armin, Violet, Crescent Moon Rin, Kitty Clarissa, and Artis like Vial can all work. I'm sure I'm forgetting some as well.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
We knew that today's GW will be a doozy. We had a bunch of wins in a row that meant we'd be matched up with some crazy guild sooner or later. Today seems to be the day.

I have one attack left, but I've lost a few key units so I don't think I can do better than a draw. I also still have no answer to Avild, so I'll leave that to someone else.

Right side boss is a lot easier with Dizzy because he doesn't hit that hard during final phase if he's debuffed, but there are a bunch of mechanics that you need to very carefully sidestep, because messing up can often lead to a wipe.
  • Do not attack the boss with a unit that has a debuff. If your unit is debuffed, waste that unit's turn by attacking one of the adds instead of the boss. Treat a debuff as a "miss your turn" sort of thing.
  • Try to apply and maintain Dizzy's s3 debuff throughout the fight. Fire it off as soon as you can, and then try to maintain it with her s2 whenever available. If she is debuffed and it's her turn, use her s3 because it misses anyway. If her s3 isn't available, pop Arky to avoid hitting the boss.
  • Save a party immunity skill, and watch the red bar under the adds. When the bar reaches full and the R lights up, pop a party immunity skill like Angie s3 or momo soulburn s3. That will prevent the add AoEs from debuffing your whole party.
  • A cleansing artifact like Potion Vial is super useful in this fight.
  • Try to have a bunch of soul bar available for when the boss goes below 40%, because once that happens, it's a dps race. Try to make sure Dizzy debuffs are up before you enter that phase, and preferably defense break too. Then use soulburn and hit the boss as hard as you can before he kills you.
Left side boss isn't as bad in general. Hit the adds if the boss' skill bar is full (because that's when it takes nearly no damage), and burn the boss whenever that bar isn't full. When the adds die, pop buffs and shields on yourself before the boss casts its AoE, because you won't be able to buff again once the adds come back. Pop Arky during the later add phases to help burn them down fast.

Last edited:

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also yeah for right Side Boss (Karkanis) my team is Momo(or Angelica) Diene with Vial, Luna, and Dizzy. Its honestly very easy and you get enough Morale to do an additional 2 mini bosses.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
It's very hard to tune something to be "very challenging" for every possible team comp, especially in a gacha, without it getting to unfair territory. The next best way to tune something, to force people to pull/not use the same team comps for everything, is to force specific strategies, which do require specific units (ie fairly quick mass cleanse / immunity buffs, for this week). Generically challenging isn't really a thing in these kinds of games. So the goal for you as the player is to build up as many units as possible.

This week specifically, Achates, Momo, Destina, Angelica, Tama, Vivian, C. Armin, Violet, Crescent Moon Rin, Kitty Clarissa, and Artis like Vial can all work. I'm sure I'm forgetting some as well.
The bolded part wasn't what was said though. You mentioned about 10 units that could be used which is a healthy amount. But other posts have mentioned that there's like 2 or something, which is why I wrote "a few select units". That is not good game design even in a gacha game.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Simplified the fight is Nilgal and two invincible watchers. The watchers gain some CR at the end of your units turn(? %) and additional whenever you use a non-attack skill(20%), they apply poisons when it's their turn. You do less damage when debuffed and Nilgal gains some CR if hit by a unit that's debuffed. Nilgal's ult strips buffs, applys unhealable, and gives a poison stack for each buff stripped.

So the watchers penalize fast units, most(all?) existing cleanse/immunity skills, and the fight is poisons galore so Lilias giving you a cleanse that doesn't proc the additional CR on top of other knight/kit benefits is absolutely strong for the fight. However the existing cleansers are still usable/ necessary, immunity is still strong; they're not sidelined.

animus82

Nov 1, 2017
Can some of you guys with high defense rates (+10%) help me out? I know I can't stop Tamasaria but maybe I can beat some cleave teams.

Just post what you use for defense. My Counter Charles, Abyssal Dizzy, Mark of Valor Sealona and momo aren't cutting it in mid champion.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Got Lilias in 60 pulls I wont chase the artifact.

Kind Of tempted to spend the rest of the 61 pulls on the regular covenant.

Last edited:

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
3 pulls lmao.
I was ready to pity pull
Edit: got greedy. 50 pulls and no artifact. Back to saving

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.