• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
EpicEra! Let us remember this GW as our most lopsided win in history...we will most likely be smoted come Wednesday but let us rejoice for now!!

EFNRW4bXsAAJLo_

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I like that there's some challenging content, I just don't think it being Halls of Trials is the best idea.
Since then I've started tapping the numbers floating over their heads. Seems much more reliable. The thing that really gets me salty though is trying to pause and forfeit during an arena/gw match and clicking one of the other half dozen icons in the top right.
Literally all of this. Using the numbers is so much easier. And when I'm in a guild war and I know I'm at risk of someone dying (and I'll lose as a result of it) I have to practice hitting pause in advance because it's so easy to hit one of the other buttons.
Is there a cool down to how often you can be attacked? I expected people to be dunking on me hard but so far only one person took my bait :)
Guilds usually coordinate their attacks, so if they're not making a collective attack on whichever fortress you're in you won't get attacked much. If they are and you're still not getting attacked then it probably means there's something deceptive on your team. There's not many heroes that have flexible gameplans on defence, so most of the time you'll see something and have an idea of how it's built. In reality your gear may be trash and they may be uninvested, but there's no way for a player to know that through team preview.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Damn got Violet from the daily login ticket, it's good to get a 5* but it could be someone else, should be glad it's not a dupe though

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
It's OK to have challenging content that people can't figure out and beat day one. Jfc. We haven't had challenging content since AT was released and the whiners had it nerfed within a month and now the mode is entirely ruined. Don't do the same with Trials or all you'll have left is PvP.

I can't beat all the Abyssal content in FEH or Annihilation content in PAD and I don't scream bullshit. I built teams that don't fit those challenges and need to build new ones to tackle it overtime.

Trials is fine being difficult, you can still log in get your D rank and your two pulls on exclusive equipment if you want to no effort it.

What is the point of a game centered around character builds and gear experimentation if you have no content to build towards.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Don't even know what I need to put on defense anymore, nothing seems to hold up post-ML exchange. C.Armin is almost done, maybe I need her to scare off the unending tama/iseria horde. But I need free unequip to set her and ML Ceci up.

New trial looks like it was made to force you to roll the new hero. Big shock. Dunno if I'll be able to get her up and running in time for this week though. Regardless, I like her design and she will pair very nicely with some of my characters, so I'll definitely be rolling/building when I can.

edit: ML Basar looks like he'll be super good for it too. Dunno if I'll be able to roll him in time though, I'll absolutely hit pity before the end of the month, but I don't have the gold to spend on oodles of mystics.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
*grumbles
I got Leo, every 4-5* ticket I got has been a 4*.

I agree I hate when pve content get nerfed it takes away any fun beating it, however I do think bosses/adds should have cool downs on their ability/buff or a way to remove their ability/buff, I think it arbitrarily punishes players for not having the right heroes or too poor to switch gear around to deal with bosses that have buffs/skills they can spam.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, unfortunately the equip costs halt this so much.

We get enough unequip events that I don't think that's really an excuse anymore. That and if you really want to get the exclusive equipment it's not a huge ask for people to have a wide array of units to use for it and if they don't to spend 250k to set one up. People have large enough rosters at this point and if they've built them all the same that's on them.

I did just that with Alexa when there was the poison debuff multiplier.

Gold has been coming out the ass lately too, people just don't use it wisely. I was able to save nearly 40m gold in 28 days last month.

h0tp0ck3t

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well I just pulled Vivian in the free summon. This is after spending on her banner cause I was in dire need of a good earth unit. Lesson learned, don't whale non limited units :(

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Trials is fine being difficult, you can still log in get your D rank and your two pulls on exclusive equipment if you want to no effort it.
The reason I don't like it is there's enough frustration around the randomness of the rewards. Making what is somewhat farming content annoyingly difficult too just adds to the frustration. For reference I haven't tried the new one, just sharing my experience after constantly getting a non S3 Rose exclusive. Yes there's steeple, but needing epic gear to pick the skill really didn't solve the issue I had. You have a 1/3 chance of getting the skill you want, let us pick with 3 fodders (or at least 3 fodders of the same exclusive). I don't think an epic stat roll is always important (for instance my Yufine has no effectiveness, so I didn't care about the roll). Personally if it was a set reward, rather than a currency that is then used to play the lotto, I would be more ok with it being challenging. Equally the currency could be used for a shop.

In short f the randomness of these exclusives lol.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
The reason I don't like it is there's enough frustration around the randomness of the rewards. Making what is somewhat farming content annoyingly difficult too just adds to the frustration. For reference I haven't tried the new one, just sharing my experience after constantly getting a non S3 Rose exclusive. Yes there's steeple, but needing epic gear to pick the skill really didn't solve the issue I had. You have a 1/3 chance of getting the skill you want, let us pick with 3 fodders (or at least 3 fodders of the same exclusive). I don't think an epic stat roll is always important (for instance my Yufine has no effectiveness, so I didn't care about the roll). Personally if it was a set reward, rather than a currency that is then used to play the lotto, I would be more ok with it being challenging. Equally the currency could be used for a shop.

In short f the randomness of these exclusives lol.

100% agree. I think people bash challenging content because the rewards aren't appropriate. That doesn't mean the content should be nerfed, which is what happened to AT, when really the rewards just need to be adjusted. We now have a useless mode because people complained it was too hard and SmileGate nerfed it instead of keeping it difficult but adjusting the rewards. Nobody would give a shit if they couldn't beat AT 100 if the best reward wasn't tied to clearing the last floor. Make 97, 98, and 99 also have good rewards so you don't feel like you've been slapped in the face for putting in the effort to clear those just to get stonewalled at 100.

Hell remove the rewards. I didn't try and beat Chain Challenge 10&11 on Lunatic in FEH for 3 months because I wanted 4 fucking orbs, I did it for the challenge. People don't bash their heads against the wall in Abyssal content because they just tie skins/accessories to that type of content because they know not everyone can beat it. So if you beat it cool, here's a badge of proof you can show off, if you can't then you don't fall any further behind.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
We get enough unequip events that I don't think that's really an excuse anymore. That and if you really want to get the exclusive equipment it's not a huge ask for people to have a wide array of units to use for it and if they don't to spend 250k to set one up. People have large enough rosters at this point and if they've built them all the same that's on them.

I did just that with Alexa when there was the poison debuff multiplier.

Gold has been coming out the ass lately too, people just don't use it wisely. I was able to save nearly 40m gold in 28 days last month.

This has never made sense to me. I assume everyone who says gold income vs gold sinks is fine just got insanely lucky with gear rolls.

If you want to actually level the gear you get, simply relying on charms from Huche etc will never, ever be close to enough. But if you grind adventure for fodder you bleed gold fast. But there is NO OTHER WAY to churn through the amount of gear required to keep up with current content and arena. Even as much as I play this game, which is pretty much nonstop, I've always felt like I'm behind based on challenge PVE progress and other users' gear posts. If I'm this far behind even burning every gold and leaf I get, how much worse would it be if I was hoarding?

And no, the unequip events aren't enough. If it was every weekend maybe. I have almost 40 6* now it's getting absurd trying to optimize this shit during a 3 day window once or twice a month.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Just remove the RNG from combat, like god damn.

Enemies should always attack the front most party member, and have their abilities target specific units (lowest HP, top slot, Soul Weaver, etc) or AoE. This 15% resist garbage needs to go away.

Like, god damn, if we could remove the RNG from combat it would make the game so much easier to balance. Nothing like having a good strategy only to have the boss target your archer twice in a row causing you to restart a 10 minute fight because the boss just felt like it. Nothing like losing a fight because your Attack Down got resisted twice in a row. The RNG in combat needs to go. The game is structured like an MMO, yet has none of the combat management tools of an MMO.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Equip fees are so stupid considering it costs millions to upgrade

Yeah it's stupid, but I can see why it was done otherwise you'll just swap your gear around for every fight.... just swaping your max speed gear between aux lots, iseria and basar at will..... this fight is good for jugs, this one for arby etc... oh I can Cermia Aux Lots & Lots this fight and one shot two people from the start *equip nuker gear on Cermia*...... heck people already do that with the current costs for top ranking guild wars.... skyking vs ydbc the other day as an example.

Would be nice if they toned the costs a little bit though, enough gold sinks in the game now compared to when it started.

And does anyone else always go broke during unequip events?

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
This has never made sense to me. I assume everyone who says gold income vs gold sinks is fine just got insanely lucky with gear rolls.

If you want to actually level the gear you get, simply relying on charms from Huche etc will never, ever be close to enough. But if you grind adventure for fodder you bleed gold fast. But there is NO OTHER WAY to churn through the amount of gear required to keep up with current content and arena. Even as much as I play this game, which is pretty much nonstop, I've always felt like I'm behind based on challenge PVE progress and other users' gear posts. If I'm this far behind even burning every gold and leaf I get, how much worse would it be if I was hoarding?

And no, the unequip events aren't enough. If it was every weekend maybe. I have almost 40 6* now it's getting absurd trying to optimize this shit during a 3 day window once or twice a month.

My comment was in the context of not having gold to re-equip a unit once a week for a challenge. Not to equip/re-balance 40 units, which seems excessive, but yes that is unrealistic given the amount of gold we get. You yourself have admitted several times in this thread that you spread yourself too thin, which IMO falls under the category of not spending gold wisely.

Could we get more gold or remove costs entirely? Sure that would be much better, I'm never arguing against that. I'm arguing against nerfing content instead of fixing the root issues which is what happened with AT and ruined it.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely in favor of either nerfing or removing equip costs, and also running free equip events more often. Every weekend would be nice. I understand not wanting to encourage everyone to spend hours re-equipping gear for every single fight, but the costs are prohibitively high right now.

Nilgal is super annoying. I'll have to figure out how to do it, or just no-effort it and take my low scores. I'm pretty tired of the stupid exclusive gear roll RNG too.

I'm going to spend the next while just brushing up my core units. I have so many units I want to build, but there's no way I have the resources to gear them properly, so I'll just leave them alone for now. Most of my main units still have a few pieces of bad gear, so I think I should fix that first.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely in favor of either nerfing or removing equip costs, and also running free equip events more often. Every weekend would be nice. I understand not wanting to encourage everyone to spend hours re-equipping gear for every single fight, but the costs are prohibitively high right now.

Nilgal is super annoying. I'll have to figure out how to do it, or just no-effort it and take my low scores. I'm pretty tired of the stupid exclusive gear roll RNG too.

I'm going to spend the next while just brushing up my core units. I have so many units I want to build, but there's no way I have the resources to gear them properly, so I'll just leave them alone for now. Most of my main units still have a few pieces of bad gear, so I think I should fix that first.

Did you ever pull for Vivian? If not you can probably use C.Armin/Tama an Atk Down unit and a DPS to get through the first two phases but you might struggle to do enough damage in the stun phases for A rank.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Did you ever pull for Vivian? If not you can probably use C.Armin/Tama an Atk Down unit and a DPS to get through the first two phases but you might struggle to do enough damage in the stun phases for A rank.
I have Vivian, but she's 50 and wearing ultra budget gear. I pretty much only use her for Banshee lol. She would definitely be useful here, though. The fight seems to smother you with status effects, so it would help to stuff as many cleanses+immunities in your team as possible.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I have Vivian, but she's 50 and wearing ultra budget gear. I pretty much only use her for Banshee lol. She would definitely be useful here, though. The fight seems to smother you with status effects, so it would help to stuff as many cleanses+immunities in your team as possible.

My Vivian is wearing a bunch of sloppy seconds but puts in work in almost all modes for me. Next unequip event I plan on stripping some other units down to get her built up better. She's such a fantastic unit that can be used to set up cleaves, provide immunity, or just do crazy damage herself once she gets her Greater Attack buff up on herself. I was hitting Nilgal for 140k per attack in the stun phase.

17WHV73.jpg

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
100% agree. I think people bash challenging content because the rewards aren't appropriate. That doesn't mean the content should be nerfed, which is what happened to AT, when really the rewards just need to be adjusted. We now have a useless mode because people complained it was too hard and SmileGate nerfed it instead of keeping it difficult but adjusting the rewards. Nobody would give a shit if they couldn't beat AT 100 if the best reward wasn't tied to clearing the last floor. Make 97, 98, and 99 also have good rewards so you don't feel like you've been slapped in the face for putting in the effort to clear those just to get stonewalled at 100.

Hell remove the rewards. I didn't try and beat Chain Challenge 10&11 on Lunatic in FEH for 3 months because I wanted 4 fucking orbs, I did it for the challenge. People don't bash their heads against the wall in Abyssal content because they just tie skins/accessories to that type of content because they know not everyone can beat it. So if you beat it cool, here's a badge of proof you can show off, if you can't then you don't fall any further behind.

Ultra whales had issues clearing the original AT 100. That shit needed to be nerfed. They just swung a bit too hard with that bat.

Nigel shouldn't be nerfed but there is still nothing wrong with calling it out as BS hard.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Ultra whales had issues clearing the original AT 100. That shit needed to be nerfed. They just swung a bit too hard with that bat.

Nigel shouldn't be nerfed but there is still nothing wrong with calling it out as BS hard.

My issue with AT was purely that it was only available for a month. I think if they made floors 90-100 from that first month and put them as Abyss floors it'd be great content to strive towards. Towards the end of the month, pre-nerf, people were getting creative with builds that didn't require D.Corvus or Iseria/Tama it just took a while.

So yeah maybe a bit easier because you don't have literally forever to tackle the content or they could have kept the difficulty but allowed people to apply stigma to those floors but then maybe disqualify them from the leader-board or something. Instead they nerfed and allowed stigma to be applied. As is now, I basically auto-battle the whole tower with no stigma applied.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Neki told me not to buy this (it was a secret shop item).

Screenshot_20190924-022755.jpg

Screenshot_20190924-025723.jpg

It's OK to have challenging content that people can't figure out and beat day one. Jfc. We haven't had challenging content since AT was released and the whiners had it nerfed within a month and now the mode is entirely ruined. Don't do the same with Trials or all you'll have left is PvP.

I can't beat all the Abyssal content in FEH or Annihilation content in PAD and I don't scream bullshit. I built teams that don't fit those challenges and need to build new ones to tackle it overtime.

What is the point of a game centered around character builds and gear experimentation if you have no content to build towards.
Okay, but this content is extremely transparently designed to encourage you to roll for the new characters (Lilias and ML Basar). I don't know about you, but I find that incredibly scummy and cannot support the practice, especially when it already takes an ungodly amount of stamina to farm catalysts and gear to raise new characters.

It's also another example of the "punish the player for doing LITERALLY ANYTHING" style of PvE content design which is never fun. You get punished for using non-attack skills, you get punished for relying on buffs, you get punished for moving fast because the adds get +CR every time someone moves... it's absurd and super-obnoxious and I just don't want to deal with that kind of crap. Give me content that requires tons of cleansing and/or immunity, sure, that's fine, now stop punishing me for having immunity which is actually practically required, or stop punishing me for having characters that move fast in the team, so I at least have some room for creative team building instead of being stuck waiting for your stupid required character to show up on banner that I'm forced to roll for if I ever want to get a higher than A-rank score (note: the other required character, Vivian, I don't even have and will never have so whatever).

Scumfuck Smilegate continues to be scumfuck. Big surprise, I know.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Okay, but this content is extremely transparently designed to encourage you to roll for the new characters (Lilias and ML Basar). I don't know about you, but I find that incredibly scummy and cannot support the practice, especially when it already takes an ungodly amount of stamina to farm catalysts and gear to raise new characters.

There are a number of characters in the game that already do what Lilias & ML Basar. You not wanting to pull for or own Vivian is your own problem.

And God forbid a game that makes it's revenue from enticing people to pull for units...entice people to pull for units.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
My comment was in the context of not having gold to re-equip a unit once a week for a challenge. Not to equip/re-balance 40 units, which seems excessive, but yes that is unrealistic given the amount of gold we get. You yourself have admitted several times in this thread that you spread yourself too thin, which IMO falls under the category of not spending gold wisely.

Could we get more gold or remove costs entirely? Sure that would be much better, I'm never arguing against that. I'm arguing against nerfing content instead of fixing the root issues which is what happened with AT and ruined it.

what does my usage of molagoras have to do with spending gold...?

Whether I was gearing up 4 characters or 40 the process of gear upgrades would be the same. Old stuff gets swapped out for better stuff, and I give the hand-me-downs to my B-listers. I think with how much it costs to max out 85-88 gear, it doesn't justify the insane 50k gold cost to remove it. I'm also burning through gold a bit faster leveling artifacts now too, since I'm at the point where I know which ones need to be taken to +30.

Just engaging with the system is more than enough of a drain on resources. Not only that, I think we need gear loadouts that can be quickly swapped around. The whole gear system just doesn't feel designed for someone with a roster like mine and it's becoming an unmanageable mess. It's easy to dismiss me and say it's crazy to have that many 6*, but I mean...if you keep playing, it'll happen to you.

As for how the fuck y'all can have gear on par with mine and still be swimming in gold, no idea. Only way for me to save gold would be to stop progression and I'm obviously not doing that.

animus82

Nov 1, 2017

I agree. Trials is fine being difficult. I just feel the rewards are lackluster. Like I don't care if I only get 14% eff resist when the max is 16% eff resist on the wep.

Getting Rank S instead of SSS doesn't bother me either.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Great thread that succinctly explains why I really hate Dizzy on every conceivable level: https://www.reddit.com/r/EpicSeven/..._is_so_overpowered_shes_ruining_the_game_for/

I'm just gonna quote these especially pertinent sections:
Another argument for why dizzy is killing other units is that she is so much better than anyone else, why would you use them?

Need a debuffer? Dizzy. Need cr control? Dizzy. Need CC? Dizzy. Need a cleanser? Dizzy + violin? Need bullshit rng? Dizzy + Abyssal crown. Need a first turn unit to set up your team? Dizzy + speed. Need a high HP counter-attacker? Dizzy+ counterattack.

The problem isn't just that she does everything, but that she does everything BETTER than everyone, or, if she doesn't, she does so much extra it's not worth using them.

The only thing she doesn't do is good damage(and that's because nobody builds her for damage, her multipliers are actually pretty good). And this is just mentioning her pvp utility, I don't want to get started on the number of units she replaced for PVE. Remember Lidica? Me neither.
You're missing the point. The problem OP is pointing out is not that Dizzy is unbeatable. She's absolutely beatable... with units that seem like they were made or buffed specifically with her in mind. The problem is, paradoxically enough, that Dizzy isn't a problem. Dizzy is way stronger than any other unit in her over-wide niche. Her S3 destroys offense, her S2 pushes back CR, her S1 even has a chance to stun, she's fast, you can put a lot of stupid arts on her, etc.

Dizzy is that powerful and can be dealt with using the units they've been releasing or buffing or some of the more powerful units in the game's history. What does that say for any other debuff oriented unit that isn't as good as Dizzy? One that can't nullify offense with one attack? One that can't push the enemy team back so you can kill their cleanser before they go off? One that can't keep stunning the enemy once you managed to deal with her problematic S3 and get a turn after her annoying S2?

The Dizzy Tax isn't just a tax on people that want to run in Arena. The Dizzy Tax has a ton of collateral damage in the form of other units being basically unplayable because they don't have as many powerful abilities in such a stacked kit with surprisingly low CDs. You can deal with Dizzy/SSB just fine, okay. Between Dizzy/SSB fights, how often do you see other debuff oriented units? When you do run into them, how difficult are they to deal with? My guess is probably "rarely" and "easy".
Dizzy is really just Bad Game Design personified at this point. Just awful all-around.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are a number of characters in the game that already do what Lilias & ML Basar. You not wanting to pull for or own Vivian is your own problem.

And God forbid a game that makes it's revenue from enticing people to pull for units...entice people to pull for units.
Yeah that's bullshit, there needs to be more than ONE SPECIFIC UNIT to use for these things or you're just forcing peoples' hands for shit that they don't want. I don't know about you, but I play these games at least in part because I want to build my own unique roster and not because I want to attempt to megawhale for 100% roster completion (which would be impossible with how ML units work currently but, y'know).

Name these "other units" that already do - oh wait these units don't exist, because you're pulling it out of your ass. There is no other unit that full cleanses while attacking like Lilias does. There is no other unit that both cleanses and applies 3-turn immunity like ML Basar does. Please stop lying to defend this shitty practice.

I should be allowed to use the cleansing and immunity casting units I already have. They should be able to work for content because they are literally made for this sort of thing. The fact that the only units that are capable of S-ranking are extremely specific and few in number is a sign that they are trying too damn hard to incentivize pulls.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
what does my usage of molagoras have to do with spending gold...?

Whether I was gearing up 4 characters or 40 the process of gear upgrades would be the same. Old stuff gets swapped out for better stuff, and I give the hand-me-downs to my B-listers. I think with how much it costs to max out 85-88 gear, it doesn't justify the insane 50k gold cost to remove it. I'm also burning through gold a bit faster leveling artifacts now too, since I'm at the point where I know which ones need to be taken to +30.

Just engaging with the system is more than enough of a drain on resources. Not only that, I think we need gear loadouts that can be quickly swapped around. The whole gear system just doesn't feel designed for someone with a roster like mine and it's becoming an unmanageable mess. It's easy to dismiss me and say it's crazy to have that many 6*, but I mean...if you keep playing, it'll happen to you.

As for how the fuck y'all can have gear on par with mine and still be swimming in gold, no idea. Only way for me to save gold would be to stop progression and I'm obviously not doing that.

Sorry, I thought you expressed that you are spreading yourself thin on gear quite often in this thread but I may be mis-remembering.

100% agree on gear loadouts, I'd love to have a Dizzy PvP set and a Dizzy PvE set, but there would need to be some restrictions so it wasn't abused in GW. My only comment on the above would be is leveling an artifact to 30 absolutely necessary? I only have one and it's Tag because that has an immediate benefit as an opener for Basar. It's not like I need Daydream Joker to be 30 to beat PvE content or the extra % damage from Portrait going from 27 to 30 in PvP.

Geared really well: Seallona, A. Ravi, Dizzy, Angelica, Montmo, Luna, Lidica, J.Kise, Baiken, Sol, Basar, Roozid (5*)
Geared just good enough (i.e. to do hunts): Cermia, Iseria, Tama, Vivian
Benched: Chaos Sect, Lilibet

But what are you still progressing through? There is nothing to progress through anymore. I cleared all the PvE content back when Dizzy was released. So I've been working on PvP and that's really just hunting for speed gear so that severely limits what I'm looking to upgrade. I trash mostly everything. It's why At getting nerfed was a bummer, I wasn't chasing anything anymore.

I have last month's experiment to point back to. Again I saved ~40m in a month with barely going down in leif count and completely halted all gear related activities. I still leveled fodder, bought charms, etc. Since then I've crafted all the accessories I can and leveled up the good ones which left me with ~22m. I then splurged in the SS for bookmarks to the tune of another ~10m and have leveled all the S3 gear (minus the boots), maxed Tag, and hunted for some speed gear (probably bought 7-8 pieces to +15). I'm at 6 million with nothing left I want to upgrade and going back into hoarding mode.

I learned 2 things. 1) There's no reason to craft gear right now besides to slowly increase power on characters that don't need it because I can hit Champion and 3 man auto all the hunts but Az. Hell Raid PvE is a breeze that I don't bother with. 2) I was upgrading A LOT of bad gear. Seeing a months worth of hunt drops/crafted gear stacked up made me realize how many bad pieces I was upgrading that are sitting unused now. I'm much more selective now.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I thought you expressed that you are spreading yourself thin on gear quite often in this thread but I may be mis-remembering.

100% agree on gear loadouts, I'd love to have a Dizzy PvP set and a Dizzy PvE set, but there would need to be some restrictions so it wasn't abused in GW. My only comment on the above would be is leveling an artifact to 30 absolutely necessary? I only have one and it's Tag because that has an immediate benefit as an opener for Basar. It's not like I need Daydream Joker to be 30 to beat PvE content or the extra % damage from Portrait going from 27 to 30 in PvP.

Geared really well: Seallona, A. Ravi, Dizzy, Angelica, Montmo, Luna, Lidica, J.Kise, Baiken, Sol, Basar, Roozid (5*)
Geared just good enough (i.e. to do hunts): Cermia, Iseria, Tama, Vivian
Benched: Chaos Sect, Lilibet

But what are you still progressing through? There is nothing to progress through anymore. I cleared all the PvE content back when Dizzy was released. So I've been working on PvP and that's really just hunting for speed gear so that severely limits what I'm looking to upgrade. I trash mostly everything. It's why At getting nerfed was a bummer, I wasn't chasing anything anymore.

I have last month's experiment to point back to. Again I saved ~40m in a month with barely going down in leif count and completely halted all gear related activities. I still leveled fodder, bought charms, etc. Since then I've crafted all the accessories I can and leveled up the good ones which left me with ~22m. I then splurged in the SS for bookmarks to the tune of another ~10m and have leveled all the S3 gear (minus the boots), maxed Tag, and hunted for some speed gear (probably bought 7-8 pieces to +15). I'm at 6 million with nothing left I want to upgrade and going back into hoarding mode.

I learned 2 things. 1) There's no reason to craft gear right now besides to slowly increase power on characters that don't need it because I can hit Champion and 3 man auto all the hunts but Az. Hell Raid PvE is a breeze that I don't bother with. 2) I was upgrading A LOT of bad gear. Seeing a months worth of hunt drops/crafted gear stacked up made me realize how many bad pieces I was upgrading that are sitting unused now. I'm much more selective now.
You need to run Hell Raid every week, bud. You get insane rings / gears + the speed weapon and immunity chest are basically best in slot. It's worth to auto.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Raiding is a chore once you have all the content on farm, but I find it gets a lot more palatable once you pick team comps that have the damage to cut through the trash quickly. It reduces run times by quite a lot, since each run has so many fights.

The gear is rare, but great. I just got my first 88 speed dagger (no speed rolls on it looooool), and one of the bosses dropped a really nice chestpiece that I'm going to start upgrading as well.

You definitely get garbage most of the time, but imo it's still not as bad as grinding hunts for a week, blowing all your money and mats forging, and ending up with maybe one piece of decent gear.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
You need to run Hell Raid every week, bud. You get insane rings / gears + the speed weapon and immunity chest are basically best in slot. It's worth to auto.

Yeah, I probably should. The drops were never kind to me so I kind of just stopped but I also never did it enough to give it a chance. I kind of been holding out for when they make the QoL raid improvements and add the remaining bosses so I can get the same benefits in less time. Maybe I'll dabble in it again with an optimized team.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I probably should. The drops were never kind to me so I kind of just stopped but I also never did it enough to give it a chance. I kind of been holding out for when they make the QoL raid improvements and add the remaining bosses so I can get the same benefits in less time. Maybe I'll dabble in it again with an optimized team.
Unfortunately, they're reworking Hell raids so you can only kill one boss per run, so you can't hoard and optimize.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, they're reworking raids so you can only kill one boss per run, so you can't hoard and optimize.

Oh...I didn't put two and two together that warping straight to bosses was also preventing from doing multiple a run. That's going to slow progress lol. But then again I think I'd rather have that then have to slog through the labyrinth itself.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's honestly not that bad. You just set up your teams for each Hell Raid, auto all the way to the boss, and either auto/manual the boss, finish by autoing as many side bosses as you can and boom. Do it while like watching TV or doing something else and it's just done before you know it. 20-30 mins tops. Even if you don't get anything, it eats through the epic pass (if you have it), and you get a charm closer to 88 immunity chest or speed weapon. Then randomly you will eventually get insane gear. It's the most F2P friendly way to get awesome gear.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I just do Karkanis every week. He's an absolute joke with Dizzy/Lidica, trash takes forever but I can auto it. I make sure to kill as many of the trash elites as possible because the defense ring they drop is potentially extremely good. Karkanis himself drops an 88 HP weapon once in a blue moon.

I'm actually a bit worried the trash elite farming will get worse once they make the raid changes.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Does someone have a map with where the elites are in hell raid? I haven't been hunting them down much, and I think my team can spare the morale to make a few detours now.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Asia reset and lets see what I get from the 4-5 star ticket.... my first fire Aramintha.... cool, guess I'll pair her with SC Carrot sometime down the track.

I should be allowed to use the cleansing and immunity casting units I already have. They should be able to work for content because they are literally made for this sort of thing. The fact that the only units that are capable of S-ranking are extremely specific and few in number is a sign that they are trying too damn hard to incentivize pulls.

Yep you're 100% right.

We all have to drop $400 on Lilias in 24-28 hours time and raise her up ASAP so we can get 21 Wisdom Gaze's per run instead of 20. Then if we're lucky enough next month we can drop another $600 on Mystic packs and pull ML Basar and get 23 Widom Gaze's per run. Maybe I'll buy all the mystic packs for September as well to give myself more of a chance.

A sound investment but I loathe Smilegate for making me pull for her tomorrow and ML Basar in a couple weeks time.

But that's what it takes to get S rank and I don't want to be a A rank peasant. People need to see the big picture and realize that 21 per run compared to 20 is massive! That's like an extra exclusive equipment every 13 and a bit weeks, well worth maxing out my credit card and a massive advantage for me.

Last edited:

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck me for feeling like worthless shit when I'm only able to get an A rank while other players who've spent less time and effort in this game are SSS-ing it easily, I guess?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I can only get C and I play this game as much as you.

It's such a huge whatever I can't be bothered to get upset. So I get like one less roll in a month than someone else. And it'll probably roll shit anyway. Shrugarooni.

animus82

Nov 1, 2017
Fuck me for feeling like worthless shit when I'm only able to get an A rank while other players who've spent less time and effort in this game are SSS-ing it easily, I guess?

I wouldn't worry about who does PVE better. Who cares really? The real braggin and trash talking will begin when RTA starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.