• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
So, yesterday I was reroll for almost countless time since I reinstalled this game and I was so, so, so, close that I'm certain that I pulled a 5*ML unit on free ticket and i was filled with so much joy...and then for the next second, it was an artifact card. -_-

Guess I'm rerolling it again and gods know when I will stop until I get a 5* Nat or ML, lol.

Lavenza

Oct 27, 2017
Boosted my Ruele and F.Ceci recently
Screenshot_20190921-212531_Epic_Seven.jpg

Screenshot_20190921-212546_Epic_Seven.jpg

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd sacrifice some speed for more defensive stats on the Ruele.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
So far 2/3 of my arena gear have rolled heavily/solely into effect resistance. With the third being the ring that doesnt have that substat, but I specifically bought that hoping for a decent speed roll and it has stayed 4 the entire time.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So far 2/3 of my arena gear have rolled heavily/solely into effect resistance. With the third being the ring that doesnt have that substat, but I specifically bought that hoping for a decent speed roll and it has stayed 4 the entire time.

I honestly think it's weighted to ER. I just have so much gear that rolled heavily into ER.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Retooled Celeste by dropping her effectiveness in favor for more bulk and damage. It turns out she does pretty respectable damage that way, and it makes her way more useful than the odd CR pushback effect.

The higher damage on her s2 helps soften everyone which makes the cleave from CMerc more likely to succeed. The higher bulk also means that she doesn't necessarily get boned by ML Ken on counterattack. Now I feel more comfortable cleaving teams that look bulkier.

I got hit by the crest rollback so I'm sitting on negative 400 crests right now. Pushing more arena to work my way back up before a miss a mola from next week's shop.

Last edited:

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
abyss 84 is an rng shitshow

Violet/Fat Cat team can actually evade the stun from what i read.

for those of us that don't have Violet/Fat Cat team we have only two strategies.

First strategy is to build soul burn for arky before boss battle, target the crystal, kill it to remove the stun, and then do as much damage to giant crab lady before she revives the crystal and stun you again, use arky to kill crystal again, rinse and repeat.

The other strategy is to bring Poisson and hope your tank/dps get stunned, ignore the crystal and just target crab lady and poison her to death.

My poison units were to squishy so I used the kill crystal strategy and hoped every stun landed on 1 of my dps units.

Last edited:

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
I've been stuck on that for hours, I came close a few times but the boss just starts to move really fast for some reason and I can't keep up with her attack and the constant revives, not to mention most of the times the crystal gets revived and immediately heals itself and buffs everyone which is annoying as hell. Not to mention she usually stuns the one responsible to actually killing anything as support can't kill the crystal fast enough. It has too much health imo.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Beat Raid 83 today...so how do you handle that debuff in 84 ?

Doesnt seem like you can protect yourself from it or dispell it - kinda messed up.

I was stuck here for a while. If you kill one of the side mobs it lifts the stun. Any of them will do but you really want to prioritise the crystal as it puts up immunity. Every few turns the boss will resurrect one of the mobs and reapply stun to random target. The resurrected enemy starts with low hp but also gets regen. For me I went with kill all the enemies. I brought dispell for their regen, def break and debuffs. Cleanse and heals.
Dizzy w/ Violin
S. Bell
Monty w/ Idol
Violet

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Since the summoning pool change I think I'm at around 1500 bookmarks on Covenant summons or thereabouts. In total I've pulled 4 ML 4 star heroes which is better than the average. None in the last 600 bookmarks though.

I wouldn't recommend dumping resources into Covenant as a rule. Now that we have pity it just feels super wasteful unless you get an ML5 or, you get an ML4 you don't have and want or, your get an RGB 5 you're missing (which can be very few after a while). Artifacts kind of suck since you can still get those on pity banners. 4 stars also no point.

It seems obvious but I thought I'd just give my personal experience. I feel that there's no reason to touch Covenant summons even to finish a gold transmit stone. Just hope you get lucky off a random daily summon like before and keep it moving. The odds that it'll be worth it in a way a pity banner isn't can't be is minuscule.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Asia server reset.... grabbed two more gold yellow stones from login to give me 6... galaxy summon time, purple sparks... zerato pl... oh f that it's another 5 star.... please no dupe.... welcome Dark Corvus....

1 ML nat 5 when I put some money into this game (which is chump change compared to what I used to spend in FEH and now FGO), 5 ML nat 5s after I've stopped spending money. I'll probably get ML Basar next month too but I'll wait to see who the rerun hero will before he rotates out first..... I'm guessing Dark Corvus, ML Ken or A.Vildred..... don't think they'll run two light soulweavers in a row....

Now the problem with getting all these units without spending money is that's extremely hard to gear them up since I won't buy leaf packs, the festival pack and I have to save my skystones for banner heroes like Lilias..... (hit pity back to back on SSB and Vivian). Even if I lucksack a heap of ML Nat 5s while being F2P it's kinda pointless since I would need to spend money to farm gear and climb pvp ladder.....

1fbp91oh7up21.jpg

First FGO now this? You be winning today haha.

Yeah I was killing in a few days ago, afterwards I tried to lucksack the new green color hero in FEH, summoned 8 times on green stones to get 8 3stars in a row... odds of that.... are very, very low lol. Well I prefer my luck to be in this and FGO anyway...

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Abyss 84, I ran 2 healers (1 being Tamarinne), Kise, and SSBellona. Took out all the adds starting with the Crystal. Any time he respawned an add I burned it down immediately to get rid of stun and back to fighting just the scorpion. If he stunned Kise or SSBellona I'd use Arky from the healers to help get rid of the add.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
We need Abyss 91-100 with the flat stat buff and unit power creep us end game players need something to bite off. I wish AT never got nerfed even if I meant I never finished it every month.

They spend all this time on new main chapters and cool units/bosses but I just face roll it on auto while leveling fodder its just not engaging.

I was kind of excited for trials and turns out it's just the same encounter for a month straight.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
When do the items they've just put in the trails shop become available to craft?

Trails I just a chore due to having to regear units.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to start putting my A Coli in the top middle of my defense team formation. I keep trying to target her first with my A Coli, but because I'm trying to tap on her and she's hunched down, it targets the unit at the bottom middle instead. Almost cost me 2 defense revenge matches. Luckily Baiken's R&L proc'd multiple times, outlasting Dizzy's debuffs and attacking 6 or 7 times.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no. I was buying flags to make a late charge to Champion and was literally at 4988 and when I won a match to move up I got the arena closed message. I don't think it counted, especially since I didn't get the Champion bonus stones.

That's a bummer since I spent skystones and gold assuming I'd get the rank up bonus.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
abyss 84 is an rng shitshow

Violet/Fat Cat team can actually evade the stun from what i read.

for those of us that don't have Violet/Fat Cat team we have only two strategies.

First strategy is to build soul burn for arky before boss battle, target the crystal, kill it to remove the stun, and then do as much damage to giant crab lady before she revives the crystal and stun you again, use arky to kill crystal again, rinse and repeat.

The other strategy is to bring Poisson and hope your tank/dps get stunned, ignore the crystal and just target crab lady and poison her to death.

My poison units were to squishy so I used the kill crystal strategy and hoped every stun landed on 1 of my dps units.
I've been stuck on that for hours, I came close a few times but the boss just starts to move really fast for some reason and I can't keep up with her attack and the constant revives, not to mention most of the times the crystal gets revived and immediately heals itself and buffs everyone which is annoying as hell. Not to mention she usually stuns the one responsible to actually killing anything as support can't kill the crystal fast enough. It has too much health imo.
I was stuck here for a while. If you kill one of the side mobs it lifts the stun. Any of them will do but you really want to prioritise the crystal as it puts up immunity. Every few turns the boss will resurrect one of the mobs and reapply stun to random target. The resurrected enemy starts with low hp but also gets regen. For me I went with kill all the enemies. I brought dispell for their regen, def break and debuffs. Cleanse and heals.
Dizzy w/ Violin
S. Bell
Monty w/ Idol
Violet

Thanks for the input guys. Im gonna give it some more attempts this week now that i somewhat know what the strategy is gonna look like.
Will there be more floors that introduce these kind of buffs ? I honestly hate these kind of mechanics in games, when they suddenly drop in status effects that break established rules of the game just make it more difficult.

Or im just mad because i know its gonna be another long-ass fight and i cant spend that much time on E7 right now.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Thanks for the input guys. Im gonna give it some more attempts this week now that i somewhat know what the strategy is gonna look like.
Will there be more floors that introduce these kind of buffs ? I honestly hate these kind of mechanics in games, when they suddenly drop in status effects that break established rules of the game just make it more difficult.

Or im just mad because i know its gonna be another long-ass fight and i cant spend that much time on E7 right now.
I miraculously managed to beat it yesterday, I used Angelica, Dizzy, beach Bellona, Luna. Still took almost the whole day with trying different approaches and a lot of luck (read Luna not getting stunned), what I did at the end is sort of ignore everything and go for the boss, when the boss managed to get a shield up, focus the crystal, things like that. Still, I feel I won thanks to RNG more than due to how I played. For comparison, the next two floors (Romann and Dark Corvus as bosses) were child's play compared to this hell.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I miraculously managed to beat it yesterday, I used Angelica, Dizzy, beach Bellona, Luna. Still took almost the whole day with trying different approaches and a lot of luck (read Luna not getting stunned), what I did at the end is sort of ignore everything and go for the boss, when the boss managed to get a shield up, focus the crystal, things like that. Still, I feel I won thanks to RNG more than due to how I played. For comparison, the next two floors (Romann and Dark Corvus as bosses) were child's play compared to this hell.
Nice, congrats !!!
Sounds like hell but its good to know that the following Abyss Stages arent as punishing.....so thats something xD

I lack Dizzy so i might give Basar a spin for this stage.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
We need Abyss 91-100 with the flat stat buff and unit power creep us end game players need something to bite off. I wish AT never got nerfed even if I meant I never finished it every month.

They spend all this time on new main chapters and cool units/bosses but I just face roll it on auto while leveling fodder its just not engaging.

I was kind of excited for trials and turns out it's just the same encounter for a month straight.

Trials will eventually rotate 4 bosses I think.... Kayron, Nilgal and probably Tenebae and maybe Archdemon Mercedes..... I tried to auto Nilgal as soon as he was out on Asia server and ended up with a C ranking by dying lol.

Yeah AT is a joke right now, I auto'd every level except 94 last time, had to use some stigma on 94 because I was too lazy to change my team comp. They probably don't want to introduce a higher difficulty because people will cry if they can't get the rewards.

Abyss will keep expanding, will be needed soon....

Yeah the time investment is the only reason I haven't cleared floor 90 yet, I can auto upto the last stage but once it gets to that point my auto team gets smoked. Majority of the floor 80s I auto'd most of the time and just took over near the end.... scorpion, fat cat and ml kens levels the most annoying.... dark corvus was 100% auto.....

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well looks like I need to fail myself out of Master V to get out of this bullshit - 50 gold crests. Have fun beating on my level 1 slime if you see him lol

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, my last win didn't register, back to Challenger V. That is a really wacky happening to be 12 points from Champion and be mid-battle and win when the arena closes, kinda peeved but I guess I should have been paying attention.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Really hoping there's a free unequip soon. I can't get any higher in hall of trials than B rank without changing around a bunch of my artifacts.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to start putting my A Coli in the top middle of my defense team formation. I keep trying to target her first with my A Coli, but because I'm trying to tap on her and she's hunched down, it targets the unit at the bottom middle instead. Almost cost me 2 defense revenge matches. Luckily Baiken's R&L proc'd multiple times, outlasting Dizzy's debuffs and attacking 6 or 7 times.
Mistargeting top middle/bottom middle happens to me so much. I wondered if it was bad UI design or just fat fingers on my part.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Bought Yufine's exclusive equipment and it had the only one of the three buffs I didn't want. Ugh.

Mistargeting top middle/bottom middle happens to me so much. I wondered if it was bad UI design or just fat fingers on my part.
Since then I've started tapping the numbers floating over their heads. Seems much more reliable. The thing that really gets me salty though is trying to pause and forfeit during an arena/gw match and clicking one of the other half dozen icons in the top right.

can ML Rin steal the invincibility from those pods things in the Nigal trial? might have to buk her up.
I tried it once in a practice run and got nothing so I went with a Vivian,Tama team.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a Guild Wars bug? I would swear the team was set last night when I checked but now it seems it failed to join (Apologies to people in Overflow for that).

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a cool down to how often you can be attacked? I expected people to be dunking on me hard but so far only one person took my bait :)

SeZMehK

Turnip King
Oct 27, 2017
New York
Thanks to J. Kise and A. Lots, I was able to push to Challenger V. I usually just sit around Masters V- IV. Now I just see Dizzys all over the place. My A. Lots is not fast enough yet to out speed Dizzy. Lol.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Settled for A-ranking this week's trial with Kitty Clarissa/Charles/Achates/C. Domi (C. Domi just being my highest single target DPS).

This fight is completely unreasonable and asks for both an absurd amount of cleansing and an absurd amount of single target DPS to get anywhere. If you don't have someone who can keep immunity up permanently (when it isn't cleansed by Nilgal's S3) he'll just constantly steal turns and make it literally impossible to keep up with the volume of debuffs... and I honestly have no idea how you'd keep immunity up for that long considering how fast he cycles turns. Maybe if I had a 200+ speed Vivian or something (which would, amusingly enough, make her completely useless as a cleaver).

My 152 speed Angelica is, unsurprisingly, completely useless here, and so is my Angelic Montmorancy (who becomes more a liability due to the fight penalizing every turn you perform a non-attack skill). Destina is a no-go due to the long cooldown on her S3. Achates alone obviously can't keep up even partly well, hence me throwing in Kitty Clarissa hoping to eke out something of a win.

Honestly, I'm just not a fan of the Hall of Trials. Kayron was already obnoxious enough with his constant self-cleansing (seriously, why did this need to be a thing?), but now we have to somehow have super cleanse + super immunity + super speed + super damage and I am just wondering why should I even bother at this point. That's way too much work for very, very little reward. Congratulations to those of you who happen to have the few specific compositions that actually work against this nonsense.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Nilgal seems lame af. Luckily, like GW, the rewards are minimal. Just getting C thrice a week will net you enough to get at least 2 pieces of perfect gear a month, so it's a big ol' whatever.

Still, it doesn't bode well for future content. I have confidence the raid will be okay, but World Bosses and Abyss levels might be yikes.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
finally pushed myself to complete my first 100 floors of the Automation Tower and got to floor 79 in Abyss; really starting to enjoy this engame content! will probably prepare myself for raids next.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Nilgal is annoying but it's an interesting fight and I had some luck with Tama/Vivian. I couldn't keep Sol alive up front to finish the third phase but I consistently got A rank.

I like the harder content, it gives a good reason to build new team comps, Tama/Vivian is super fun and you can keep up attack buffs and immunity/cleanse constantly.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm late to the selector discussion, but if the PvP experience literally worsens from folks just having the option of choosing characters, then the PvP sounds like a complete joke. And some of y'all wonder why others don't care for it.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They need to stop making bosses immune from fucking everything. Cant do shit to them but they can constantly cleanse themselves and dispel your own buffs.

Kayron was a cakewalk compared to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.