• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Tam Iseria doesn't need to be nerfed. Aux Lots maybe. Tam Iseria you need to gear 2 separate units to be fast but also their speed has to work off of eachother.

My Iseria is 7 speed faster than my Tam and due to RNG I'll get fucked and Tam will go first. When that happens it's a good chance that I'll lose.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Just want to say that I'm loving all the changes the game has made. ML Selector aside all the freebies they are giving out, the steady flow of content, new summoning system, buff events, unequip events, gear changes, exclusive equipment, and the planned upcoming stuff. They've come along way from the Guilty Gear collab where the game was at peak greediness.

On that note, loving J Kise in arena, I've been in Challenger III for a few days now and am still winning 90% of my matches. My defense though, is getting picked on endlessly, it's been attacked over 100 times now. I have no clue what to do besides stone my way to Champion, fall back down, and just hover in Challenger until I can build a meaningful defense.

h0tp0ck3t

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure this guy I just faced in arena is just trolling people with his defense team.
Charles counter set
Destina counter set
Sea salt Bellona
Kikarat
He went down like a sack of bricks but what a fucking waste of time lol

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
Tamarinne got overbuffed from week 1 and that has always been a known fact so I don't think many will cry too hard if she gets a love tap from the hammer. On the other hand I think CR pushing in general needs a rethink rather than aux lots needing a nerf. I think RTA should look at what Gate Six does and start the battle with 25% damage and ramp up over time. This will kill first turn speed wars and cleave and stall (because eventually the damage ramp up will be too high to outsustain) and force you to actually create a balanced team. Problem with current PvP system is that if you guarantee I can go first I find it close to impossible to lose. Whereas with ramp up even with aux lots and tamaiseria, if you blow your load on turn one then their low base hps will allow a well timed counter to crush their team

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tamarinne got overbuffed from week 1 and that has always been a known fact so I don't think many will cry too hard if she gets a love tap from the hammer.

I think were it to happen you would be shocked at how wrong you were ;) I honestly cant see how you think there wouldnt be an outcry over it. The "community" is volatile enough when it comes to nerfs, even moreso when it affects PvE and PvP and when you add in the fact that people have likely just gone hard on her banner (and a recall does exactly fuck all to get you back whatever gems you spent) I just cant see why you think a lot of people would be unhappy with it.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Tamarinne got overbuffed from week 1 and that has always been a known fact so I don't think many will cry too hard if she gets a love tap from the hammer. On the other hand I think CR pushing in general needs a rethink rather than aux lots needing a nerf. I think RTA should look at what Gate Six does and start the battle with 25% damage and ramp up over time. This will kill first turn speed wars and cleave and stall (because eventually the damage ramp up will be too high to outsustain) and force you to actually create a balanced team. Problem with current PvP system is that if you guarantee I can go first I find it close to impossible to lose. Whereas with ramp up even with aux lots and tamaiseria, if you blow your load on turn one then their low base hps will allow a well timed counter to crush their team

Problem is nobody wants matches that take 15 minutes which is what they would turn into. If after turn 1 both teams still have all 4 units its going to be a slug fest. Healing and dispelling is too strong when given a chance to thrive.

Maybe full team cleaving needs to be tuned becuase that is a bit brainless, but CR pushing to single target cleave should absolutely be a viable strategy.

I also think RTA is going to natively just crush CR pushing because if your whole team relies on A Lots or Roozid that is easily picked out by the opponent and they'll just ban that unit.

animus82

Nov 1, 2017
Problem is nobody wants matches that take 15 minutes which is what they would turn into. If after turn 1 both teams still have all 4 units its going to be a slug fest. Healing and dispelling is too strong when given a chance to thrive.

Maybe full team cleaving needs to be tuned becuase that is a bit brainless, but CR pushing to single target cleave should absolutely be a viable strategy.

I also think RTA is going to natively just crush CR pushing because if your whole team relies on A Lots or Roozid that is easily picked out by the opponent and they'll just ban that unit.

Step One: Ban Aux lots or the cleaver
Step two: Put in DCorvus and pour yourself a drink
Step Three: Smile

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017

I'd prefer longer, more meaningful matches than I rolled 12 speed instead of 10 so I win. In any case I don't believe matches would be extended so much more than they currently are (since damage quickly ramps up) just that the damage would be backweighted so you spend the first few turns trying to setup for the cleave or pick off their cleaver rather than crossing your fingers before the battle loads.

I don't think RTA will affect cleave much since there are so many characters who can CR push or AOE wombo you can just swap one for another. You still won't have any clue if it's a slow Baiken or an opener or if Dizzy is slow with eticas or fast with violin.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, right now arena is basically completely valueless as a gameplay mode. Literally everyone is running the same two or three offense teams with extremely minor variations. You might like that because it gets you flags quicker, but it is, by every metric imaginable, a failure of a game mode if it remains in its current state. There is no incentive to build new units if there is no defense team on the planet that can win without out-gearing the opponent or counting on the opposing player making a long series of mistakes. Why build new offense units when the extant units can literally cleave through 100% of defense teams? (If you doubt this, consider this video of Vivian cleaving through several bruiser-and-tank-heavy defense teams with pre-nerf C. Armin.)

Something is going to change. There's no way Smilegate, let alone Super Creative, is looking at this situation and thinking "this is fine". Any of us who's been serious about PvP in this game has known this would be an issue for months. This isn't surprising. This didn't sneak up on us. This was always 100% foreseeable because of the nature of how arena plays out. And no, I don't think denying people units through shit rates would have improved the situation any - all it would have done is slow down the advent of the Super Cleave 100% offense win ratio meta. It wouldn't have prevented shit, because the issues lie at the game's very fundamentals, including but not limited to:
  • The AI's easily predictable behavior, which leads to obvious exploitation of its behavior to field teams that otherwise would not survive in, say, RTA.
  • Offense teams being able to soulburn while defense teams cannot.
  • Offense having full knowledge of the opponent's team composition beforehand (though not their skill ups or gear).
That's on top of balance issues that they continue to refuse to address, because I guess limited units get carte blanche to break the fuckin' game or something. Yeah, "balance". Heh. Once again, they pay lip service to it without following through. Is anyone surprised to see things being the way they are now? I sure am not.

As long as they don't address these fundamental issues, and as long as they continue to give certain units special status to break the game freely, the situation will not change and arena will remain a completely valueless game mode with no entertainment value whatsoever.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A couple of days ago there was bunch of that silver pvp currency in my mail box, but it's not showing it it my currency thing?

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I have been ignoring my ML Rin in pvp for so long because I didn't have good enough gear for her, but she is fast enough to go after Dizzy S2 or A Coli so I gave her a shot. She ended up being my mvp in GW not just because of her immunity, but for her stealing Maid Chloe's revive and Vivian's attack buff.

Had a bunch of 4* phantasmas, a ton of fodder, and a ton of liefs, so I grinded the hell out of the side story and G11, and managed to 6* Judge Kise and Tamarinne back to back. Now I am completely out of phantasmas and 3* fodder, and will probably spending the next few days farming their catalysts.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I got something even harder to get than an ML5 unit, from crafting an 85 epic speed helm with 7 crit dmg, 4 crit change, 6 attack and 3 speed.... Max rolled attack up to 14% and now it's +12 with 3 speed rolls in a row.... godly helm right? No it's at fucking 10 speed.

I've lost any motavation to get it to +15.....just to see it get another 2 speed and look like a +9 Helm instead of a +15..... sad thing is that it's still the quickest speed helm I have since I seem to only get high speed rolls on hit gear..... anyway fuck min rolls the final layer of gear rng in this game.

Step One: Ban Aux lots or the cleaver
Step two: Put in DCorvus and pour yourself a drink
Step Three: Smile

Lol ML Corvus in RTA isn't fighting braindead AI and Iseria won't be constantly refreshing him (because why wouldn't you ban her)

Meta will shift for RTA and we'll still get a lot of balance passes from here until it releases.

Last edited:

h0tp0ck3t

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Okay just need a health necklace with health percent up and Mont will be properly geared.
*4 hours later*
Why is health% so common on attack sets? WHY ;_;

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Does anyone know who the next banner is gonna be? I've been waiting forever I want to see Straze or somethin

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Still pulling for Tama - 60 pulls in....it doesnt look good lol.

PS.
Looking at my roster i realized i dont have a 6* mage yet. Who should i go with between these?

Vivian
Basar
Ludwig
Aramintha

I think Basar is mostly a PvP/GW unit and he probably does his job well at 5* unless im missing something.
Ludwig is supposed to be a powerful Cleave but i already use BBK and have Vildred - dont know if he brings much new to the table since he kinda sucks in PvE from what i know.

So its probably between Ara and Vivian, though if Basar could become a main PvP/GW unit i could justify 6* him as well.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Just pulled a dupe C Armin so I'm going to refund my old one. Anyone have suggestions on who I should get? Got some serious choice paralysis. I'm looking for options to improve banshee and az hunts.

Champ Zerato - PvP, probably for def break and Sage counter.
S Rose - I don't have many good tanks. Her kit looks amazing even if I dislike her design.
G Purrgis - looks great overall, useful in plenty of areas. Aoe stun might be useful in PvP as well. Can probably be used for tanky wyvern as well.
Kitty - Variety/utility.
C Dom - buff, damage etc.
Ass. Cartuja - Mostly to synergize with Violet.

6*
Ravi
Ken
Luna
Violet
Cidd
Angelica
Destina
S. Bellona
Dizzy
Sol
Baiken
BB Karen
A. Monty

5* lv50
Aux Lots
Tenebria
Aramintha
Spec Sez
A. Ravi
Baal
B. Dingo
Rin
Dark Rin
Armin
Fluri
Hazel
Yufine
Vivian
C Rikoris
Karen
Achates
SS Achates
Axe God
C Lorina
Clarissa
Silk
W Silk
Kiris
Yuna
Tamarine
Schuri
Watcher Schuri

I have a bunch of other heroes, all RGB 3* and almost all RGB 4*s. Noteable heroes might be Purgiss, Warrior Leo, Corvus, A. Cidd.

I've been neglecting tanks forever because I was blessed with Ravi and Ken fairly early so I sustain/bruise my way through most pve and some PvP. Sadly my mystic pulls for Krau and his previous banner hasn't been successful. :(

Last edited:

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Managed to beat abyss 90 today and my streak of 3 star galaxy summons which is 10+ deep at this point continued. Guess I've reached the end of pve now.

Seems like all that's left is to farm gear to do pvp and summon to get heroes to farm for to do more pvp. I don't know if I find the idea of that very appealing.

Kind of deflating in a way.

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
I know I shouldn't complain because I've been playing this game since the worldwide launch (F2P) and I have acquired in that time 3 x 5* ML summons all in the past 2 months but do I seriously have to get 3 x Spez :/

The only positive I can take from this is I'll only need 3x 5* Phantasma's for him now....

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I know I shouldn't complain because I've been playing this game since the worldwide launch (F2P) and I have acquired in that time 3 x 5* ML summons all in the past 2 months but do I seriously have to get 3 x Spez :/

The only positive I can take from this is I'll only need 3x 5* Phantasma's for him now....

Level them all to 50 so when they have a refund from nerfing him you can select 2 free 5* MLs and still keep a copy of him.
Half joking

That feeling of getting a 5* summon but it turning out to be a dupe is really sinking. I can't imagine it for ML 5*.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got gold transmit stones from Arky for once, and 3 of them too. Pulled the ML summon and got another Wanderer Silk. Which is like my 11th one back when I was trying to roll for A Ravi, who I never even use.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mystic summon taunting me with ML Leo, is he any use? Any suggestions for Abyss 86? It sure as shit is making me hate Ken.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Mystic summon taunting me with ML Leo, is he any use? Any suggestions for Abyss 86? It sure as shit is making me hate Ken.

I have ML Leo, but haven't used him. Unless they release another hero that can trigger his bombs early, I don't see much use for him right now.

As for Abyss 86, I personally did it with two healers (Angelica and Tama), Luna and Dizzy. Just gotta pray that rng is on your side and mushrooms don't mess with you at the end.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm deciding on my third 6 star and I think it's gonna be a healer, probably either Angelica or Tama. I hear Tama is ridiculously good in most PVE content which could really help me maybe clear sine Abyss or AT floors. But Angelica could probably help me clear W10 as I'm currently unavailable to get past floor 9.

Any suggestions?

Just cleared 10-10 of Unrecorded history today so that's all of that completed and cleared.

Last edited:

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have ML Leo, but haven't used him. Unless they release another hero that can trigger his bombs early, I don't see much use for him right now.

As for Abyss 86, I personally did it with two healers (Angelica and Tama), Luna and Dizzy. Just gotta pray that rng is on your side and mushrooms don't mess with you at the end.

I'll have to skill up and gear Tama then, been blowing all my gold fishing for Mystics with store refresh so thats going to have to wait a few days.

So I'm deciding on my third 6 star and I think it's gonna be a healer, probably either Angelica or Tama. I hear Tama is ridiculously good in most PVE content which could really help me maybe clear sine Abyss or AT floors. But Angelica could probably help me clear W10 as I'm currently unavailable to get past floor 9.

Any suggestions?

I found floor 10 to be a lot harder than 11 honestly. Tama is great but nearly all Wyvern 11 farming compositions use Angelica and she's useful in lots of other places so I'd probably suggest going with her first.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I need a break from arena. I was one win away from getting into challenger III for the first time, so I bought some flags with skystones. Then proceeded to lose 8 in a row. I kinda wouldn't mind dropping a couple ranks right now.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Same for me with arena. I didn't buy any flags this week but I burnt all the naturally generating flags and went 139-23 on offense but 21-152 on defense. Yup, I was attacked 173 times...

I hit 4700 points but am going to end around ~4500. I just don't have the units built up for a proper defense comp at these levels. My roozid was at 241 and I was still getting cleaved badly. Tried a few tank teams to no avail.

I just built up a speed/effectiveness Basar to see if I can trick some opponents, but mostly for another opener in GW. Might need to build a counterattack/Celestine Destina or a counterattack/Abyssal Dizzy. My knights are trash so I don't have any good Aurius holders.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I can't even do arena anymore. I still hang on to Champion because people keep dying on my defense - I make it look cleave-able but you need streamer whale gear to do that to me. But offense matches take 20+ minutes. Every time. I don't have the Tama/Iseria or Aux Lots magic bullet and even if I did I'd lose the speed race to their Dizzy (or whatever). I did maybe 2 matches against humans last week and it still didn't drop me out of champion V, I have no idea why since I was under 5000 points.

Literally everyone seems to have traded in their ML Ara/Baal for things that are far, far worse to fight or defend against. It's funny that they said they wanted to take a long time to analyze the situation and play it safe with the nerfs...but they waited so long that those heroes fell out of the meta before the nerfs even got here.

I think the entire concept of periodic damage for the attacker is a joke at this point since it makes everyone put absolute garbage on their defense team to prevent any chance of fun happening. I mean, some of the most dangerous characters aren't a problem because of their damage. It's because they are resistant to debuffs and give themselves extra turns or combat readiness. Red Corvus and Montmorancy spam turns so hard it pushes up the counter to the point that you're taking 3000 ticks of damage before you know it. How the fuck is that fun to fight against? And even they aren't as bad as Dizzy+S.Bellona who punish you for doing literally anything and overwhelm your silly 'counters' with insane amounts of debuff spam. Yeah I think I was a lot happier with ML Ara+Baal everywhere. It wouldn't even matter if I dropped because people show me what Challenger tier looks like and it's the same shit.

Gacha PVP is a bad idea from the start so it should be quick and painless, not a huge chore. That's what made me quit Fire Emblem Heroes. They've got a lot of work to do to extricate themselves from this mess and I really don't think real time arena is the solution. In fact I don't want that feature AT ALL. But it seems to be what they're focusing on.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I can't even do arena anymore. I still hang on to Champion because people keep dying on my defense - I make it look cleave-able but you need streamer whale gear to do that to me. But offense matches take 20+ minutes. Every time. I don't have the Tama/Iseria or Aux Lots magic bullet and even if I did I'd lose the speed race to their Dizzy (or whatever). I did maybe 2 matches against humans last week and it still didn't drop me out of champion V, I have no idea why since I was under 5000 points.

Literally everyone seems to have traded in their ML Ara/Baal for things that are far, far worse to fight or defend against. It's funny that they said they wanted to take a long time to analyze the situation and play it safe with the nerfs...but they waited so long that those heroes fell out of the meta before the nerfs even got here.

I think the entire concept of periodic damage for the attacker is a joke at this point since it makes everyone put absolute garbage on their defense team to prevent any chance of fun happening. I mean, some of the most dangerous characters aren't a problem because of their damage. It's because they are resistant to debuffs and give themselves extra turns or combat readiness. Red Corvus and Montmorancy spam turns so hard it pushes up the counter to the point that you're taking 3000 ticks of damage before you know it. How the fuck is that fun to fight against? And even they aren't as bad as Dizzy+S.Bellona who punish you for doing literally anything and overwhelm your silly 'counters' with insane amounts of debuff spam. Yeah I think I was a lot happier with ML Ara+Baal everywhere. It wouldn't even matter if I dropped because people show me what Challenger tier looks like and it's the same shit.

Gacha PVP is a bad idea from the start so it should be quick and painless, not a huge chore. That's what made me quit Fire Emblem Heroes. They've got a lot of work to do to extricate themselves from this mess and I really don't think real time arena is the solution. In fact I don't want that feature AT ALL. But it seems to be what they're focusing on.
This is exactly why I'm lukewarm on bruisers and rarely pull out my bruiser team in arena, even if it might win against teams that my cleave team can't. I just can't be arsed to do the long slugfest.

I also fully agree about the encouragement towards super stall teams and how it's not fun to fight. I've lost matches because I've lost my main damage dealers, and I'm stuck beating on an a.ravi who's built up so much self healing stacks that I just have to wail on her for half a dozen turns before she runs out, and since that's already at the end of a prolonged fight, I sometimes just die to the lightning.

It's not fun, so I think I'll just park in my current tier instead of trying to climb further.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I wanted to take a shot at Champion with J.Kise but it was too much work to keep up with the defense losses. If I just hang out in Challenger V I can make a charge the last day if I want. I've gotten better at cleaving just about any team comp minus an ML Ken paired with a Seallona.

I just neutered my arena team too for the sake of GW by bringing down Roozid to 231 speed and Basar up to 233. Not sure I can cleave as many teams as I could with Roozid previously at 241.

There's almost no incentive now that everyone has max Glort Crests too. It helps to generate Conquest Points faster for the gear but that's about it. The delta between Champion and Challenger skystones isn't enough.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The lightning damage in arena sucks.

I finally finished my Monty.

She's so fun. Used her with SSB and Krau today in GW. Such a fun team. I definitely need to re-gear my Krau to make him faster though.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yo Grim you looked like you were about to say something to me in the guild chat, but you just said my name and nothing else lol.
Gacha PVP is a bad idea from the start so it should be quick and painless, not a huge chore. That's what made me quit Fire Emblem Heroes.
I was with you up until this point just because you brought up FEH. The PvE content in that game was beyond bad so it felt like PvP was the only reason to play. I quit because it got stupid with Surtr and whoever that dancer was that gave an extra movement space and a number of other nonsense units. The powercreep was overkill.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Just pulled a dupe C Armin so I'm going to refund my old one. Anyone have suggestions on who I should get? Got some serious choice paralysis. I'm looking for options to improve banshee and az hunts.

Champ Zerato - PvP, probably for def break and Sage counter.
S Rose - I don't have many good tanks. Her kit looks amazing even if I dislike her design.
G Purrgis - looks great overall, useful in plenty of areas. Aoe stun might be useful in PvP as well. Can probably be used for tanky wyvern as well.
Kitty - Variety/utility.
C Dom - buff, damage etc.
Ass. Cartuja - Mostly to synergize with Violet.

6*
Ravi
Ken
Luna
Violet
Cidd
Angelica
Destina
S. Bellona
Dizzy
Sol
Baiken
BB Karen
A. Monty

5* lv50
Aux Lots
Tenebria
Aramintha
Spec Sez
A. Ravi
Baal
B. Dingo
Rin
Dark Rin
Armin
Fluri
Hazel
Yufine
Vivian
C Rikoris
Karen
Achates
SS Achates
Axe God
C Lorina
Clarissa
Silk
W Silk
Kiris
Yuna
Tamarine
Schuri
Watcher Schuri

I have a bunch of other heroes, all RGB 3* and almost all RGB 4*s. Noteable heroes might be Purgiss, Warrior Leo, Corvus, A. Cidd.

I've been neglecting tanks forever because I was blessed with Ravi and Ken fairly early so I sustain/bruise my way through most pve and some PvP. Sadly my mystic pulls for Krau and his previous banner hasn't been successful. :(
Of your list, I only have cdom and kitty built, so here are my two cents on those:

Cdom is amazing in that her kit is overloaded the same way that Tama's is: she does her main dps role well, but brings a ton of bonus utility on top of it for no apparent reason. She does a ton of single target damage, but her s3 makes it easy to give everyone 100% crit rate, and her s2 means everyone pushes her so often that she gets turns just as fast as a speedy unit, even when she's not really built for speed. And on top of that, her S1 soulburn can do tons of damage.

She brings a lot of momentum in a fight because once she s3s once, you get a sort of crazy crit train going because suddenly everyone crits, which pushes her along to land more turns, which means more s3s for her, which means more CR pushes and crits for everyone else, and so on.

The main downside is that she is pretty squishy and does need some defensive stats or some measure of protection if she's in a position to take damage.

As for Kitty, I think she's amazing at managing debuffs the same way that Momo is, but has more of an offensive slant to her because she enables someone else's S1 and can strip enemy buffs to boot. Kitty + Tama + anyone with a good S1 is a great combination that leads to tons of damage.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Are we expecting new exclusive equipment when the hall of trials boss changes?

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Yo Grim you looked like you were about to say something to me in the guild chat, but you just said my name and nothing else lol.

I was with you up until this point just because you brought up FEH. The PvE content in that game was beyond bad so it felt like PvP was the only reason to play. I quit because it got stupid with Surtr and whoever that dancer was that gave an extra movement space and a number of other nonsense units. The powercreep was overkill.

well, that stuff contributed, but the weekly PVP chores really wore me down and when they added that tower mode it was too much. I was spending so much time every week on something that just stressed me out, whereas powercreep was more like the straw that broke the camel's back. The exact moment I gave up on the game was when an enemy Surtr soloed 4 red armorslayer+ and triangle adept units in AA. Sure, they weren't my A-listers, but I had already given up on AA to the point where I was 4v1 autobattling it and seeing that was just a 'fuck this' moment.

E7 at least I can be lazy as hell with PVP other than guild wars - I get my currency from NPCs and the timed missions. GW is kinda fun still since even when we accidentally sneak into the top 150 or so, the people we fight aren't usually Legend level so I can handle them. Also no lightning cheese on their side so the feeling of complete unfairness isn't there. It can't be understated how frustrating that shit is.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Lol AA was both the best and worst part of FEH. I used to have a lot of fun designing my base and figuring out how to crack enemy bases, but I tired of it because the meta moved to "let's make my base as annoying as possible" pretty much instantly. It was tolerable for a few meta shifts, but it just got worse and worse. I think I fell off the game shortly after the whole Surtr thing too. I made a Surtr dedicated counter, but it wasn't fun having to shoehorn her into every base defense.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Of your list, I only have cdom and kitty built, so here are my two cents on those:

Cdom is amazing in that her kit is overloaded the same way that Tama's is: she does her main dps role well, but brings a ton of bonus utility on top of it for no apparent reason. She does a ton of single target damage, but her s3 makes it easy to give everyone 100% crit rate, and her s2 means everyone pushes her so often that she gets turns just as fast as a speedy unit, even when she's not really built for speed. And on top of that, her S1 soulburn can do tons of damage.

She brings a lot of momentum in a fight because once she s3s once, you get a sort of crazy crit train going because suddenly everyone crits, which pushes her along to land more turns, which means more s3s for her, which means more CR pushes and crits for everyone else, and so on.

The main downside is that she is pretty squishy and does need some defensive stats or some measure of protection if she's in a position to take damage.

As for Kitty, I think she's amazing at managing debuffs the same way that Momo is, but has more of an offensive slant to her because she enables someone else's S1 and can strip enemy buffs to boot. Kitty + Tama + anyone with a good S1 is a great combination that leads to tons of damage.

Thanks.
I'm currently leaning towards G. Purrgis or Kitty. While I think G. Purrgis is really cool and useful in a lot of areas I also know I prefer more offensive teams and having Kitty to handle debuffs and strip while still proving some damage through her loveliness + ally combo seems to run well with me. In terms of CDom I'm entertained by the prospect of having a bunch of regular doms to speed boost the rank promotion process as well but in terms of single target dps I have quite a few. I guess another factor is who I can reasonably gear well enough and I'm not sure I can gear another DPS at the moment, especially when I want to upgrade my current ones a bit more. I'm also a little wary of CDom's crit buff. I don't want to be reliant on her for obtaining crit in case I have situations I don't want to bring her and then I'm stuck with fiddling gear for certain heroes to get that crit rate back. 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.