• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
At least we are getting the 5* ticket tomorrow - what units are you guys hoping for ?

Bellona is probably #1 but after thinking about I honestly have no place for her right now..... same with Vildred.

Kit wise I would want Lilibet or Tywin the most.... would honestly rather get some ML nat 4s over them though... (BBK, Fat Cat, ML Mercedes, Fighter Maya, A Coli)

I have 25 more pulls left to hit pity on Vivian.... (will clear abyss floor 90 to hit pity) if I get her I will rage.

O does the bottle only do one level? I thought it max limit broke it LOL. Ok yeah F that, complete waste.

Bottle's better than spending a shit load of bookmarks maxing limited artifacts like Reingar's Special Drink, Necro & Undine etc.... only option if you're not a whale or get (un)lucky enough to pull a heap on the way to Club 121.

Last edited:

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Vivian shouldn't be in the covenant pool so i don't think its possible to get her with the 5* ticket

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Guess I'll open that ticket ASAP if that's the case....

Also 3 more pulls thanks to 90 skystones.... I swear I've seen like 4 sparks in the 98 pulls I've done.... this will be the 2nd Club 121 in a row I've hit.... I think it's impossible to get a 3rd in a row.... have no skystones left to harvest.....

Anyway else keeping their A.Vildred? Was going to trade him in but I think I'll keep him now..... same with Armin.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I would love to get Cermia tomorrow. Otherwise any new unit is fine.
Bottle's better than spending a shit load of bookmarks maxing limited artifacts like Reingar's Special Drink, Necro & Undine etc.... only option if you're not a whale or get (un)lucky enough to pull a heap on the way to Club 121.
Yeah. My post was just in regards to upgrading Tooth as that's what we were discussing at the time.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
At least we are getting the 5* ticket tomorrow - what units are you guys hoping for ?

My 3 Most Wanted would be:
1. Tammy
2. Bellona
3. Ken

Krau or Luluca would be cool too i guess.

Grats - A.Coli about to get some nice buffs.

Single target red is my weakest point so either Ravi or Cermia.

Gacha is back to normal today and everything was dust.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Did some number crunching, and folks, right side gear just got blown open.

Flat stats main on the right side are now arguably better than percent main, depending on the roll. These numbers are all going to be after the changes.

Let's look at an example for Vivian, fully awakened, level 60. We'll use averages for substat rolls (25 for flat, 6% for percents)

Level 85 Boots, Attack Percent main, two rolls into Flat Attack substat
736 (main, 60%) + 75 (average of two rolls into attack) = 811 attack.

Level 85 Boots, Flat Attack main, two rolls into Percent Attack substat.
501 (main, flat) + 221 (6% base, two rolls of 6%, 18% attack) = 722 attack.

Now let's look at four rolls into Percent Attack substat.

736 (main, 60%) + 125 (average of four rolls into attack) = 861attack.

Level 85 Boots, Flat Attack main, four rolls into Percent Attack substat.
501 (main, flat) + 368 (6% base, four rolls of 6%, 30% attack) = 869 attack.

Flat main is very slightly better. And this is on a fairly high attack character like Vivian. The breaking point for lower attack characters is MUCH lower. Let's look at an average character, like Lilibet.

671 (main, 60%) + 75 (average of two rolls into attack) =746 attack.

Level 85 Boots, Flat Attack main, two rolls into Percent Attack substat.
501 (main, flat) + 201 (6% base, two rolls of 6%, 18% attack) = 702 attack.

Less of a gap. Now let's look at four rolls into Percent Attack substat.

Level 85 Boots, Attack Percent main, four rolls into Flat Attack substat
671 (main, 60%) +125 (average of four rolls into attack) =796 attack.

Level 85 Boots, Flat Attack main, four rolls into Percent Attack substat.
501 (main, flat) + 331 (6% base, four rolls of 6%, 30% attack) = 832 attack.

Flat is slightly better. More than Vivian, but still not a huge difference.

The point is that Flat Main is actually really, really strong and can either be worse or better than Percent Main depending on a number of factors (character base stats most of all). It all depends on substats (and of course we look at things like Crit Damage, Chance, Effectiveness, etc).

Basically, don't throw away your flat right side anymore if you have good subs. This opens up a TON of opportunities for gear.

Last edited:

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you mind posting your Charles stats?

I'm considering investing in him soon, but I'm conflicted with the proper build.
YMMV.

r2LgCxU.jpg

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing worth mentioning for characters today but I did get four new artifacts!

Uberius' Tooth
Alexa's Basket
Hellcutter
Moonlight Dreamblade

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
Did some number crunching, and folks, right side gear just got blown open.

Flat stats main on the right side are now arguably better than percent main, depending on the roll. These numbers are all going to be after the changes.

Let's look at an example for Vivian, fully awakened, level 60. We'll use averages for substat rolls (25 for flat, 6% for percents)

Level 85 Boots, Attack Percent main, two rolls into Flat Attack
736 (main, 60%) + 75 (average of two rolls into attack) = 811 attack.

Level 85 Boots, Flat Attack main, two rolls into Percent Attack.
501 (main, flat) + 221 (6% base, two rolls of 6%, 18% attack) = 722 attack.

Now let's look at four rolls into Percent Attack.

736 (main, 60%) + 75 (average of two rolls into attack) = 811attack.

Level 85 Boots, Flat Attack main, four rolls into Percent Attack.
501 (main, flat) + 368 (6% base, four rolls of 6%, 30% attack) = 869 attack.

Flat main is very slightly better. And this is on a fairly high attack character like Vivian. The breaking point for lower attack characters is MUCH lower. Let's look at an average character, like Lilibet.

Level 85 Boots, Flat Attack main, two rolls into Percent Attack.
501 (main, flat) + 201 (6% base, two rolls of 6%, 18% attack) = 702 attack.

Less of a gap. Now let's look at four rolls into Percent Attack.

Level 85 Boots, Flat Attack main, four rolls into Percent Attack.
501 (main, flat) + 331 (6% base, four rolls of 6%, 30% attack) = 832 attack.

Flat is slightly better. More than Vivian, but still not a huge difference.

The point is that Flat Main is actually really, really strong and can either be worse or better than Percent Main. It all depends on substats (and of course we look at things like Crit Damage, Chance, Effectiveness, etc).

Basically, don't throw away your flat right side anymore if you have good subs. This opens up a TON of opportunities for gear.
I flat on gear is applied after percent, not before. Unless they said they are changing it and I missed that?

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
And percent is only applied to base, so it doesn't matter the order.

Flat is applied after everything, and percent only applies to base stats so what gear you have on doesn't matter for either.
Got a bit confused because you stated (main,flat) and (main,60%) which made it seem like you thought it would go in that order. The only variable then is whether base stat * 0.6 is greater than base stat + flat. Not really clear what the calculations are giving us, unless I am completely getting the wrong end of the stick?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Got a bit confused because you stated (main,flat) and (main,60%) which made it seem like you thought it would go in that order. The only variable then is whether base stat * 0.6 is greater than base stat + flat. Not really clear what the calculations are giving us, unless I am completely getting the wrong end of the stick?
I am comparing two pieces of gear. One with Percent Main Attack and Flat Attack Substats and one with Flat Main Attack and Percent Attack Substats.

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
I am comparing two pieces of gear. One with Percent Main Attack and Flat Attack Substats and one with Flat Main Attack and Percent Attack Substats.
Ah I see now
Feels like a bit of a weird premise tbh
You are comparing an unknown to something we know is terrible (flat substats), but not to the average (% substats but lowish rolls) or good situation. I don't think anyone is upgrading gear to get 4 flat rolls and calling that usable, so if flat main gear is better than that it doesn't really tell us much.

I suspect for low HP characters like Vivian having a flat hp ring might better if it get really good speed rolls and you are using her as a PvP opener though but I'm not sure where the cutoff is.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Ah I see now
Feels like a bit of a weird premise tbh
You are comparing an unknown to something we know is terrible (flat substats), but not to the average (% substats but lowish rolls) or good situation. I don't think anyone is upgrading gear to get 4 flat rolls and calling that usable, so if flat main gear is better than that it doesn't really tell us much.

I suspect for low HP characters like Vivian having a flat hp ring might better if it get really good speed rolls and you are using her as a PvP opener though but I'm not sure where the cutoff is.
But that's what I mean. Percent will almost always be better on a majority of 5* heroes, but for characters with lower stats or not-your-mains, flat gear is now acceptable. And this is especially good for gearing up your niche or secondary characters. Like for this week, with Kayron being weak to thieves, I want to gear up my Karin but not strip my main team. With these changes I might have a piece lying around to slap on her that I can rotate every time we get a free unequip event at the end of the month.

The change really opens up what you can deem useable. No longer do you instantly see gear with amazing substats but a flat main and go "fuck, useless". It's not useless anymore, and for 3* characters and some 5* (like Violet with defense, or some other niche examples), it can actually be better.

It's not going to replace percent main gear for your main, 5* team, but it really allows a lot more gear to play with. Going from useless gear to gear that is useable and can actually be better on certain rarities and characters is a huge, huge change.

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
Pulled a 5* from the free summons today!

Iron fan....

But, pulled a Auxiliary Lots from Galaxy Bm. Who is she good to team up with in arena?

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017

My 3 Most Wanted would be:
1. Tammy
2. Bellona
3. Ken

Krau or Luluca would be cool too i guess.

Grats - A.Coli about to get some nice buffs.

Krau, Iseria or Tamarinne would be amazing. Krau preferred because Tamarinne is due for a rerun soon.

Ken would be good as I don't have much in the way of red def breaks, and I have a TON of Ken Gear. Charles is pretty cool. Charlotte will probably get a buff and/or exclusive equipment soon.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In the last 3 days I've gotten the feature units in mystic summon through my 10 free summons.

2 days ago - wanderer silk
Yesterday - ML Ravi
Today - Charles

I guess I don't gotta do any more mystic summons lol, although they haven't treated me all that well to begin with.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Someone who can or is good with counter attacking or balloons or the ginger milf.

In reality I'll take anything that isn't a dupe, little girl, or that creeper with a doll. Whether they'll get used or not who knows. Gear is a bitch.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like Tama, Yufine or Krau. Based on my abyssmal luck with the daily 10 pulls I'll somehow get a 3* from it.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know when the Arena preseason ends? I'm not sure I have enough time to get the slate as I'm quite a way off, so I might just use the currency for Kluri's SC if it ends soon.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm debating whether I should try for Vivian or not. I have enough for a pity and a half, and I could really use her (plus I love her design).

For 5*, I have:

SS Bellona
Charlotte
Tamarinne
Destina
Sez

I have just under 10k skystones, and 300 bookmarks. I know Diene/Luna are hinted as being the next banner, but I'm not sure Diene is really needed anymore as (I believe) Tamarinne is better? Luna would be nice though, as I lack a really strong single target hitter.

I was kind of hoping the datamine would have happened by now ro know definitely what might be next, as there's not a lot of time left on the Vivian banner. I know she's not limited, but given how bloated the standard pool is (and how difficult it is to get a 5* to begin with) I'm not exactly confident of pulling her naturally.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm debating whether I should try for Vivian or not. I have enough for a pity and a half, and I could really use her (plus I love her design).

For 5*, I have:

SS Bellona
Charlotte
Tamarinne
Destina
Sez

I have just under 10k skystones, and 300 bookmarks. I know Diene/Luna are hinted as being the next banner, but I'm not sure Diene is really needed anymore as (I believe) Tamarinne is better? Luna would be nice though, as I lack a really strong single target hitter.

I was kind of hoping the datamine would have happened by now ro know definitely what might be next, as there's not a lot of time left on the Vivian banner. I know she's not limited, but given how bloated the standard pool is (and how difficult it is to get a 5* to begin with) I'm not exactly confident of pulling her naturally.

How much do you like her? If a lot then go for it. If not really then pass.

So i finally got an A11 team that might be 100%.

Rin, Tamarine, Luluca and A vildred.

Rin is just too damn good here. Also Luluca since her buff is one of the best Def breaker in the game.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
How much do you like her? If a lot then go for it. If not really then pass.
I've only played with her a bit with people on my friend list as well as through her personal story event, and she seemed cool. Plus 2x the moles on her, so that's another plus.

If we weren't expected to get an anniversary banner in the next few days the decision would already have been made. :(

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
My #1 hope is Iseria so my Tama can work faster but I'd take anything that isn't a dupe.

Also Chrono accpet my friend request! It's been hanging for a while now. :P My username is ダンヂィ.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
6/7 10 summons pulls so far and all I have gotten is complete trash. Not even a 4 stars hero.

They could give 20 free 10 summons and people would still pull trash with these insane rates.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Who should I six star next? Really just looking for heroes to increase my versatility in PvP. I was thinking between Kitty Clarissa, Watcher Schuri, or Montmorancy. I feel like I need a cleanser to go with my defense teams.

Edit: I forgot I actually have Ruele of Light to six star as well, hmmm.

Last edited:

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
My 5* ticket was Krau, pretty happy about that. I got Cartuja, Dominiel, and 3 4* Artifacts out of my summons.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
This whole anniversary has sucked shit.

One four star from the covenant the whole time. Dupe garbage tier Aramintha. Absolutely zero golden Arkys.

Really good event, Smilegate. Good balance giving people 50+ summons from the Golden Arky event while others get literally zero. Feeling super epic right now.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Got a dupe Schuri in 10 pull.
Tam in 5* ticket
SS Achates in ML pull.

I can't complain really. Neither are who I want but these are great heroes.

This whole anniversary has sucked shit.

One four star from the covenant the whole time. Dupe garbage tier Aramintha. Absolutely zero golden Arkys.

Really good event, Smilegate. Good balance giving people 50+ summons from the Golden Arky event while others get literally zero. Feeling super epic right now.
Damn. I'd share my luck if I could.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Got Aramintha new with the ticket, not a dupe so its ok , the free pulls I got one normal 5* dupe , one 4*ML dupe , some 4* stars dupes and some 5* artifacts dupes , not bad in terms of luck , but the dupe thing kinda sucks lol

With Arky I got around 45 BMs from him ...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I like pulling 2 5*'s from the free pulls and just leaving them in storage since it's gonna be months before I gear them. Such a good system.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
5* Ticket gave me Lidica. At least she's new and she's cute, so I consider it a win.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, some of you guys' luck..I've had 1 golden Arky 2 Leifs, 2x gold and all the rest have been lesser equipment charms.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Had 5 golden arkys so far for 1 stone and about 35 bookmarks.

I'll get my 5 star ticket in 7.5 hours time.

Abyss floor 86 was a pain in the ass.

Keep her for the extinction mechanics, right now she's the only one with it and who knows what kind of PvE mechanics might use it in the future. This goes for almost all Gacha games, always save one of everything for future content/buffs.

Judge Kise is useless after immunity sets
A.Vildred sucks
Fire Corvus is just to memory imprint Dark Corvus
Basar is a shit Hurado.

3 of these didn't age well after buffs, Basar's about to show out as well in two days time......

And yeah I would say that keeping a copy of every unit is always a good idea for gatcha units... but especially E7 since they are way quicker buffing units than most....

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Bad News:
All free 10 pulls again 3* dupes + didnt get one of my most wanted 5* from the ticket

Good News:
At least it wasnt a dupe 5* from the ticket with Chloe.

Status
Not open for further replies.