• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The official notes don't clarify whether the % only for right hand gear will be implemented on Wednesday or if it's just the increase to flat stats.

Hopefully it's both, it'd be pretty weird otherwise

That's because they won't change right hand gear to only have %. The only mention of percentage-only right hand gear in the news is the new Equipment Transmutation (through Alchemist Steeple) where you fodder 6 pieces of gear to get 1 gear that is guaranteed to have percentage or speed main stat.

The previous mentions of % only on right-side gear are either mistranslated (they were thinking about Equipment Transmutation) or they can see into future patch notes.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Everything was dust today.

Nice changes. Wonder at what point will they stop lowering Mola requirements.

3* I will skill up are Monty, FKluri and Lorina for sure.

At this point I don't know if I would bother rolling for Diene. Dont know what she would add to my list. Guess I should just because she is limited.

They should honestly wait for the JP server to go live before rerunning any of the limited heroes.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Got super fortunate today and got dragon waifu Yufine. Her and Cermia were my two most wanted from the regular pool so I was really pleased. Will 6* her next and use her in guild wars come Monday.

Also got my 4th Dingo. Meanwhile Achates still chilling...

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, this game really makes changes.

Don't think I saw anything about choosing which set you craft; if I can get that and the transmute that'll make getting gear way above what we currently have going on.

Edit:
Congrats on the Yufine Alkez!

Last edited:

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
Got Violet Talisman...the rest was crap...

Beat Abyss 66 and with the boost!!! Woo for a good chunk of chamge!!!

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
That's because they won't change right hand gear to only have %. The only mention of percentage-only right hand gear in the news is the new Equipment Transmutation (through Alchemist Steeple) where you fodder 6 pieces of gear to get 1 gear that is guaranteed to have percentage or speed main stat.

The previous mentions of % only on right-side gear are either mistranslated (they were thinking about Equipment Transmutation) or they can see into future patch notes.

Ah, fair. Must've seen a mistranslation

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it.

No one asked for bigger main stat flats. Like, okay, maybe certain flat stat rings might see use now in very specific situations, but the real big issue is just the fact that flat substats are universally awful and will remain awful after this change. And if the "exchange 6 pieces of a set for 1 piece of the same set and rarity" thing results in more flat subs, well, what is even the point?

Once again... they make a change that's an improvement on paper, but doesn't actually solve the core issues involved. Mitigate, but don't solve. Smilegate is nothing if not consistent.

The good:
  • 3* going from molas to stigmas plus mola refund plus 20% reduction in mola costs (again). I'll finally be able to reduce Iseria's S2 cooldown, lol.
  • Powders and energy getting removed from the hunt loot table. Hopefully the increase in skystone and mystic medal drops is substantial....
  • Raid finally becoming less of a time-sink... at least, if you only care about killing the bosses. Also more raid exchange tokens and free gear, yay~
  • Morale being simplified and becoming less opaque (if you don't use a labyrinth morale calculator). More voice lines are always appreciated, as well.
  • Better login rewards, yay. The 4-5* character ticket is especially nice. Not like I'd ever buy it normally, anyway.
The meh:
  • Pets being added to do things that should have been in the game from the very start.
  • More energy and gold from the mini events instead of just... addressing energy and gold costs directly.
  • Spez being left alone because "he might be powerful in future content that have yet to be updated".
  • A. Ravi being left alone because "she has just recently been released." I guess they don't want a repeat of the Tamarinne crap, but it seriously rings hollow to me. Isn't that all the more reason changes should be made quickly? Y'know, before she goes off-banner?
  • RTA. Good if you're just screwing around with friends. Bad for anything resembling actual competition (always a shitshow - always). Goes double for how bad balance is in this game, even after the September 5th changes. Thankfully, we'll have at least three more balance passes before it's released to the public, so we'll see how that goes.
Already mentioned the bad up above. Thankfully, the gear changes are the only thing that I would actually describe as "bad". I am neutral on the other hell raid bosses getting released (knowing them, I won't be able to clear them anyway) and Nixied's Sanctum 4 & 5. There are no summoning changes to comment on. Hero dupe tokens are probably going to have the same pricing structure as the powder shop, so, uh, good luck getting a 5-star from it any time soon (especially if you need the hero SSS-imprinted before you get a token). Limited heroes returning, meh. I guess more people get to learn that Diene is worthless in arena now.

Really... I just want some real substantial changes to the gear system. Like a tightening up of the substat roll range. Or some kind of item that I can use to reroll substats. Or some way to dump gold to improve a specific substat roll that rolled too low. Some way to get actual improvement without being entirely 100% beholden to the whims of the RNG gods. As it is... it will still feel like running on a treadmill, in a way that few other games do. Forget item levels, I can't even get gear with decent substat combinations to even begin the RNG fiesta that is rolling substats. The freebies are still by and large the absolute best gear I have, and maybe will ever have.

Hard for me to respect this company when they keep tiptoeing around what is actually the game's biggest issue at current.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Some kind of Dark Sorcery happened today and I got J. Kise and Tamarrine in my daily summons. Should have played the lottery.

I was gonna keep Arbiter but maybe now I'll trade him in and the Crimson Armin I got yesterday for Aux Lots and D.Corvus

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Grats Blackflag, that's some crazy luck. My summons have been totally Garbo. Mostly 3* all the way.

And for the flat stats, if they increase them by decent portion, it would make them rollable. Like a very niche scenario, but for Violet or squish mages as an example, something with flat defense could potentially just be better than Def%, especially if it has really worthwhile sub stats. I'd rather flat subs disappear, but this game is all rng. They have to keep you playing and flats stats is one way of accomplishing this. I'm not a fan, but it's a business plan.

Scum

Oct 25, 2017
Some kind of Dark Sorcery happened today and I got J. Kise and Tamarrine in my daily summons. Should have played the lottery.

I was gonna keep Arbiter but maybe now I'll trade him in and the Crimson Armin I got yesterday for Aux Lots and D.Corvus

tenor.gif

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this game really makes changes.

Don't think I saw anything about choosing which set you craft; if I can get that and the transmute that'll make getting gear way above what we currently have going on.

Edit:
Congrats on the Yufine Alkez!
Gratz!! Just in time for her buff.
Thanks guys :) yeah really nice timing. I always thought she was strong to begin with but the buffs make her really nice. Glad I kept my penguins so I could max her straight away. Just need some doggos now (why is the XP buff and Nerofest at the same time! I need two devices...)

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Yay, I can auto B11 semi-decently with a team of SBell + Vivian + AMomo + Angie. Vivian seems tailored to do this fight and helped a lot, even when wearing hand-me-downs. It takes forever, but it's pretty stable because of all the cleanses and immunity skills.

Wow, congrats!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
So like, why are basic QoL features like auto repeat and auto chest opening tied to pets instead of... just being a menu option?

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Neato, woke up to find mystic bookmarks in the shop, got Apocalypse Ravi. Heard a few things about her being weak and her getting a buff. So I guess wait and see if she's worth keeping because apparently we can trade them in soon?

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Neato, woke up to find mystic bookmarks in the shop, got Apocalypse Ravi. Heard a few things about her being weak and her getting a buff. So I guess wait and see if she's worth keeping because apparently we can trade them in soon?
no you can only trade ml cards that are being nerfed in the next update.

Crimson Armin can be traded for any other 4* ML Hero

ML Aramintha , ML Sage Baal, and ML Vildred can be traded for any 5* ML Hero.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not convinced that trading Carmin is the way to go unless there's someone you really want. Even after nerfs, she'll serve a role that no other unit can do quite as well. It's just that she won't be as overwhelmingly amazing at it.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna wait to see how getting units you used for devotion works before trading in Carmin. I put like 2 other Carmin into mine. If they give them back I'll totally trade her in. That's a win win.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I really like C Armin's design, but when I use her I just can't seem to get her to work for me, so I'm trading her in regardless.

Should I use Sigurd Scythe or Tooth on Yufine? I'm planning to have some speed on her so I don't want to run Hell Cutter.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I really like C Armin's design, but when I use her I just can't seem to get her to work for me, so I'm trading her in regardless.

Should I use Sigurd Scythe or Tooth on Yufine? I'm planning to have some speed on her so I don't want to run Hell Cutter.

Tooth for sure. Scythe is more for bruiser type warriors.

Also how does Carmin not work for you? You max her S2 and she just works.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Tooth for sure. Scythe is more for bruiser type warriors.

Also how does Carmin not work for you? You max her S2 and she just works.
Kl thanks. I've been planning to get the bottle from the shop to max one of my artifacts and Tooth was on my list for that 100%.

It's not that she doesn't work for me in a literal sense. More just I don't like using her. I know she's reducing damage and providing immunity, but I like to play more aggressively and she's doesn't really work in that playstyle I find.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
[
Kl thanks. I've been planning to get the bottle from the shop to max one of my artifacts and Tooth was on my list for that 100%.

It's not that she doesn't work for me in a literal sense. More just I don't like using her. I know she's reducing damage and providing immunity, but I like to play more aggressively and she's doesn't really work in that playstyle I find.

I kinda get you. I've been brooding over trading her for some time but I've changed my mind.

As much I want my Molagora back from her, she's a necessity in order to make squisher units survive. Obviously it effects every unit, but pairing her with ML Ken allows him to survive that much more.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Bottle is expensive. Tooth will be back in the shop at some point.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How does a defense team of Apocalypse Ravi, Assassin Cartuja, Ruele of Light, and Fallen Cecilia sound? I'd probably be susceptible to debuff teams huh.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Big fan of all the changes and the direction they are taking with the game. Banning a player in Real Time Arena is super interesting, adds an entire layer of strategy in both bringing a team and choosing who to ban. Will they be keeping normal Arena though?

Glad that updated the daily log-ins and are going through with the Moloagora refund on 3*. Sad Spez doesn't have a buff incoming yet but they are obviously hearing the crowd on that one. Hunt drop improvements are welcome.

Being able to use all the gear with bad stats in the steeple to convert to a set of your choice is nice. Hopefully you can combine enough for guaranteed Legendary/Epic gear like they do with the charms.

Raid improvements sound great, especially being able to jump right to boss fights.

All in all I've been impressed with their ability to address content, QoL changes, and balancing all in parallel. They don't always get it right but they are more willing than ever to try new things and it's great.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Bottle is expensive. Tooth will be back in the shop at some point.
O does the bottle only do one level? I thought it max limit broke it LOL. Ok yeah F that, complete waste.
[

I kinda get you. I've been brooding over trading her for some time but I've changed my mind.

As much I want my Molagora back from her, she's a necessity in order to make squisher units survive. Obviously it effects every unit, but pairing her with ML Ken allows him to survive that much more.
I guess part of it is because I have Ruele. She's pretty bulky, and if someone dies I just bring them back so I'm not too worried about my squishier units. But I'm only really concerned about Guild Wars. I don't care too much for Arena.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
What do I do with dupe 5* units? Is memory imprinting the best way to spend them?

I got super lucky and got a dupe Tama from a random covenant summon session.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What do I do with dupe 5* units? Is memory imprinting the best way to spend them?

I got super lucky and got a dupe Tama from a random covenant summon session.
It's best if you can use them to promote and memory imprint a hero at the same time. But even so, five stars are so rare that I still save them just in case for whatever reason.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
It's best if you can use them to promote and memory imprint a hero at the same time. But even so, five stars are so rare that I still save them just in case for whatever reason.
Maybe save it for ML Tam.
Yeah, I think I'll lock for now until I have a better idea of what to do. The problem is that the % atk imprint seems awfully tempting for a healer like Tama.

That's the problem I had with Carmin at first, until I faced one that was fast. Since she was the tank, I tried to leave her for last, but it was amazingly disruptive to see a Carmin renew her S3 often. Can't really leave her alone if she can do that.

So I regeared mine to be a bit faster, and now she has a decent role for me in GW as a "brace" for my CR push teams. What I do is set her up so that she moves last after my CR pushes, so she ideally moves before too many people on the other team move. That way I can do CR push > big hit > Carmin S3 to brace myself for whatever the survivors do.

I do the same setup with Angelica in arena, but Carmin trades long-term sustainability for the invulnerability buff, which is obviously a plus when you're up against one-shotters like Luna or Baiken. And of course, Carmin's still decent in her usual role in just existing so that your team is harder to oneshot. I do still use Fluri more than Carmin, but at least Carmin is not permabenched anymore.

I've been warming up to bruiser teams in GW because it's way easier to build a bruiser team with remaining units than a standard one, plus it seems to be the natural comp to go for if you can't play speed chicken with someone. Tank + healer + SBell/Dizzy seems to beat a bunch of teams that have poor or no sustain. I lost my CR pushers early in one of the guild wars this week, and was surprised at how well I did with cobbled bruiser teams in the later matches.

Last edited:

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Love these changes. The equip crafting is huge. Yes you can still get flat stat subs, but honestly did you think they'd make it simple to get ideal pieces? This makes it so much easier to get really good pieces, especially since it seems the chance to get heroic/epic will be high. And the same set outcome is also huge.

And the flat change is nice because of those niche cases. Though I'm unsure if the values will be enough to matter. Maybe defense values, but the Attack and HP stats should probably be bumped up a bit more.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Totally forgot to do automaton tower for the month, fought through floors 90 to 99 using Stigma to speed things up and encountered that same fucking Destina & Ruelle fight again. After banging my head against a brick wall trying to beat this disgusting fight again I've just given up. Next month I'm going to check if the fight is still there and if it is I'm not going to bother.

All that time and stigma wasted

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For people who use the store refresh method do you just set aside 1000 gems every week and sit and burn through that ?

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Man after the first day it's raining 3* from the daily pulls , guess I used all my luck there lol

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm able to get A on the Hall of Trials with my W11 team which is nice.

Daily ten pull got me Cecilia. Apparently she's a weaker F Kluri until endgame? Either way, she's in the back of the gear line behind Sol, Ravi, Violet, F Kluri, Achates, Kiris, Vivian, Chaos Inquisitor, and maybe Roozid/Tenebria/Silk. Still need to put better gear on my Mont and Angelica, who are just barely getting by and can still fail if everything goes wrong in W11. I'm finishing my 4th month of playing daily with only Taranor Guard and Sea Salt Bolognese at an okay spot, SSB using the Adventurer's path set. Hopefully the gear changes don't get pushed back like the pet system has for 10 months and counting.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When's the eligibility for the nerfed ML5s/ML4 catgirl trade in end?

I'm tempted to burn all my stones on covent summons to take my chances, anniversary banner will probably be a waifu anyways so.

And man, Specialty Change quests don't count any progress before you unlock them? That's fuuuuucked.

Last edited:

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I got yet another Karin. At this point I can probably close to SS either BB Karin or regular Karin. 🤔 Since they are 4* I might use them as wolves for BB Karin and keep my current wolves for someone else.

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
I got 2 Cidd from the daily, he's new so i'm pretty happy with, he's a good dps apparently.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Blessed free rolls.

HJu7eFD.jpg

She was on my list of who to exchange A Vildred for so now I'm down to it being between Judge Kise and Ruele.

Status
Not open for further replies.