• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Some of us are tired of people constantly droning on about how other people aren't grateful enough. As if the game isn't making any money off us and we should be happy with any scraps that get thrown our way. It's not a charity. We are customers. If there is something we don't like or want better we are allowed to ask for it. If you want to be a bootlicker then go ahead. But people need to stop whining about how other people don't share their opinion.

gamers rise up

Vctor182

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The thing is this game is an RNG fest, layers and layers of RNG on top of RNG so having the developers giving something that enables players get what they want the most as a thank you for playing the game would have been a really nice touch. I know of players who are still looking for a certain hero, getting sad when they had a chance and RNG didn't worked out for them. So I understand why they're not that excited about this the event rewards.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like you guys are overreacting, I was just on reddit and saw tons of complaining about complainers posts but couldn't even see any complaints.
HA don't you know how this community works? If you're not complaining about something you're not truly playing Epic Seven. We complain about the game. We complain about the people complaining. We complain about the people complaining about the people complaining. This, is Epic Seven.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
no point in complaining that others are complaining as if that somehow makes you a better person

we can do this all day

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
5 Star ML:

• Getting 0 = 90.0%
  • Getting 1 = 9.5%
  • Getting 2 or more = 0.5%
4 Star ML:

• Getting 0 = 70.4%
  • Getting 1 = 24.8%
  • Getting 2 = 4.3%
  • Getting 3 or more = 0.5%
5 Star Hero (non ML):

• Getting 0 = 41.5%
  • Getting 1 = 36.7%
  • Getting 2 = 16.0%
  • Getting 3 or more = 5.8%
5 Star Artifact (non ML):

• Getting 0 = 29.1%
  • Getting 1 = 36.2%
  • Getting 2 = 22.3%
  • Getting 3 or more = 12.4%
May the odds be ever in your favor.

The odds of the 70 summons, from user Boomerz at reddit. Good luck everyone.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
What are those 10 free summons a day? Didn't see such rewards. Anyway, free stuff is still free stuff, it may not be huge but it's still something!

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The anniversary rewards seem pretty solid, and in line with more generous anniversary offerings from other gachas.

Bollocks. If selectors are bad for the game then its on SG for having an imbalanced roster. Selectors havent been the death knell of any other game they're in so its laughable to suggest they would be here.
I'm not saying that it's not SG's fault, but because that imbalance exists, fuck selectors and people shouldn't want them. Not until everything is balanced. The issue with selectors is that everyone (almost) gets em.

Also not to you U, but this is hilarious. I feel like the community would be better off if SG just didn't give us anything. That way people would just go about their day like normal instead about bitching about not getting enough free stuff. Play another game if they give out way better anniversary incentives. The conversation around the game was fairly positive until they announced free stuff.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
If you think about it, we're really only getting 63 free pulls for the anniversary and not 70, since they're overwriting our standard free daily single pulls.

CAPS LOCK ON, PEOPLE! BOLD FONT, ACTIVATED!

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying that it's not SG's fault, but because that imbalance exists, fuck selectors and people shouldn't want them. Not until everything is balanced. The issue with selectors is that everyone (almost) gets em.

Also not to you U, but this is hilarious. I feel like the community would be better off if SG just didn't give us anything. That way people would just go about their day like normal instead about bitching about not getting enough free stuff. Play another game if they give out way better anniversary incentives. The conversation around the game was fairly positive until they announced free stuff.
wut

Do you not remember them holding a massive meeting for 6+ hours and the Korean playerbase rip into them relentlessly? The conversation around the game was incredibly toxic and has only gotten better since that time.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like the community would be better off if SG just didn't give us anything. That way people would just go about their day like normal instead about bitching about not getting enough free stuff. Play another game if they give out way better anniversary incentives. The conversation around the game was fairly positive until they announced free stuff.

Are you a whale? This feels like a pretty whale thing to say.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wut

Do you not remember them holding a massive meeting for 6+ hours and the Korean playerbase rip into them relentlessly? The conversation around the game was incredibly toxic and has only gotten better since that time.
Yeah it's gotten better since then. That's what I said. I guess I didn't specify a time frame, but I agree. The past few patches and we were talking about the game and not the company. Then they announce free anniversary shit and the world is on fire again.

Are you a whale? This feels like a pretty whale thing to say.
Nope. I just think 70 free pulls + 1 5 star plus whatever we get for the other 6 days of the week is pretty decent as far as "thanks for playing our game".

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's gotten better since then. That's what I said. I guess I didn't specify a time frame, but I agree. The past few patches and we were talking about the game and not the company. Then they announce free anniversary shit and the world is on fire again.
It's not. It's like 5% of Reddit and 10% of Stove (or 90% of KR, but who cares about KR Stove).

The whole complaining thing is becoming more of a meme every day. A huge majority of people are happy with the way the gacha is now, or at least somewhat satisfied. It's gacha, so it's never going to be perfect.

Now the shift needs to turn to gear, molas, and QoL features like auto-looting pets, repeat, 2x speed, etc etc.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not. It's like 5% of Reddit and 10% of Stove (or 90% of KR, but who cares about KR Stove).

The whole complaining thing is becoming more of a meme every day. A huge majority of people are happy with the way the gacha is now, or at least somewhat satisfied. It's gacha, so it's never going to be perfect.

Now the shift needs to turn to gear, molas, and QoL features like auto-looting pets, repeat, 2x speed, etc etc.
I agree, but seeing the same reactions here and on stove (the most popular/top comments) just makes me wanna complain, lol.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Not going to lie, I was disappointed to only see a single mola seed as an anniversary login reward.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'll complain about Dizzy, but not because everyone has her (in arena) but that I want her (for PVE and general content). I love the character, don't care at all about PVP.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Not going to lie, I was disappointed to only see a single mola seed as an anniversary login reward.
I eagerly await the 3* mola refund. It's going to be a MASSIVE source of not only molas, but powerful characters. +15 Momo? +15 Lorina? +15 Axe God? +15 Hazel? +15 Fluri? Think of all the characters that instantly become as powerful as 5* characters because you can +15 them without wasting molas and instead focus on molaing characters to fill niches or characters you like. It's such a good change.

Don't know what's taking it so long, but I can't wait.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you want to complain just bring up Dizzy. It's like a clarion call to the complainers.
Oh man, I wanted to bring this up when someone brought up her stats in high end meta, but she's pretty much dead as a defensive unit in arena. Having her on your team is a liability now, which is dope! She's been wholesale replaced by SS Bell.

The most OP offensive unit now is Momo, lol.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I eagerly await the 3* mola refund. It's going to be a MASSIVE source of not only molas, but powerful characters. +15 Momo? +15 Lorina? +15 Axe God? +15 Hazel? +15 Fluri? Think of all the characters that instantly become desirable because you can +15 them without wasting molas. It's such a good change.

Don't know what's taking it so long, but I can't wait.
As a new player, I'm not sure what the refund will offer me (if anything), but I am happy for the rest of the players. Here's hoping it works out for them!

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
As a new player, I'm not sure what the refund will offer me (if anything), but I am happy for the rest of the players. Here's hoping it works out for them!
It arguably helps new players more than veterans, assuming the new system isn't horrible. New players get access to S+ tier characters thanks to them no longer requiring molas.

Vctor182

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nope. I just think 70 free pulls + 1 5 star plus whatever we get for the other 6 days of the week is pretty decent as far as "thanks for playing our game".

Than what's the big deal? The majority of then player base either feels the same way or doesn't care. I'll never understand letting a minority opinion affect you to the point that you'd think itd be better if they nix it all

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
the refund may not do much for you but the removal of mola to skill up nat 3* will make players especially new ones actually use and max skilling nat 3* . Nat 3 that were always nice on paper but not worth investing will be valuable. A unit like Mirsa is actually great against Dizzy/S&B/ML Ama. I myself could see myself benching Angelica for Doris in raid runs. I will definitely raise the banshee Sisters too. I might end up trying to use all the nat 3* see what they add.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It arguably helps new players more than veterans, assuming the new system isn't horrible. New players get access to S+ tier characters thanks to them no longer requiring molas.
the refund may not do much for you but this will make players especially new ones actually use and max skilling nat 3* . Nat 3 that were always nice on paper but not worth investing will be valuable. A unit like Mirsa is actually a great against Dizzy/S&B/ML Ama. I myself could see myself benching Angelica for Doris in raid runs. i will definitely raise the banshee Sisters too.
I had no idea this was how the refund was going to work (I probably should have done more research). Cautiously optimistic then!

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea this was how the refund was going to work (I probably should have done more research). Cautiously optimistic then!
Basically, they're going to refund all molagora spent on 3* heroes (ML and regular), then require a new currency to skill up these units. Instead of wasting molagora on 3*s, you waste this new currency. The hope is it'll be farmable, but even if it's not, this new system will allow for more flexibility and more experimentation. Gear will still obviously be a roadblock, but you'll see some new metas emerge with the change, I'm sure.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Most people are speaking about what they've read on Stove & Reddit and not here. You think 5 threads are comparable to individual posts inside those alone and the others?

If dupes are your problem all that tells me is that gachas aren't for you or you have a lot of RGB 5*s anyways. Or both.

Send on my free pulls & ticket, cheers.
Come on. There are many reasons to play a game like this besides gambling and RNG bullshit. It's basically just something I put up with so I can enjoy the social experience of building my own team that other players can see and use and helping my guild out. Pretty much a surrogate MMORPG.

Just because my priorities are completely different from yours doesn't mean the game has nothing else to offer me.
I feel like you guys are overreacting, I was just on reddit and saw tons of complaining about complainers posts but couldn't even see any complaints.
Same, it's baffling. Just a bunch of dudes circle-jerking left and right.
no point in complaining that others are complaining as if that somehow makes you a better person

we can do this all day
One of these is actually happening. The other is a boogeyman.

Would be nice if folks would stop wasting time on meta shit and actually talk about the game itself.

Speaking of - where are those mola and equipment changes?

okita

Oct 25, 2017
From my perspective the game is in a really good spot now and would be one of the the gachas I would recommend to play, there is still some caveats, but it's a F2P game/ gacha and in this type of game there always will be caveats. Pity in all banners is a huge deal and still is hard to believe they did this move.

About selectors , while I don't think it would break the game if it's a rare thing , normal 5* selectors aren't necessary anymore, because obviously the pity system is in place, I'm sure they will rerun old banners and everyone will have a chance to get the hero they like (unless it's a collab hero not sure about these). ML selectors , I'm not sure here if they are necessary, it feels very early in the game's life to have something like this for characters that are supposed to be very rare , but I might be biased because I don't care about them.

About complains , it's a normal thing , people have the right to express their discontent , yes and people have the right to disagree or agree with the complain, it's a discussion forum and opinions might be divisive about certain topics, what can't exist is trying to shut down someone and to stop them to express their opinions (unless the opinion violates the rules of this place of course) ...

Last edited:

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with the random 5* ticket as is, but would a selector really be that bad? I can see how an ML5 selector would drop a bomb on the meta as absolutely everyone suddenly has Judge Kise or Ruele or whoever is the best one at the moment, but would a normal 5* selector be more impactful than the Dizzy and SBell banners?

I'm having trouble thinking of a non-limited, non ML 5* unit that would shake the meta any more than Dizzy or SBell did. Maybe people filling out their Tama + Iseria combos or something? But I imagine at higher GW/arena tiers, everyone probably already has stuff like that.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, a RGB 5* selector wouldn't have been an insane idea for the first anniversary. It would have guaranteed everyone would have gotten someone they would have liked, instead of a possible dupe (or someone they don't want). I'll take the 5* ticket and I am thankful for it, but I have a feeling it won't be someone I can make immediate use of. :/

An ML selector, though? That was asking for way too much.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm free to play, and while a selector obviously benefits me, I don't think it's necessary. I'm not saying we should be grateful and swallow whatever SmileGate gives us, but I think there's a point where the community's demands come off as unreasonable. I think too many people blame the developer for their bad luck. I mean, I get it, it sucks when you don't get what you want, but it's not really the game's fault.

galvenize

Oct 25, 2017
I think I've reached a point in this game (11 months in) where my excitement for 5 star characters isn't as it was before so that day 7 reward is like "aight cool". Doesn't help that I recently got the last classic 5* I always wanted and now I'm like whatevs.

A free 5* ML tho...

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
My last 5* ticket from an event is still sitting on the bench. It's nice to get these tickets, but it's best to not expect too much from them. Even if it's not a dupe, it might not be a unit you like, or a unit you're willing to build.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I fully expect dupe Ravi, Violet, Vivian, or Tenebria (3 from 5* tickets, 1 from pity summons). Expect the worst and you'll end up being less disappointed usually.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Hostility
your second line contradicts your first, but with all the dumb shit you say in here im sure you wont understand that
It truly doesn't. Stop asking for handouts because you aren't getting lucky. It's Gacha, them's the breaks. Handing out selectors fucks up the meta because everyone rushes after the same units. I didn't get to pick any of my characters (yet), it was all rng.

You seem like an idiot though, so we can agree to stop talking now. Read Silent 's post for a nicer shaped version of what I'm trying to say.

Last edited:

Mio

Oct 16, 2018
Pelicano I think you are not being very empathic here.

There are people that didn't get your or mine's luck.
You need to empathize with them. Protecting the "meta" is not a valid excuse to exercise your "lucky pull" units/gears against people that don't have them, especially in Arena, where you can't aim at top 100 unless you have some specific units for your defense team.

No C.Armin, No Ruele? OUCH

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It truly doesn't. Stop asking for handouts because you aren't getting lucky. It's Gacha, them's the breaks. Handing out selectors fucks up the meta because everyone rushes after the same units. I didn't get to pick any of my characters (yet), it was all rng.

You seem like an idiot though, so we can agree to stop talking now. Read Silent 's post for a nicer shaped version of what I'm trying to say.

Fuck out of here with this personal insult bullshit. The term "Pelicano Gear" has become a meme for a reason.

I've been extremely lucky with units and would totally be down with a selector. I want people to be able to play with the units they want. No need to be on some sort of high horse.

Nothing screams "piece of shit person" moreso than lack of empathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.