• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I wish you could sell exclusive equipment to get back some points. So far I've made 3 pieces and none have dropped on Rose's S3. I have no use for the other skills, and even if I did having a dupe has zero use. Would be good if I could sell for say 20 points and roll again.

Once they are added to the Alchemist Tower you use them to make new gear.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Was stuck around Abyss 50 for like months but made it to 79 in the last couple weeks....gonna try 80 today.

Hope I can clear it.
Probably gonna take forever since I don't have Bellona, Sol etc.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Once they are added to the Alchemist Tower you use them to make new gear.
Ah awesome, thanks, I missed that. I thought it just used normal mats.
Guys whats the best exclusive gear for destina and silk?

I have S2 on destina and speed boost for all allies on silk and wondering if i should roll again?
I don't think there is a best one. Comes down to preference really. For me I like Silk's dispel.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Good News , beat Abyss 80 on my first try.
screenshot_20190827-19gk34.png

Never used Kise before in battles outside Wyvern - she is actually really good. Her S3 really messed disrupts the attack flow of bosses.
Only used her because the free equip event ended while I was re-arranging assets, so some of my better gear is stuck on her.

Bad News
3 ML pulls = all 3* dupes
At least i didnt expect anything else.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Well, presumably we start to get anniversary information tomorrow. I play this game more than ever and am completely out of leafs so hopefully they have a pack of those that's a good value, like the collaboration and new year's ones they did. All the usual stuff on rotation just looks like whale snacks to me.

This week's Kayron is a lot smoother for my team but I can't seem to break SS. Just barely at the cusp of SSS every time. But my team never comes close to dying and I clear it faster. I'm totally fine with that.

Crafted two Destina equips and now I have one each of her skills. The S3 cooldown rolled minimum on effect resist though, which is a bummer. None of the characters with EE are 'mains' for me so I'm thinking of just sitting on my tokens for a while. I use quite a few heroes who I think are underrated and likely to end up with exclusive equipment, so I'll definitely need them. Rin is very likely to be in the next round imo.

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
How do you decide which gear to level up and check the stats?

The gold amount it costs it's absurd not to mention I need charms.
I am at that point where I can auto farm w11, but now I'm not sure if I roll my blue gears or just purple and epics, and those purple and epics have a higher chance to land on a stat that I do not want, and on blue gear, I get a higher chance to roll on the stat that I need.
How do I make such calls considering at the moment I can grind probably 2 items to level 12* max, thats how bad it is.

This not to mention I will have to use the crafting station later on, costing me even more gold.

Initially I was using all my skystones (all as in 2K skystone total because i'm always out of gold to keep using the secret shop) to get BMs and mystic bookmarks but now I need to shift my low gold income into gear.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
How do you decide which gear to level up and check the stats?

The gold amount it costs it's absurd not to mention I need charms.
I am at that point where I can auto farm w11, but now I'm not sure if I roll my blue gears or just purple and epics, and those purple and epics have a higher chance to land on a stat that I do not want, and on blue gear, I get a higher chance to roll on the stat that I need.
How do I make such calls considering at the moment I can grind probably 2 items to level 12* max, thats how bad it is.

This not to mention I will have to use the crafting station later on, costing me even more gold.

Initially I was using all my skystones (all as in 2K skystone total because i'm always out of gold to keep using the secret shop) to get BMs and mystic bookmarks but now I need to shift my low gold income into gear.

With blues and purples I will only level the gear if all visable sub stats are favourable. With red I'll raise it if there's 3. Sometimes I'll go against this is I'm desperately looking for something, in which case I'll level it and stop if I get any rolls in the unfavourable stat. I'll use that piece to level another piece later on.

I used to level a lot of pieces but as you said the cost is too high, so I'm very selective now in hopes that the return on my investment is good.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Well, I have the start of an auto W11 team going with TG, Sea Salt Bolognese, Angelica, and non-SC'd sub-50 Monty. Just wanted to give it a spin and didn't realize I was already there. 6*- ing Mont (plus getting her SC) and TG would definitely get it to be more consistent, just a matter of endlessly grinding now.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Daily pull got me CMerc.

Thanks, covenant ML pool.

Congrats! Crazy how well Era is doing with the dailies and getting ML units.

I think you can all thank me for my sacrifice to the RNG Gods by rage pulling and ending up with a Spez.

I got a dupe Wind Rider today, I'll take the powder haha.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks everyone. She's the one ML unit I've really wanted for a long time, so I'm going to put a lot in her.

I didn't know she had a self CR push, so now I think I can really do some damage in arena because I've been lucky enough with ML 4*s that I can do Celeste + Cdom + ALots + CMerc cleave. It should also be fairly adaptable for GW too.

Finally, this means I get to keep my Carmin, since I was thinking about trading her for CMerc.

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Basar on my daily pull, pretty happy with that when i see the buffs coming. I'm working on SC Montromancy, once i done it can i use her as a tank for wyverns ?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Ignorance is a bliss.

Now that I play more Arena and realize that it all just comes down to who is faster at the beginning in 99% of the battles this shut git even more tedious.

Coupled with the constant lack of ressources as in money.....this isn't really fun.

I really like pretty much everything about the game in terms of story and character designs but I don't think I'm build for the endless grind and constant lack of ressources.

So yeah unless the go crazy this Anni and really make it possible to amass alot of money and other ressources I'll probably have to give this one up.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Are you two saying dont play it or dont invest to much time in it?

If you can get a decent arena team with speeds around 150+ its still worth doing it casually for the weekly skystone pay out if your f2p. I'm in masters and the 600-800 skystones is worth the effort. Clearing NPC challenge has got to be worth around 200 skystones weekly.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Are you two saying dont play it or dont invest to much time in it?

If you can get a decent arena team with speeds around 150+ its still worth doing it casually for the weekly skystone pay out if your f2p. I'm in masters and the 600-800 skystones is worth the effort. Clearing NPC challenge has got to be worth around 200 skystones weekly.
I do NPC Arena, because why not. Free stuff.

I literally do not touch PVP until Sunday night, and that's only if I'm hovering around 4000. I'll refresh until I see a freebie team or two, and then not touch it until the next Sunday.

I would recommend trying hard to get to Gold/Master/Challenger, then just sit there and collect the free stones.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I sit at Challanger V and just do NPC battles.

I do like GW but would never let that ruin the game for me.

I still like the experimentation that comes with PvP otherwise grinding Hunts for the bajillionth time just gets old. I don't stress about winning or losing I just like the variability of the matches. Trying out Vivian right now and she's pretty fun in PvP.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I still like the experimentation that comes with PvP otherwise grinding Hunts for the bajillionth time just gets old. I don't stress about winning or losing I just like the variability of the matches. Trying out Vivian right now and she's pretty fun in PvP.

That's why I do enjoy GW. Also losing isnt as big as a demerit like Arena. Arena sucks big time.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Ignorance is a bliss.

Now that I play more Arena and realize that it all just comes down to who is faster at the beginning in 99% of the battles this shut git even more tedious.

Coupled with the constant lack of ressources as in money.....this isn't really fun.

I really like pretty much everything about the game in terms of story and character designs but I don't think I'm build for the endless grind and constant lack of ressources.

So yeah unless the go crazy this Anni and really make it possible to amass alot of money and other ressources I'll probably have to give this one up.
I can understand this. This is why I've minimised the number of units I use. I have my Wyvern team. I have my PvE team. And I have a couple of PvP heroes. That's it. I can barely manage to gear them, yet alone upgrade skills. It can be very disheartening at times, and I go through phases of frustration with this game. I mainly just focus on what I enjoy now. I haven't played in arena in maybe 2 months lol. I barely do labyrinth/raid because it's time consuming (but I'm trying to get more into it because of what you can get from it). Even though I'm struggling I love GvG. All the different teams, working with my guild mates to win. It's why I keep playing and it's what I look forward to each week.

I don't mind the grind either tbh because it's easy to do in the background. I click auto when I'm having breakfast, at the gym, cooking dinner etc. If the only way to obtain gear was to manually grind I would definitely have a quit a long time ago. But I find it easy to manage.

I think the game has so much to offer, from modes to characters, that ironically it's also the source of people's frustration. When you minimise the game a bit it becomes a lot more enjoyable.

Tldr: F arena lol

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's best to not worry too much about arena rank. Just get as far as you prefer, and then park there for the weekly rewards.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Can you be downgraded in rank if you build yourself up to a certain point and then stop facing opponents? If you just battle the NPC for the rewards there will you maintain your current rank still?

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Can you be downgraded in rank if you build yourself up to a certain point and then stop facing opponents? If you just battle the NPC for the rewards there will you maintain your current rank still?
You can get demoted if your defense team lose enough. Some players try to get demoted on purpose in order to climb back up gaining big win streak bonuses.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
No you will just stay at the lowest rank in whatever league your in. To clarify i meant defense team, if your defense team is attacked enough you will drop in rank.
Oh, I had no idea you lose points if you're attacked and defeated. That definitely complicates things then. I guess I'll keep at it and get a few wins in each week to (hopefully) maintain everything.

Thanks for the info!

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I'm pretty low effort in Arena. I can probably push into Challenger but that takes too much effort. At this point the skystones are nice but what I'd rather have is a dump of conquest points to get some charms and boost the gear I have sitting around and hope for some good rolls. There is also the arena equipment sets when the season kicks in again and the weekly mola. Arena is probably my least favourite part of the game just because it feels so forced and unrewarding unless you push it more actively..

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I've yet to actually play a PvP match (auto-conceded once when I misclicked in Arena). Still got enough BMs/Skystones to 121 pity summon Sea Salt Bolognese/Vivian, got both Karin/Sez swimsuits, and still have 151 BMs and 16,802 skystones for another pity summon if something enticing comes around as a F2P. My progression's obviously a lot slower, but it's not like I'm in a rush, and I also don't need to care about PvP gear since I only care about PvE. I treat this game as a side gacha anyway.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just climbing the ranks atm until I get somewhere comfortable so I can easily get the free skystones and PVP gear.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
You guys are right - though my goal wasn't to take PVP serious or anything but it just being a speed race is so .....boring.

My main issue is the overall lack of ressources and pretty much everything worthwhile in the game costing alit of money.....and we don't have alot of ways to make fast money outside of boarding for weeks - that's just not attractive.

Why even pull for units when do have money to get re-equip gear, level gear, awaken or skill them up ?
I can understand this. This is why I've minimised the number of units I use. I have my Wyvern team. I have my PvE team. And I have a couple of PvP heroes. That's it. I can barely manage to gear them, yet alone upgrade skills. It can be very disheartening at times, and I go through phases of frustration with this game. I mainly just focus on what I enjoy now. I haven't played in arena in maybe 2 months lol. I barely do labyrinth/raid because it's time consuming (but I'm trying to get more into it because of what you can get from it). Even though I'm struggling I love GvG. All the different teams, working with my guild mates to win. It's why I keep playing and it's what I look forward to each week.

I don't mind the grind either tbh because it's easy to do in the background. I click auto when I'm having breakfast, at the gym, cooking dinner etc. If the only way to obtain gear was to manually grind I would definitely have a quit a long time ago. But I find it easy to manage.

I think the game has so much to offer, from modes to characters, that ironically it's also the source of people's frustration. When you minimise the game a bit it becomes a lot more enjoyable.

Tldr: F arena lol

lol
You are right - it's easy to get drown in the things you don't like it's better to appreciate or spend time in the modes Ou actually enjoy.

As you mentioned....I ignored GW forever until like 2-3w ago ...and I enjoy that one much more than Arena. Nothing serious but if I can get a win or two for our squads thats a good feeling. And even with a loss we still get rewarded so it's all good.

Yeah F Arena lol.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Since I'm still completely new at this, some advice would be great, how's my current team?

Angelica
Kluri
Vivian
Cartuja

I got Kluri and Vivian early, heard mixed things about Vivian, but saw others say Kluri is great later on.

Other heroes I have

Taranor Guard (Was using til I got Cartuja)
Tieria
Alexa
Nemunas
jena
Adlay
Montmorancy
Hazel
Mucacha
Ras
Mercedes

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You guys are right - though my goal wasn't to take PVP serious or anything but it just being a speed race is so .....boring.

My main issue is the overall lack of ressources and pretty much everything worthwhile in the game costing alit of money.....and we don't have alot of ways to make fast money outside of boarding for weeks - that's just not attractive.

Why even pull for units when do have money to get re-equip gear, level gear, awaken or skill them up ?

lol
You are right - it's easy to get drown in the things you don't like it's better to appreciate or spend time in the modes Ou actually enjoy.

As you mentioned....I ignored GW forever until like 2-3w ago ...and I enjoy that one much more than Arena. Nothing serious but if I can get a win or two for our squads thats a good feeling. And even with a loss we still get rewarded so it's all good.

Yeah F Arena lol.

As long as Arena damages you over time I think it will always be a speed race.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Arena hasn't been a speed race for me in ages. I only ever run a second turn team.

However, I also happen to have all the necessary tools to make that second turn team successful: C. Armin, Kayron, multiple cleansing healers (literally all of them, in fact, except for Ruele), and immunity sets out the arse. I also have Elbris Charles & Charlotte and SS Bellona to build teams that literally cause the enemy to kill itself if it's built for speed and AoE. After a certain point, my best targets are the teams that are fast and squishy. Enemy teams without healers (unless they field three bruisers + C. Armin) also tend to be prime targets for me.

The worst are the ones that are just pure 100% stalling bullshit, because these teams basically require you to run a buff stripper or Iseria to kill anyone at all, and that means the 15% chance of effect failure is a fucking constant. I hate this game so much right now and a lot of it is down to this complete idiocy. Having arena matches entirely contingent on debuffs landing and then making sure they always have a chance to fail to land no matter what you do is... a very weird decision, to say the least. Small wonder people don't like to run ML Ara on offense (or at all, really).

Mio

Oct 16, 2018
Arena is a speed race at lower levels.

The higher you go, the tankier are the teams.

You see a lot of speed teams at lower levels because they can't survive above a certain score.

I can potentially guarantee a victory thanks to my lucky Dark Corvus pull in pvp, however each fight takes 5 to 10 minutes. It's a slog, but the only real answer to those C.Armin + ML Ceci + Ruele teams.

Foxmine

Aug 21, 2019
I really don't enjoy Halls of Trials. It feels tedious and I'm only doing it for the prizes. Think I'll do the bare minimum to get points and not bother working on different team variations trying to get a high score. Always hated survival mode in fighting games.

Damn I spent way too long away from this thread, but just went through it all. I agree COMPLETELY. I actually hate Hall of Trials. I didn't do it the first few days and just asked Schmoolian how he did his. Then proceeded to put a team of 4 together and just autod it. Pretty wack.

I sit at Challanger V and just do NPC battles.

I do like GW but would never let that ruin the game for me.

Haha this is exactly what I do nowadays. Every week or so ill try to push to like Challenger 2, but thats about as far as I can go because my defense will drop to like less than 20%. The amount of ML 5*'s teams are wild.

I have been enjoying arena recently bc of getting Seallona and Vivian. Been running Seallona, Vivian, Baiken and Dizzy against tanky comps and its been working pretty well. Arena just isn't even nearly as fun as GW. Def on the same board as what Alkez said; Its more fun to work with your guild to try to win. GW is honestly probably the only thing I enjoy right now in the game. Because everything else is just W11 :/

Foxmine

Aug 21, 2019
Arena is a speed race at lower levels.

The higher you go, the tankier are the teams.

You see a lot of speed teams at lower levels because they can't survive above a certain score.

I can potentially guarantee a victory thanks to my lucky Dark Corvus pull in pvp, however each fight takes 5 to 10 minutes. It's a slog, but the only real answer to those C.Armin + ML Ceci + Ruele teams.

I also think with Seallona and Baiken (and know even Vivian), if you can get those 3 set up before some of these tank teams, then that would work too. Thats how I try to beat those tank teams. I'm only in Challenger though so can't say anything about Champion and Master where I know that would probably not work. Oh and I mean if they just ran debuff immunity set's then yeah that counters that team. Does Iela Violet strip one person if its an AOE?

Foxmine

Aug 21, 2019
Since I'm still completely new at this, some advice would be great, how's my current team?

Angelica
Kluri
Vivian
Cartuja

I got Kluri and Vivian early, heard mixed things about Vivian, but saw others say Kluri is great later on.

Other heroes I have

Taranor Guard (Was using til I got Cartuja)
Tieria
Alexa
Nemunas
jena
Adlay
Montmorancy
Hazel
Mucacha
Ras
Mercedes

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish i guess? If you are talking strictly PVE, then that team looks pretty good. Anjelica is an amazing healer in general, Kluri just needs to get to lvl 50 so you can get the specialty change and she'll be insanely good.

Vivian is a great all around unit too. I think Vivian needs a lot of investment, but her kit in general is pretty good. AOE attack on S2 that can really do some damage if you time it well or it hits hard. S3 that buffs the whole team with two great buffs. and S1 that pushes herself. Her kit in general I personally think is pretty good.

I don't know much about regular Cartuja to be honest. I like Alexa a lot tho, she has good damage because of her poison stacks which helped me clear bosses at lower levels!

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Still working through the story, only on 5-6 so far, so mostly PvE for now.

Cartuja has Def down for 2 turns, passive that increases Readiness by 10% when attacked and an AoE that does Attack down.

Foxmine

Aug 21, 2019
Still working through the story, only on 5-6 so far, so mostly PvE for now.

Cartuja has Def down for 2 turns, passive that increases Readiness by 10% when attacked and an AoE that does Attack down.

That's pretty good. One thing I'd be worried about is fire units. You are going to miss a lot on them because you are using 3 greens! So that Taranor Guard and maybe Alexa (if you want) will come in handy there!

In terms of fire units Hazel is good when she also gets to 50 for her specialty change. She is a healer so that doesn't really help too much bc anjelica is far better at early levels and Hazel is pretty niche.

I think you have a pretty good start! If you want, feel free to add me (Foxmine) and ill add you back. You can use my supporter units to help clear stuff. My roommate did that when he first started.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
One thing to remember is that I'm missing essential Meta units like Dizzy or Baiken. If I had reached something like Challenger ages ago because things went really crazy with Dizzy, ML units and co and could just stay on that level with a couple of battles per week I would probably be happy as well.

Even climbing Master right now is not that easy, I feel people speaking in it just take take their impressions from a couple of months ago and expect things to be the same. Many of these guys have very fast Dizzys, SSB and ML units.. .

At the end of the day it's expected and natural that people who played the game for longer and invested more time will have the easier time to stay at the top.....but yeah, not always funny.
Arena hasn't been a speed race for me in ages. I only ever run a second turn team.

However, I also happen to have all the necessary tools to make that second turn team successful: C. Armin, Kayron, multiple cleansing healers (literally all of them, in fact, except for Ruele), and immunity sets out the arse. I also have Elbris Charles & Charlotte and SS Bellona to build teams that literally cause the enemy to kill itself if it's built for speed and AoE. After a certain point, my best targets are the teams that are fast and squishy. Enemy teams without healers (unless they field three bruisers + C. Armin) also tend to be prime targets for me.

The worst are the ones that are just pure 100% stalling bullshit, because these teams basically require you to run a buff stripper or Iseria to kill anyone at all, and that means the 15% chance of effect failure is a fucking constant. I hate this game so much right now and a lot of it is down to this complete idiocy. Having arena matches entirely contingent on debuffs landing and then making sure they always have a chance to fail to land no matter what you do is... a very weird decision, to say the least. Small wonder people don't like to run ML Ara on offense (or at all, really).
Your post got me thinking. Maybe I need to change my approach and not rely on the speed game more and create a team that is prepared to get hit by Dizzy and still operates.

Hmm....I pulled Destina but it will take a while until I get her on as useful level especially considering how slow she is compared to Dizzy.

My current cleave team consist of Roozid S3 -> Tywin S2 -> BBK burning S3 .....and Gloomyrain for the Speed Imprint as well as Tahel so I can burn the BBK S3.

I have Kayron and Charles....with so many blues out there I don't think I'll invest in Kayron anytime soon. But what does a general two turn PVP team look like ? A unit like Kayron that is invincible ?

Your post also made me realize that I never even bothered with immunity Gear....when one fast cleanser with immunity gear could be help me out against those fast Dizzys.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
and that means the 15% chance of effect failure is a fucking constant.
I understand why they put in that chance, so you're not completely locked down if you have less eff res, but man that 15% feels more like 50% I swear.
Maybe I need to change my approach and not rely on the speed game more and create a team that is prepared to get hit by Dizzy and still operates.
This is what I did for Guild Wars. I built a team specifically for comps with Dizzy. Rose, Ruele, DPS (hopefully Luna at some point). Rose and Ruele are on immunity. If Dizzy goes first only my dps gets hit, but I've ordered my speed so it goes in that order, meaning Ruele can cleanse my dps. And then my dps nukes whoever I feel needs to be taken out. Once you can get through that first turn Dizzy isn't really a problem for a while, and if their dps is already dead Dizzy can debuff me all she wants. I've been trying it in arena and it's been pretty good so far. Sealona is a whole nother issue though...

Status
Not open for further replies.