• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
After saving up for months and spending all of my 4.9k mystics, I got:
2 Iserias (both dupes)
3 ML Silks
2 Dominiels

Also 19 galaxy summons (95 bookmarks), got nothing of value. Still at 0 ML 5-stars.

That's it. I'm done. Bye bye game. Smilegate has made their stance on F2P players clear and I want no part of it anymore. I cannot, I CANNOT save up for 5 months and get fucking nothing and keep on keeping on like business as usual. Fuck that. If every time I have to login I have to see other players with ML Ravi and remember that I still don't have her after nearly five thousand mystic medals I'll have a fuckin' aneurysm.

You can defend this shit all you want to. It's all dumb bullshit. No one should be defending this crap. No one. And yet...

Yeah, whatever. You guys do what you want. Without me.
Still 30 days left on ML Ravi. Could still get her especially now since apparently you can get Mystics from secret shop. I already have Iseria so I'm waiting for her to get rotated out before I try.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to all my EpicEra guild mates. Pulls were crazy today.
i mean, you very much can blame the game for implementing gacha in the first place....cuz gacha very much so is trash
I wouldn't say gacha was implemented into the game. The game was built as a gacha game. It's different to say Overwatch adding loot boxes. Without gacha the game doesn't exist in the first place.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
14 more ML pulls and no 5* still, got W Schrui, W Silk, G Purgiss. Picked up my first Hurado.

So decided to pull 700 bookmarks, saw shiny purple, bubble text...Specimen Sez.

):

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got back 2725 mystics and 128 Galaxy marks(I already had 2 so 26 pulls). I haven't done mystic yet buy my ML pulls went well, like really well. So don't click the spoiler if you think it'll bother you.

NLGYt4w.jpg
  • Wanda(New)
  • C. Mercedes(New)
  • Pyllis
  • Gloomy Rain(new)
  • Elson
  • Celeste
  • SS. Achates
  • Axe God
  • Axe God
  • Otillie
  • Gunther
  • F. Ceci
  • Maid Chloe(New)
  • Arowell
  • Hurado
  • Gunther
  • Gloomy Rain
  • Requiemroar
  • Hurado
  • ML. Baal(New)
  • ML Rin
  • Gunther
  • Gunther
  • Axe God
  • Rikoris
  • Celeste
3 5*'s although Ceci was a dupe.
3 4*'s only Mercedes was new(Saves C.Armin from being traded, still 1/2 tempted to trade her for Mercedes for the Imprint but probably won't.)
4 Gunthers

I somehow got the same number of 5*'s as I did 4*'s and I got more gunthers than 4*s.

I have no idea on what to do with Baal. Overall I think I want Ravi or Ara more(mostly Ravi) so I think I'll have to level him just for the trade.

I feel really good about my pulls, I feel sad for those that weren't as lucky, and I have gear for literally no one.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
14 more ML pulls and no 5* still, got W Schrui, W Silk, G Purgiss. Picked up my first Hurado.

):

Sorry :(

I got ML Ken from Galaxy bookmarks and ML Coli. I'm more excited about ML Coli.

Also got Ravi within 1500 mystics and Wanderer Silk too.

I got enough 5* artifacts to max Infinity basket as well. Might keep for Kayron shenanigans.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I got ReqRoar from my MLs.

Also got SS Achates and Purrgis.

None of them I will use.

I did get Ravi after 900 Mystics, but I doubt I'll use her. I pulled for the memes.

Overall, this was whatever, because the biggest change for me (every banner having pity) wasn't felt today.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Got around 80 Galaxy bookmarks. Had an insane session.

Got a Dupe ML Vildred (yay a pick ticket)
Celestial Mercedes who I've wanted the most.
BB Karin
Dupe A Coli
Dupe ML Achates
Dupe Wanderer Silk

And a bunch of 3*.

Didnt burn my Mystics since I'm gonna save those for ML Luna.

Since I got ML Meru I can now keep my Carmin.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
No 5* from my haul, but got a few notable 4*s.

Aux Lots
CDom
Dupe G.Purrgis
W.Schuri

I'll probably build CDom since she goes well with Celeste. How does that combo go? Celeste + Cdom + cleaver?

):

Since I got ML Meru I can now keep my Carmin.
ooh, grats. I wanted ML Meru but didn't get her.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got ML Ravi in 5 mystics and absolutely nothing with 150 BMs. /shrug

There's been so many 5 star pulls from my guild that the whale gates have been finally opened. Arena and GvG are gonna suck.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
No offense, but this is gacha. RNG gonna RNG.
I know where you come from.
I quit SW after 1 year without a 5 star.
We all have our limits.
Don't blame the game, blame your luck.
Wtf kind of attitude is this?

Of course I'm gonna blame the game. They designed it this way. They could very easily have cut the pity in half and removed the non-ML 5-star and still made boatloads of money, but they decided to be mega-greedy about it instead.

The fact is, I'm quitting Epic Seven. I am not quitting Dragalia Lost (which I took a several-month hiatus from) or Girls' Frontline. There's a difference there. I wonder if Smilegate can figure it out. From how they've been treating their customers this whole time though, I really doubt it.
Still 30 days left on ML Ravi. Could still get her especially now since apparently you can get Mystics from secret shop. I already have Iseria so I'm waiting for her to get rotated out before I try.
Nah, not worth it. Every time I see a guild member with ML Ravi after I saved up for 5 months and got nothing I get filled with a white-hot rage that could burn a fuckin' hole through my phone.

I don't play games to feel this way.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Continued the rage and pulled bookmarks from SSS imprints, got Kayron. Hunger was not satisfied, pulled Mystic Medals and got A Ravi. Hooray! Took about 2000 mystic medals.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean this was a whale patch, regardless of what everyone else wanted to think. Today's results pretty much confirm it.

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf kind of attitude is this?

Of course I'm gonna blame the game. They designed it this way. They could very easily have cut the pity in half and removed the non-ML 5-star and still made boatloads of money, but they decided to be mega-greedy about it instead.

The fact is, I'm quitting Epic Seven. I am not quitting Dragalia Lost (which I took a several-month hiatus from) or Girls' Frontline. There's a difference there. I wonder if Smilegate can figure it out. From how they've been treating their customers this whole time though, I really doubt it.

Nah, not worth it. Every time I see a guild member with ML Ravi after I saved up for 5 months and got nothing I get filled with a white-hot rage that could burn a fuckin' hole through my phone.

I don't play games to feel this way.
I would at least just dump your entire pot of skystones in the convenant gacha and see how that goes before you quit.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Already dumped 1200 covenant bookmarks into it.

Armin, Dominiel, and Basar.

Yeah, nah. This ain't it, chief.

Well , maybe think long term? I think there will be other opportunities to get A. Ravi (and other released characters), just keep going and probably other opportunities will show up along the way

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I mean this was a whale patch, regardless of what everyone else wanted to think. Today's results pretty much confirm it.

I still like the move of ML units to covenant summons. I had way too many bookmarks so being able to burn them at a chance for a ML 5* or 4* is big for me. I whiffed again on ML bookmarks to the tune of 44 pulls now. Having another pool opportunity at least landed me one, although it was Spez, I'm happy it's there.

Sure I was lucky but I've also been extremely unlucky in ML so having anything to increase my odds without having to spend money was nice. I imagine I'll pull some 4* ML through the daily throughout the year too.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I still like the move of ML units to covenant summons. I had way too many bookmarks so being able to burn them at a chance for a ML 5* or 4* is big for me. I whiffed again on ML bookmarks to the tune of 44 pulls now. Having another pool opportunity at least landed me one, although it was Spez, I'm happy it's there.

Sure I was lucky but I've also been extremely unlucky in ML so having anything to increase my odds without having to spend money was nice. I imagine I'll pull some 4* ML through the daily throughout the year too.
I was inspired by your rage pulling earlier and put about a hundred bookmarks into the covenant summon.

Got G.Purrgis, so having them in that pool at all is still something.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Got a dupe shadow rose from the regular covnent summon pool; then got my first reg. Rose right after! what are the odds!?

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
120 galaxy and 2525 mystic from the refund, plus about 1400 mystic I had saved. I, uh, finally got my first Axe God. That's about it, really. 3 Alexa's Baskets, 1 Romann, 1 dupe Kitty Clarissa, and my first Assassin Cidd were the only other things of note.

Oh well, it's only justice I guess. Even the people who lucked out haven't caught up to me yet. Still stings a little seeing that huge horde of trash in my storage box.

In lighter news, Sea Bellona seems to have enabled me to kill Wyvern 11 much faster and she isn't even level 50 yet. So I'm rushing to promote her. No one has ever walked dogs as fast as my A.Vildred is walking them right now. Also pulled a bit more on Bellona's gacha and got another copy of her + her artifact. Finished off a gold transmit stone and got a Pyllis so nope, still on the bad streak there. It'll turn around probably.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Well , maybe think long term? I think there will be other opportunities to get A. Ravi (and other released characters), just keep going and probably other opportunities will show up along the way
I was thinking long-term. Do you think 5 months is too short a time to reasonably expect to be able to get a single character? Do you expect me to save up for twice that amount of time to get a guarantee? (Apparently that's what Smilegate thinks...)

I'm just going to quote this post from reddit:
the refund just made people realize how bad the gacha is, now people who still cant get ml5s will think: "how long before i can get same number of summons? 6 months? a year? only to get this again"

people say refund is generous, i mean it depends on the perspective. Compared to other players whales benefit the most and recent f2p the least, so the gap just got even wider and it didnt benefit the majority of the player base in that sense

there is still no pity for ml so people just feel shittier of they got bad pulls

i go on the chinese board and half of them are filled with players/guilds leaving

the game is not in a good state
This part in particular: "how long before i can get same number of summons? 6 months? a year? only to get this again"

Like... dude. That's soul-crushing. Thinking about saving up for another 5 months or more, just to get nothing, just to pity break on ONE banner, the ONE banner that you'll get to pity break on for that ENTIRE YEAR?

Cygames is way smarter about this. Throwing tons and tons of currency at you, giving you myriad opportunities to roll, such that even with their arse rates you rarely get the chance to stop and think "yeah, I got fucked and it'll take me six months to get back to where I used to be". Granted, the pity system required a serious fiasco to happen before it was implemented, but it's still better (requiring around 6 months of F2P saving, and giving you a selector for that banner) than the mystic shit that Smilegate is peddling (which requires around 10 months of F2P saving, while in a guild at the highest reward bracket, and only gives you whatever character happens to be the focus of that banner).

And that's not even going into collector games that sell skins and furniture and stuff instead, where getting every character is expected as a matter of course, as in Girls' Frontline.

I just have my expectations calibrated towards games that don't show contempt towards a majority of the player base. It's not my fault that I don't suck up everything that Smilegate throws at us.

Mio

Oct 16, 2018
We still don't have enough data gathered, but according to a Reddit user, the Mystic Bookmarks in the secret shop appear on a 2% chance, while the Covenant Bookmarks appear on a 4% chance.

If those numbers are not flawed, you can expect out of 1000 Skystones and 4 million gold spent in refreshes:

65 Covenant Bookmarks (13 pulls), 350 Mystic Bookmarks (7 pulls).

So if you don't mind slowing your gearing progress (Gold = progress), you can potentially convert those Skystones in Mystic Pity + a lot of bookmarks for regular banners.

Assuming the Mystic Bookmarks data is correct:

1. You can expect as f2p about 1000 skystones (if not more) weekly from login, PVP rewards, etc...
2. You can expect as f2p in a competent guild about 150 mystics per week from Guild War.
3. You can expect as f2p about 50 more mystics from Hunts rewards.

If 1000 skystones = 350 mystics
You can expect a total of 550 Mystics per week (11 pulls)
To reach 10.000 Mystics this way, so with 0 purchases, you need 18 weeks. (4 months and half).

Considering you can target the unit you want rather than have it randomly given to you, this is not terribly bad. It's at least definitely better than what we had before.

My refund experience was bad as expected. I had about 150 Galaxy Bookmarks being refunded.
I found 27 times 3* heroes and 3 times 4* heroes (all dupes and I still miss many).

I'm not even upset because I honestly didn't expect anything from it. I knew somebody would be super lucky and most of us would be unlucky.

I was ready to whale for ML Ravi (between the Mystic refunds and my gacha budget I had potentially enough to hit the pity).

I was "lucky" though and pulled her within 3500 mystics.

Overall, I think releasing this huge amount of Galaxy Bookmarks will cause a lot of emotions, especially from people that didn't find anything and see everybody else getting multiple heroes they wanted.
It was/it's a dangerous move on their part.

In retrospect, giving the whole community a guaranteed reward would have been better imho.

The new Mystic system though, now that we kind of know the Mystics in the Secret Shop are not as rare as I thought, can let f2p players and low spender plan ahead very well.

The new ML heroes being every 8 weeks instead of 4 also helps accumulating resources.

Mystics is definitely the way to go to get those special units and Galaxy is a bonus you shouldn't rely on.

Let's see what will be the whole community reaction, especially Korea, and let's see what happens next.

Overall, my most welcomed change is and still is the Pity on all the Covenant Banners. That alone makes me enjoy the game 1000 times more.

PS: ML Ravi is interesting but she's doesn't feel a meta changing unit to me. I still feel Fire Ken is the superior HP based bruiser. I hope to be proven wrong.

Last edited:

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
I only got 20 Galaxy Bookmarks and 200 mystics, i got Challenger Dominiel so i'm satisfied since i didn't expected anything.
Still have to farm the promote material and her build (Crit/Destruction i guess)

Congrats to everyone who pulled nice things and sorry for the ones who didn't got lucky.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So.. when are we actually getting the Summer Sez skin because the event is nearly over

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
reading some of these refund stories on reddit...makes me look like I made out like a bandit!! which pales in comparison t some of the units my guildmates got!

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Got back around 1700 mystics and 60ish galaxy bookmarks, I got several ML units I didn't have yet, so that's good from a collection perspective, no 5* though but that was expected

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Woke up today to see 95 galaxy BM and 1400 Mystic BM in my mailbox. Immediately used the galaxy ones. No 5*, but I finally got Shadow Rose and Doris, so I'm not disppointed.
Then I did the mystic ones, excepting nothing but crap. And when I had only 100 or so left, A. Ravi appeared. Nice. She's now part of my select group of good 5* and 4* heroes I'll never actually get to use because I don't have the gear to spare.

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017
Got 85 galaxies and 2000+ mystics.

Galaxies I got C. Dom, BBK, and C. Armin so I guess I can't complain. The rest were 3* dupes.

Mystics I got Iseria and a ton of 4*s for some reason.

Overall decent haul but don't have gear for them all like many others

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Got 3k mystics, 140 or so galaxy.

Ml Ravi
Blingo x2
Blood Karen
ACidd
Fighter Maya

Whole lotta dupes.
Still have 1300 mystics. Not sure if I want to pull for zerato/Iseria or wait.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
First of - congrats to everyone that had realistic expectations and managed to get a couple of new useful units.

Only got around 30 BM on my old Diene account and they all resulted into 3* dupes lol. I was already debating if i should drop this one to go all in on my newer one and this sealed the deal.

I got ReqRoar from my MLs.

Also got SS Achates and Purrgis.

None of them I will use.

I did get Ravi after 900 Mystics, but I doubt I'll use her. I pulled for the memes.

Overall, this was whatever, because the biggest change for me (every banner having pity) wasn't felt today.

Imagine pulling Requimroar and not using her...couldnt be me.
just started, add me if you have space pls

aUC76Chr.jpg

Welcome to the game - gonna add you...or at least try to heh.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Last night was seriously crazy. Rokuren popping off with the triple ML 5*. lt519 rage pulling with insane success. Grim coming up big at the end as well. Our guild seemed to do really well, so congrats to everyone in EpicEra. I was honestly more excited for my guild mates than my own haha. I personally love seeing people's success stories, and when they're my comrades I find myself actively rooting for them. Ended up going to bed at like 3am due to following all the craziness and just generally chatting in the guild chat.

I was very fortunate last night and managed to get Shadow Rose, a hero I've wanted since the beginning. Love her design and utility. Really pleased that her, and soon A Coli, the two heroes I wanted when I first started, are now mine.

I also managed to get
Specter Tenebria
Really really pleased (and grateful). Love her design too and is exactly the kind of hero I'm looking for in Guild Wars. Tested her at Lv.40 against some bulky teams and I was impressed with her damage so I think I'm going to invest in her skills. Right now I'm planning to pair her with Fluri for the double debuff, one of which is defence break, but not sure who the third should be. Probably a healer would be best.
just started, add me if you have space pls

aUC76Chr.jpg
Sent you a request. Alkez in game
First of - congrats to everyone that had realistic expectations and managed to get a couple of new useful units.
This made me chuckle.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Last night was seriously crazy. Rokuren popping off with the triple ML 5*. lt519 rage pulling with insane success. Grim coming up big at the end as well. Our guild seemed to do really well, so congrats to everyone in EpicEra. I was honestly more excited for my guild mates than my own haha. I personally love seeing people's success stories, and when they're my comrades I find myself actively rooting for them. Ended up going to bed at like 3am due to following all the craziness and just generally chatting in the guild chat.

Haha yeah it was silly but a lot of fun with the guild. I still can't believe I pulled until my first 5* ML and it was Spez. Talk about a gut punch.

Getting Ravi after made up for it and I picked up a couple cool units already the way.

I have so many 3* to level for the SSS imprints lol.

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
Yea I dont think it's unrealistic to have expected to get a ml5 with the amount of resources that some people spent. I know I would've been mad salty if I didn't end up pulling an ml5 yesterday since I have been playing almost since launch. I think 200 summons to get a ML5 is rediculous especially since mystic bookmarks are way harder to get than covenants, you can be playing for months and not get enough for pity

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I'm just going to quote this post from reddit:

This is a fascinating read for me. Since I'm really low effort and and had very little expectations I'm already satisfied but this reddit post definitely highlights some of the problems the games' systems have. The way it rewards those who spends the most and extends the gap between them and f2pers like myself is only going to make the game less enjoyable for everyone I think.

I still can't believe I pulled until my first 5* ML and it was Spez. Talk about a gut punch.
This was me a few days ago. I feel like even if they buffed him it doesn't change the fact that we would have a ML5* sitting here useless for some degree of time where as some of the other ML even if not broken could be great for different set ups or have at least worth considering. I have 4 watcher Schuris and I just don't need a kit like Spec Sez's.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Got refunded 2350 mystics and 87 galaxy bookmarks.

Pulled Iseria 5 pulls into mystics... lost the coin toss again.... would've been fantastic to pull Ravi at the point and save 2000+ mystics for the next 5 star ML unit but it wasn't meant to be.

My 17 ML pulls gave me some decent stuff....

Got my first ML Lots 3rd pull in and a dupe Watcher Schuri right after.

Everything else was 3 stars (first Hurado, finally) and near the end I pulled ML Ara.

Not sure if I can trade this one in (read after refund doesn't count???) but if I can I'll turn her into Judge Kise, if I can't I'm still happy with ML Ara no doubt.

Think I'll keep my Armin since I pulled ML Lots as well... especially if I can turn Ara into Judge Kise.

I was inspired by your rage pulling earlier and put about a hundred bookmarks into the covenant summon.

Got G.Purrgis, so having them in that pool at all is still something.

A couple months back I had excess skystones to burn so I bought the 50 bookmark pack and pulled on covenant, didn't want to get a dupe or I didn't fancy the character on banner... I ended up with Haste in those pulls, next day did the same thing and got Chloe..... (smilegate buffs please)

They're both still level 5 but sometimes it pays off to summon on the general banner if you don't fancy the banner one..... and it's even better now.. and if you're lazy to farm you can get some 3 star fodder for quicker leveling.

This is a fascinating read for me. Since I'm really low effort and and had very little expectations I'm already satisfied but this reddit post definitely highlights some of the problems the games' systems have. The way it rewards those who spends the most and extends the gap between them and f2pers like myself is only going to make the game less enjoyable for everyone I think.

Every gatcha game (especially with PVP) rewards people who spend more.

My support setup for Fate Grand Order right now has limit broken Event CE's on every slot, none of them being store CEs, 3 of them being 5 star gatcha CEs.... I can farm that event a shit load quicker than a F2P player. (I sunk a lot of money into the newest banner, way too much... no Maid Alter... but NP5 Raikou lancer....)

Meanwhile I'm F2P in Dragalia Lost and I couldn't pull Gala Cleo who's stupid strong and people who spend/saved more can.

Last edited:

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
89 ML tokens and 3k Mystic marks and all I really have to show for it is Cele. Mercedes.

Fallen Cece or SB Aram would've been delightful. Now I'm convinced that I have to build up either her Mercedes or the bajillion Tenebrias the game has thrown at me. Mages for days 😪

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Every gatcha game (especially with PVP) rewards people who spend more.

Sure, I get this somewhat, you want to protect your income as well but I feel like the rift between shouldn't be expanding like what is described. Especially when the point of these reimbursements are to address issues players had with the game. I think using other games as an example is also somewhat silly because the rates, balance and systems within each game are all different so your experience isn't necessarily all about your pulls either. Rather than focusing on what other games are doing and getting away with we should be looking at what is wrong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.