• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Having two accounts between Global and EU was too overwhelming for me, even though i only logged in on the Global for the last two weeks. My EU account was much better anyway(Bellona,C.Dom, Luluca, Tammi etc.), so i decided to delete the Global account so i could just fully focus on EU without being tempted to login and keep the other one going as well.

So i was logged in on my Global account - klicked on "Delete Account".....welp....

Turns out this didnt just delete the Global account...but everything including my EU one.

Erm...yeah. Ive been happier.
Ah damn, sorry to hear that man. I saw Mango made a video about it when EU first launched. I was tempted to try EU for a bit considering it's my own region but this put me off. So stupid how unclear it is.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or is this side story a bit easier? I can do hell with 2 fodders, but last event I couldn't even do it with 1. Nothing has particularly changed on my side of things though.
Is hell difficulty stamina/exp efficient? I read normal difficulty is the way to go to level up fodder.

Last edited:

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Is A.Coli's buff bad? I don't have her geared so I don't know how easy it is to make her oneshot people. Or how common oneshots even are in higher level PvP/guild wars.

I guess this change is bad if AColi is good at oneshotting people, and good if she isn't?
Because Coli gets an automatic attack boost at the start of every turn, and her damage is partially done on speed, a maxed S3 could do a lot of damage. More specifically, she could one shot Baal because of elemental advantage (all dependent on gear ofc), while pretty much always going first, and then silencing the team. Now she needs effectiveness and a dispeller when she just needed a speed crit build before and was an independent hero.

What I want to know is if they were saying her pick rate is low amongst the people who have her, or just low in general. Because from my experience not a lot of people do actually own her. It should be the former but it was never very clear.
Alright

Is hell difficulty stamina/exp efficient? I read normal difficulty is the way to go to level up fodder.
I'm not sure about how efficient it is in that regard, but it's more efficient for shop currency, and takes less irl time which is the most important factor for me personally.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a guild with open spots? I'm still building teams and leveling and stuff but I don't have a guild. I'm rank 49. Only 6 star is Vildred but I should have Dizzy at 6 star tonight. Still unsure of the best way to do some things in this game but I'm getting the hang of it

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Against my better judgement, since I know the accessory crafting is coming, I spent over 500 wyvern claws and 4 million gold leveling up speed gear with speed sub stats hoping for some good rolls.

Ended up with a 15 Speed legendary weapon. Pricey, but it pushes my Roozid to 235 speed which seems to now be roasting everyone in Challenger. I've got it tuned where he pushes Baiken and Dizzy to the front and Baikens S2 pushes Luna to the front. So I can wipe out two targets usually, especially with Luna's rage set following a Dizzy S3.

But the hunt for speed gear continues. I'm at the point where Blue gear with speed isn't worth rolling, even Legendary is sketchy unless it starts with 4 speed.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I tried to get Tywin but got a Yufine. Her kit seems really useful and I have some halfway decent gear for her but I am still so disappointed. 😿

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I was doing some reading, and apparently the third check for which heroes the AI targets (after elemental advantage and HP percentage) is when you received the hero. Does anyone know if that is still the case? Kind of annoying as it means there's certain combinations of heroes I just cannot use. I figured positioning would be the third check.

Also is there a cap for Leifs? I'm almost at 100.
I tried to get Tywin but got a Yufine. Her kit seems really useful and I have some halfway decent gear for her but I am still so disappointed. 😿
Yeah it's hard not to feel disappointed when you get a spook, even if it is a good hero.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Yeah it's hard not to feel disappointed when you get a spook, even if it is a good hero.

My last three 5* including my freebie from season 2 are all greens and none of them are actually ones I really wanted.
Destina, got her in the first pull of her banner, mostly on a whim...
Violet, complained about him on discord so of course I'll get him for my free 5* pull.
Yufine, trying to pull Tywin.
I did want more green heroes because I was mostly fire heavy before but I was really hoping for, well, pretty much any of the other green 5*s. Mostly Vildred, Bell and Charles. Ludwig would have been nice too since I have Achates and CArmin. The game has a desire sensor though and will just give you salt. My team roster is pretty warrior heavy at the moment.
🧂

Gohlad

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I was doing some reading, and apparently the third check for which heroes the AI targets (after elemental advantage and HP percentage) is when you received the hero. Does anyone know if that is still the case? Kind of annoying as it means there's certain combinations of heroes I just cannot use. I figured positioning would be the third check.

Also is there a cap for Leifs? I'm almost at 100.

I think the AI targeting your heroes based on when you got them was fixed by Smilegate, because it caused a huge outrage when people noticed that this was the case. So I don't think it applies anymore.

Also Leifs don't have a cap, or at least I haven't reached it yet, and I almost got to 200 Leifs, so you shouldn't worry.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Is Tywin really good?
Depends what you mean but generally speaking, no. He is good but not essential by any means. I can definitely work with his kit and I think he is a very strong offensive tank hero who also looks really good. He won't be soloing PvE content or very good at walking dogs I don't think. Some people have him as part of their PvP cleave.

I think most heroes that aren't OP or borderline OP tend to have some use but it also depends on who else you have to work with. In my case I don't have too many tanks built and having one that can aoe def break at 100% chance (still subject to res/effectiveness/immunty etc) is pretty nice. I also don't have a lot of buffers so while his S2 buff is only for himself and a single ally it is still attractive to me. Dispelling buff (his S1) is something I've been struggling with outside of Dizzy with Violin so this was also somewhat attractive though I guess in this area Yufine is better. 😒

You can check out Tywin and other heroes here: https://epic7x.com/character/tywin/

I have put 150ish bookmarks into Tywin banner. Not sure if I should stop or just keep throwing every 5 bookmarks I get at it. I still have saved stash of skystones for a pity if a limited banner comes up but I've been reckless with stray bookmarks lately.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I put around 370 BM into the Tywin banner. At least finally got a Dingo, so there's that I guess.
(Only 4* I'm still missing now is Lots, so the game gave me 2x Aux Lots to tease me instead.)

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got Tywin on my first pull on the banner. Cool i guess, i can wait for the next banner.

I'm around 38~48 with some of my characters, but i think i should really focus on 2-3 of them, equipment and promotion wise. I'm looking for some advice on which ones should be my priority between :
- Destina, Luluca, Tywin, Ravi, Baal & Sezan, Vildred, Lorina (She's level 42, not commander yet), Carmainerose, Hazel, Kiris

The goal is to be able to farm / walk with the dogs pretty quickly, so i can get some gear and snowball my way into the serious business.

Thanks !

Last edited:

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
Got Tywin on my first pull on the banner. Cool i guess, i can wait for the next banner.

I'm around 38~48 with some of my characters, but i think i should really focus on 2-3 of them, equipment and promotion wise. I'm looking for some advice on which ones should be my priority between :
- Destina, Luluca, Tywin, Ravi, Baal & Sezan, Vildred, Lorina (She's level 42, not commander yet), Carmainerose, Hazel, Kiris

The goal is to be able to farm / walk with the dogs pretty quickly, so i can get some gear and snowball my way into the serious business.

Thanks !

Ravi, Tywin and B&S can get you through Wyvern 1-10. Tywin can contine to be your tank for W11, but you'll want more ice heroes to complete that hunt. Vildred is the best dog walker in the game. When you get good enough gear he can do it all by himself.

Destina isn't the best healer, but she should be good enough to get you through the mid game. You'll probably want to invest into a Montmorancy (for spec change) or even Aither for W11. The rest of your listed heroes are very good but have niche roles beyond the mid game.

So, if you want to prioritize three, I'd pick Vildred, Tywin and a healer. Ravi and B&S after that. Kiris if you need to cheese through some Abyss floors.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Shame there is no replay function for arena defense battles. I would loved to have seen how my team managed to beat this:
S9YXBufh.jpg
My team is level 60 Baiken, Dizzy and Sol with a level 50 Lidica. Dizzy is very badly geared, Sol and Lidica are so-so

Last edited:

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way to prioritize 6 stars?

I have 6 star Vildred and Dizzy

5 star
Luluca
Ken
Tywin
Ravi
Cecilia
Violet
Basar
Cidd

And I have most regular 4 and 3 stars except of course Angelica. I have a level 40 Achates I have been using.

I'm really just grinding fodder for 6 stars and not much else at this point except daily arena, abyss, and labyrinth.

How should I prioritize what to 5 or 6 star and what else should I be doing?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Was about to start a new game today since i killed my account. Initially i logged in with my old facebook account and not Google Play. Was surprised to see that my a couple of month old alt account was still tied to that fb-account.

While this one was quite neglected....freaking Diene and Requimroar are on it - the two units i missed the most lol.
Think im gonna just continue on this Global one then - Diene was the main reason for EU for many to begin with.

Now to get this one back on track. Sadly i lost my spot on EpicEra....any other Era (Global) guild with free spot available ?
Damn. That's awful.

Is there a way to recover your EU account? Does the game's tech support do that?
I actually didnt think of contacing the support.
But looking at some other situation it doesnt seem like the support could or would help me.
Ah damn, sorry to hear that man. I saw Mango made a video about it when EU first launched. I was tempted to try EU for a bit considering it's my own region but this put me off. So stupid how unclear it is.
I only blame myself tbh - its not that unclear and actually makes sense if you think about. Anyway i should read up more, before doing any account deleting stuff in the future. Things differ from service to service so its better to be prepared.

e7 account system and options is actually one of the better ones out there.

5 star
Luluca
Ken
Tywin
Ravi
Cecilia
Violet
Basar
Cidd

And I have most regular 4 and 3 stars except of course Angelica. I have a level 40 Achates I have been using.

I'm really just grinding fodder for 6 stars and not much else at this point except daily arena, abyss, and labyrinth.

Ken in general is likely the best of those units and a safe bet a 6* option - he will be worth it sooner or later. If your goal is Wyvern you might wanna invest into Tywin and a Blue DPS - dont know if Dizzy + Tywin can handle W11 without Angelica.

Probably best to figure out what kind of content you wanna clear and what unit would provide the most assistance. Ken is a Top 3 unit in the game, so you cant go wrong with him....if you arent sure its okay to keep waiting util you pull a unit you wanna 6* asap.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was about to start a new game today since i killed my account. Initially i logged in with my old facebook account and not Google Play. Was surprised to see that my a couple of month old alt account was still tied to that fb-account.

While this one was quite neglected....freaking Diene and Requimroar are on it - the two units i missed the most lol.
Think im gonna just continue on this Global one then - Diene was the main reason for EU for many to begin with.

Now to get this one back on track. Sadly i lost my spot on EpicEra....any other Era (Global) guild with free spot available ?

But looking at some other situation it doesnt seem like the support could or would help me.
I only blame myself tbh - its not that unclear and actually makes sense if you think about. Anyway i should read up more, before doing any account deleting stuff in the future. Things differ from service to service so its better to be prepared.

Ken in general is likely the best of those units and a safe bet a 6* option - he will be worth it sooner or later. If your goal is Wyvern you might wanna invest into Tywin and a Blue DPS - dont know if Dizzy + Tywin can handle W11 without Angelica.

Probably best to figure out what kind of content you wanna clear and what unit would provide the most assistance. Ken is a Top 3 unit in the game, so you cant go wrong with him....if you arent sure its okay to keep waiting util you pull a unit you wanna 6* asap.

Cool that's helpful. I know I need to settle on a healer and get her up since healing seems based on the casters hp pool. I don't want to waste too much resources on Achates but I feel like Angelica just doesn't want to come home.

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Guys...I'm looking for a gacha game, of course, everyone talks about Epic Seven!
What can I expect from this game?
My main concerns are, how bad are the rates, are they generous with the currency they give out, is there reroll and if I should wait for a "banner" to reroll and last but not least how is the end game content?

One thing I saw is the "Limited timed characters" not really a huge fan since F2P need to hoard more which means skipping on units that we will never see again, but hows the game other than that?
Thanks!

Last edited:

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Guys...I'm looking for a gacha game, of course, everyone talks about Epic Seven!
My main concerns are, how bad are the rates, are they generous with the currency they give out, is there reroll and if I should wait for a "banner" to reroll and last but not least how is the end game content?

One thing I saw is the "Limited timed characters" not really a huge fan since F2P need to hoard more which means skipping on units that we will never see again, but hows the game other than that?
Thanks!

Outside of gacha rates I think it's really fun and the art and animation are top notch which makes it even better.

The gacha rates are some of the worst I've ever seen. What makes it worse is that artifacts at whatever star have higher rates than heroes so you can get shit luck like I did yesterday and out of 150 bookmarks every single 4 star and the 1 5 star I got were artifacts.

I still think it's a great game and the selective summon you get after 1-10 is great to ensure you can start with some good pulls.

Be mindful I have only played like a month so I'm not sure how mid-game/end-game is.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of gacha rates I think it's really fun and the art and animation are top notch which makes it even better.

The gacha rates are some of the worst I've ever seen. What makes it worse is that artifacts at whatever star have higher rates than heroes so you can get shit luck like I did yesterday and out of 150 bookmarks every single 4 star and the 1 5 star I got were artifacts.

I still think it's a great game and the selective summon you get after 1-10 is great to ensure you can start with some good pulls.

Be mindful I have only played like a month so I'm not sure how mid-game/end-game is.

I'll contradict you here. Out of the Gacha games I've played I much prefer Epic Seven and it's pity system. But I have incredible patience with these games.

I think limited banners make up for the poor rates and the generous amounts of free currency allow you to save up for guarantees. Basically any limited banner unit has been very high tier and if you save currency you can guarantee pull them which there aren't many Gacha games out there that do that.

I'm entirely F2P and have over 1200 bookmarks and 13000 skystones saved and I've been playing since January. That's good for three limited banner summons guaranteed.

If you chase every rate up banner the odds are awful. I dumped over 600 bookmarks into the Ken banner and didn't get him.

That and the 4* and 3* pool is actually really useful, so poor rates aside you can still handle most content with 4*, limited units. and good gear if you have bad luck.

On the flip side the top 5000 PvP scene is heavily revolving around ML units which are entirely whale tier or having a really really lucky account. But you can still be somewhat competitive. Right now I'm sitting at 4300 overall and that's with a Roozid/Dizzy/Luna/Baiken team which is a 3* and all limited units that everyone knew to save for.

What new players really need to be aware of is the gear grind and fodder grind at end game. It is a very very heavy RNG grind for gear, I have more high tier units than I can gear up to be useful.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017

150 bookmarks is nothing. That's 30 summons, and the game gives out a stupid number of summons. Plus the daily. Plus the pity system.

The only thing about the gacha that sucks is the ML system. Everything else actually makes it one of the more generous gacha games (outside of collector games like Girls Frontline).

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest

Thanks!

I think the gacha rate is average/decent compared to what I've played. Ultimately still RNG which means you could have incredible bad streaks or be like Mupod leaving a trail of salt for all of us here. The game is relatively generous with currency for pulls and there are a surprising amount of 3* and 4* that are quite strong when invested, especially for PvE. This is in terms of standard banners and characters. The moonlight/mystic ones are awful but also contain that tiny chance for some of the strongest and most broken characters.

In general I think the rates aren't particularly good but the some of the common characters are also incredibly useful or gamebreaking in some areas in ways that make regular 5*s dream. Kiris is still a common fall back for a lot of people trying to climb the Abyss floors and she is only 3*. Alexa is a strong candidate for early wyvern 11 dps. There are some others that are pretty great in their own fields.

Limited characters I suspect will make a comeback later. So far all the limited characters on a banner or side story event has been pretty good. Some of the smaller limited characters such as Zeno and Serila are less impressive but these were virtually free and didn't need to be pulled, only participating in the event enough. With limited banners they come with a pity drop at 121 pulls so some of us keep a stockpile in case a limited banner falls on us.

End game revolves around building a teams strong enough to get past tough challenges in Tower of Abyss, this also means dealing with gearing and the layers of RNG within that. There is also the raid dungeon, hell difficulty for this has recently been fully unlocked. There is a 100 floor Tower type challenge that resets every month that has been talked about but isn't released yet.
PvP side there is Arena and Guild Wars which has its own issues.
As a mostly f2per (I bought the cheap monthly pack once) I find I'm gated on other resources and have more heroes I want to build than I can actually get to. Heroes will come with time invested as will gear but trying to upgrade multiple heroes and gears to do all the content takes time.
Get a team to clear tough PvE content > Obtain RNG equipment > Upgrade equipment with more RNG > repeat for more or different characters/gears.

Re-rolling I think the recommended approach is to reroll using PC emulator running multiple instances to hit 1-10 where you get the selective summon (10 pulls with 30 resets if you don't like the selection). New players have a lot of currencies earned just playing through story etc. For a while people say you should roll for Angelica (4* healer) but with Angelic Montmomancy I'm not sure this is still as highly recommended.

I'll trade you lol. Tywin was one of the first 5* I pulled and have been desperately pulling for Yufine for weeks
If only this was possible lol.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
PvP in any gacha game is pretty whale-oriented when you try to be hyper-competitive, unless there's some restrictions in place. However, I think the PvE aspects of Epic 7 are decent (as someone who's played for about a month and a half so far). Free currency acquisition isn't bad, especially considering the free daily summon and the pity system for limited. Even though dupes can be used to strengthen heroes, they're fairly insignificant buffs compared to other gachas where you need multiple copies to even have a useful character, so you really only need to summon the hero once.

The biggest setback I potentially see for a new player is the sheer amount of mindless active grinding needed for farming adventure/side story stages. Spirit Altars and Hunts are whatever because once you have an auto team you're good to go for auto-grinding and just need to click try again once you're done. E7 is special though, in that to do optimal fodder/catalyst farming, you want to be constantly checking the screen even while auto-ing easy content to click on chests. Chests usually just contain a little bit of gold or trash gear, but because they can also have sky stones, bookmarks, and event currency, it's imperative to pay attention. In order to level up fodder for 6*-ing a hero after your first one, you're gonna need to do this for a fairly substantial amount of time.

However, if you're okay with this specific kind of grind, and have the time for it, I think E7 is a fine gacha. It can even be a positive point for some as a sorta mindless Diablo-esque grind activity to do as a good time-killer, since that's what most games are at the end of the day.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest setback I potentially see for a new player is the sheer amount of mindless active grinding needed for farming adventure/side story stages. Spirit Altars and Hunts are whatever because once you have an auto team you're good to go for auto-grinding and just need to click try again once you're done. E7 is special though, in that to do optimal fodder/catalyst farming, you want to be constantly checking the screen even while auto-ing easy content to click on chests. Chests usually just contain a little bit of gold or trash gear, but because they can also have sky stones, bookmarks, and event currency, it's imperative to pay attention. In order to level up fodder for 6*-ing a hero after your first one, you're gonna need to do this for a fairly substantial amount of time.

I don't pay attention to chests at all while farming. I usually do it while reading a book or watching sports. The skystones and bookmarks you get are too few and far between to be meaningful in the grand scheme. I'm not going to pay attention to my auto-battling for a few hours on the off chance to get 30 or something skystones throughout a night when the daily login quests are like 100 skystones total.

I do feel like I miss out on a good chunk of gold and gear fodder though. But I hardly think that level of commitment is even remotely required. The alternative is just being patient and letting currencies accumulate naturally which just takes a few more days.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
The auto-chest pet thing can't come soon enough.

The biggest setback I potentially see for a new player is the sheer amount of mindless active grinding

Heh, I'm pretty far in and this still holds true. Grinding dogs or AP? Got to keep setting the grind to start. Checking in on doggy levels now and then. Occasionally grabbing chests etc. Then there is the refilling of stamina either I munch leaves or I claim that massive stockpile of soon to be expired stamina events have been throwing at me.
Running event side story is sometimes worse.
Run not for more exp but less currency? Faster runs, faster need to reset, faster filling of inventory full of equipment fodder. Also more urgent missions it which is just more clicks to swap between places in the grind.
Go all in for currency? 30 stamina per run, not strong enough to field 3 fodders for leveling and need to refill stamina faster.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
For those who still have not gotten urgent missions since the episode 2 patch it apparently is because you have not done episode 2 1-1 yet.

also farming for epic catalyst is the definition of insanity.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I don't pay attention to chests at all while farming. I usually do it while reading a book or watching sports. The skystones and bookmarks you get are too few and far between to be meaningful in the grand scheme. I'm not going to pay attention to my auto-battling for a few hours on the off chance to get 30 or something skystones throughout a night when the daily login quests are like 100 skystones total.

I do feel like I miss out on a good chunk of gold and gear fodder though. But I hardly think that level of commitment is even remotely required. The alternative is just being patient and letting currencies accumulate naturally which just takes a few more days.

That's fair, but many folks don't play/prefer to play like that, especially those that pull more often. I personally want to hit 605 bookmarks before the next limited banner and not spend any skystones at all while playing this game, and every bookmark chest I pull helps with that. Beyond that though, I like being efficient with my stamina and dislike the feeling of missing out on free stuff, when also considering how big the gold gating in this game is in general. Even if it's not required, still doesn't sit right with me to just ignore them considering my playing habits.

Another factor is the event currency, especially for new players since they can't farm the higher difficulties as well as veterans can. Getting a chest with some inside can cut down on the grind a fair bit, since it essentially doubles the output of currency for a run.

The auto-chest pet thing can't come soon enough.

Heh, I'm pretty far in and this still holds true. Grinding dogs or AP? Got to keep setting the grind to start. Checking in on doggy levels now and then. Occasionally grabbing chests etc. Then there is the refilling of stamina either I munch leaves or I claim that massive stockpile of soon to be expired stamina events have been throwing at me.
Running event side story is sometimes worse.
Run not for more exp but less currency? Faster runs, faster need to reset, faster filling of inventory full of equipment fodder. Also more urgent missions it which is just more clicks to swap between places in the grind.
Go all in for currency? 30 stamina per run, not strong enough to field 3 fodders for leveling and need to refill stamina faster.

Full skipping stages is probably never happening, but is a faster game speed option or skipping S3 animations implausible?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Because Coli gets an automatic attack boost at the start of every turn, and her damage is partially done on speed, a maxed S3 could do a lot of damage. More specifically, she could one shot Baal because of elemental advantage (all dependent on gear ofc), while pretty much always going first, and then silencing the team. Now she needs effectiveness and a dispeller when she just needed a speed crit build before and was an independent hero.

What I want to know is if they were saying her pick rate is low amongst the people who have her, or just low in general. Because from my experience not a lot of people do actually own her. It should be the former but it was never very clear.
Well, that sucks. I'll probably still build her eventually, but she's such a distant priority that it could be months before I get around to it.

5 star
Luluca
Ken
Tywin
Ravi
Cecilia
Violet
Basar
Cidd

I'm pretty new, but I've been trying to prioritize my 6 starring for whoever can help me clear more PvE content, since higher-end content is how you get your best gear, the most money, and more Breaths of Orbis. So I'd target a game mode I want stronger characters for, and then try to promote based on that. I first got a team of 6* characters to make progress in World difficulty so that I could get more Breaths of Orbis, and now I'm working on building a W11 auto team, because that place is where some of the best gear drops.

Thanks!
I think I'm a few months in the game at this point, and still very much a newbie. I'm still feeling mixed about the game. It's a good mobile game, but I think I mostly play it for the convenience of being able to pull out my phone anytime and play for a few minutes while I'm busy with something else. I probably wouldn't play it if I had longer periods of uninterrupted time at a console or PC.

The main reason I like this game is how it looks. The game and engine are absolutely gorgeous. I love the art style, and the character animations all scream quality. That part is awesome.

The combat system is also pretty well designed, and can be surprisingly deep without being obnoxious about it. If you don't want to autobattle then there is definitely a lot of strategy that can be had there, both in PvE and PvP.

The main reason I dislike this game is its grind. It's absolutely the soul-destroying grindfest that Korean MMOs are stereotyped for. Leveling one hero to max level requires leveling like a hundred fodder pieces to unlock that hero's level cap to max, on top of actually leveling the hero yourself. And along the way, you also need to gear that hero, with gear that also needs to be leveled and upgraded with other gear fodder, with stat bonuses that are gated by layers of RNG. You could grind for a good piece of gear to drop for the slot that you want, only for that gear to not have the substats that you want. Or even if you get the substats that you want, that gear could improve the wrong substats as you upgrade it, rendering it less powerful than it should be after it gets upgraded (at great expense). There's a lot of layered RNG bullshit like that. In fact, leveling and gearing a single hero takes so much effort that it actively discourages me from pulling for new heroes, because I already have my hands full leveling and gearing the units I have. Every single hero you get is a weeks- or months-long project to level up and gear. That's how bad the grind is. Well, you can get a unit usable for easier content pretty fast, but you'll be looking to improve gear and raise its level cap for a long time.

Having said that, the game is quite auto-battle friendly. Its autobattle system is quite nice in that you can still order simple commands like focusing fire on a target, even with autobattle on. So while you can totally leave the game playing itself, there is still a middle ground between full auto and full manual, where you can benefit from looking at it every now and then and pressing a few buttons to get better results than full auto, whenever you feel like paying attention to it.

Basically between the grind and the art, I'd say it's a game that's good if you want something pretty to look at now and then while you're busy with something more substantial. I feel like I'd go nuts if I tried to play this game too seriously. I play it as something that I just poke at now and then throughout the day whenever I can't do anything more involved, and treat it like a side game.

Currency: The game is fairly generous with its premium currency, but its pull rates are awful. The saving grace is that limited characters work on a pity system so that if you pull fruitlessly enough times, you can get that character guaranteed, meaning that saving up a certain amount of premium currency can guarantee you a limited character. Takes about a month to save up that much. I don't think the same system applies to non-limited characters, but I'm not sure.

In addition to the normal pull rates being bad, there's a separate summon pool called "moonlight summons" that contain special characters you can't pull normally. Some of these characters are extremely strong and rare. I take issue with this pool because it's whale bait. It uses currency that is FAR rarer than regular currency (we're talking maybe 1-2 pulls a month without paying money), but the biggest kicker is that the rates from this pool are STILL awful. So you get maybe two pulls a month from this special pool, but still have like a 70%+ chance of getting trash from it. I really hate that.

Rerolls: The game is good with rerolls. It has a built-in reroll system where after the tutorial chapter, it lets you roll thirty times and choose one to keep going forward. And if you don't like any of those thirty, you can reset the game and try again. IIRC the reroll system does NOT require you to re-download the whole game every reroll. Note that the pull rates (or maybe my luck?) was so bad that I rerolled for like a week and a half and still never got anything I was happy with. I ended up just cutting my losses and picking up the one unit that everyone recommends (who I had seen at least a dozen times but originally wanted more), and went with that.

I can't say anything about endgame content because I'm not there yet.

Last edited:

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I think the AI targeting your heroes based on when you got them was fixed by Smilegate, because it caused a huge outrage when people noticed that this was the case. So I don't think it applies anymore.

Also Leifs don't have a cap, or at least I haven't reached it yet, and I almost got to 200 Leifs, so you shouldn't worry.
Kl thanks for the info.

Ayy, I'm glad there was a silver lining to all of this.
For those who still have not gotten urgent missions since the episode 2 patch it apparently is because you have not done episode 2 1-1 yet.

also farming for epic catalyst is the definition of insanity.
O really? I contacted support and they said there was absolutely nothing wrong with the urgent mission rate. Will have to try this. How did you find out?

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't notice the three gold transmit stone reward for the history side story. Pulled a bit on Tywin banner to get 6 stones and...dupe Doris. One day I'll bring home a 5*, one day.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
I can't wait till the 26th. I need better accessories badly. I need good health necklace and rings for my Angelica. And to level them up quickly with the automation tower.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Daily on my new (old) account was Schuri - sweet.
Finished the Adventure mode for another ML pull - Gunther. Not so sweet lol.

6*ed Sez on that account because he was the best available farmer.
Second 6* will be between Axe God, Kayron(have a dupe) and Ravi.
Ayy, I'm glad there was a silver lining to all of this.

Thanks - yeah thats at least something.
Joined some random guild for now until i get my shit together and will try to join a Era one in a couple of days.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
What are some of the more serious PvP players here ranked? I'm hitting new highs after going all in on my Roozid but my defense gets battered everytime I make headway in Challenger III. Like 8-10 losses when I wake up.

What makes a scary defense if I have no ML units for PvP? No Diene so I'm trying to scare people off with Roozid/Baiken/Angelica/Dizzy. Would people be more scared to match up against me if I replaced Angelica with Luna or added Mont instead of Roozid. Slap a Judith in there to make people think twice? At this point I'm at 10% defense rate and thinking lowering the number of people challenging with a faux defense might be more effective.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I finally managed to get into raiding and killed the first two bosses on normal. Tried the other two that I've unlocked, but failed both times because there are actual mechanics to think about. I think I'm supposed to tweak comps for both of them - I'm thinking Angie + Mont for the mass poison boss, and more AoE nukers for the AoE spawning one. I'll probably try those out next week.

The first raid boss dropped a pretty nice health ring that serves as a nice upgrade for Angie, though. Hopefully it grows well with upgrades.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I finally managed to get into raiding and killed the first two bosses on normal. Tried the other two that I've unlocked, but failed both times because there are actual mechanics to think about. I think I'm supposed to tweak comps for both of them - I'm thinking Angie + Mont for the mass poison boss, and more AoE nukers for the AoE spawning one. I'll probably try those out next week.

The first raid boss dropped a pretty nice health ring that serves as a nice upgrade for Angie, though. Hopefully it grows well with upgrades.
Once you defeat two bosses you should attempt the Queen. Defeating queen gives you key to hard raid which are harder to get.
For the bees having multiple healers with Joker or potion vial is fine. The key is to not debuff it when it is a single target. You can go all out when it splits.

Good luck!

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
So i need some input for the next following weeks - gave myself a limit of 5 pulls on the Tywin banner and got him on my 3rd.

Right now im at Abyss 45/Wyvern lvl 9 and need to start preparing for W11 in a month or so.

These are my available relevant Wyvern units.

Sez 6*
Diene 5*
Angelica 5*
Tywin 5*
Crozet 4*
Montmorancy 4*
Taranor Guard 4*
Alexa 4*

Is there anyway to build a W11 team with only having to 6* a single of these units ?
It seems like

Taranor Guard
Angelica
Alexa

make the core of most regular player teams - leaving only one more spot open. Is Diene still viable on that stage ? I dont have Rof for Angelica or Celestine for Diene. Shimadra Staff is my only 5* Soul Weaver Artifact. Is there anyway that Angelica could heal enough as a 5* or is the 6* essential ? If 6* is essential for her - is there a setup where she being the only 6* on that team can clear the stage ?

Depending on how many 6* i still need for Wywern i will decide if i 6* another water unit or go for one the folllowing instead that would help me out getting through Abyss.

Lorina SC
Axe God SC
Ravi
Kayron

Note, my only other 6* so far is Sez. Solid farmer but but his damage wont be reliable again green enemies or some tougher Abyss stages in general.

Lorina - top tier dps as far as i remember. Doesnt do much else though.
Axe God - solid DPS, def break, bleed/life steal. I really like his kit.
Ravi - havent used her much, but i like her Kit as well and she would be a help on Golem. Weak against blue enemies though.
Kayron - very good dps i think, good PvP unit. I also already have a dupe of him. Weak against blue enemies though.

I have Axe God in the lead right now, but only if he can somewhat compare as a DPS to the other option, especially against bosses/Abyss.

Did Ravi already get her buffs ? I remember a post about it some while ago. How does Axe God compare to Lorina just as DPS full maxed ?

So yeah i wouldnt mind some input for people who have been playing for a bit and have that Wyvern/Abyss experience.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
What are some of the more serious PvP players here ranked? I'm hitting new highs after going all in on my Roozid but my defense gets battered everytime I make headway in Challenger III. Like 8-10 losses when I wake up.

What makes a scary defense if I have no ML units for PvP? No Diene so I'm trying to scare people off with Roozid/Baiken/Angelica/Dizzy. Would people be more scared to match up against me if I replaced Angelica with Luna or added Mont instead of Roozid. Slap a Judith in there to make people think twice? At this point I'm at 10% defense rate and thinking lowering the number of people challenging with a faux defense might be more effective.

I hover around Champion IV now because everything is Dizzy+tank teams and I actually don't have time during the week to fight that shit. I just do NPCs then get to 5050 on the weekend.

I have been to Legend before though. Maybe if squishy cleave defense teams ever come back into style I can do it again. But people at this level don't just have one team anymore - it's rare that I have a defense loss to a team that they actually use as their defense these days. That's the big difference between now and a few months ago imo. I personally spread my gear and molas around a lot so it's always how I've played, but now there's many many people who have 10, if not 20-30 geared and skilled characters to counter your defenses.

Replacing Angelica with Luna could work if you're confident in your Dizzy+Roozid speeds, but right now I'd just assume every enemy team is running a fast Iela Violin Dizzy. A really high resist Montmorancy might be better than Angelica there.

Judith is only for when you've got a team that you're confident will one-shot the enemies. Running Judith+Roozid these days is asking for trouble since people know what Hurado does (and ML Baal is everywhere).

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Once you defeat two bosses you should attempt the Queen. Defeating queen gives you key to hard raid which are harder to get.
For the bees having multiple healers with Joker or potion vial is fine. The key is to not debuff it when it is a single target. You can go all out when it splits.

Good luck!
The Queen is open at two bosses? I could have sworn that door was still locked. I'll check again this week, thanks.

Yeah, it sucked to show up at the bees with Dizzy and Karin, then realize they can't really function under the mechanics.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
The Queen is open at two bosses? I could have sworn that door was still locked. I'll check again this week, thanks.

Yeah, it sucked to show up at the bees with Dizzy and Karin, then realize they can't really function under the mechanics.
The boss is immuned to Stun so you can still use Dizzy S1 and probably S2. For Karin you can also use S1 and S3.
I use Luna Sol and Ravi, had to swap out Ken because he has def break on S1 >_>
It can be a bit tricky to deal enough damage while not dying to constant poison. Luckily for me with my setup Ravi and Sol (Abyss lifesteal set) have their own sustain meaning my healer can focus on Luna. I'm thinking Monty might be better for this than Angelica.

Status
Not open for further replies.