• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not supposed to be able to get past world 2 in the expansion right? That's as far as the story goes at this point?

Maybe I missed something, but it's odd how the World 2 side stories assume I fixed something while in the main story I don't think I can do that yet.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I just love how Aramintha is basically Roy Mustang.

I'm thinking he'll be one of the antagonists in the future stories.

If Straze can mind-control people, he could do the same with Duren. He did vanish into a chaos gate after all if memory serves me right. I'd rather he be dead though. Not everyone has to come back alive, even in anime.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, what I've seen of the writing has been surprisingly good. I'm a bit sorry I hit skip for most of the main story arc.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Ugh Kise and Tywin banners datamined, as fun as Kise looks, I really just don't need more water units at this point. ML Zerato sounds insane though, I might just hoard for a month until he's released instead of taking pot shots at ML Cecilia.
I just got Tywin from the daily summon... I'm dying for Sez omg I'd cry if I ever get him.

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017
The new urgent missions are absolutely insane. Level 70+ accessories, 90k+ gold...they're nuts. Honestly I'm just farming the new story stages with the catalysts I want so I can get those sweet urgent missions.

Yeah the improved urgent missions are real nice, the new loot in the secret shop seems to be better as well

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
29w1lhi.png

Android user, you can use coupon "Golem" to get some stuff

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Free rolled Cermia. Rounds out my Golem team nicely, Lidica (or Baiken), Sol, Cermia, and Angie.

Well Sez is almost level 50 but man do I need more gear. Iseria and Haste are STILL waiting for good gear.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, another 4*. Maybe Cidd? Dingo?

giphy.gif

ANGELICA?!?!?!

I finally have Angelica after starting this game in bloody November 2018. Miracles do happen. Wow!

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017

+ Auto promote coming in July at the earliest
+ Reducing Molagora costs by 12-18%
+ Rewarding more Molagora
+ Sigret buffs

- Lilibet is a PVP character that counters specific, niche units
- Buffs are for Ravi (????) and Arbiter Vildred (yay 5* ML buffs and they seem insane)
- Seemingly only three characters are getting touched this upcoming patch
- No MolaGora recall system, they are not considering it
- Pets and other gameplay QoL like auto repeat, auto opening chests, etc delayed until Q3
- Mention ML issues but have no solutions (going on past promises, yeah, not holding breath)
- Luluca not mentioned, still sucks

Last edited:

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Sigret and Ml Chloe buffs, god is real

lilibet countering Ruele is Good shit

No idea why anyone would ???? A Ravi buff, she's weak.

ml vildred got a massive buff, but also has a direct counter in Lilibeth now as well.

Think I might six star my c dom now... seems safe....

I haven't made it too far but I'm also enjoying the denser story telling.

ML Zerato is probably a 4* yeah? Will likely replace ML Rin when the ML's in the mystics update in two weeks. The pattern for the non-ml 5* has been unit -> older unit -> unit; as in after Tama we should have an older unit than Lidica since I think her banner followed Tama's. The new ML 5*s from the festa were Ravi, Charles, and some other person; but if the mystic lineup does end up being Ceci, Zerato, and Lidica I might have to burn my remaining mystics.

People think the lady in between ML Charles and ML Ravi is ML Luna.

She's from Fallen Ceci's world so will look different, she's a mage now too, has the gem design Luna has on her head on her clothing.

Last edited:

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sucks about no molagora recall, recall would of course be flat out better, but the increased molagora availability/reduced cost is still great to see.

The Ravi buffs sound nice, it's good that using her s3 no longer tanks her damage. For the most part I still use her as a Queen tank and a dog walker, I don't think this really changes that though.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
That auto promote is sorely needed. I feel like I've spent hours promoting two star fodder to three stars at this point, and that's just time wasted menuing.

Sigret buff is nice. I have her on the bench doing nothing.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
So wait... the part where they say:

"In addition to the heroes mentioned, Judge Kise, Maid Chloe, Violet, Blood Blade Karin, Assassin Cid, Corvus, Cartuja, Purgis and Lots. We look forward to hearing in our heirs in regards to these heroes that have been selected."

...are those units the next on the list to be adjusted or...?

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017

"In addition to the heroes mentioned, Judge Kise, Maid Chloe, Violet, Blood Blade Karin, Assassin Cid, Corvus, Cartuja, Purgis and Lots. We look forward to hearing in our heirs in regards to these heroes that have been selected."

They are considering adjusting them for the upcoming balance pass.... but I'm pretty sure they'll do something with at least 90% of that list.

Like ML Chloe is arguably the weakest nat 5 ML, you don't exactly release someone who might be a connection hero who can counter her niche and leave her even worse off than before.

Lilibeth is a Ruele counter 100% but other characters have revive skills and aren't as strong as Ruele.

I'm really interested in the potential Lots buff.... I've been using him as a poor mans Ml Lots for my Sez and would like to see him be a more useful....

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Not sure, my initial read was that they were included for the 27th; but they could just be next on the list.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
The Ravi buffs sound nice, it's good that using her s3 no longer tanks her damage. For the most part I still use her as a Queen tank and a dog walker, I don't think this really changes that though.

From what I see she revs up to full power much faster. S3 will still tank her dmg since it doesn't change the fighting spirit cost that i can see. Instead the multipliers have changed to increase with her attack and lost health so basically it allows for panic cleaves with stun and faster fighting spirit regeneration once that goes down.

What I'm wondering is whether her S3's damage increase is off missing HP or a seperate counter for damage taken that adds up over time even as she heals back up with S1, because if it is the latter that sounds potentially horrifying depending on what the cap on it is.

Shame they can't make her look not trash. I do like her kit and S3 animation.

Last edited:

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
As someone who has fully invested in A.Cidd, he needs. . .actual disruption of pusher teams.

He was supposed to cut in first and smite, but he can't beat speed based pushers and kill at the same time.

Either he beats the pusher, and can't kill anything, or he doesn't and is just another dps. The level of gear needed to do both is something you would need a lot of time to put together. Not to mention immunity sets ruin the silence.

That and A.Coli is kind of better than him due to the AOE silence on kill.

I don't know how to fix that at this point without getting broken, so as far as I am concerned just make swift motions attack bonus passive like Wind Rider and give me target on enemy with lowest HP and the passive speed bonus back again.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
From what I see she revs up to full power much faster. S3 will still tank her dmg since it doesn't change the fighting spirit cost that i can see. Instead the multipliers have changed to increase with her attack and lost health so basically it allows for panic cleaves with stun and faster fighting spirit regeneration once that goes down.

What I'm wondering is whether her S3's damage increase is off missing HP or a seperate counter for damage taken that adds up over time even as she heals back up with S1, because if it is the latter that sounds potentially horrifying depending on what the cap on it is.
The conditions for attack increase have been adjusted

We have made improvements to the initialization of attack increase when the skill, Devil Drive, is used. The rebalanced Ravi is independent of the Fighting Spirit and her attack increase effect persists when she attacks or when she takes damage.
There might be a mistranslation? The notes say devil drive, but it's her s2 passive(demon's blood) that increases attack based off of fighting spirit. I don't think her s3 had any additional scaling.

The way I read the change was instead of tying the damage increase to how filled her fighting spirit gauge was, it would instead stack with attacks made and damage taken. It sounded like there was no longer a scenario where the 60% mod(or whatever it was) disappeared. Combined with the increased fighting spirit gain on s1 the s3 would actually be used and fairly often without negatively impacting damage.

Edit:
Checked the skill data excel. It's 15% more per 20 fighting spirit on her s2 passive(75% max) and her s1 has 1x mod versus the s3 1.2 mod. I think I'm interpreting the buff right, but who knows.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
There might be a mistranslation? The notes say devil drive, but it's her s2 passive(demon's blood) that increases attack based off of fighting spirit. I don't think her s3 had any additional scaling.

The way I read the change was instead of tying the damage increase to how filled her fighting spirit gauge was, it would instead stack with attacks made and damage taken. It sounded like there was no longer a scenario where the 60% mod(or whatever it was) disappeared. Combined with the increased fighting spirit gain on s1 the s3 would actually be used and fairly often without negatively impacting damage.

Edit:
Checked the skill data excel. It's 15% more per 20 fighting spirit on her s2 passive(75% max) and her s1 has 1x mod versus the s3 1.2 mod. I think I'm interpreting the buff right, but who knows.

Yeah I think that is right. Her S3 however costs Fighting Spirit to cast. Which would lower her S2 attack buff back down. Currently the S3 scales off her attack and fighting spirit (so using it at 100FS will be the strongest while at 75 it is weaker but still applies aoe stun). The new S3 still costs FS to cast but now instead of extra scaling from FS it scales off damage taken which could be its own counter or something like Krau's missing health damage scaling.

Edit. Oh wait. I misunderstood you. You're saying that her attack buff stays on even if her FS lowers but it has a cap so it can't continually build up. So the FS would just be for pushing more S3s once attack buff is maxed... This is interesting too. It could possibly make bullshit counter lifesteal Ravi scenarios.

Last edited:

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just crafted a great weapon and discovered after slapping it on my best guy it costs a million bucks to upgrade it RIP

Edit: not so great cause I had enough to take it to +8 and everything went into health instead of attack ;_;

Last edited:

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think that is right. Her S3 however costs Fighting Spirit to cast. Which would lower her S2 attack buff back down. Currently the S3 scales off her attack and fighting spirit (so using it at 100FS will be the strongest while at 75 it is weaker but still applies aoe stun). The new S3 still costs FS to cast but now instead of extra scaling from FS it scales off damage taken which could be its own counter or something like Krau's missing health damage scaling.
I'm reading the change as an s2 change instead of the s3. Right now it increases attack in general, the s3 hits harder at 100 fighting spirit instead of 75 because not due to extra scaling but because of the attack increase alone from the s2 passive; it also increases her s1 damage so using the s3 will lower her overall damage until fighting spirit recovers.

With the s2 increasing with attacks made/damage taken the s3 can be used without lowering her damage at all. Since her s3 also has a slightly higher mod it'll hit harder than her s1. The s1 gaining 30 fs instead of 10 means Ravi should be using her s3 a lot instead of now where it's almost never.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Those Sigret buffs damn!
She was the 5* I chose in my selective summon and she was a staple in my party until very recently, those buffs sound insane

Oct 25, 2017
Do they? I have her too and would love to use her, but slightly higher bleed proc odds won't have me.
yea compared to the Ravi buffs that sound great, the sigret changes sound like nothing. Though it does say that "* Full specs will be listed in detail later on and the table below is a tentative version of her changes.", which it does not say for Ravi. So hopefully there is more to it.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I'm reading the change as an s2 change instead of the s3. Right now it increases attack in general, the s3 hits harder at 100 fighting spirit instead of 75 because not due to extra scaling but because of the attack increase alone from the s2 passive; it also increases her s1 damage so using the s3 will lower her overall damage until fighting spirit recovers.

With the s2 increasing with attacks made/damage taken the s3 can be used without lowering her damage at all. Since her s3 also has a slightly higher mod it'll hit harder than her s1. The s1 gaining 30 fs instead of 10 means Ravi should be using her s3 a lot instead of now where it's almost never.

So it'll be something like this?

The conditions for attack increase have been adjusted

We have made improvements to the attack increase from S2. The rebalanced Ravi's attack increase is independent of the Fighting Spirit and her attack increase effect activates when she attacks or when she takes damage.

You might be right!

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Do they? I have her too and would love to use her, but slightly higher bleed proc odds won't have me.
Mostly it's the increase in defense penetration from 10% to 30%, and increased bleed chance on the first 2 skills (which chain together) means the damage ramps up faster. She's already powerful in a debuff heavy team

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
So I think I'm running into the cap for what my current adventurer quest equip sets can do. Most pieces are at +15 now, but I'm still feeling a bit short in terms of durability or speed.

So when crafting new dps gear, what should I look for besides percentages instead of flat numbers? Should I be looking for a mix of dps and defensive stats, or all dps stats? I had been looking at pure dps stats, but that leaves many of my units feeling squishy.

I'm especially a bit lost with Karin, because she needs a lot of dps stats and also effectiveness, which leaves pretty much no room for defensive stats, which means she dies from a light breeze.

Last edited:

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Huh swore the notes said ACidd before, now it states AColi.

Coli is pretty good. Only issues with her is the 20 souls for soulburn.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I have pulled 4 or 5 5* artifacts in a few pulls over the course of one day. At what point do I go from lucky to unlucky that none of these were a hero?

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
So I think I'm running into the cap for what my current adventurer quest equip sets can do. Most pieces are at +15 now, but I'm still feeling a bit short in terms of durability or speed.

So when crafting new dps gear, what should I look for besides percentages instead of flat numbers? Should I be looking for a mix of dps and defensive stats, or all dps stats? I had been looking at pure dps stats, but that leaves many of my units feeling squishy.

I'm especially a bit lost with Karin, because she needs a lot of dps stats and also effectiveness, which leaves pretty much no room for defensive stats, which means she dies from a light breeze.

Just means you're now playing the game heh. Gearing your units "perfectly" isn't an exact science, you just gotta look for the best gear you can get and put the puzzle pieces together.

So for example Karin, she needs minimum 85% crit chance and 55% effectiveness for her kit to function. The rest of the stats depend on where and how you're using her. Is she strictly for W11 hunts? Then you can go in hard on crit damage and speed with some attack, since the Wyvern only attacks your front line tank and you want to get in big damage. If she's going to be your main Water DPS for PvE, then you gotta spread things out. You're going to want 100% crit chance when you're up against other water units, and a reasonable amount of health and defense (like 800 def and 8k health minimum). If she's also for PvP, then that raises the stakes significantly. 100% crit chance, even more effectiveness (for upper level Arena), quality speed. Nothing you're going to assemble in a day, or a week, or a month even, it's a gradual process.

But once you understand your targets, how do you put it together? Looking at crit chance first, for starters she has a base of 23% after her 4* awakening, which means you need 62% more to meet the 85% minimum. A level 70 necklace with crit chance main stat at max level adds 45%. A completed crit set (2 pieces) adds 12%. If you have that you only need an additional 5% crit chance in substats to meet your 85% minimum. Maybe you decide to go all crit set (36% total) with a crit damage mainstat necklace, and use substats to fill in the extra 26% crit chance with substats. Maybe you have some speed gear that rolled great crit chance substats and you use that. It all comes down to how your gear rolls, really.

This is my Karin. Plenty of room for improvement, but she gets the job done where I need her. Pretty key in carrying my Arena offense to Challenger too (but no further).

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Just means you're now playing the game heh. Gearing your units "perfectly" isn't an exact science, you just gotta look for the best gear you can get and put the puzzle pieces together.

So for example Karin, she needs minimum 85% crit chance and 55% effectiveness for her kit to function. The rest of the stats depend on where and how you're using her. Is she strictly for W11 hunts? Then you can go in hard on crit damage and speed with some attack, since the Wyvern only attacks your front line tank and you want to get in big damage. If she's going to be your main Water DPS for PvE, then you gotta spread things out. You're going to want 100% crit chance when you're up against other water units, and a reasonable amount of health and defense (like 800 def and 8k health minimum). If she's also for PvP, then that raises the stakes significantly. 100% crit chance, even more effectiveness (for upper level Arena), quality speed. Nothing you're going to assemble in a day, or a week, or a month even, it's a gradual process.

But once you understand your targets, how do you put it together? Looking at crit chance first, for starters she has a base of 23% after her 4* awakening, which means you need 62% more to meet the 85% minimum. A level 70 necklace with crit chance main stat at max level adds 45%. A completed crit set (2 pieces) adds 12%. If you have that you only need an additional 5% crit chance in substats to meet your 85% minimum. Maybe you decide to go all crit set (36% total) with a crit damage mainstat necklace, and use substats to fill in the extra 26% crit chance with substats. Maybe you have some speed gear that rolled great crit chance substats and you use that. It all comes down to how your gear rolls, really.

This is my Karin. Plenty of room for improvement, but she gets the job done where I need her. Pretty key in carrying my Arena offense to Challenger too (but no further).
Thanks, that helps a lot. Seeing those break points and how that breaks down into gear is definitely very useful.

She's probably going to be my general purpose PvE water dps while also trying not to be useless in guild wars, so I'm going to want some defensive stats in there along with the crit and effectiveness. She's also my defense breaker in wyvern.

It's funny how I really like her fighting style, but found her character insufferable in the story lol.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has fully invested in A.Cidd, he needs. . .actual disruption of pusher teams.

He was supposed to cut in first and smite, but he can't beat speed based pushers and kill at the same time.

Either he beats the pusher, and can't kill anything, or he doesn't and is just another dps. The level of gear needed to do both is something you would need a lot of time to put together. Not to mention immunity sets ruin the silence.

That and A.Coli is kind of better than him due to the AOE silence on kill.

I don't know how to fix that at this point without getting broken, so as far as I am concerned just make swift motions attack bonus passive like Wind Rider and give me target on enemy with lowest HP and the passive speed bonus back again.
Huh swore the notes said ACidd before, now it states AColi.

Coli is pretty good. Only issues with her is the 20 souls for soulburn.
It did. I pasted a direct bit from the patch notes in my earlier message above, and "Assassin Cid" was on the list. Wonder why it was changed.
Well the notes said balance changes, which means they could be both negative and positive. A Coli is pretty much the best lead disrupter atm, so she could possibly be seeing a slight nerf. I hope that doesn't happen and they simply buff A Cidd instead, but I personally can't see them buffing A Coli.

Status
Not open for further replies.