• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Cleared 10-10, ML summon was Fighter Maya. Is she viable tank to replace 4* Armin?
I have used this excellent tierlist -> https://epic7x.com/tier-list/ to get grasp of heroes and what they do and what not.

Managed to get banner unit (EU serv) Aramintha after 75 summons. With Baal & Sezan / Schuri / Aramintha / Angelica(?) Golem dungeon seems very interestig place to be.
Not sure if it was posted in here but be warned. If you make a European account and decide to reroll, clicking delete account will delete all of them and not just the one logged in to. Even your global.

So don't do that.

The way I did was:
1. Download game
2. Log as guest
3. Choose server (or was it before log question)
4. Do your rerolls (as in "Delete Account")
5. Bind account to Facebook

-> My surprise was quite big when I saw I had my level 27 global server account (I didnt remember I binded it to FB).
This way atleast for me I see my GL account too (havent actually logged into it).

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Why? u_u
I'm still not done with 10-10 on hard.

Also, for reference, here is old Straze again:
xwahtwx3eo621.png

He looks like he belongs in Monster Hunter.

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
I hope episode 2 is hard. Just crank up that difficulty. CRANK IT UP.
Yeah, no.

I want Episode 2 to be an opportunity to use all those 4* characters I've pulled and haven't had a real chance to use yet. Just let me enjoy the story a while. If you want insane difficulty just play PvP. That's hard enough!

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Yeah, no.

I want Episode 2 to be an opportunity to use all those 4* characters I've pulled and haven't had a real chance to use yet. Just let me enjoy the story a while. If you want insane difficulty just play PvP. That's hard enough!
Agreed I want to enjoy the game play. I feel they might've pushed the difficulty too much from 10-10 Normal and with chapter 2 it'll build on that difficulty. Which I'm hoping they nerf the difficulty with the next episode.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished my CLorina SC and almost done the Montmorancy one.

It's pretty funny/sad how Montmorancy's SC is a couple of zeros less grindy than Lorina's.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Mont's SC is ridiculous. It's as if she has no cooldowns whatsoever. No regrets building her for wyvern, especially as someone still lacking Angelica.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished my CLorina SC and almost done the Montmorancy one.

It's pretty funny/sad how Montmorancy's SC is a couple of zeros less grindy than Lorina's.

I've actually been speeding it up by doing Crack in the World missions as well. Not best bang for buck AP/Stamina (30 for 40) ratio but if you don't have a lot of time to play everyday it'll get you there. The rune grind to fill out the specialty tree is the rough one, I did a bunch this weekend on a car ride and still only have like 180 greater and 30 epic. Most of which have been donated by my guild :)

Mont's SC is ridiculous. It's as if she has no cooldowns whatsoever. No regrets building her for wyvern, especially as someone still lacking Angelica.

I'm excited even though I have Angelica. It has a better niche in PvP right now as Angelica and I'm going to build her to be a bit faster but less tanky since she's fighting for gear with Angelica anyway.

What I really want to see is if I can tackle Abyss 90 with her and Angelica for constant immunity and debuff cleansing.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I've actually been speeding it up by doing Crack in the World missions as well. Not best bang for buck AP/Stamina (30 for 40) ratio but if you don't have a lot of time to play everyday it'll get you there. The rune grind to fill out the specialty tree is the rough one, I did a bunch this weekend on a car ride and still only have like 180 greater and 30 epic. Most of which have been donated by my guild :)

I'm excited even though I have Angelica. It has a better niche in PvP right now as Angelica and I'm going to build her to be a bit faster but less tanky since she's fighting for gear with Angelica anyway.

What I really want to see is if I can tackle Abyss 90 with her and Angelica for constant immunity and debuff cleansing.
What are crack in the world missions? The rune skill tree looks horrible to me. So many 0-1% upgrades for tons of runes.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
What are crack in the world missions? The rune skill tree looks horrible to me. So many 0-1% upgrades for tons of runes.

I wouldn't suggest grinding out the runes until you can do the Altar 10 of that color. That and make sure you are in a guild that gives em out, 5 a day is a nice steady drip-feed of runes you know you'll need for a SC.

In 5S and 8S if you complete all missions a mission called Crack in the World opens up on the map. It's 5 battles with I think 2 or 3 bosses and has high stamina cost but also big exp gain/AP gain (a silver dog jumps from 20 to 28 in one run on World Difficulty). Basically a place to dump stamina if you don't have a lot of time to play. Hunts and Side Stories are almost always more preferable once you can 100% auto them on 10/11/Hell, but Crack in the World is a good place for AP points for something like Mont's change (I think 5S has Mysterious Flash and Ultra Fangs in the shop to which are popular). I'd probably do a map I needed catalysts from, but I can barely find 30 minutes to play some days and sitting there and pressing replay every 8 stamina is just not in the cards.

Last edited:

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Since my sub optimal wyvern team can only clear wyvern 7 in like 5-6 minutes, can I yield if I don't get a mana drake (lvl 70) claw in the first wave or will it just keep giving me the same drop?

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
The grind can really pull you in, for a while I had been getting really invested until I realized my endgame was pretty much getting through most of the abyss and pulling ML ken and powering up a couple of my stronger units. I had done that a while back so all I really do now is guild wars. Now I'm kind of taking my time and just doing whatever I feel like outside of the few dailies I do, don't even do those in one sitting if I'm being honest. Hopefully ep 2 has something I can use many of my 4 star units on since I have no reason to use most of them.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't suggest grinding out the runes until you can do the Altar 10 of that color. That and make sure you are in a guild that gives em out, 5 a day is a nice steady drip-feed of runes you know you'll need for a SC.

In 5S and 8S if you complete all missions a mission called Crack in the World opens up on the map. It's 5 battles with I think 2 or 3 bosses and has high stamina cost but also big exp gain/AP gain (a silver dog jumps from 20 to 28 in one run on World Difficulty). Basically a place to dump stamina if you don't have a lot of time to play. Hunts and Side Stories are almost always more preferable once you can 100% auto them on 10/11/Hell, but Crack in the World is a good place for AP points for something like Mont's change (I think 5S has Mysterious Flash and Ultra Fangs in the shop to which are popular). I'd probably do a map I needed catalysts from, but I can barely find 30 minutes to play some days and sitting there and pressing replay every 8 stamina is just not in the cards.
Thanks. I could definitely use a stamina dump like that. I don't have the time or patience to keep hitting replay, and most days I'm leaving the game with maxed stamina thanks to all the stamina rewards anyway.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Finally something new, I'm just doing dailies and not bothering doing anything else for a while, 5* star ticket is nice but knowing my luck will probably be a dupe lol , more interested in what the update brings with it , but already raised my interest in the game again, will try to finish the last world difficult chapters I didn't bother to do yet

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest

Regarding skill trees it is best to have some kind of approach. Not all of the skills are as immediately useful but the stat bonuses do add up as well. Mostly the priority is in extra benefits your skills and determining how to reach all the ones you want.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I have a question about how accounts work? Mine says Google play. So does that mean as long as its downloaded under my Google play account all my stuff will load up?

Is it better to link with Stove and is that even possible?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I have a question about how accounts work? Mine says Google play. So does that mean as long as its downloaded under my Google play account all my stuff will load up?

Is it better to link with Stove and is that even possible?
Yep. I linked to Facebook and switch back and forth between iOS and a PC Android emulator daily. And you don't even have to log back in.

Don't link to Stove. It's a mess.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
I wonder if they're going straight from hard difficulty in terms of story for Episode 2. Would be cool to see it go up to lvl 80+ mobs.
The other way they could do it is that it continues from Ep 1 Normal difficulty, and then the hard difficulty is slightly harder than Ep1 hard difficulty.

I really did enjoy the difficulty of the game early on, when not everyone was farming wyv 24/7. Some of the hard difficulty fights were actually rough (Fucking Cecilia in chapter 6 goes turbo mode for some reason)
But if you were able to get through abyss early on and had the lifesteal set along with the right units, you could get through it but I think it was still a struggle. Especially if you were trying to three star certain fights. Don't think they can replicate it with Ep 2 but would be cool to be surprised.

Mio

Oct 16, 2018
I wonder if they're going straight from hard difficulty in terms of story for Episode 2. Would be cool to see it go up to lvl 80+ mobs.
The other way they could do it is that it continues from Ep 1 Normal difficulty, and then the hard difficulty is slightly harder than Ep1 hard difficulty.

I hope so too. Technically the story continues in World Difficulty so it makes sense they follow from that difficulty.

I really did enjoy the difficulty of the game early on, when not everyone was farming wyv 24/7. Some of the hard difficulty fights were actually rough (Fucking Cecilia in chapter 6 goes turbo mode for some reason)

Yeah I agree there too. Although with the introduction of the adventure missions I think they wanted to ease the difficulty to make the game more accessible for everyone and boost the retention of new players.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I really did enjoy the difficulty of the game early on, when not everyone was farming wyv 24/7
Yeah I agree there too. Although with the introduction of the adventure missions I think they wanted to ease the difficulty to make the game more accessible for everyone and boost the retention of new players.

Cleared normal story difficulty yesterday, got 3* to every dungeon (aim was to get as many B.Orbises as much as possible). I did read story and found it to be good. Now I have World difficulty to do. Most likely start it later and do other things meanwuile cause story took so much time (there is a lot of text). Closing to finish adventure missions only 2 left.

Working with wolfs (Phantasmas) to get evolving fodder in order to get that Tera Phantasma to 5* and eventually get Baal & Sezan for 6*.
Evolving wolfs take a lot of time cause I don't want to waste those max leveled ones as fodders, Stigma is poured to get more wolfs from well. You all know the drill of having new acco, Iam just late in the train :p.

God, I hate arena. Delete it!

Got myself to silver rank and most likely start to focus NPC opponents. Never liked pvp, glad that there are many npc to use daily.
Arena is cancer for me.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
The only other mobile game I played that got an "episode 2" was Fire Emblem Heroes, and they just kept all their 3 difficulty levels for the chapters in the new ones - meaning you could play them on easy-peasy for the story if you wanted. Epic Seven however hides more story beats behind the hard difficulty, so I'd be unhappy if I have to miss out.
Also you could unlock Book 2 in FEH after a specific point in the first book (I think? I remember newcomers wouldn't have to play through all of Book 1 to get to Book 2? Hope I'm not misremembering).
Either way, Book 2 in FEH had lots of new units that had some new tricks, which mixed things up.
I don't know how much you can mix up things in Epic Seven, I mean we already had a fight against an epic debuffer with 10-10 and the Shadow Rose in 10-07 (?) was doing all sorts of Combat Readiness shenanigans. At some point, it just becomes more of the same bullshit, so when people say, they want "higher difficulty", I just hope they don't mean "40min abyss fight" levels of difficulty but "my current team doesn't have an answer to this boss mechanic so I need to think about this" difficulty.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Chopchop I'm an idiot Crack in the World does not count towards Mont's SC change since it specifically requires "Ezera AP" not just any AP. Couple wasted stamina bars after checking how much progress I had made lol

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Chopchop I'm an idiot Crack in the World does not count towards Mont's SC change since it specifically requires "Ezera AP" not just any AP. Couple wasted stamina bars after checking how much progress I had made lol
Oh, I thought you were doing that for catalysts and for exp. It's ok, I just unlocked the one in world 3 and was thinking to use it to get Kluri to 50 for her own SC.

I've been doing 1-8 on World difficulty for Mont's SC but that's the same short repeat thing that takes more attention than Crack in the World in the first place.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I thought you were doing that for catalysts and for exp. It's ok, I just unlocked the one in world 3 and was thinking to use it to get Kluri to 50 for her own SC.

I've been doing 1-8 on World difficulty for Mont's SC but that's the same short repeat thing that takes more attention than Crack in the World in the first place.

Just a heads-up since I found out the hard way myself the other day: you can only have 2 speciality change quests active at a time. So you can work on SCing no more than two characters at once.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
God, I hate arena. Delete it!

Only thing keeping me going strong right now, I enjoy seeing how my defense does and re-matching those that beat it. I had a 23% win rate on defense last week with over 70 attacks on me, which is pretty solid.

The one aspect I like is that some characters seem to have strictly PvP skillsets and others strictly PvE skillsets so it gives me a reason to build more characters.

Plus it gives you the chance to see other characters on showcase and what really some different gear combinations are.

I'm in a weird spot with the game, I absolutely adore it; the art, the characters, the mechanics but the content has run its course for me. It's that feeling where you boot up a game because you really want to play and then realize there's just not much left to do so you disappointingly close it and start browsing Era.

Last edited:

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Do smilegate do resets like others gotcha games. Like during a milestone/anniversary/major event rank up pack will come back?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
You did this to me Einbroch!

What are some of the good characters that I could reroll for?
Yes. YES.

Angelica is a 4* healer that is insanely strong, but we recently got an "evolved" form of a 3* that makes her not as essential.

Honestly, people will tell you x character or y character, but any 5* you like is just fine. If you absolutely need someone to aim for, Sez or Vildred will take you far.

Status
Not open for further replies.