• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Gear is a problem ? yes. But I have less hope they will change it because it serves as a stop gap to keep players busy and when people think they are done they will add new tiers and the cycle will repeat itself, the endgame is basically this grind for gear , beat the hard content and repeat all over again with the new content they release.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
I have had it with this game's bullshit speed meta and the absolutely bonkers broken characters they keep releasing.

I fight a team with Roozid/Dizzy/Cidd. I go in with a team with immunity set and Achates/Diene/Kayron. What happens? I delete Cidd, then proceed to get lapped over and over and over again thanks to a combination of Roozid's speed buff and Dizzy's speed debuff and CR pushback, to the extent that Achates's S3 is literally completely useless as she has nowhere near the speed to keep up. I die because I literally cannot move or do anything at all. Funny thing is, even if I brought Angelica and C. Armin that also would've done nothing at all, as she was equipped with Iela Violin and was thus consequently deleting buffs on every turn (and with her effectively moving at 300 speed, that means that immunity buffs would have been worse than useless).

That's where the game is right now. You have to play the fucking speed meta or you just get to not play the game at all. Either that or run a dispeller with like 200+ speed and 150%+ effect resist, because that's a totally achievable goal and not unreasonable bullshit to deal with unreasonably bullshit characters.

Fuck PvP man. Fuck it. There are limits to how much horse shit you can throw at me before I throw in the towel and this game has gone way past that limit for me. You either roll the specific characters needed to deal with the bullshit and farm the horrifically RNG-laden gear needed to make those characters effective or you just fucking don't play the goddamn game.

And yes I know gacha pvp is always garbage, but it wasn't always this bad! There used to be more nuance to how you could deal with these situations. Now? Now it's just... have the specific combination of units needed, or just don't bother at all. Gee, thanks, Super Creative. I'm sure executive meddling had a hand in this somewhere but they could've done a much better job of reigning in the idiotic levels of power creep. Nope, none of that here. Nothing even resembling restraint. Just horrid all around.

I am so close to giving up entirely and that makes me fucking sad, 'cause I really do like a lot of things about this game. But it's really not worth the stress and headaches it gives me. It really isn't.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Failed to join war, happened twice in a row with ResetERA guild, anybody know why?
Which Era guild? We have two or three of them I think. If the whole guild didn't join war then that is probably forgetting to setup defense teams. If it is just you then perhaps you setup the defense team after the guild leader placed teams and he didn't get a chance to place late comers.

I have had it with this game's bullshit speed meta and the absolutely bonkers broken characters they keep releasing.

I've given up trying to outspeed that nonsense. I've been on Master 3 range forever and speed + debuff is such an awful combination. You either have the heroes and stats to win or you do not. There is no skill or strategy to it from my experience. It just isn't very fun to me and the amount of ML power houses just makes it more irritating.

Speaking of moonlight heroes. I beat some abyss stages and got 4 pulls.
Gloomyrain dupe
Phyllis (new)
Phyllis :sob:
Watcher Schuri dupe

Super disappointed.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I just play this game as a side gacha completely PvE and have yet to play a non-NPC PvP match. The biggest draws of this game for me are nice animations and good visual feedback for stuff like leveling up or getting rewards. As a PvE game I can just kinda turn my brain off when grinding similar to an MMO or Diablo, be happy with what I manage to grab or achieve, and be in no rush to get anywhere fast since it's not like I'm trying to be competitive. Also means the current content lasts longer as well for me. Most gachas devolve into a P2W sort of situation eventually anyway whenever PvP is involved, so I don't see why E7 would be any different. Companies/shareholders will see that it makes them a huge amount of money when they release new OP units, so why would they ever stop?

The only time I've actually enjoyed a gacha game's PvP is when one had a mode is where they flat out banned the use of 5* characters, since it didn't cost a fortune or an eternity to stay competitive.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Was stick on Abyss Floor 50 for like two days because of those shitty mushrooms and the lack of a solid def buff unit ive worked on - finally managed to clear it yesterday when i somewhat took my time.
screenshot_20190520-2mpk1g.png

It was quite close though - having shitty gear doesnt help lol. Anyway used the 40CB reward and managed to get my second Dizzy dupe. So im officially done done with this banner and Dizzy is gonna be my new 6* unit. Sorry Clarissa :-/

PS. Daily Pull was a 5* Artifact - sadly it was Noble Oath, i have no use for this one lol.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Concerning Guild War, EpicEra is now at a point where we actually have more people to place for defense than slots to put them in.
I check who actually attacks in Guild War and who logs into Guild for the attendance check (there's people that don't) and will favor anyone that does, even if their team is slightly more crap.
However, if you still have phantasms in your defense teams, you really need to up your game.
Don't forget to review your DEF teams on the weekends!

Oh, we also still have 1 free slot, if someone is looking for a casual guild.

I'm also frustrated with PvP. I'm going to assume that my gear is garbage at this point, because while I have great characters that should be able to counter debuffs and deal with high speed (Destina, Bellona), I just get stomped. Constantly.
I tried to give Destina more Effect Resistance, but I only got her up to 60%, which is clearly not enough. Unless I completely gimp her for DEF and HP, I can't see how people end up with stupid stuff like 180% resistance:

I do my 5 PvP duels a day and am done with it, I got all the season gear and unless they end the season next week, I'll also get the Unknown Slate.

Since I got so lucky with Dizzy, I have a lot of bookmarks burning a hole in my pocket. I really hope we get a new unit and not just a Destina banner rerun this week.

Kawerik when!?!?!?!?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
The reddit link in the OP says pull at least 100 times in regular summon does that still hold true?
You should pull until you have a good core squad. Doesn't have to be a team you'll use forever, but something that can be useful in a lot of content.

So a healer/tank, a support/healer, and two DPS.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Following on from yesterday's QoL disucssion, can we add the fact that we can't name our parties yet lol? I find it kind of annoying, especially when as a newish player I have heroes that are in more than one team. Can get confusing which tea is for what content. At least the game remembers which party you last used for each type of content which is helpful.
Why don't you do the npc arena battles and avoid pvp entirely?

I have seen some videos of slower tankier teams doing well. This guy is in Champion and uses this team comp in most of his battles when he's streaming. He is using Dark Corvus though which is the other problem you mentioned.

Concerning Guild War, EpicEra is now at a point where we actually have more people to place for defense than slots to put them in.
This is good to know. As I'm newish to the game and the guild I was worried that I was hindering the guild in Guild Wars. When I have enough units to be able to do attacks do I need to let you guys know or do I just head straight in?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I check who actually attacks in Guild War and who logs into Guild for the attendance check (there's people that don't) and will favor anyone that does, even if their team is slightly more crap.
However, if you still have phantasms in your defense teams, you really need to up your game.
Don't forget to review your DEF teams on the weekends!

Oh, we also still have 1 free slot, if someone is looking for a casual guild.
Is that spot still open ? AM part of a random guild right now but would prefer to be on a Era Guild.
Account is still fresh though, so i wouldnt be able to provide much in terms of Guild Wars lol.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Is that spot still open ? AM part of a random guild right now but would prefer to be on a Era Guild.
Account is still fresh though, so i wouldnt be able to provide much in terms of Guild Wars lol.

No problem, just let me know your account name so I can make sure I add the right applicant. Guild Chat is quite active too. You'll probably have to wait 24h after leaving your old guild, just poke me when you sent an application.

This is good to know. As I'm newish to the game and the guild I was worried that I was hindering the guild in Guild Wars. When I have enough units to be able to do attacks do I need to let you guys know or do I just head straight in?

Don't worry about hindering us in Guild War. I'm the captain and I very consistently lose my attacks. D:
I slot whoever has a good team and also attacked last time (and seems active in guild). If you missed your attacks one day, I might rotate you out next day, but I try to give everyone the chance at least every other war, unless they repeatedly don't attack or are inactive overall. Also, just use guild chat if you are not sure why you weren't slotted, I try to keep an eye out!
We usually have people that don't attack at all or only attack once, so I assume they aren't too heart broken over sitting the next day out. Just make sure to review your team during the weekend prep period, and if you still don't get slotted, speak up in Guild Chat. :)

I don't want to be mean, but we simply can't add everyone, it's just the way it's set up. You should still get some medals either way.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
No problem, just let me know your account name so I can make sure I add the right applicant. Guild Chat is quite active too. You'll probably have to wait 24h after leaving your old guild, just poke me when you sent an application.
Great - thanks,
i just left my random guild so i should be able to apply 24h from now.
cwE7sk

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I've been building Aither, because the game still hasn't given me Angelica after 7 months. I've been blowing loads of cash on wyvern experiments, it's not funny. Probably up to 1M moving around equipment by now.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Update Notes are out:
http://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/board/list/e7en002/view/3235819

Update is very light on new content, to say the least.
New artifact challenge - not sure if that's a good artifact, I might try that on Tenebria to see how it goes.
I think it's less useful in the current meta when you can use either Etica's Scepter for Combat Readiness increase or something like Kal'adra to compliment spamming Debuffs instead.

a2d50957e15242f8970dbceae73adecc_1558501262.png

No new unit, just Destina banner rerun.
My BMs don't know where to go, aaah. (Already have Destina.)

At least, after months and months of saving artifact dust, Idol's Cheer will be mine, courtesy of the latest shop refresh. Maybe Destina will actually become helpful with that (my Destina is the slowest Destina in the universe).

Can we actually play the Destina side story again and get all the rewards again even if we already played it?
Well, I remember liking Cidd and Dingo in the side story a lot, so at least there's that.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds good enough to me after all the farming had to do the last couple days to get most of the event rewards.

I would use that off time to clear more of the World Story stages.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Since I started playing the game during the near-end of Destina's sidestory, it's nice to get the chance to now play through it at least.

Also curious to see Montmo's SC in the very near future.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Another month of no interesting content. I don't know how much longer I can last.

Still no pets.
Still no guild PVE.
Still no world bosses.
Still no QoL.
Months without balance changes.
Months without new worthwhile content.
Months without a specialty change (Rikoris was March).

But yay more packs and reruns of events.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Hopefully MontMo's SC ends the stupid "Pass on Ken and Vildred, you guys need Angelica on selective summons" train of thought.

Another month of no interesting content. I don't know how much longer I can last.

Still no pets.
Still no guild PVE.
Still no world bosses.
Still no QoL.
Months without balance changes.
Months without new worthwhile content.

But yay more packs and reruns of events.

Oh please.

There has been plenty of QoL and balance changes before the GG collab, yet you say it has been months? Please, you're reaching like Dhalsim.

There's a festival in Korea early June IIRC which is obviously when they'll unveil the Episode 2 information with more world nodes to auto run through.

And why even bring up no SC change when this is confirmed for next week?

GMXIr5K.jpg

I've been building Aither, because the game still hasn't given me Angelica after 7 months. I've been blowing loads of cash on wyvern experiments, it's not funny. Probably up to 1M moving around equipment by now.

You should pay attention to who's been datamined to have an SC..... since MontMo was always going to be Angelica lite if not better since she had cleanse and immunity.

Helga and Adlay are the next two unless someone cuts in line..

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Plenty of QoL? Like? Oh boy guild buffs automatically apply. What a massive change to the game.

Balance changes? That was March. Yes. Months. We're into June before we're likely to get changes. That is months.

We were getting a specialty change every month or so at least. Rikoris was back in March. Two plus months with no SC.

Also the festival is June where they're going to announce more information. So yay, announcing more content. Just like they announced content back in January that is nowhere to be seen.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Plenty of QoL? Like? Oh boy guild buffs automatically apply. What a massive change to the game.

Sigh

Me - Plenty of QoL changes before the GG collab
You - LOL @ THIS STUPID MINOR CHANGE THEY DID DURING THE GG COLLAB

Am I on reddit?

Balance changes? That was March. Yes. Months. We're into June before we're likely to get changes. That is months.

Oh my god two entire months without a change! The humanity!

Of all the faults Epic Seven has (and it has many) you seriously want to bitch about a lack of balance changes? I can't think of another big time gatcha game pulling as many changes in as quick a time as E7 has done, it's more akin to MMO changes than gatcha.

We were getting a specialty change every month or so at least. Rikoris was back in March. Two plus months with no SC.

Yes it has been that long, bitching about it a week out from the next SC just seems silly though.

Also the festival is June where they're going to announce more information. So yay, announcing more content. Just like they announced content back in January that is nowhere to be seen.

It's an actual event instead of a dev post, so like the Fate Grand Order/Grand Blue Fantasy ones in Japan they'll obviously have something to show.

I'm glad that you're upset about the lack of pets and no guild pve when the energy problem is the biggest issue, their pve system is broken (which is why they haven't even finished hell raid), them introducing mystic packs and gear drops and upgrades and soul crushingly rng based.

But yeah, we need that pet to pick up a level 44 green chest.

That's where the game is right now. You have to play the fucking speed meta or you just get to not play the game at all. Either that or run a dispeller with like 200+ speed and 150%+ effect resist, because that's a totally achievable goal and not unreasonable bullshit to deal with unreasonably bullshit characters.

Your cleanser doesn't need to be 200+ speed he just needs to be the quickest on your team for obvious reasons.

No point having your cleanser go in between ML Baal and ML Ara......

And building a Dingo that is your fastest as well as having 150% effect resist is a lot easier than winning a speed war.

112 base speed after awakenings
main stat level 85 boots, lets say resist.
speed set without any additional speed on them

He's rocking 180 speed already.

Kitty Clarissa and Dingo have Strak Gauntlet for easy mode resist....

I need 3 more copies to limit break mine... I've pretty sure I dusted 3-4 of them a few months back......

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
At least I'm not delusional and think they'll actually change those systems. The game is wholesale lifted from SW and they clearly don't care so I'd rather focus my energy on stuff they will change or add.

You keep mentioning QoL changes but the last one I can think of is the AP shop once again back in March.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
And why even bring up no SC change when this is confirmed for next week?

GMXIr5K.jpg

Has this been datamined?
The proportions are off, but who am I to criticize big chests in a Korean mobile game.
I adore the fact that she wears Diene's brooch that Krau gave her though. A+ lore, would fanfic again.

I don't want to work on Montmorancy now that I finally pulled Angelica, urgh.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
At least I'm not delusional and think they'll actually change those systems. The game is wholesale lifted from SW and they clearly don't care so I'd rather focus my energy on stuff they will change or add.

You keep mentioning QoL changes but the last one I can think of is the AP shop once again back in March.

You're right, you're completely right fam, I've seen the light.

Why couldn't this bum ass company introduce a SC during the Guilty Gear collab and not wait for it to be finished? I mean it's not like we didn't have plenty of energy left to spare to farm 410xGreater Runes & 40xEpic Runes let alone whatever conditions they put on her SC, maybe Hunt 120 times like Hazels?

I'm utterly bewildered, offended and appalled at why they didn't give us this during the collab.

Can't wait for my pet to pick up grey boots for me, going to be so much better.

Has this been datamined?
The proportions are off, but who am I to criticize big chests in a Korean mobile game.
I adore the fact that she wears Diene's brooch that Krau gave her though. A+ lore, would fanfic again.

I don't want to work on Montmorancy now that I finally pulled Angelica, urgh.

It's official art posted on the Korean patch notes.

Montmo might be a better healer since she can provide cleanse as well as immunity.

I wouldn't be surprised if Monto is better manual (since her s2 cleanses and heals it only goes off when someone is debuffed) and Angelica for auto, we'll see.

Depends on her rune tree as well.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I didn't even mention the SC in that post.

What are you even talking about.

Sorry man, I don't know why I thought that was relevant....

Not

sure

The game is wholesale lifted from SW and they clearly don't care so I'd rather focus my energy on stuff they will change or add.

why

Anyway I'm done, go bait someone else.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Cherry-picking one aspect of a post and rambling on sarcastically is not a good look.

I didn't see the heading for the Mont SC. I thought they just announced it for the future, which I really don't put stock in anymore because of their history with announcing features and them still being MIA 5 months later. So I'll drop that, because I missed it.

Still haven't gotten any QoL in months (collab would be a great time to introduce some with all the new players), still don't have features that were shown or discussed BY THEM, (2x speed, auto looting chests, etc), the promote system is a nightmare, the roster layout is atrocious...these are issues that can and should have been fixed or implemented by now. Auto repeat would be great, but they seem against it. I don't see why they would hold these features back for a festival. It's bad business.

Then we come to content. They mentioned guild PVE and world bosses I believe in January. It's May, and nothing. Not even more details. Just...silence. We know the new continent is coming, and it seems to have a solid window at least, but the other content? Nada.

Every month they mention something new and have nothing to show for it. Last month it was costumes. I'm just sick of these vague hints or teases when here we are, half a year after they're revealed, and they're not here. Worse, we have NO information on them.

Maybe this festival will be a massive blowout. That's great. But that's bad business. People are joining everyday, but people are quitting too.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Another ML pull.....and it's Lorina.
Welp...could be worse since I haven't unlocked her yet but I kinda hoped I would pull Requimroar.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Other than the Guild War buff what other QOL changes have we gotten? I'm probably spacing on them but I genuinely can't think of any

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice. The level 50 Mont I made a few months back will finally pay off. The redesign is cute. Hopefully she'll be useful.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Curious what changes they'll make to Mont. One of her skills will get a buff, probably the S2, and I'm sure they'll add one wacky thing to the Skill Tree like Wondrous Potion Vial. But I'm going to hold off on promoting her to 5* until we see it.

Not sure if I want to go in on a Tagehel's or Uberius Tooth for Dizzy/Luna before the shop changes. I kind of stopped using Luna in PvP and for Dizzy I really like Sira Ren. Probably just pass.

As far as the QoL changes, I think they've been plenty busy with the March changes (which were actually massive, the gear and AP exchange was a lot), then the collab, all while developing the new continent and characters that come with that. Sounds like they grew the team which is great and the fact that they are trying to make it more friendly for new players are QoL changes, just not for us. Those are more sorely needed than the other changes, I'd argue, new players are quite often lost on what to do. Auto pets do not take priority over ensuring new players know how to play the game.

It takes time to develop things and UI and back-end reworks aren't trivial and require a lot of testing. Don't fall into the lazy dev rhetoric, it's been 2 months since the last QoL update and there was a collab in the middle of it all, it's not a bad pace.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
The Pet system has been teased forever. It was supposed to be in by the end of January, and we still don't have it.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I'd forgotten the AP exchange, what's the gear exchange?

Not gear exchange, how they reworked how the gear rolled and retroactively changed all the gears stats. It's one thing to apply a change moving forward, but it's an entirely different beast to apply changes retroactively.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
You should pay attention to who's been datamined to have an SC..... since MontMo was always going to be Angelica lite if not better since she had cleanse and immunity.

Helga and Adlay are the next two unless someone cuts in line..

Oh, I am aware and have them ready for it. Only Aither beats out Mont in the wyvern department, and going by Mont's SC change description, that might not change either.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not gear exchange, how they reworked how the gear rolled and retroactively changed all the gears stats. It's one thing to apply a change moving forward, but it's an entirely different beast to apply changes retroactively.

Perhaps I'm recalling incorrectly but didn't the retroactive change only come in a week or so later after everyone lost their shit?

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Cherry-picking one aspect of a post and rambling on sarcastically is not a good look.

I didn't see the heading for the Mont SC. I thought they just announced it for the future, which I really don't put stock in anymore because of their history with announcing features and them still being MIA 5 months later. So I'll drop that, because I missed it.

Still haven't gotten any QoL in months (collab would be a great time to introduce some with all the new players), still don't have features that were shown or discussed BY THEM, (2x speed, auto looting chests, etc), the promote system is a nightmare, the roster layout is atrocious...these are issues that can and should have been fixed or implemented by now. Auto repeat would be great, but they seem against it. I don't see why they would hold these features back for a festival. It's bad business.

Then we come to content. They mentioned guild PVE and world bosses I believe in January. It's May, and nothing. Not even more details. Just...silence. We know the new continent is coming, and it seems to have a solid window at least, but the other content? Nada.

Every month they mention something new and have nothing to show for it. Last month it was costumes. I'm just sick of these vague hints or teases when here we are, half a year after they're revealed, and they're not here. Worse, we have NO information on them.

Maybe this festival will be a massive blowout. That's great. But that's bad business. People are joining everyday, but people are quitting too.

It definitely feels like they're rolling alot of that stuff into the chapter 2 release since that's the next big update.

Obviously could be wrong but with their mention of additions to their team, feels like the qol changes they've been mentioning were just stuck during that timeframe between when they we mentioned and when they got the team increase. And the collab and side stories (Destina now and Haste's before) were just filler for more time.

QoL stuff should be prioritized, but I really hope they introduce more end game content that can be done weekly/daily as well. Hell raid is great, except for the drops and the fact that there's only two fights so far...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The Pet system has been teased forever. It was supposed to be in by the end of January, and we still don't have it.

It was originally teased along with Abyss Purification UI improvements in the 11/21 Dev Notes and tentatively slated for release before the year's end. Keep in mind I don't begrudge them for pushing it back because things happen with development (and I only recently gave the game a fair shake anyway). They're clearly doing stuff that allows the game to be as successful as it is, but it's been a hot minute for a lot of folks who have been wanting that particular QoL change back when it was first announced.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps I'm recalling incorrectly but didn't the retroactive change only come in a week or so later after everyone lost their shit?

I think so but kinda irrelevant to the discussion. They can only do so much and if they are working on that, which was more important to the players than the pets, then they aren't working on pets.

It's fine, I just have a different perspective coming from product development and sustainment myself. You can't do everything and the nice to haves quickly take a backseat to growing and retaining your install base.

Status
Not open for further replies.