• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, okay. Makes sense.

What's the 2* mob for though? I usually promote the white dogs to 3* right away with random 1* or 2* mobs.
Once a 2* mob is max level, you can effectively use it as a white dog. The idea is to evolve your white dogs to 3*, evolve the 2* mob to 3*, then use those mobs to evolve the 3* white dog to 4*.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, so it saves you from making another dog. Gotcha.
Yes. As long as the star number is correct, you can use anything. You can evolve a 2* mob to 5* if you really wanted to. There are two reasons we use dogs at all.
  1. When a dog evolves, they start out with one additional level. For example, evolving a 2* dog yields a level 21 3* dog. Doing the same with a 2* fodder gives you a level 20 3*.
  2. Dogs get more EXP.
So it's easier to level dogs, and we only use 2* fodder initially since the EXP requirement isn't that high at that level.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Oh, so it saves you from making another dog. Gotcha.
If I can get by with a single hero I often run
2x 2* mobs
1x white wolf
1 carry hero
Partly because gold wolves are somewhat rarer. This way I have 2 3* mobs to feed to my white wolves and later. It really just depends on what I have.

Hopefully you get some good heroes and artefacts soon. Join a guild to get daily aid if you can. It also allows you to buy molagora and such from the shop each weak.

Prophetic Candlestick
Ancient Sheathe
Daydream Joker

Are some 3* artefacts to keep an eye out for. Prophetic Candlestick is great for Angelica if you run her in the front, tanking position. As she tanks hits she has a chance to decrease cool down and get her healing skills back up sooner. The other two are additional damage, the latter being most useful for enemies with heaps of HP (mostly later in the game but worth hanging onto a joker for now).

Casually watching a clip from YDCB pulling ML ara, got the feeling i should i use my 4 remaining mystic pulls and after the 3rd pull this happend.
ohmyfucking.jpg

This is how I feel right now

db0.gif

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
2x 2* mobs
1x white wolf
1 carry hero
Partly because gold wolves are somewhat rarer. This way I have 2 3* mobs to feed to my white wolves and later. It really just depends on what I have.

Hopefully you get some good heroes and artefacts soon. Join a guild to get daily aid if you can. It also allows you to buy molagora and such from the shop each weak.

Prophetic Candlestick
Ancient Sheathe
Daydream Joker

Are some 3* artefacts to keep an eye out for. Prophetic Candlestick is great for Angelica if you run her in the front, tanking position. As she tanks hits she has a chance to decrease cool down and get her healing skills back up sooner. The other two are additional damage, the latter being most useful for enemies with heaps of HP (mostly later in the game but worth hanging onto a joker for now).
I have all three of those artifacts, and I am indeed running Angelica at the front with the candlestick. Spamming her heal+barrier is great.

I'm in world 10 now, so maybe it's time to start putting joker on some of my DPS people? I usually put sheaths on them.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anywhere in game to check what rank you will be relegated to when the weekly PvP round ends?

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
2x 2* mobs
1x white wolf
1 carry hero

Prophetic Candlestick
Ancient Sheathe
Daydream Joker

This is how I feel right now

db0.gif

That gif is amazing. Yoink.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I have all three of those artifacts, and I am indeed running Angelica at the front with the candlestick. Spamming her heal+barrier is great.

I'm in world 10 now, so maybe it's time to start putting joker on some of my DPS people? I usually put sheaths on them.

Just to clarify, do you mean map area 10?
You unlock more story with harder difficulty that is named "World". So we have normal 10 or world 10

Completing the story should get you 12 gold transit stones. Most suggest cashing them in for moonlight tickets rather than the 4-5* gurantees. I hope you make me post the salty gif again when you get it. :P

I think sheathe might still be better for a bit. I guess it also depends on heroes. Sheathe is only for 1st skill.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I went in on Ken, again, and got trolled by Basar. I have to stop. Although AoE strip and anti-buff is nice, is he too slow to be useful in PvP?

I'm like the dog that finally catches the car, even if I got Ken he'd be third in line for 6* and doesn't even have gear waiting for him. It's almost morbid curiosity at this point of how many bookmarks I can spend without getting him, I'm around 650 in now and down to 950 overall bookmarks.

Unfortunately I do have to stop, I don't want to press my luck with having to come up with more than 300 bookmarks in a month.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I went in on Ken, again, and got trolled by Basar. I have to stop. Although AoE strip and anti-buff is nice, is he too slow to be useful in PvP?

I'm like the dog that finally catches the car, even if I got Ken he'd be third in line for 6* and doesn't even have gear waiting for him. It's almost morbid curiosity at this point of how many bookmarks I can spend without getting him, I'm around 650 in now and down to 950 overall bookmarks.

Unfortunately I do have to stop, I don't want to press my luck with having to come up with more than 300 bookmarks in a month.

I missed so many characters because I save for pity banners. That said I don't really regret it either. I have more than my fair share of natural 5*s and several 4* or 3* that are also worth using. At this point I almost feel some of the more useful 5* artefacts would be the most useful for me because they can be changed across characters as I need.

Ken spooked me while I was pulling for Luna. Baal when I was pulling Cermia. Tenebria when I wanted Krau. :<
At this point I may as well just pull during limited and see who else I get.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I missed so many characters because I save for pity banners. That said I don't really regret it either. I have more than my fair share of natural 5*s and several 4* or 3* that are also worth using. At this point I almost feel some of the more useful 5* artefacts would be the most useful for me because they can be changed across characters as I need.

Ken spooked me while I was pulling for Luna. Baal when I was pulling Cermia. Tenebria when I wanted Krau. :<
At this point I may as well just pull during limited and see who else I get.

Luna was the only 5* on her banner as all the limiteds are , they have a pity but at the same time there is only one 5* star character at a 1% rate which is the banner unit , you probably got ken somewhere else

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Luna was the only 5* on her banner as all the limiteds are , they have a pity but at the same time there is only one 5* star character at a 1% rate which is the banner unit , you probably got ken somewhere else

Hmm, might have been my daily during the banner then. I didn't know limited only have their own unit in 5* I thought it was just higher rate.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just fought the current #1 player. Good lord. The entire fight I did not land a single debuff nor did my Charles strip a single buff. Not one. I had no problem killing his DPS Coli, but his Armin, Diene and Ruele, not a chance. The timer damage got me.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
In terms of skystone efficiency, it's the best way to get bms. You're bound to find one set in 33 refreshes, almost equivalent to one purchase of 5 bms for stones.
Sometimes you'll have dry streaks, other times you'll get like 5 sets within 10 refreshes. And you have the chance at gear too, as well as 85 stuff if you're still new.

Gold is an issue early on but once you get on the wyvern 11 grind and you selectively enhance gear you end up with alot (I'm sitting at about 21m right now).

I've been using a weighted system to determine what to upgrade (Add % stats, 1.5x crit chance, 2x spd, if it totals over a certain amount per +3 enhance, keep going. If not, use as fodder for the next. Ignore flat stats. Only thing this wouldn't apply to is if I get a 3 or 4 spd piece so I can pray to get all spd rolls and get a 16+ spd piece of gear.)
Thanks, I'll probably try it. Might help with gear too, I haven't considered that as I struggle to get upgrades and have like 26m gold with not much to spend it on currently. But I've been known to hoard items in games without using them when I could so it may be the same issue. I should probably dedicate some time to look for team compositions and if I can gear them as I'm unable to beat wyvern 10, not to mention 11 heh. Thanks for the explanation.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, might have been my daily during the banner then. I didn't know limited only have their own unit in 5* I thought it was just higher rate.

Yeah , that is the catch , they give you a pity break , but at the same time they exclude the chance of you getting any other 5* unit along the way, you still can get 5*artifacts and 4* units , not so bad ...

Last edited:

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks, I'll probably try it. Might help with gear too, I haven't considered that as I struggle to get upgrades and have like 26m gold with not much to spend it on currently. But I've been known to hoard items in games without using them when I could so it may be the same issue. I should probably dedicate some time to look for team compositions and if I can gear them as I'm unable to beat wyvern 10, not to mention 11 heh. Thanks for the explanation.

What's your team like and what gear are you using? Initially I could farm 9, got past 10 once by sheer luck while testing (all the hits went onto the tanks), which let me do Wyvern 11. If you have Water's Origin + angelica, the gear requirements for W11 can be fairly low.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Don't know if I should try my mystics for SB Aramintha or wait for Rin. I don't NEED SB Aramintha, and I'm more interested in the utility experimentation Rin could bring. Guess I'll just wait, also don't like how quickly they are power creeping these ML characters honestly. Spec Sez is hilarious when compared to SB Aramintha.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't know if I should try my mystics for SB Aramintha or wait for Rin. I don't NEED SB Aramintha, and I'm more interested in the utility experimentation Rin could bring. Guess I'll just wait, also don't like how quickly they are power creeping these ML characters honestly. Spec Sez is hilarious when compared to SB Aramintha.

I think Rin is gonna allow a lot of funky comps and strategies and is pretty much going to ruin my Kayron, at least on defense. I personally think Sage Baal is the best of the lot and, depending on his AI, could be a bitch to deal with. Time to start stacking more effect resist.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Made it to Champion somehow. Turns out the trick was to push earlier in the week, not later. Also picking on the same guy over and over...it's funny how ML aramintha cleave teams are the only beatable things here.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Made it to Champion somehow. Turns out the trick was to push earlier in the week, not later. Also picking on the same guy over and over...it's funny how ML aramintha cleave teams are the only beatable things here.

Some guy beat me about 10 times in the span of a few hours. I assume I was the only guy he could beat and just refreshed to find me. Leave me alone, buddy!

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Ken is a beast, only level 42 and kept up with my level 60 Lidica (she's probably geared worse than Ken...) in Zerato Hell. Going to get him and Angie (level 55) to their max levels pretty quick in Zerato hell, the lesser charms are nice too.

Angelica was my 7th six star, Ken will be next... after that..... one of Iseria, Kayron, Shadow Rose, Sez and any of the collab units if I pull one.

So I'll cash out my last 2000 stones... lol and get nothing... and quit the game lol

They'll be a free 5 star welfare servant, I expect this one to be a lot stronger than Zeno.

Man Krau is so good. He just deletes units once when he S3s. Really saved the day in my last GW fight.

Yep Krau is a beast, been using him everywhere..... can't wait to get some actually decent gear on him.

I think Rin is gonna allow a lot of funky comps and strategies and is pretty much going to ruin my Kayron, at least on defense. I personally think Sage Baal is the best of the lot and, depending on his AI, could be a bitch to deal with. Time to start stacking more effect resist.

Sage Baal's so much better than ML Rin it isn't funny.

Rin is a good/great ML 4 star, Sage Baal is looking like one of the most broken characters in the game.

Dat S2 is way too strong and to make things worse they gave him the Taurus star sign stats, so his base stats are exactly the same as Zeno's who was the fastest mage in the game. If he had Basar's stats of 103 base speed instead of 115 you could work around his S2.....

Sage Baals AI will prioritize his S2, he'll only use his S3 once it feels the need to use it, similar to Krau since it deals more damage the more health he has lost...

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have to imagine Sol is going to be the free unit. Dizzy and Baiken are more appealing to Epic 7 players who arent familiar with GG.

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
I had to re-roll twice to get a healer (Destina) but I got one. The discord link doesn't work, what's the new link?

If anyone wants to be friends...

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Just to clarify, do you mean map area 10?
You unlock more story with harder difficulty that is named "World". So we have normal 10 or world 10

Completing the story should get you 12 gold transit stones. Most suggest cashing them in for moonlight tickets rather than the 4-5* gurantees. I hope you make me post the salty gif again when you get it. :P

I think sheathe might still be better for a bit. I guess it also depends on heroes. Sheathe is only for 1st skill.
10 normal. I just cleared 10-10 normal and got 6 transit stones. I'm guessing clearing everything on World difficulty gets me another 6?

When you say spending them on moonlight tickets, you mean the 5 galaxy bookmarks at the store right?

I suppose I could try the moonlight summon, since otherwise I'm just going to grind for Commander Lorina+fodders for the rest of the year or something.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
I had to re-roll twice to get a healer (Destina) but I got one. The discord link doesn't work, what's the new link?

If anyone wants to be friends...

Added. As a new player, many of the units you get from connections are pretty good and usable all the way to endgame (Silk, Lorina, Crozet, Alexa especially), so don't worry too much if your rolls aren't working out. I started with Destina and cleared the normal story with no issues, but you do have to gear them properly. at the start, just stick to complete item sets (e.g stick 6 health pieces on Destina). Once you get to Lvl 45 gear, choosing the right piece based on stats become more important.

10 normal. I just cleared 10-10 normal and got 6 transit stones. I'm guessing clearing everything on World difficulty gets me another 6?

When you say spending them on moonlight tickets, you mean the 5 galaxy bookmarks at the store right?

I suppose I could try the moonlight summon, since otherwise I'm just going to grind for Commander Lorina+fodders for the rest of the year or something.

Yes, the galaxy bookmarks lets you do the Moonlight summon. The moonlight summon has unique units you can't really get elsewhere, and many of the 4* and 5* are very good, especially if you like PVP. Even the 3*s have some nice units like Chaos Axe and Doris. The worst whiff is probably getting Lorina/Elson again.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, the galaxy bookmarks lets you do the Moonlight summon. The moonlight summon has unique units you can't really get elsewhere, and many of the 4* and 5* are very good, especially if you like PVP. Even the 3*s have some nice units like Chaos Axe and Doris. The worst whiff is probably getting Lorina/Elson again.
Just did it and got 3* Mirsa. So not the worst whiff, but she doesn't seem great either. :(

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so ready to pull for new heroes. Hopefully we get information on their skills soon. I've been holding out on building new heroes in case the collab characters can be used in hunts. With Sol seemingly confirmed to be fire, I hope he'll help out with Golem 11.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never really paid much attention to PvP before (e.g. didnt know it was coins not gems to refresh). Probably left it a bit late in the week but ground my way up to Challenger. I have to say I do not have a good grasp of how PvP works in this game. If I wasn't saving for the collab units I'd be tempted to blow molas and wolves on A. Cartuja and Violet to try and make an evasion team. The impact of gear also makes such a big difference than beyond basic skillsets I find it hard to make calls on which units I don't want to face e.g. sometimes Luna isnt that big a threat and sometimes she just evaporates my units. I will say, fuck ML Aramintha.

Hey all newbie here looking for some friends
Ign: h0tp0ck3t
Is there an era guild?

Sent you an invite to Overflow if you want, we're fairly (very?) casual. Ideally (once you get yourself established) you (people) would Donate and fight in GW. Even if you can't afford to donate (and it might be tight at the beginning) put in requests for Aid, its a good way to get some runes and such when you're starting and its handy for the people helping you. No worries about being kicked or anything unless you're offline for several days.

Sent a friend request as well. Didnt realise how many lapsed friends I had in there. Tons of free spots now.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Booted this game back up this week because Brave Exvius broke my spirit and the Guilty Gear collaboration piqued my interest. My account's kinda old, but I've got an okay spread of characters.

My 5* units right now are Sez, Destina, Tywin, Ravi, and Charlotte. I also awakened Mercedes to 5*. Sez seems to be by a wide margin my most powerful unit.

My big question is: I seem to be hitting a power plateau and can't progress the story anymore around chapter 7 or 8 because my characters feel weak. What's the fastest/easiest way to level them up?

Last edited:

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Just got Ravi and Lotts in one of the 30 pulls. Should I keep them, or keep rerolling untill I get Angelica?

Ravi is a machine that will carry you through all kinds of content and easily so early on. Lots isn't in the highest echelon of healers, but the best right after. I think this is a super solid 10-pull personally.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
So is there a complete understanding of how cr boosts work when both sides boost at the same time/right after each other before the turn ends? Most relevant examples of this are:

1) Hitting a Purgis with Schuri, or a unit with a tank on the team with Hilag Lance.

2) Hitting Wyvern 11 with Schuri, turn ends and Wyvern gets boost.

I'll use Wyvern as the example. I don't know if the above are different cases but I'll assume they're the same because of the outcomes I get.

- Schuri hits Wyvern and boosts Luna, TG, Crozet to 100%. Crozet is in front, TG middle and Luna behind.
- Turn ends, Wyvern boosts to 100%.
- Crozet hits, TG hits, but then Wyvern goes before my Luna.
- This happens every time. The only time Wyvern doesn't go before my Luna is when Schuri gets a Dual Attack with Cro or TG and boosts again.

Speeds are:

Cro 98
Luna 171
TG 178

So there's not much of a difference in speed, so maybe it's not based on soley speed, but a combo of speed and positioning before the CR boost? Maybe it takes into account how much CR boost was used/remaining? Only want to solve this so my Luna is able to hit when TG def breaks.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
So is there a complete understanding of how cr boosts work when both sides boost at the same time/right after each other before the turn ends? Most relevant examples of this are:

1) Hitting a Purgis with Schuri, or a unit with a tank on the team with Hilag Lance.

2) Hitting Wyvern 11 with Schuri, turn ends and Wyvern gets boost.

I'll use Wyvern as the example. I don't know if the above are different cases but I'll assume they're the same because of the outcomes I get.

- Schuri hits Wyvern and boosts Luna, TG, Crozet to 100%. Crozet is in front, TG middle and Luna behind.
- Turn ends, Wyvern boosts to 100%.
- Crozet hits, TG hits, but then Wyvern goes before my Luna.
- This happens every time. The only time Wyvern doesn't go before my Luna is when Schuri gets a Dual Attack with Cro or TG and boosts again.

Speeds are:

Cro 98
Luna 171
TG 178

So there's not much of a difference in speed, so maybe it's not based on soley speed, but a combo of speed and positioning before the CR boost? Maybe it takes into account how much CR boost was used/remaining? Only want to solve this so my Luna is able to hit when TG def breaks.

Your best chance to understand what is happening is clicking on the hourglass in the turn bar for each action and see for yourself , it will show the combat readiness of everyone in the combat , speed and CR work together here , don't know the base speed of the Wyvern though.

Another thing is Wyvern's speed slow down during shield phase and after they corrected the bug immediately goes back to normal once shield is depleted and leads to some bizarre behavior

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Your best chance to understand what is happening is clicking on the hourglass in the turn bar for each action and see for yourself , it will show the combat readiness of everyone in the combat , speed and CR work together here , don't know the base speed of the Wyvern though

Oh i know that, it's just that I was wondering if there were any concrete details of the mechanics yet. It'll show turn order but everyone is at 100%. In terms of cr

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Oh i know that, it's just that I was wondering if there were any concrete details of the mechanics yet. It'll show turn order but everyone is at 100%. In terms of cr

Never read anything about it and we would need to know the Wyvern speed too for something more precise and considering there are even RNG involved predictability is hard to achieve (you can see this when two units have similar speed, their turn order will vary)

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Wyvern 11 speed is about 214. My Kise is almost always right behind it at 211 speed but will rarely beat it to the punch on the first turn thanks to the 5 speed RNG.

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
Booted this game back up this week because Brave Exvius broke my spirit and the Guilty Gear collaboration piqued my interest. My account's kinda old, but I've got an okay spread of characters.

My 5* units right now are Sez, Destina, Tywin, Ravi, and Charlotte. I also awakened Mercedes to 5*. Sez seems to be by a wide margin my most powerful unit.

My big question is: I seem to be hitting a power plateau and can't progress the story anymore around chapter 7 or 8 because my characters feel weak. What's the fastest/easiest way to level them up?

If you want to really powerlevel a character just send them alone with an OP friend unit who can solo the level - that way the unit gets 100% exp isntead of sharing. Other than that really any super quick way to level up units in the game other than just playing. Farm labyrinth, its a good place to get powerful early gear, and try to get breath of orbis in adventure to unlock the dispatch missions (1/1/1 is good enough) so you can upgrade your gear a little bit.

You have decent units although IMO Mecerdes should be benched ASAP, there are much more powerful and useful free characters. This game punishes spreading yourself too thin so its not worth upgrading characters who wont take you anywhere.

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2exn4tv.png

Decided to swap equipments for s rose and judith to try reaching the champion arena.

I hope i can reach it, really need the diamonds for the collab event lol

Status
Not open for further replies.