• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Impressive. Do you seldom pull or are you quite lucky (or both)?
I guess you could say 'both'. I pulled Bellona within 80 pulls, Lidica within 40 TWICE, and most recently got Charles after some 150 pulls (which is still quite lucky considering).

I skipped every banner in-between. I only used loose bookmarks on Cermia; my skystone stash was never touched. The power of restraint and self-control.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Getting a high speed neck/ring is going to be the death of me. Month so far and this has been the highest I've gotten. Really want to get a 15+ spd one soon. Probably will put this on Ken in the end.

cdaccabe-260b-4813-bfzbkr5.png

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Collabs and stuff are nice but I would fucking love the ability to re-roll at least one sub-stat on items, a proper auto mode and an option to skip animations.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I like imagining awful monkey paw scenarios with features. Reroll a substat of a max level gear, resets to lv1 and your rolls are all RNG again. Each successive try will increase the likelihood of it down leveling.

You can skip animations but your AI become dumb and only use S1s.... Wait a minute....

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Did some back of the napkin math to see where I'd be in 2 weeks with bookmarks and spent a few more to try and get Ken, no luck again. I'm now at the point where my arena stones and daily stones are all spoken for two weeks out for double pity :)

Assuming they have events that give more during the collab (they will) I'll have a few more tries at Ken on Wednesday.

Dunno why I want him so bad, just seems so fun to play. I think I'm about 400 bookmarks into pulling for him now.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Did some back of the napkin math to see where I'd be in 2 weeks with bookmarks and spent a few more to try and get Ken, no luck again. I'm now at the point where my arena stones and daily stones are all spoken for two weeks out for double pity :)

Assuming they have events that give more during the collab (they will) I'll have a few more tries at Ken on Wednesday.

Dunno why I want him so bad, just seems so fun to play. I think I'm about 400 bookmarks into pulling for him now.

Keep in mind that you will also be earning arena skystones and daily skystones while the event is running. Any bonus from reputation or other sources are nice too. Water Gun and other events also seem to be giving some bms and then there is the odd secret shop and dungeon shop gets. I'd definitely save for the event banners but just some thoughts for the napkin maths. I can't justify pulling for Haste so I'll save it for some other banner. I wish they had Iseria up for one more day while showing Ken and Haste, I'd have pulled for her a bit more on the last day if I knew what was ahead.

Wow silver blade amarintha is a complete beast in PvP
And she looks awesome too. I'll never get her :'(

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any particular map I should grind for the new vampire event? Or do they all give the same amount of event currency?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any particular map I should grind for the new vampire event? Or do they all give the same amount of event currency?
For these events, in general, you want to grind the stages with the different difficulties. Normal gives the most EXP per stamina and Hell gives the most event currency per stamina.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017

These are prime opportunity to level fodder, you should run the difficulty you can that allows you to have 1 or 2 fodder on your team given that you can call on a friend when the fodder dies, it'll still get EXP. I typically try and run my best two units with a 3* Silver Phantasma and a 4* Gold Phantasma. Using the 2* fodder drops from the event to upgrare the 2* Phantasma from the sanctuary to 3*.

Keep in mind that you will also be earning arena skystones and daily skystones while the event is running. Any bonus from reputation or other sources are nice too. Water Gun and other events also seem to be giving some bms and then there is the odd secret shop and dungeon shop gets. I'd definitely save for the event banners but just some thoughts for the napkin maths. I can't justify pulling for Haste so I'll save it for some other banner. I wish they had Iseria up for one more day while showing Ken and Haste, I'd have pulled for her a bit more on the last day if I knew what was ahead.

Yup! Already factored in my arena rewards and as a source of 50 bookmarks after two weeks. I have the monthly pack as well that gives 30 a day. I also have some SSS imprint rewards to achieve that'll happen while i'm pity breaking. So realistically I have 20 or so more pulls I can make on Ken and still be ready. I'm like a crack addict.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
These are prime opportunity to level fodder, you should run the difficulty you can that allows you to have 1 or 2 fodder on your team given that you can call on a friend when the fodder dies, it'll still get EXP. I typically try and run my best two units with a 3* Silver Phantasma and a 4* Gold Phantasma. Using the 2* fodder drops from the event to upgrare the 2* Phantasma from the sanctuary to 3*.
Yeah, I'm doing that right now, except one of the leveling units is Lorina because I just unlocked her. I'm trying to promote enough silver phantasms (damn I need a lot of them...) so that I could upgrade one of my 4* units to 5*, though I haven't decided who yet. I heard I should save my gold phantasms for 5* > 6* promotes.

I didn't expect this game to become Dog Breeding Simulator 2019, but it looks like that's what I'll be doing for the foreseeable future lol.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Finally reached Legend. I'm sure I'll wake up with 30 defensive losses but I'll enjoy it up here while I can. Ty to all the ML Ara teams who didn't run a stripper :)

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Yeah, I'm doing that right now, except one of the leveling units is Lorina because I just unlocked her. I'm trying to promote enough silver phantasms (damn I need a lot of them...) so that I could upgrade one of my 4* units to 5*, though I haven't decided who yet. I heard I should save my gold phantasms for 5* > 6* promotes.

I didn't expect this game to become Dog Breeding Simulator 2019, but it looks like that's what I'll be doing for the foreseeable future lol.

If I remember your current characters right I think you have Angie, Carm, Helga and Lorina, probably some others like Alexa too.

I would probably aim for Lorina or Angie. Lorina becomes an incredible single target dps hero after heavy investment. You need to specialty change her which starts when she reaches lv50. The process is also grindy include objectives like 50 urgent missions... so getting her to 50 let's you start earlier.
Angelica is another good choice because she is one of the best healers, useful in a variety of content and can be used as a tank in some cases.

Wolf breeding simulator is about right. I'm constantly raising them on the side.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, for repeated side content you are 100% right, it's constantly leveling a dog. The alternative is to use penguins but you'll run out faster than you can raise them. To push through Abyss, Challenges, Labyrinths, Raids, and PvP will be where you use fully built teams.

On the flip side you can look at it like "I want to build this character so strong he can walk 3 dogs instead of 2!" as a goal :P

You're right on the golds, but you get them at 3* so after promoting them to 4* you still have to level them from 30 to 40. Then you promote them to 5* (don't level them at 5*) and hold onto them for a 6* hero.

And it seems ridiculous at first, but when you get to higher content you get more EXP and fodder levels a lot faster. I can do a 6* about every two weeks just running through the base stamina the game gives me and I'm nowhere near efficient yet. You also get free golds and a can buy them out of various shops in the game (including a Terra in the Guild shop each month).

Last edited:

Volgihn

Oct 25, 2017
Here is my progress so far.
This is the team I ended up with after I got tired of rolling.

This is what my team looks like at the moment.

I hit a wall while playing through the story (was mostly leaving everything on auto since I was at work) so I ended up running spirit altar and the haste event to level up my characters. I applied to the EpicEra guild, my nickname in game is Volgihn. Im going to keep trying to clear the story and farm some equipment from the labyrinth. Any tips are appreciated

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finally reached Legend. I'm sure I'll wake up with 30 defensive losses but I'll enjoy it up here while I can. Ty to all the ML Ara teams who didn't run a stripper :)
Nice! What team are you running? I'm struggling just to get to Challenger II. But I'm running a sub-optimal cleave team that's being dragged to the finish line by ML Ken and to a lesser extent Judge Kise.

Here is my progress so far.
This is the team I ended up with after I got tired of rolling.

This is what my team looks like at the moment.

I hit a wall while playing through the story (was mostly leaving everything on auto since I was at work) so I ended up running spirit altar and the haste event to level up my characters. I applied to the EpicEra guild, my nickname in game is Volgihn. Im going to keep trying to clear the story and farm some equipment from the labyrinth. Any tips are appreciated

If you find yourself unable to auto, just switch to manual for a few stages. You can definitely clear a couple more that way. Most people's first set of good gear comes from Abyss, so make sure you at least use your 3 entry tickets every day to try to make your way through it as you get stronger. If you can't beat a floor, purify. This consumes your ticket but gives you Stigma and Gold. So if you're stuck on a floor for weeks at a time (which will happen), remember to purify 3 times a day for free Stigma and Gold.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
That's a great pull to stop on. Vildred is one of the best units in the game. Wonderous Potion Vial is a great artifact. Helga is awesome and I used her a majority of the story. She's also in the pipeline for a Specialty change.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I love this revenge mechanic, much easier to find wins as my defensive team is pretty bad.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nice! What team are you running? I'm struggling just to get to Challenger II. But I'm running a sub-optimal cleave team that's being dragged to the finish line by ML Ken and to a lesser extent Judge Kise.

I mix it up a bit depending on the opponent, with the only constant being Ruele. Most commonly used characters are Charles, Kayron, Ken and Cidd, and I've started to use Luna more, as bursting down 20k HP teams is annoying without heavy DPS. The real key, though, is knowing how the AI will work and challenging the right opponents.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I mix it up a bit depending on the opponent, with the only constant being Ruele. Most commonly used characters are Charles, Kayron, Ken and Cidd, and I've started to use Luna more, as bursting down 20k HP teams is annoying without heavy DPS. The real key, though, is knowing how the AI will work and challenging the right opponents.

Don't use Lidica in arena? I remember yours being crazy powerful. I'm way down in Master but she's very useful in disrupting the mass amounts of Bellona's down there.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't use Lidica in arena? I remember yours being crazy powerful. I'm way down in Master but she's very useful in disrupting the mass amounts of Bellona's down there.

Yeah she's my strongest character (by Cp) but I need the AI to target Kayron. Ken is okay bc he has so much HP. There are also insane resistances on some of these arena folks.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
burned though like 7000 skystones to not get jack squat... how can they do this...

RNG gonna RNG, I'm right there with you in going for Ken. Oh well.

On the other-hand boy am I ready to 6* some new collab characters.

3CFgdHi.jpg

Last thing I'll do is probably farm up some fire and water runes this weekend so I can awaken them relatively quickly as well.

These better not be a let down lol.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
RNG gonna RNG, I'm right there with you in going for Ken. Oh well.

On the other-hand boy am I ready to 6* some new collab characters.

3CFgdHi.jpg

Last thing I'll do is probably farm up some fire and water runes this weekend so I can awaken them relatively quickly as well.

These better not be a let down lol.

Did someone say fodder?

o5yuso.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Can I has some fodder...?

Just six starred Hazel. It feels almost demoralizing right after that to have 0 progress towards the next one.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
7000 stones really isn't that much. The game poops out bookmarks at a pretty insane rate. I'm at over 1700 bookmarks and I pull at least 20 or so times each banner, and was nearly at zero when Charles rolled around.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Ah. The typical gacha cycle
pretty much. its not gonna get any better spending over 10k skystones and still having nothing considerable I'm not gonna wast my time anymore for an unenjoyable gaming experience.

7000 stones really isn't that much. The game poops out bookmarks at a pretty insane rate. I'm at over 1700 bookmarks and I pull at least 20 or so times each banner, and was nearly at zero when Charles rolled around.

How'd you get that many bookmarks?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
How'd you get that many bookmarks?
Playing the game and refreshing the secret shop. I have never purchased the 50 bookmarks for 950 skystone bundle, ever. From just playing, events, logins, etc (not including things like chest drops, etc) I get around 8k skystones a month (sheet says 8110). Throw in drops from chests, W11, etc, it's probably around 9.5k/month (transferring the earned bookmarks to skystones).

Add things like the water gun event, celebrations, and so on...yeah you can earn 12k worth of skystones a month. It adds up quickly. Then you take those skystones and refresh the secret shop, buy the bookmarks...

Suddenly you're at 1700 bookmarks after a couple months, only buying the monthly pack.

Edit: Wait, I did buy the BOGO pack between then and now. So there's that.

Oct 25, 2017
Playing the game and refreshing the secret shop. I have never purchased the 50 bookmarks for 950 skystone bundle, ever. From just playing, events, logins, etc (not including things like chest drops, etc) I get around 8k skystones a month (sheet says 8110). Throw in drops from chests, W11, etc, it's probably around 9.5k/month (transferring the earned bookmarks to skystones).

Add things like the water gun event, celebrations, and so on...yeah you can earn 12k worth of skystones a month. It adds up quickly. Then you take those skystones and refresh the secret shop, buy the bookmarks...

Suddenly you're at 1700 bookmarks after a couple months, only buying the monthly pack.

I have 400k gold...

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

That's pretty crazy. I think I spent all of my Skystones + Bookmarks on Charles. Skipped Cermia, Krau/Tenebria, Iseria, and now Ken/Haste. But I don't have nearly that many after a month and a half. I'm at about 430 Bookmarks and 9.5k Skystones.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
6*ed Yuffine today. Tenebria got her 6th star 8 days ago. Both were benchsitters in my team for over 2 months. And I still has Charlotte, Krau, ML Vildred, Aramintha and ML Ken waiting for their turn, to speak only of the natural 5 stars.

Maybe I should just use the skystones for stamina and stop buying bookmarks.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty crazy. I think I spent all of my Skystones + Bookmarks on Charles. Skipped Cermia, Krau/Tenebria, Iseria, and now Ken/Haste. But I don't have nearly that many after a month and a half. I'm at about 430 Bookmarks and 9.5k Skystones.

If you have the gold it's a lot better use of skystones to buy from the secret shop than the 950 to 50 rate in the normal shop. But it's like 180,000 gold for 5 bookmarks so unless you are constantly grinding Wyvern 11 it's not really an option.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Is it really worth it to refresh the secret shop with skystones? It's been a few months since I saw Bookmarks on sale there, they seem to be really rare.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Is it really worth it to refresh the secret shop with skystones? It's been a few months since I saw Bookmarks on sale there, they seem to be really rare.

In terms of skystone efficiency, it's the best way to get bms. You're bound to find one set in 33 refreshes, almost equivalent to one purchase of 5 bms for stones.
Sometimes you'll have dry streaks, other times you'll get like 5 sets within 10 refreshes. And you have the chance at gear too, as well as 85 stuff if you're still new.

Gold is an issue early on but once you get on the wyvern 11 grind and you selectively enhance gear you end up with alot (I'm sitting at about 21m right now).

I've been using a weighted system to determine what to upgrade (Add % stats, 1.5x crit chance, 2x spd, if it totals over a certain amount per +3 enhance, keep going. If not, use as fodder for the next. Ignore flat stats. Only thing this wouldn't apply to is if I get a 3 or 4 spd piece so I can pray to get all spd rolls and get a 16+ spd piece of gear.)

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Casually watching a clip from YDCB pulling ML ara, got the feeling i should i use my 4 remaining mystic pulls and after the 3rd pull this happend.
ohmyfucking.jpg

Last edited:

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
If I remember your current characters right I think you have Angie, Carm, Helga and Lorina, probably some others like Alexa too.

I would probably aim for Lorina or Angie. Lorina becomes an incredible single target dps hero after heavy investment. You need to specialty change her which starts when she reaches lv50. The process is also grindy include objectives like 50 urgent missions... so getting her to 50 let's you start earlier.
Angelica is another good choice because she is one of the best healers, useful in a variety of content and can be used as a tank in some cases.

Wolf breeding simulator is about right. I'm constantly raising them on the side.
Yeah, I have just Angelica + a bunch of free units. My current team is Angelica + Mercedes + Silk + Lorina. Lorina recently replaced Alexa because I figure I'll want to start on her specialty change stuff as soon as I can. I promoted Lorina and Silk so far, as Angelica has been doing fine at 4* and I figured I needed the damage more. Angelica will get promoted with the next batch of dogs. Mercedes will probably be replaced later, but for now she seems to be my best source of AoE damage.

All my daily summons have been artifacts so far lol. RNG in this game has not been kind to me.

Yeah, for repeated side content you are 100% right, it's constantly leveling a dog. The alternative is to use penguins but you'll run out faster than you can raise them. To push through Abyss, Challenges, Labyrinths, Raids, and PvP will be where you use fully built teams.

On the flip side you can look at it like "I want to build this character so strong he can walk 3 dogs instead of 2!" as a goal :P

You're right on the golds, but you get them at 3* so after promoting them to 4* you still have to level them from 30 to 40. Then you promote them to 5* (don't level them at 5*) and hold onto them for a 6* hero.

And it seems ridiculous at first, but when you get to higher content you get more EXP and fodder levels a lot faster. I can do a 6* about every two weeks just running through the base stamina the game gives me and I'm nowhere near efficient yet. You also get free golds and a can buy them out of various shops in the game (including a Terra in the Guild shop each month).
But I thought I can't walk three dogs at once? I can't seem to put more than one dog of the same type on a single team.

I used 2-3 gold dogs to promote Lorina just today, because my roster was completely overcrowded with dogs. I'm actually sitting on a few quest rewards instead of taking them because I just don't have the space for them right now. I know I can expand, but I think I should prioritize saving up skystones for now for bookmarks? And considering the rate I'm getting dogs right now (I don't want to blow through my stigma that fast), I'll have enough weekly gold dogs to make up for the ones I spent just now, well before I'm ready to make my first 6* unit. Better to get a core to 50 before starting to save all my golds, I think.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I have just Angelica + a bunch of free units. My current team is Angelica + Mercedes + Silk + Lorina. Lorina recently replaced Alexa because I figure I'll want to start on her specialty change stuff as soon as I can. I promoted Lorina and Silk so far, as Angelica has been doing fine at 4* and I figured I needed the damage more. Angelica will get promoted with the next batch of dogs. Mercedes will probably be replaced later, but for now she seems to be my best source of AoE damage.

All my daily summons have been artifacts so far lol. RNG in this game has not been kind to me.

But I thought I can't walk three dogs at once? I can't seem to put more than one dog of the same type on a single team.

I used 2-3 gold dogs to promote Lorina just today, because my roster was completely overcrowded with dogs. I'm actually sitting on a few quest rewards instead of taking them because I just don't have the space for them right now. I know I can expand, but I think I should prioritize saving up skystones for now for bookmarks? And considering the rate I'm getting dogs right now (I don't want to blow through my stigma that fast), I'll have enough weekly gold dogs to make up for the ones I spent just now, well before I'm ready to make my first 6* unit. Better to get a core to 50 before starting to save all my golds, I think.

One gold dog, one white dog and a normal 2* mob.

Status
Not open for further replies.