• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Sprites are infinitely more important than the art.

Kayron for example has the fucking ugliest sprite in the game and it actually makes me not use him.

I am the opposite. For example, Arowell looks like a battle-hardened warrior in her sprite. But gaze at her art and the truth is she is just another loli.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Hard pass on this collab, which means that I'll be saving up bookmarks and skystones for another month at a bare minimum. Yeah.

unknown.png

Well, at least I probably won't have any issues with getting a character I actually like when one FINALLY drops.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Hard pass on this collab, which means that I'll be saving up bookmarks and skystones for another month at a bare minimum. Yeah.

unknown.png

Well, at least I probably won't have any issues with getting a character I actually like when one FINALLY drops.

I'm more jealous of those Mystic Bookmarks, I want ML Rin when she comes out. I need to stop summoning every time a Guild War ends.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just realised I forgot to do the water gun thing before reset.

unknown.png

Impressive. Do you seldom pull or are you quite lucky (or both)?

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Went a little nuts for Ken, ran down 350 bookmarks and only 2 5* artifacts to show for it. Shimadras Staff and Violets Artifact. Dipped down to 1085 bookmarks. Celeste was my ML pull from all that too ):

Spent all my luck on Iseria I guess. Shouldn't have a problem getting back to a second pity pull in three weeks, but I have to avoid temptation to keep pulling Ken.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Yep, they gave her a character model for no reason and just story purposes....

Lol right 😂

She'll either going to be available during this event or theylll have a further event on this story with her, ky and someone else being summon units

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how long this collab has been in the works. Didn't they say it takes like 3 months to make a new unit?

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Got Haste pulling for Cermia so I'm straight;(also Got Sez on the Krau and though I do like Ken.....do we even know if these GG units will be good?

Aslo how much stock do you guys/gals put into Epic7x.com?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Got Haste pulling for Cermia so I'm straight;(also Got Sez on the Krau and though I do like Ken.....do we even know if these GG units will be good?

I don't think they'd hype it up and put a Ken bait banner before then units if they weren't going to be awesome. They arent going to be MA Ken crazy but I imagine they'll be up there with the best Nat 5s even if they decide to make them niche. They poured a lot of effort into this so they want to cash in.

I like Epic7x more than the discord list, it provides a lot more justification for each unit and does a better job breaking down recommended builds.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I'll go look over my gear again then. I'm pretty sure I've been keeping some very low level gear around for the set bonus when I shouldn't.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Sad about I-no. Most likely going to be an artifact then.
Hopefully they do another collab in the future and they include her and others like May and Slayer.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I'd bet money that the gg collab units are great. So far both limited units have been awesome, and I don't think the IP is strong enough to spur sales if they units are just average.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
If they turn out poorly I think they'll buff them up because it would reflect poorly on future limited events. They also have done well in buffing heroes such as Ken and Tam.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be surprised if the collab units weren't very good if not outright top tier. They are both limited, which has some pedigree for being powerful and collab units, whatever the licencing cost they certainly want to make a nice profit on it and the best way to do that is to make the units very powerful.

If they turn out poorly I think they'll buff them up because it would reflect poorly on future limited events. They also have done well in buffing heroes such as Ken and Tam.

Arguably a bit too well in Tama's case.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
My mystic pulls are so trash. I pulled this week even when most of the non-5* were not to my liking because I really wanted ML Ama. Just not happening. Not even a useful 4* dupe. Blah.

Staab

Oct 28, 2017
Same for me, my mystic pulls have been 100% trash.
I had 600+ saved up and blew through it all without even a single 4* unit.
I really feel like due to the rarity of Mystic medals the pull rates should be goddamn higher...

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I'm getting roughly 3 pulls a week, maybe a 4th if I'm lucky and don't flunk any or have any losses this week but I mostly get crappy artefacts.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just regard the mystic summons as a semi-regular 3* artifact (of which I would need a lot more to get Sigurds Scythe before the shop reset)

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
My mystic and ML have been rough. Nothing higher than a 3* in Mystic and one 4* in ML which happened to be Blaze Dingo.

Tempted to dive back in for Ken, somebody convince me otherwise! I'm only 30 bookmarks short of two pity pulls and I feel like in 3 weeks time when the second banner comes up I'll have saved up enough for a second pity (assuming I need pity on the first one). I just think the banners will be lukewarm for a bit after the collab and its possible Ken may even be better than some of the collab units.

Also any tips for Abyss 81? I can get past the first encounter with Axe God, Lidica, Luna, and Angelica, but the Schuri's just overwhelm me after a couple rounds. Not being able to debuff him kinda makes Axe God not good and Lidica less useful.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Going against what I said earlier I went all in and more for Ken.

Thought to myself I'll just use what I've saved and I'll get him.... nope.

Okay I'll buy a pack and I'll get a dope 5 star (nope got Dingo) and I'll get him quick and the leftovers will get me the first GG limited unit..... nope got a dupe Sigret (please buff) and not even a 5 star artifact... but I did get my first Dust Devil, Achates and Zerato.

Despair..... lost all my collab savings and what I would've spent on the collab... and didn't even get Ken.

New side story gave me 4 pulls... nope.

I haven't seen bookmarks in the secret shop for like a week.....

Did water gun and got 3 Leifs and 1 bookmark... grabbed a bookmark from the water gun replacement

Had 14 bookmarks.... 3 star artifact.... 9 bookmarks....

That top lad shows up on the right side and I'm just hoping for a character I don't have at least...

It's Ken..... Mission complete.

I have nothing left for the collab, will need to at least pull the first one in under 5 pulls like I did Luna to have a chance to get both.

Oh well, at least I'll get welfare Sol (watch him now be better than Ken)

My mystic pulls are so trash. I pulled this week even when most of the non-5* were not to my liking because I really wanted ML Ama. Just not happening. Not even a useful 4* dupe. Blah.

I got Rod of Amaryllis from mystic summons... after I bought it from the shop.

I also got a 4 star Dingo... normal Dingo not ML.....

That's it.

Last edited:

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017

Okay I'll buy a pack and I'll get a dope 5 star (nope got Dingo) and I'll get him quick and the leftovers will get me the first GG limited unit..... nope got a dupe Sigret (please buff) and not even a 5 star artifact... but I did get my first Dust Devil, Achates and Zerato.

Despair..... lost all my collab savings and what I would've spent on the collab... and didn't even get Ken.

Did water gun and got 3 Leifs and 1 bookmark... grabbed a bookmark from the water gun replacement

That top lad shows up on the right side and I'm just hoping for a character I don't have at least...

I have nothing left for the collab, will need to at least pull the first one in under 5 pulls like I did Luna to have a chance to get both.

That's it.

This is pretty much my nightmare scenario word-for-word, except without the 'happy' ending. Grats either way. At least he popped up.

I still need... 3,498 stones for a guaranteed double pity. Saving, saving.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Occasionally I try to farm runes for a SC character but then I'm quickly reminded of why I've been taking it slow; sorry Roozid you'll get your speed runes eventually. I have no idea how or why I got Fluri to +30, buff Spirit Alters!

My mystic and ML have been rough. Nothing higher than a 3* in Mystic and one 4* in ML which happened to be Blaze Dingo.

Tempted to dive back in for Ken, somebody convince me otherwise! I'm only 30 bookmarks short of two pity pulls and I feel like in 3 weeks time when the second banner comes up I'll have saved up enough for a second pity (assuming I need pity on the first one). I just think the banners will be lukewarm for a bit after the collab and its possible Ken may even be better than some of the collab units.

Also any tips for Abyss 81? I can get past the first encounter with Axe God, Lidica, Luna, and Angelica, but the Schuri's just overwhelm me after a couple rounds. Not being able to debuff him kinda makes Axe God not good and Lidica less useful.

If you need help in not pulling for Ken think of the banner they put after the collab! When a lot of people will be drained of bookmarks and skystones. Also people are predicting sol as a fire warrior so you can at least wait for the notes next week.

As for Abyss 81 it's tricky as well as a clear step up in difficulty over 80. When the Schuri's align on their AOE there's a lot of CR nonsense; the regular shuri's will have the focus for full burst which CR down's your team while boosting theirs. I've seen it said that killing/provoking one occasionally makes it more manageable, a well timed AOE immunity can help too, or setting them up to die then arkying them before the burst but that requires a fair bit of damage; but at the end of the day there's a level of damage that you just need to be able to survive. Also, I felt like there was a weird logic to watcher schuri and debuffs that I never figured out like if he was debuffed then immediately hit the debuff would stay but if anyone took a turn that didn't hit him it'd cleanse or something; maybe someone remembers more on that

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
This is pretty much my nightmare scenario word-for-word, except without the 'happy' ending. Grats either way. At least he popped up.

I still need... 3,498 stones for a guaranteed double pity. Saving, saving.

Yeah I would not recommend going through that sort of thing... even with that super clutch last summon 5 star... was still a 50/50 chance of even getting Ken.

Thankfully I'm not interested in Haste, he would have no spot on any of my teams pve or pvp wise.... already have Cermia, Lidica, Kayron, Tenebae and now Ken for fire dps...... no surprise Golem is my strongest hunt... tried to auto 10 for the first time earlier today and nearly did, took over halfway through my second auto attempt and cleared it.

If you need help in not pulling for Ken think of the banner they put after the collab! When a lot of people will be drained of bookmarks and skystones. Also people are predicting sol as a fire warrior so you can at least wait for the notes next week.

I think they'll give us a break, constant must pull banners will leave people burnt out/broke.

I'm expecting Yufine banner with the Luna side story after the collab is over... and I think that will give us all the banners and side story Korea have had... or did I miss one?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017

If you felt like Ken was a unit you needed congrats. I'd be surprised if anything from GG straight up outclassed him in his role. It's why I'm tempted to pull for him. With two limited 5* they could be an earth ranger and an ice knight for all we know.

As for Abyss 81 it's tricky as well as a clear step up in difficulty over 80. When the Schuri's align on their AOE there's a lot of CR nonsense; the regular shuri's will have the focus for full burst which CR down's your team while boosting theirs. I've seen it said that killing/provoking one occasionally makes it more manageable, a well timed AOE immunity can help too, or setting them up to die then arkying them before the burst but that requires a fair bit of damage; but at the end of the day there's a level of damage that you just need to be able to survive. Also, I felt like there was a weird logic to watcher schuri and debuffs that I never figured out like if he was debuffed then immediately hit the debuff would stay but if anyone took a turn that didn't hit him it'd cleanse or something; maybe someone remembers more on that

Good point hopefully I can see the patch notes before the Ken banner goes down then I can decide. Also gives me time to try and hit Abyss 84 and other bookmark reward goals.

Yeah, I think the rule is if you debuff and the next attack misses and he'd cleanse. I'm able to take out his buddy Schuris no problem, that isn't a damage issue, they just respawn. The issue is getting up Angelica's immunity barrier before he puts unable to buff rebuffs on my team. I could probably run Destina but either my damage will drop or I'll lose my Angelica tank. Might just be a put it down and try it again in a few weeks when I'm stronger.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
If you felt like Ken was a unit you needed congrats. I'd be surprised if anything from GG straight up outclassed him in his role. It's why I'm tempted to pull for him. With two limited 5* they could be an earth ranger and an ice knight for all we know.

I'm expecting Sol to be a welfare Ken or a dps knight so... 50/50 on that.

A lot of people think Dizzy will be a Soul Weaver.... that's a really hard place to make a strong unit when we already have Tama, Angelica, Ruele and Diene.... I think she'll be a really strong mage instead... I just don't see someone with her damage capabilites (she can literally nuke people) being a soul weaver.

Baiken has to be a thief.

And yeah they should have the patch notes with the skills of the welfare unit and first limited unit while Ken's banner is still up, I would just wait until that point... same for anyone considering to buy any artifacts out of the shop right now.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

I got Rod of Amaryllis from mystic summons... after I bought it from the shop.

I also got a 4 star Dingo... normal Dingo not ML.....

That's it.

Grats on getting him though!! Even if it took more than planned. You'll get marks super easy. I went to 0 getting Krau and am already back to over 300.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Interestingly Sol in Fantasy War Tactics collab has an ability which prevented him from healing but he gets massive stat boosts. I wonder if he'll have something similar.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Interestingly Sol in Fantasy War Tactics collab has an ability which prevented him from healing but he gets massive stat boosts. I wonder if he'll have something similar.

He should have a buff that powers him up a lot... Dragon Install.

Will probably be his S2 so he can have a flashy attack for his S3.

If he's limited he'll be broken imo.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
He should have a buff that powers him up a lot... Dragon Install.

Will probably be his S2 so he can have a flashy attack for his S3.

If he's limited he'll be broken imo.

Someone ripped the Guilty Gear music from the files and one of the tracks is 'Ride the Fire' which plays in Xrd when he transforms. If they actually do this in E7...my god.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people think Dizzy will be a Soul Weaver.... that's a really hard place to make a strong unit when we already have Tama, Angelica, Ruele and Diene.... I think she'll be a really strong mage instead... I just don't see someone with her damage capabilites (she can literally nuke people) being a soul weaver.

I hope she's a mage. I'm kind of Soul Weaver heavy and have a lot of different roles within that class -- Angelica, Requiemroar, Destina, Blaze Dingo, Guider Aither, Hazel...kinda covers most the bases of Soul Weaver functions.

I'm really hoping for a cleave or AOE debuff unit out of all this, need to take that next step in PvP. The last thing I need is more single target DPS with Defense Break.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
You should hit that easily in five weeks. Congrats on double pity~

It's been a hard journey to get there, believe you me. So many good banners...

I hope she's a mage. I'm kind of Soul Weaver heavy and have a lot of different roles within that class -- Angelica, Requiemroar, Destina, Blaze Dingo, Guider Aither, Hazel...kinda covers most the bases of Soul Weaver functions.

I'm really hoping for a cleave or AOE debuff unit out of all this, need to take that next step in PvP. The last thing I need is more single target DPS with Defense Break.

A bruiser and/or an AOE debuffer would be heaven-sent for me. I'm good on rest.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
If there's one thing I have learnt, it's that E7 never does what people think it will. So I am not even going to try guessing what each of these characters will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.