• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
Oh well, I bought it on Xbox 360, SX, and PC. 😢

giphy.gif
Is you joking or being serious did you do it to actively support the chances of a sequel? Like I really don't think fans buying multiple copies would have that much of a dent on the overall total to truly make a difference it requires a huge amount of numbers

Your just throwing your money away imo

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love Alan Wake but like... I already have it on steam and the remaster doesn't offer anything i'd fork out cash for.

ManuZero

Jul 14, 2020
I have nothing against buying it on the EGS, but after years of almost getting the game for free on every platform they priced the remaster way too high for what it offers. It's barely any difference and some things even look better in the original. Developer commentary is nice to have, but not worth the money.
I guess if you come from Xbox 360 it's a good upgrade though.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
As much as i love Remedy, this was such a pointless remaster for PC/Xbox gamers. The game already looks amazing on PC and Xbox. (i think it's 4K on Xbox with BC?)

Jan 6, 2019
Considering the original Alan Wake and its dlc were given away as a free bonus on Xbox years ago, and I haven't bothered to replay my free copy, there was no chance I was going to pay $40 for a marginally better looking version, even though I liked it when I originally played it.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I love the game but still haven't bought the remaster (and it hadn't been long since I last played it when it was released), it didn't look like it was doing anything particularly exciting. I'll be there day one for Alan Wake 2 but I just didn't have much interest in dropping $40+ AUD on the remaster.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I played it to completion not long before the remaster was announced, but I'm curious about the sequel at least.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Loved Alan Wake on 360, one of the few games I went all in on collectors editions and all that. Didn't pick up the remaster.

The more important question is. Where is Death Rally?

yalk_dx

Nov 3, 2020
i mean i never had a chance to play through it fully at a good framerate before the newest remaster even on my PCs, i bought it immediately and loved it like every other remedy game i've played but i understand why it wouldn't sell gangbusters. definitely saw the release itself as primarily a way to get new players/playstation users in on the game since AW2 was likely already started in some capacity as opposed to a complete execution on what the game initially was meant to be, and i'm hype to see if they mesh the control level design with the context of bright falls and the outdoor elements of AW1.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
For myself I didn't buy the remaster but definitely getting AW2
Same. I'll be there day 1 to play AW2, but I have no desire to replay AW, which I have finished more than once already. With that said, I'll probably get the remaster down the line just to have it available on a modern platform.
You love to hear that Alan Wake remaster hasn't even sold enough on consoles for Remedy to get any royalties for their work?

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting how the demand for AW seems so small, yet Sam not only got AW2 greenlit , he also managed a deal with AMC for AW the TV show.

Sam must be a genius when it comes to presenting and negotiating.

However, I did my part and I can't wait for the show and AW2.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Is you joking or being serious did you do it to actively support the chances of a sequel? Like I really don't think fans buying multiple copies would have that much of a dent on the overall total to truly make a difference it requires a huge amount of numbers

You have a Resident Evil avatar. I think you underestimate fans.
RE fans especially are notorious for buying multiple copes (like myself lol).

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
You have a Resident Evil avatar. I think you underestimate fans.
RE fans especially are notorious for buying multiple copes (like myself lol).
I've bought Resident Evil 4 so many times that I'd rather not go and find out the actual answer. But it's too high for me to have officially forgotten the number.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe

We just like the games man.
The doing my part meme thing is just for laughs.

Technically I bought the game when it first came out on 360, and then PC, and eventually the remastered on PS5 cus I love it.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I played it at release on 360 and revisited when it was added to the BC program. For me it is not the sort of game I am going to replay.

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get it on PC because Epic, but I thought it would've done well enough on consoles for Remedy to see some money at least.

I know it wasn't the biggest IP, but still.

Designer_Fake

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
Stuck? Wasn't it on the PC and playable on the Xbox One and Series consoles from backwards compatibility?

Yeah, I guess you're right. I don't own an Xbox, which is why I always forget about how much better their backwards compatability efforts are compared to Playstation. Still though, it's nice for it to be available on all systems.

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to buy it on Xbox but then the 360 version got fps boosted to 60fps and I decided to replay that instead. I also own the original version on Steam but don't play on my PC much these days.

The low resolution of 360 does hurt it a bit. I'll likely pick up the remaster in the future.

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
To be honest I don't see much reason to pay so much money for a very basic remaster if you already own it on pc. 30€ and Epic exclusive? For that money I expect a full remake including the dlc which the remaster doesn't even contain.

Last edited:

BrokenBox

Oct 26, 2017
Picked it up on PS5 to try and support things. Already have it on Xbox/Steam. Was a pretty good remaster imo. The DLCs are still maybe the best part of the package.

Kazer

Oct 27, 2017
I'd get it on Steam but it sounds like there's really no reason to get the remastered version on PC anyway.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
That game didn't really need a remaster, lots of good ways to play it and had it look and run well.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised. Don't think the sequel will do well either. Better bet would've been to put Alan wake into a control sequel as a major character.

Stallion Free

Oct 29, 2017
The original pc port was excellent and as much as I love the game I am not going to pay for a mixed bag of an upgrade on a launcher I actively try to avoid.

DeeDubs

Oct 28, 2017
It's been on my wishlist waiting to hit $10-15. I love the game, but not enough to pay $30 for a remaster of it. I got the entire Mass Effect trilogy for that.