• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Why would anyone who doesn't mind EGS and/or this sale want to frequent a thread where the OP says things like "Maybe when people stop working against their best interests I'll stop being shitty and condescending about it. Deal?"

No good reason at all.
Maybe if you guys joined and actually decided to have a real conversation and not only to shitpost and complain about how bad you guys have it, the situation would be better. As I said, there are several healthy conversation on EGS happening in there most of the time 🤷‍♀️

OK. Yeah. So the issue is just that they have not done a good job here of conveying the issue with Ubi games. Though you can't search for them on the store, you can find them via Google searches. Once there, there is no indication that you can't purchase. You get an error message on the cart-ish page, but it still displays forms to enter payment information and a disabled Checkout button.
Yeap. Sorry for the trouble man.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Got Hades, Observation and John Wick Hex. Buying more than one game at a time, I am reminded of why most stores have shopping cart functionality.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well at least Epic is slinging its money around in a way that actually benefits users for a change.

Unfortunately, I am still not interested in giving them my money.
Same here. I don't expect these sales to be a regular thing on the store. It's clearly a strategy to throw money away in the short term in exchange for getting more people to use the store. Which makes you wonder if there haven't been as many people using the story as they hoped by now. Sadly I think that strategy is going to work.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
OK. Yeah. So the issue is just that they have not done a good job here of conveying the issue with Ubi games. Though you can't search for them on the store, you can find them via Google searches. Once there, there is no indication that you can't purchase. You get an error message on the cart-ish page, but it still displays forms to enter payment information and a disabled Checkout button.
Checkout is not disabled for me but it just keps throwing errors in my face for payment. There is no more fees or taxes after the checkout page btw.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Got Hades, Observation and John Wick Hex. Buying more than one game at a time, I am reminded of why most stores have shopping cart functionality.
yea it sucks, but they said it's coming.
But for now they try to circumvent it by having you verify your payment once and then let you buy things with without verifying and just clicking purchase

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe if you guys joined and actually decided to have a real conversation and not only to shitpost and complain about how bad you guys have it, the situation would be better. As I said, there are several healthy conversation on EGS happening in there most of the time 🤷‍♀️

Yeap. Sorry for the trouble man.

Lol I have like probably 1500- 2000 posts in the PC threads man and I still do discuss plenty of non-EGS games in there.

When you even have someone as even keeled as Rhaknar posting things like this : https://www.resetera.com/threads/pc...hree-storefronts.114434/page-44#post-20827756

maybe the thread has some issues. Since the sale went live there are many posts by regulars in that thread acting like anyone buying shit is a pariah with no morals or brain.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
What cart?

To be more sincere I'll continue on and elaborate on why I think you are being unnecessarily rude here. I was wondering the same thing earlier. Since it's an Ubi game I'm not really sure if I could have completed it anyway, but I was wondering if I'd be taxed on Anno. When I clicked on the purchase link I get taken to Billing form with no price anywhere on the form and a checkout button at the bottom. I was a little worried that clicking the button might complete the order as opposed to taking me to a final "Complete Order" page, but I filled in my PayPal information anyway. Due to store issues, this just hung up and proceeded to go nowhere.

So, I still have no idea if there's sales tax.

I had this issue earlier as well. I'm in PA, and finally got my Hades order to go through.

I was NOT charged tax, which was wonderful, because Steam and most other sites do nail me with it. Hope that helps.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I see that borderlands got fixed and is now $35 for the base, $65 for the deluxe version.... tempting.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Shoutouts to the people who said Epic couldn't compete on price and entice gamers that way. It would be lovely if they could do stuff like this instead of buying up exclusives.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
yea it sucks, but they said it's coming.
But for now they try to circumvent it by having you verify your payment once and then let you buy things with without verifying and just clicking purchase

Like I said when they first rolled this out, I'm willing to put up with a bad store if the prices are good. So far they've just had a bad store, now they have a bad store with good prices. It's still baffling to me that they would start paying for exclusives before paying someone to implement a shopping cart or any kind of sorting function for their store, but that's what they did. From my perspective they wasted several months actively building resentment with moneyhatting and being real smug about it instead of just dropping a sale for free goodwill, but maybe they've finally come around.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm visiting family in Lebanon. Can confirm that family is seeing $5 Metro Exodus price here (though I'm still seeing $35 on my device, same network)

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Shoutouts to the people who said Epic couldn't compete on price and entice gamers that way. It would be lovely if they could do stuff like this instead of buying up exclusives.

Well, to be fair; they can't. At least not long term because losing money is just not a viable strategy.

If this works out and convinces people to use their store over Steam remains to be seen.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
Did Supergiant seriously discount their game by such a small amount to get out of this £10 deal? lol

DYCEKZ0.png

What would supergiant have to gain from this? They'd want more people to be playing their game. I don't think this is on them

This is how epic should be competing. Not strong arming people into using their store

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I'm visiting family in Lebanon. Can confirm that family is seeing $5 Metro Exodus price here (though I'm still seeing $35 on my device, same network)
For some reason the game in some regions are set at the wrong base price on the EGS. $15 and $30 for base and deluxe. Which is why the game is $5 and $20 with these discounts

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017

Lol yeah. It's really funny how bare bones the store is. Was a right pain buying Hades, Ashen, John Wick Hex, Afterparty, and Trover Saves the Universe. Can't complain too much though because of the price. Can't imagine using this store for full price releases though. Not yet at least.

itchi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What would supergiant have to gain from this? They'd want more people to be playing their game. I don't think this is on them

This is how epic should be competing. Not strong arming people into using their store

The game was on sale before this sale so it unluckily missed out on the deal. It has since been fixed though and you can buy it for £5.49

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
So how long does it take to get your email code for 2FA? Been sitting here for way too long and I assume this has something to do with the delay?

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
If u dont mind , I want to ask Which region are those prices from ? I have the exact same prices but the only difference is Vampire is the usual $60 on steam cause I dont have regional pricing on Steam
Middle East KSA , The price in Steam for me is Local currency but in Epic in USD

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
never mind apparently epic defaulted my account to Vietnam. which only changes the prices of like 5 games lol.

Last edited:

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Hell yes. Got my April purchase of BL3 refunded, bought it again for $10 less, and bought John Wick. May buy other games over the next few weeks, but for now I think I'm good.
Excellent sale.

Maybe_its_Cthulhu

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm also seeing the low prices as well (Metro Exodus for $5)

For some reason my region is Falklands island (I live in the UK).

Annoying I cant make any purchase and I have to contact customer services to have them change it?!
Why can't i just do it myself.

Oct 26, 2017

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
User Banned (1 Week): Trolling; Long and Persistent History of Similar Behavior
God, how hard can you scream for users to join your shitty online store. This really reached a very pathetic point.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in Wisconsin/USA
P2pAUDj.png

that being said I didn't see those prices when I was on my phone, I'm just seeing them on my desktop while I'm signed into my epic account.

edit: just checked, and yeah I'm only seeing those prices while logged into my epic account.

I'm USA.
Check your actual EGS region. It may be different.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like some really good deals if you're in the right region.
Meanwhile even with the discounted price and the extra $10 off, pre-orders are still 20% higher here than they were before EGS was a thing.

8 bucks for Control, at this rate it is going to be $2 when it hits Steam lol
Looking forward to it!

awake-sale-11kha.png

That's the third copy of Alan Wake that I own. I bought it and American Nightmare at full price on Steam directly… once they were finally released on Steam.

So how long does it take to get your email code for 2FA? Been sitting here for way too long and I assume this has something to do with the delay?
Sometimes their servers are very slow in sending out emails, or email providers block them.
You should use TOTP (app-based) 2FA if at all possible. It's more secure and does not rely on receiving a code from them.
Back before they had TOTP support, I remember trying to play Unreal Tournament and being unable to for about a week, because the codes were expired by the time I received the emails.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I swore I wasn't gonna buy hades until it was out of early access but I can't pass up that price.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
i wish steam would do that

It kind of does in that they list "refund because the game is cheaper now" as a valid option. But it probably has more stringent limits than what Epic is currently doing. I managed to refund a game I played for 6 hours because it went on sale a few days later so I could rebuy it, for instance. I bet two weeks would be pushing it.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Can you buy games from different regions other than the one you are located in?

You can change regions, but it sounds like once you buy something you are locked into it.

I haven't (only got free games so far), so may be why I can see what prices in other regions are and switch between them just using the account settings region drop down menu.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Can you buy games from different regions other than the one you are located in?
No you can't
You need to have a payment method from that region AND that method needs to support international payment AND your account gets locked to that region permanently after your first purchase on EGS. You can have it changed back by asking support but obviously you cant do it again and again....provided you are even able to buy a game in the first place for which you need the payment method.