• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I would love to know how much money Epic loses on these sales, the best case scenario of a $60 game with a 12% cut is a little over $7, the cheaper the game the smaller their cut. Add in credit card and bandwidth/server costs and it's just crazy to think about how much money they're spending. I know they got that Fortnight money but eventually you would think people at the company are going to start to wonder if it's worth it.

TraBuch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna save a coupon for Cyberpunk.

You actually have to spend $15 in total including any discounts, to get a 2nd coupon. So you won't get a 2nd coupon if you buy something something that costs $15 and apply the coupon to it as you'd only be spending $5.
False. I bought Batman for $5 after the coupon and got a new coupon.

Oct 28, 2019

You actually have to spend $15 in total including any discounts, to get a 2nd coupon. So you won't get a 2nd coupon if you buy something something that costs $15 and apply the coupon to it as you'd only be spending $5.

I thought you got the coupon on any $15 before discount game in the sale? Can anyone confirm this?

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
Tim finally gets some money from me (outside of Vbux purchases which I still feel bad about). This sale is so good, and I'm hoping to get a better computer in the not too distant future, so I'll pick up some stuff I've been eyeing for a while.

Thinking of spending about $60. So far I've picked up Control, Witcher 3 GOTY Edition, and Assassin's Creed Origins for just over $30. Considering Tetris Effect, Hades, Wattam, and either Far Cry 5 or New Dawn for coop with a friend. Pretty amazing deal for $60, and I should have a coupon still available when Tony Hawk drops later in the year.

marcbret87

Apr 20, 2018
Bought the Anno 1800 DLC for 8 bucks each, pretty good deal. Interested in either Satisfactory or Industries of Titan, or perhaps MechWarrior 5, any particular opinions on those?

City 17

Oct 25, 2017

I think you get a coupon for any sale, if the GTA V giveaway is anything to go by.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Not sure how people are getting Hades on discount...the Game + Soundtrack I suppose? Base game is below the discount number.

Deleted member 61326

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2019
Sorry for off topic, not sure where to post (this thread is currently the newest one). Please delete my account.

browinie

Oct 26, 2017
This is from the coupon terms of use if anyone's confused.

Limited-time Event. You will only receive an Epic Coupon for the MEGA Sale Event until June 11, 2020 at 11AM Eastern Time. All Epic Coupons received during the MEGA Sale Event will expire on November 1st, 2:59 AM Eastern Time. Epic Coupons can only be redeemed for purchases of qualifying digital games and add-ons that are available to play on the Epic Games Store webpage (https://www.epicgames.com/store/). Not valid on pre-purchases or any other purchases such as in-game purchases (e.g. V-bucks or currency).

Qualifying games and add-ons must be a minimum price of $14.99 after any promotions and discounts are applied. Taxes and other fees do not apply toward the minimum purchase requirement.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I thought you got the coupon on any $15 before discount game in the sale? Can anyone confirm this?

False. I bought Batman for $5 after the coupon and got a new coupon.

I think you get a coupon for any sale, if the GTA V giveaway is anything to go by.
Pretty sure that's only for the first purchase/free game claim during the sale. It says so in the sale description itself. It's not going to work past the first purchase/claim as you actually need to spent $15 post discount for any other purchase you make after the first (or any purchase you make after claiming GTAV). This is how it used to work in the last sale that had this sort of discount.

" Note: If you make your first purchase or grab your first free game during the promotion before clicking on the button you will automatically receive your first $10 Epic Coupon. Coupons expire on November 1st, 2:59 AM EST."

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Very tempted to get What the Golf? for 6€, Outer Wilds for 11€ and the Control Season Pass for 15€.

...Should I?

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Man I'm trying to not buy games as I already got a lot I'm going through currently lol...

Hard to resist. Especially with that free bit of money they give with the GTAV deal.

Smart.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I think the coupon works better than the free games to get me to buy something. I'm actually considering getting something. Well played, Epic :)

Skot

Oct 30, 2017
Really wanted to buy The Witcher 3 with this but it's £10.99 and the coupon only works on £15+ games. Damn it.

City 17

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure that's only for the first purchase/free game claim during the sale. It says so in the sale description itself. It's not going to work past the first purchase/claim as you actually need to spent $15 post discount for any other purchase you make after the first (or any purchase you make after claiming GTAV). This is how it used to work in the last sale that had this sort of discount.

" Note: If you make your first purchase or grab your first free game during the promotion before clicking on the button you will automatically receive your first $10 Epic Coupon. Coupons expire on November 1st, 2:59 AM EST."
Fair enough if it was that way during the last sale, but where does it say $15 post discount?

Use the $10 Epic Coupon to buy an eligible game or add-on of $14.99 or more on the store (during the promotional period) and you'll receive another $10 Epic Coupon.
WE GIVE YOU ANOTHER $10 EPIC COUPON AFTER EVERY ELIGIBLE PURCHASE

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
AC Odyssey for £6.49. Hmmmmmmmmmmm tempting even though I already have it on my Xbox.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Hades is definitely worth it. Phenomenal game that only will get better.

I'm in the mood for an AC game: Origins or Odyssey?

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
ah fuck didn't realize tetris effect was on there too... damn i'm tempted. and since you get another coupon for buying one thing..... those clever bastards

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if I can get Ubisoft passes to work somehow on my Uplay version of those games 🤔.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Also code you get after buying something lasts till November so can purchase Tony Hawks in September when it comes out for $/£10 off.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough if it was that way during the last sale, but where does it say $15 post discount?

Use the $10 Epic Coupon to buy an eligible game or add-on of $14.99 or more on the store (during the promotional period) and you'll receive another $10 Epic Coupon.
WE GIVE YOU ANOTHER $10 EPIC COUPON AFTER EVERY ELIGIBLE PURCHASE

Ok I take it back and confirm that I was wrong in this instance.
I just tried it myself by buying a $14.99 DLC, this was my 2nd purchase and I paid $4.99 post coupon discount....and I still got a coupon.

This is strange because last time they had this the customer support told me that it's only suppose to work when you actually pay $14.99 or more as it didn't add a coupon for me back then when I bought something for $4.99 post discount. I guess they changed it.

Last edited:

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
I bought the outer wild, soma. I don't know if i m going to take assassin's creed odyssey, i liked origin but i got the feeling that the game was too big and long for what it deserve to be played.
Detroid become humain didn't get a discount :/ it would have been nice for this one ! ( i still want to buy it) and too bad that red dead don't cost like 30e haha

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Hades at any price is a steal. It's handily one of my favorite roguelites. I'm a sucker for ancient myth, and that game nails the aesthetic so well in theme, audio design, and story. The fact that it feels like an isometric Devil May Cry only made me love it more.

Picked up Control for $20 and then figured "why the hell not?" and bought the DLC pass too, since I enjoyed Alan Wake so much and would love to see that story continue.
I bought the outer wild, soma. I don't know if i m going to take assassin's creed odyssey, i liked origin but i got the feeling that the game was too big and long for what it deserve to be played.
Detroid become humain didn't get a discount :/ it would have been nice for this one ! ( i still want to buy it) and too bad that red dead don't cost like 30e haha
If you played Origins, then you've played Odyssey. Odyssey has a few tricks up its sleeve compared to Origins, but the bulk of what's on offer in one game is present in the other. Origins has a far better story, progression curve, and Ptolemaic Egypt doesn't feel nearly as bloated as Classical Greece, though I love the art direction for both settings.

Honestly, my biggest gripe is that the Siwa Oasis, where Bayek is from, was famously welcoming towards queer people, even celebrating marriages between same-sex couples. There's a lot more to Siwan culture, but my point is mostly that there's so much that makes the starting city unique in real life, and almost none of that is present in-game. A ton of love clearly went into replicating regions like Alexandria and Giza, however.

Last edited:

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Damn, Control's DLC regional pricing puts it below the 15 dollar border, so the coupon won't apply to it. :/

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
If I buy a 5 dollar game and then subsequently a 12 dollar game, will the latter put me over the top and give a me a coupon? Does multiple purchases below the limit stack, so to speak?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I buy a 5 dollar game and then subsequently a 12 dollar game, will the latter put me over the top and give a me a coupon? Does multiple purchases below the limit stack, so to speak?

You should already have a coupon by default.

You won't get an extra one for what you suggest, it's just 15 dollars and up single purchases.

To make it simple, just think of the sale as being 10 dollars off anything that's more than 15 dollars, outside of preorders.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Ok I take it back and confirm that I was wrong in this instance.
I just tried it myself by buying a $14.99 DLC, this was my 2nd purchase and I paid $4.99 post discount....and I still got a coupon.

This is strange because last time they had this the customer support told me that it's only suppose to work when you actually pay $14.99 or more as it didn't add a coupon for me back then when I bought something for $4.99 post discount. I guess they changed it.

It says its based on the price after the sale discount, the coupon doesnt factor in. So as long as the game is 14.99 or more as the listed sale price you should get a coupon.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I would love to know how much money Epic loses on these sales, the best case scenario of a $60 game with a 12% cut is a little over $7, the cheaper the game the smaller their cut. Add in credit card and bandwidth/server costs and it's just crazy to think about how much money they're spending. I know they got that Fortnight money but eventually you would think people at the company are going to start to wonder if it's worth it.

They treat it as marketing cost. Fortnite isn't their only money maker. They have Unreal Engine.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
Oct 27, 2017
I'm eyeing the Warlords of New York Expansion for Division 2 but I only have the main game on Uplay. Does anyone if I can redeem the stuff directly on Uplay?

I already had a similiar situation which didn't work, namely buying DLC on Uplay for a Ubisoft game I originally bought on Steam, so I'm a bit wary.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I'm eyeing the Warlords of New York Expansion for Division 2 but I only have the main game on Uplay. Does anyone if I can redeem the stuff directly on Uplay?

I already had a similiar situation which didn't work, namely buying DLC on Uplay for a Ubisoft game I originally bought on Steam, so I'm a bit wary.
You can't buy DLC for a game on EGS that you don't also own on EGS. Trust me, I was in the same boat when Warlords first launched. Bought it on Uplay but I couldn't buy the expansion on EGS cause I didn't own it on there.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Control for £13.99 or Huntdown (that just came out) for £7.99 are mighty tempting.