• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think a game being free should preclude criticism at all, but I can empathize w/ the idea that whining about it make you seem entitled. but then again, I feel weird when ppl complain about cosmetic prices in f2p games too

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Change the windows language to english and restart your system.

Had the same Problem with gears 5 in the xbox pc app.

m_dorian

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I do not think the problem OP is having is due to something that Epic did and i do dislike what Epic does with exclusives and how Sweeney behaves.

I am for any Screw Epic call outs but they need to have a solid basis to happen.

There has to be another ini file you can work with if the suggestions haven't helped. Maybe uninstall and install it again (i know it is a fuss).

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Just generally wondering about launchers, why would there be an option to change the language there and not just doing it in the game itself? I can understand it if its about dubbing since then i guess it saves file size by just downloading the audio files to the respective language.

Isnt the game available on other PC store fronts too?

guess we can never criticize things ever again with this iron-clad logic
Criticizing and insulting isnt necessarily the same thing though. Its fully possible to criticize something (like constructive criticism) without it being looked as an insult.

OP
OP
Banzai

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I suppose I shouldn't whine too much, considering I got it for free. I'm just so tired of it all. Idk, guess I just won't play the Batman Trilogy.
Appreciate the help, everyone.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I suppose I shouldn't whine too much, considering I got it for free. I'm just so tired of it all. Idk, guess I just won't play the Batman Trilogy.
Appreciate the help, everyone.

As a customer and a potential future re-occurring customer, it is important to express your concerns regardless of whether a product is free or not.

If something is half ass baked, being free wont be enough to sugarcoat it.

At that point, I would rather invest on even the console version if I had that issue.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I think that's more on the developer. To this day I still fucking hate that some won't put language settings in the game's main menu and tie it to the console's language.

Zero-ELEC

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
I mean, you can buy it and play it on Steam. It goes on sale fairly often for not much. If your only interest in it was because it was free then I wouldn't say you were that interested to begin with, though you felt it necessary to make a thread.
How is it so unreasonable that someone that received something for free wants that something to be in a state that they want tho?

Like, you know after the free period is over you will be able to buy these games for a non-discounted price and they'll still be limited to that one language, right? And this will be the only storefront on personal computers where these games are available that has this issue, right?

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
User Warned: Antagonizing another user
"Fuck Epic"?

Why would Epic be responsible for which language a game displays? It's a Batman / Warner issue.

Also always nice to insult people when you get free stuff from them

Entitlement. At some point the insults towars Epic as a ocmpany for a board that claims to be devs friendly will have to be moderated

I'm not, I'm calling out someone who got free stuff and insulted people over it.

It's called "calling out a lack of common courtesy"

You should check it out, it's useful in real life

Epic, as a company, employs people. They were insulted wether you like it or not. You should grow up

ECc0zNZW4AU92kn.jpg

Endruen

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Hey! This might be a bit of a necro, but just in case you didn't figure it out, or someone came here looking for the solution (like me), here it is:

Go to the folder "Epic Games\BatmanArkhamAsylum\BmGame\Config"
Open the file "Launch.ini"
Look for ";ForceUseCulture=en" and delete the ;
Open the file "BmEngine.ini"
Look for "Language=" and replace whatever is after the = for "int"

In the folder "Epic Games\BatmanArkhamAsylum\Engine\Config"
Open the file "BaseEngine.ini"

And finally, in the folder "My Documents\Square Enix\Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY\BmGame\Config"
Open both files "BmEngine.ini" and "UserEngine.ini"

That should do it. Gotta say that if you want any other language, I can only tell you that if instead of "int" you replace it with "Esn" it changes to Spanish, but that's it.

Hope it helped!

Last edited:

nofuckinidea

Oct 25, 2017
If Epic would put the same effort in the launcher/store (still no cart wtf) as they invest money in exclusives/freebies, this topic wouldn't exist. They don't have to reach Steams feature set, but an option to choose a language is not much to ask for. I'm with you OP.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
If Epic would put the same effort in the launcher/store (still no cart wtf) as they invest money in exclusives/freebies, this topic wouldn't exist. They don't have to reach Steams feature set, but an option to choose a language is not much to ask for. I'm with you OP.
Read this topic it has nothing to do with the game launcher, it's on WB and behaves the same with Steam.

You have to manually edit files within the game itself to change it, as shown by the poster above you.