• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
At least that was my google search.
My PC is set to english, my keyboard is set to english, my epic launcher is set to english.

But Batman Arkham Asylum starts in german every time because epic doesn't have any language settings. I don't even know anymore.
Why am I making this a thread? Fuck epic i guess.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
It's not. And I am german, but nobody ever wants to play a game with german VO.
I used to play all of my games with a german VO cause I grew up there and didn't understand english really well...there is an upside to that though, the German VO for Sam fisher never changed so it's still the same guy voicing him in Blacklist :D

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1.) Go to the game install dir
2.) Open BM Game
3.) Open Config
4.) Open UserEngine.ini
5.) Add Language=INT under the first header

That *should work* if the config is set up the same way as arkham knight. If it's not, I'll download Arkham Asylum and double check.

OP
OP
Banzai

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
1.) Go to the game install dir
2.) Open BM Game
3.) Open Config
4.) Open UserEngine.ini
5.) Add Language=INT under the first header

That *should work* if the config is set up the same way as arkham knight. If it's not, I'll download Arkham Asylum and double check.

Didn't do anything. I appreciate the effort though.

That's one of two reddit thread I found about the issue. No real solution except one that seems to fix it in a needlessly complicated way by executing some sort of script with an extra tool. no thanks.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
DNExFw0.gif

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
"Fuck Epic"?

Why would Epic be responsible for which language a game displays? It's a Batman / Warner issue.

Also always nice to insult people when you get free stuff from them

Deleted member 10747

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

NerevaRising

Oct 5, 2018
Banzai

Go back to the config file under [Engine.Engine] and see if there is a language setting already there, the instruction I gave earlier might not have been correct.
I copied this from my steam install

[Engine.Engine]
bOnScreenKismetWarnings=FALSE
bSubtitlesEnabled=FALSE
bAllowMatureLanguage=TRUE
PhysXLevel=2
bPhysXuseGRB=False
bPhysXPatched=True
Language=int
MipLevelFadingInRate=0.0
MipLevelFadingOutRate=0.0
TerrainMaterialMaxTextureCount=64
TerrainTessellationCheckCount=24
bUseInvertedLeftStick=False
bUsePixelShaderComplexity=True
bUseAdditiveComplexity=True
MaxPixelShaderAdditiveComplexityCount=600.000000
MaxPixelShaderOpaqueComplexityCount=200.000000
MaxVertexShaderComplexityCount=200.000000
MaxFluidNumVerts=2097152
MaxParticleVertexMemory=263944
PhysXGpuHeapSize=256
PhysXMeshCacheSize=16
MinShadowResolution=256

Try messing with the language line, also make sure the game isn't overwriting the ini changes every time you boot up the game

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
EGS can't change the locales (aka languages) of most games for some reason but you can try to set it manually.
You should see something like Additonal Command Line Arguments (or additional Start Parameters, dunno how Epic called it) with right click or something on the game or in a context menu.

Try adding "-locale=en" to it and start the game.

OP
OP
Banzai

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I copied this from my steam install

[Engine.Engine]
bOnScreenKismetWarnings=FALSE
bSubtitlesEnabled=FALSE
bAllowMatureLanguage=TRUE
PhysXLevel=2
bPhysXuseGRB=False
bPhysXPatched=True
Language=int
MipLevelFadingInRate=0.0
MipLevelFadingOutRate=0.0
TerrainMaterialMaxTextureCount=64
TerrainTessellationCheckCount=24
bUseInvertedLeftStick=False
bUsePixelShaderComplexity=True
bUseAdditiveComplexity=True
MaxPixelShaderAdditiveComplexityCount=600.000000
MaxPixelShaderOpaqueComplexityCount=200.000000
MaxVertexShaderComplexityCount=200.000000
MaxFluidNumVerts=2097152
MaxParticleVertexMemory=263944
PhysXGpuHeapSize=256
PhysXMeshCacheSize=16
MinShadowResolution=256

Try messing with the language line

That line was already set to int, actually. This is just dumb.

EGS can't change the locales (aka languages) of most games for some reason but you can try to set it manually.
You should see something like Additonal Command Line Arguments (or additional Start Parameters, dunno how Epic called it) with right click or something on the game or in a context menu.

Try adding "-locale=en" to it and start the game.

didn't do anything. Neither did the "culture" command I saw being used for Borderlands 3, because apparently that issue occurs there too.

Oct 26, 2017
This is more "Fuck Rocksteady" than "Fuck Epic". They were the ones they didn't put a normal language option in their game.

Jay_AD

Oct 28, 2017
Einem geschenkten Gaul schaut man nicht ins Maul.

I mean, I absolutely get that particular frustration, but come on. You got the game for free. If the feature set isn't to your liking, you can just buy the game elsewhere. I don't particularly care about launcher wars, but I really find it a little hard to empathize here.

Sean Mirrsen

Banned
May 9, 2018
Einem geschenkten Gaul schaut man nicht ins Maul.

I mean, I absolutely get that particular frustration, but come on. You got the game for free. If the feature set isn't to your liking, you can just buy the game elsewhere. I don't particularly care about launcher wars, but I really find it a little hard to empathize here.
Being 'free' does not automatically invalidate all criticism towards how the game plays or runs.