• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patazord

Dec 14, 2017
Fortnite lore

tenor.gif

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
This.

Fortnite has a backstory? What is it? Where can I read it?

The wiki has a timeline of it.
fortnite.fandom.com

Lore (Battle Royale)

Fortnite: Battle Royale has Lore (storyline/narrative/stories) which has evolved throughout the Seasons and is present in map changes, Quests, live events, cinematic experiences, comics and more. Main Article: Factions Main Article: Timeline Comics

Shane M

Avenger
Jan 1, 2018
Thorold, Ontario, Canada
Epic just betrayed it's Fortnite lore permanently.

Legit seasons and months of teased story, easter eggs on the map that gave XP, and little stuff like in Dark Souls in skin descriptions, not to mention the huge events and other stuff they did over the years. even Travis Scott was building up to something. And then today it's all just a Marvel tie-in. All the storylines and deep lore for another transparent cash grab that oh-so-convenientually coincides with them ransoming iOS and Google users due to being money grubbing jerks. Not mention you them dropping StW and not giving vbucks to new players there guaranteeing its going to die off even more.

Epic has no honor and is just a shameless sellout. One thing to have one-off events and stuff but literally killing the story and having AN ENTIRE BATTLE PASS dedicated to boring 80s versions of Marvel character is just shortsighted and insane.

I will be taking my money elsewhere and banning Fortnite from my household.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I'm pretty sure Fortnite dances causes space-time tears in the fabric of reality, so the deep marketing lore has infinite possibilities. I'm waiting for the TikTok invasion.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Epic just betrayed it's Fortnite lore permanently.

Legit seasons and months of teased story, easter eggs on the map that gave XP, and little stuff like in Dark Souls in skin descriptions, not to mention the huge events and other stuff they did over the years. even Travis Scott was building up to something. And then today it's all just a Marvel tie-in. All the storylines and deep lore for another transparent cash grab that oh-so-convenientually coincides with them ransoming iOS and Google users due to being money grubbing jerks. Not mention you them dropping StW and not giving vbucks to new players there guaranteeing its going to die off even more.

Epic has no honor and is just a shameless sellout. One thing to have one-off events and stuff but literally killing the story and having AN ENTIRE BATTLE PASS dedicated to boring 80s versions of Marvel character is just shortsighted and insane.

I will be taking my money elsewhere and banning Fortnite from my household.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
The only lore this game will ever have is the story of how they got they got people to give them hundreds of millions of dollars

Oct 30, 2017
This turns my stomach. Just flat out the most offensive game I've ever seen. I can name family members that died in this conflict, wept at the pictures and accounts of the dead and maimed that experienced this hell, was taught all the horrors of it from primary school, through my whole life, it's only ever been a symbol of the folly of war, the worst, most black and shameful era of Fortnite history. I've been to the actual battlefields and mass graves across Spawn Island, held the minutes silence without fail every time the game had to update, for as long as I could understand the meaning of it. There was no glory in this war. No thrilling action or daring do, no heroes and villains, this was mass murder, a scar on the history of our species, and every single person involved in it was a victim. This trailer, the entire concept of this game, makes me feel physically sick, and just so fucking angry. How fucking dare anyone make a game like this about the Nexus War. I don't know what's worse, the sick fucking emotionless, greedy cunts that would seriously exploit this horror of an industrialised massacre, or the ignorant, soulless bastards that will give them money and enjoy it. Anyone involved in this, or seriously think of buying this, should be ashamed of themselves.

rebelcrusader

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This turns my stomach. Just flat out the most offensive game I've ever seen. I can name family members that died in this conflict, wept at the pictures and accounts of the dead and maimed that experienced this hell, was taught all the horrors of it from primary school, through my whole life, it's only ever been a symbol of the folly of war, the worst, most black and shameful era of Fortnite history. I've been to the actual battlefields and mass graves across Spawn Island, held the minutes silence without fail every time the game had to update, for as long as I could understand the meaning of it. There was no glory in this war. No thrilling action or daring do, no heroes and villains, this was mass murder, a scar on the history of our species, and every single person involved in it was a victim. This trailer, the entire concept of this game, makes me feel physically sick, and just so fucking angry. How fucking dare anyone make a game like this about the Nexus War. I don't know what's worse, the sick fucking emotionless, greedy cunts that would seriously exploit this horror of an industrialised massacre, or the ignorant, soulless bastards that will give them money and enjoy it. Anyone involved in this, or seriously think of buying this, should be ashamed of themselves.
Haven't seen this one since the other forum - thank you

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
Lol. Rise up gamers.

In the meantime my sons are tripping over each other fighting for the controller because they can be Thor in Fortnite.

HazySaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
West Yorkshire, UK
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Battle Buses on fire off the Craggy Cliffs. I watched Thanos flossing in the dark near the Misty Meadows. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly the events were the only cool thing about fortnite and i don't even play it. Legit would be super turned off if a game suggested having some kind of internal historicity only to reveal it as fucking marvel merch display or something.

Mar 29, 2018
I saw Fortnite Guy at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"
I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
I always knew Tim Sweeney was an asshole

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017

Hahahaha, thank you for bringing this back

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
oh my god lmao

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
Epic just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about American culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Japan where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in America, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the American public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to download Fortnite for either system, nor will they purchase any of Epic's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Epic has alienated an entire market with this move.

Epic, publicly apologize and cancel the Avengers for the Fortnite's season or you can kiss your business goodbye.
The balls in DCs court now.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

First time reading this, I'm dead

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
Epic just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about American culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Japan where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in America, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the American public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to download Fortnite for either system, nor will they purchase any of Epic's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Epic has alienated an entire market with this move.

Epic, publicly apologize and cancel the Avengers for the Fortnite's season or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Thank you for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.