• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dabbert

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Legit seasons and months of teased story, easter eggs on the map that gave XP, and little stuff like in Dark Souls in skin descriptions, not to mention the huge events and other stuff they did over the years. even Travis Scott was building up to something. And then today it's all just a Marvel tie-in. All the storylines and deep lore for another transparent cash grab that oh-so-convenientually coincides with them ransoming iOS and Google users due to being money grubbing jerks. Not mention you them dropping StW and not giving vbucks to new players there guaranteeing its going to die off even more.

Epic has no honor and is just a shameless sellout. One thing to have one-off events and stuff but literally killing the story and having AN ENTIRE BATTLE PASS dedicated to boring 80s versions of Marvel character is just shortsighted and insane.

I will be taking my money elsewhere and banning Fortnite from my household.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
Money talks and Epic wants lots of it, the story is not even in consideration when it comes to this.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Epic just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about American culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Japan where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in America, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the American public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to download Fortnite for either system, nor will they purchase any of Epic's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Epic has alienated an entire market with this move.

Epic, publicly apologize and cancel the Avengers for the Fortnite's season or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Legit seasons and months of teased story, easter eggs on the map that gave XP, and little stuff like in Dark Souls in skin descriptions, not to mention the huge events and other stuff they did over the years. even Travis Scott was building up to something. And then today it's all just a Marvel tie-in. All the storylines and deep lore for another transparent cash grab that oh-so-convenientually coincides with them ransoming iOS and Google users due to being money grubbing jerks. Not mention you them dropping StW and not giving vbucks to new players there guaranteeing its going to die off even more.

Epic has no honor and is just a shameless sellout. One thing to have one-off events and stuff but literally killing the story and having AN ENTIRE BATTLE PASS dedicated to boring 80s versions of Marvel character is just shortsighted and insane.

I will be taking my money elsewhere and banning Fortnite from my household.

you show them

Iyagovos

Verified
Jan 18, 2018
This is what breaks it for you, and not the huge Thanos ad or the literal prequel to Rise of Skywalker?

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020

I don't know how much the rest of you know about American culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Japan where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in America, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the American public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to download Fortnite for either system, nor will they purchase any of Epic's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Epic has alienated an entire market with this move.

Epic, publicly apologize and cancel the Avengers for the Fortnite's season or you can kiss your business goodbye.
and there it is

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
0pe6YXS.jpg

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
I saw Fortnite Guy at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"
I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
" banning Fortnite from my household. "

haha ok.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
It's Fortnite, OP. You go out there, dress up in costume, shoot some fuzzy bunny rainbow laser guns at each other, build some forts, and try to be the sole winner. At many times, it's used as an advertising platform. There's no "lore" to these battle royale games, as much as they want to try to inject them into the game. You're dropping in over and over and over and over trying to be the sole survivor of your lobby. There's your lore.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
honestly, if you hadn't realised by now that Fortnite is just a cash cow for Epic and that all they care about is $ then...it took you a while to catch on lol.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017

I don't know how much the rest of you know about gaming culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Anime where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in gaming, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Fortnite skins, nor will they purchase any games from the Epic Games store. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Epic has alienated an entire market with this move.

Epic, publicly apologize and fix the Fortnite lore or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.