• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Maybe this means that the game will become free in the future? It definetely is a weird situation.

Oct 27, 2017
There seems to be some really shady stuff happening with the launch of the game.

Appearently many features that are advertised on the Steam page are not in the game yet and the game itself is still labelled as an Open Beta. Maybe that's connected to the EGS cancellation?

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
how can it be not ready to be released on EGS when it's already on other PC stores? is there a lot of work involved in getting a game on EGS?

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
People said the game was like a trash-budget version of CoH/DoW thats completely RNG based combat so you might as well just go AFK and let the game play itself out.

So no surprise.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
No, PC versions aren't identical. For a lot of games, each store/launcher integration means having a separate build for that one.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
I was sent this game for review, and MANY of the Steam page feature listings are not only missing, they don't even know WHEN they will get added. Pretty shady stuff.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
People said the game was like a trash-budget version of CoH/DoW thats completely RNG based combat so you might as well just go AFK and let the game play itself out.

So no surprise.
It's not the exact CoH clone some people expected but it's not that either. It's definitely micro heavy. Maybe even more so than CoH.

Wouldn't be surprised if EGS required more work from the devs compared to Steam or GoG.

Oct 27, 2017

So no surprise.

It isn't trash budget, it is just made by single-player for single-player folks. The competitive scene is propped up by money, and will evaporate as soon as there is no more free money available.

The game isn't even RNG, it is just clunky and uninteractive with an extremely narrow unit diversity, despite the fact that they look cool and thematic. It is a bore to play, CoH2 remains the king of these real-time tactics subgenre of RTS.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
I was sent this game for review, and MANY of the Steam page feature listings are not only missing, they don't even know WHEN they will get added. Pretty shady stuff.
according to a steam review: https://steamcommunity.com/id/VGMKoren/recommended/826630/

WARNING: As of the time of writing this, Iron Harvest currently has a significant amount of false advertisement on its Steam store page. To be clear:

There is no co-op campaign.
There is no controller support.
There are no Steam Achievements.
Competitive/Ranked Multiplayer is currently not in the game.
The Deluxe Edition's promised Mini-Campaign does not exist yet.

that seems really weird. when they made the page maybe they fully expected all those features to be done with and then they just... weren't?

Oct 27, 2017
It's not the exact CoH clone some people expected but it's not that either. It's definitely micro heavy. Maybe even more so than CoH.

Wouldn't be surprised if EGS required more work from the devs compared to Steam or GoG.

The units are just shit and barely responsive. It isn't micro heavy, it is just badly designed. It takes forever to push something like AT cannon to the point where start and finish the engagement before that shit even rolls into the position.

It has the philosophy of pointing a few things and then watching how your monstrous robot shoots. Quite similar to the shite that was DOW3 which prioritizes flashy interactions and clashing blobs over skill/function based gameplay.

A single Comet in Coh2 has more micro opportunities than the entire IH army composition.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
It isn't trash budget, it is just made by single-player for single-player folks. The competitive scene is propped up by money, and will evaporate as soon as there is no more free money available.

The game isn't even RNG, it is just clunky and uninteractive with an extremely narrow unit diversity, despite the fact that they look cool and thematic. It is a bore to play, CoH2 remains the king of these real-time tactics subgenre of RTS.
Would you say it's worth playing for the single player? I was thinking of getting it but some of these impressions are making me think twice.

Oct 27, 2017
Would you say it's worth playing for the single player? I was thinking of getting it but some of these impressions are making me think twice.

I don't know, don't care about RTS SPs... Plus it is an indie RTS SP, so forget all the polish and production values that StarCraft or HW had.

I think, unless you really really like the theme, you shouldn't prioritize this game. AI is as dumb as it gets, absolutely no brains or logic, it didn't even understand how to pick up resources or retreat in Beta.

For the strategy SPs, I would recommend either going with character based tactics games like Desperados, or Total Warhammers for the battlefield carnage.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
The units are just shit and barely responsive. It isn't micro heavy, it is just badly designed. It takes forever to push something like AT cannon to the point where start and finish the engagement before that shit even rolls into the position.

It has the philosophy of pointing a few things and then watching how your monstrous robot shoots. Quite similar to the shite that was DOW3 which prioritizes flashy interactions and clashing blobs over skill/function based gameplay.

A single Comet in Coh2 has more micro opportunities than the entire IH army composition.
I mostly used infantry in the demo so I didn't really get that impression. The fact that you can pick up field weapons means infantry blobbing is pretty ineffective. And stompy mechs can get hard countered by cheaper units in bunkers.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WARNING: As of the time of writing this, Iron Harvest currently has a significant amount of false advertisement on its Steam store page. To be clear:

There is no co-op campaign.
There is no controller support.
There are no Steam Achievements.
Competitive/Ranked Multiplayer is currently not in the game.
The Deluxe Edition's promised Mini-Campaign does not exist yet.
What the fuck is this about?