• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ja-

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
- ooblets
- No Straight Roads
- Eternal Cylinder
- Wattam
- Airborne Kingdom
- Superliminal
- Manifold Garden
- The Alto Collection

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
This just makes me incredibly happy that developers of games like Manifold Garden (holy shit, finally!), Ooblets, Eternal Cylinder and Watam get a guaranteed payday and don't have to worry about financing their project for a while, while also getting some pretty good promotion in the process. These people really deserve it.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I'm beyond happy to know that The Eternal Cylinder is being made into a full game. Has been one of the most trippy and interest concept from Ace Team and I'm stoked to see it fully realized.

Check out the trailer and it's concept one from 4 years ago, it's amazing.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
User Warned: Drive-by, trolling
What I will play next, whatever it is, is something not exclusive to the Epic Games Store.

Deleted member 41638

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
God I hope they play the good trailer for The Cycle. The garbage we got at Gamescom did that game a disservice

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
User warned: trolling
A few of these look interesting. It IS good to see Epic zeroing in on more obscure titles, as opposed to those on everyone's "Top 20/30" lists.

Hopefully the year-long Early Access on EGS lets the devs work out all the bugs for when the games get a mainstream release. I'll put some of these on my GOG/Steam wishlists as they get closer to release dates.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Airborne Kingdom looks cool, took me back to Figaro Castle in FFVI, except in the air instead of underground.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Oh dip, I didn't realize EGS got Wattam and No Straight Roads.

Those might be the first games I actually buy on EGS.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Hopefully Superliminal is available elsewhere by the time I end up buying a new gaming PC because that game looks really good.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Alto definitely has my ear. Sort of curious about Wattam after someone recommended it to me, but only by name.

Tangential, but I had a weird glitch the other week where Dauntless wasn't recognizing my controller (which did fix itself), but I've been having a good experience with the EGS/launcher for some time now. These highlight promos are a good use of their "airtime."

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
I refuse to purchase games from EGS until they stop the exclusivity deals.

That being said, I am super disappointed that Bee Simulator is EGS exclusive now, was wanting to play that with my son.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly never heard of these games so I probably wouldn't have picked them up anyways until there was WoM or deep discounts.

So good on the devs for getting paid.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
there's a lot of cool games in that montage. Wattam and Manifold Garden are two I've been following for years and Superliminal since it was called Museum of Simulation Technology I think. Hopefully they'll all be out soon

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
Superliminal looks really interesting. Kinda reminds me of a mix between SCALE and Perspective. Have to keep an eye out for that one.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wattam is an Annapurna game so I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise after the likes of Outer Wilds and Ashen. Still a shame but I'll get it after the year.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This just makes me incredibly happy that developers of games like Manifold Garden (holy shit, finally!), Ooblets, Eternal Cylinder and Watam get a guaranteed payday and don't have to worry about financing their project for a while, while also getting some pretty good promotion in the process. These people really deserve it.
The press release that Manifold Garden put out is probably the best I've seen this handled, I look forward to supporting them after.

A few of these look interesting. It IS good to see Epic zeroing in on more obscure titles, as opposed to those on everyone's "Top 20/30" lists.

Hopefully the year-long Early Access on EGS lets the devs work out all the bugs for when the games get a mainstream release. I'll put some of these on my GOG/Steam wishlists as they get closer to release dates.
I feel the same way.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing Wattam there hurts even though I kind of knew it'll be EGS cuz it's being published by Annapurna. I mean I know some of these safety nets make it easier for devs like the Manifold Garden one to actually put out their game without any fears so kudos for that.

However just like all EGS releases, I'll see them after a year's time from their release.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wish the games success and may the developers gain continued support through their endeavours. I myself will wait a year from release before playing these wonderful titles. Manifold Garden looks amazing.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
I hope in a year from now, I can support some of these wonderful games. Hopefully Wattam comes to consoles so I can get it there!

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
To answer the question: none, because exclusivity is bad for the PC space. They all look like impulse purchase 'play for an hour and never again' titles anyways, IMO. That's pretty much why I slowed down my how many games I purchase a year, there's just too much stuff coming out of varying quality.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Really happy for the developers in here. It's so nice to see them finally get support after all these years.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
And coming to PC for the first time... The Alto Collection

What? The Alto games are available on the Windows Store. I've played (and have achievements) for the first game on my PC.

Edit: Although now I look at it it looks like the sequel, Alto's Odyssey, didn't come to Windows. I played that one on iOS. So I guess, technically, 'The Alto Collection' is coming to PC for the first time. Just kinda weird.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
6 or 7 of the 8 games in that list are things I'm wanting to play next year, so I guess if they ain't coming to console ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Is there an actual event for these or is this just a video showcasing titles coming to EGS? Wondered if we'd hear any news at PAX like release dates or whatever.