• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
It sounds like, combined with the sale, those coupons will often be worth less than the $10 ones of previous sales.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
yeah, 25% is kind of a bummer. If a game isn't discounted, it's barely a difference, if a game is discounted, it's barely a difference.

Oh well, I'll sit this one out, no immediate super deals I see anyway.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah 25% is a downgrade. Unless a game exceeds 380kr, this sale will save you less than past ones.

Last edited:

RubberStamp

Oct 27, 2017
The coupon seems good for games that aren't discounted heavily. I kinda regret not grabbing some games from my wishlist during the last sale. Oh well, might just buy sifu and immortals fenix rising this time around.

OP
OP
Sky87

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
It sounds like, combined with the sale, those coupons will often be worth less than the $10 ones of previous sales.
The coupon gave me the equivalent of 10$ in my currency when i bought Stranger of Paradise at least. Guess the price does matter a lot more this time though, no more 20$ games being able to be discounted down to 10$ for example.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
So I thought I'd check the prices on some SE things if there was a sale on plus a coupon and my actual fucking god FFVII remake is Ā£70 not on sale!?!?!? Seventy FUCKING pounds for a PC game? On Epic where "the devs getting a better share will lead to lower prices". Jesus fuck. Can't even support it on sale because on sale it's still Ā£50! What the actual fuck!?

Stranger of Paradise is slightly better but still way too much and TWEY and KH aren't on sale. SE, at least one the Epic side of PC, are just fucking awful with the pricing, though I guess they are carrying that shit over to Steam with Forspoken's pricing though...

Trying to looka t some other stuff but the store is still a pain to navigate through.

OP
OP
Sky87

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
So I thought I'd check the prices on some SE things if there was a sale on plus a coupon and my actual fucking god FFVII remake is Ā£70 not on sale!?!?!? Seventy FUCKING pounds for a PC game? On Epic where "the devs getting a better share will lead to lower prices". Jesus fuck. Can't even support it on sale because on sale it's still Ā£50! What the actual fuck!?

Stranger of Paradise is slightly better but still way too much and TWEY and KH aren't on sale. SE, at least one the Epic side of PC, are just fucking awful with the pricing, though I guess they are carrying that shit over to Steam with Forspoken's pricing though...

Trying to looka t some other stuff but the store is still a pain to navigate through.
Given how close they are to Sony and what Sony did with the forced pricing of Salt and Sacrifice on the Epic Store as well, this doesn't surprise me. They're basically pricing it exactly the same as the PS5 version for some reason.
will this work on evil dead?
Should be able to get that for 25% off indeed.

EDIT: Worked for me at least.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017

FF7R is showing as 29% off in NA, so perhaps regional updates coming soon? Not sure if that can be stacked with the 25% off coupon... but if so that's acceptable

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017
FF7R is showing as 29% off in NA, so perhaps regional updates coming soon?

Oh yeah, sorry, it is on sale at 29% off, but that is still Ā£50 which is (or was) what you'd pay for a full priced console game. I think they are now Ā£60 this gen but I still haven't been able to get one when I've looked. It's just insane that the "normal" price is Ā£70 so even with an actually good reduction it's still the price I would feel ok paying for a brand new game, just released. I know it's the "enhanced port" version that PS5 got but even then, it was an over year and a half old port and released at more than you would pay for the console version.

And then the stuff with the KH games too where they split them up to sell separately for more than the collections cost on console. SE have just been awful with their Epic store exclusives even during sales.

Will wait for the (hopeful) Steam release and then maybe the price on PC will start to come down.

Back to the sale stuff though, I do enjoy just browsing the one sale bit and seeing games I've never seen before so that's always cool. Epic store still needs better browsing stuff though. Steam has spoilt me.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Nioh 2 for ~$25 and FFVIIR for $35 are tempting

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
FYI: Ubisoft is also having a sale that's matching the prices of their games on EGS, and they're doing a $/Ā£/ā‚¬10 off code when you spend $/Ā£/ā‚¬15, which means for anything $/Ā£/ā‚¬40 or less, they'll be cheaper if you go direct.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
I mentioned this in another thread but As part of this sale, FFVII Remake Intergrade is -29% off. usd $69.99 -> $49.69.

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
The 25% stacks with the sales. FFVII is the equivalent of $40 in my currency at check out, so it's imo a pretty nice deal. The coupon discount amounts to roughly $14 so it's worth more than th $10 one in this case.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Sonic Colors: Ultimate and FFVII Remake Integrade are the two things I'm thinking about getting right now, but haven't committed to anything yet.

Edit: Actually, I think I'd rather play FFVIIR when the whole series is out. Part 1 should be cheaper by then too, and probably on Steam.

Last edited:

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Anyone think Tony Hawk 1+2 will go below 50% off? The licensing seems to last for about 5 years so I'm wondering if I should triple dip sooner rather than later.

Similar question for Scott Pilgrim, but the licensing for the original version was about 4 years.

SickNasty

Mar 18, 2020
Neat, I was just wondering a few hours ago if they'd have a sale soon.

Now to enter the lottery.

Aug 4, 2021
My total was 238 SEK. that's $24. Before I switched to Sweden so that my card would work, I was paying $14.64 USD. I just looked at my receipt and I didn't get any discount on any of the games.

GTA V was 154.

I dont see why it wouldn't work then. Unless there's some weird region issue. Maybe the coupon was removed from the cart when you switched to Sweden. You could try and see if you can get the coupon working and redo the order.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
FFVIIR for $35 are tempting but have they address the PC stuttering issue?

Some people said performance was significantly improved by recent nvidia driver updates. Failing that there are drag and drop fixes that have worked for a lot of people, and/or running the game in DX11 instead of 12, or dropping textures to low. You'll know by chapter 3 if you'll have performance issues, but that might be outside of the 2 hour refund window if you're playing for the first time. In that case if you want to test it, you can download one of the game clear saves, fire up chapter 3 and wander around the town area. The stuttering issues were immediately apparent for most people affected by them.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
The new coupon is a massive downgrade outside of full priced titles. Shame as it was great for indies. Might get me to bite on Lego Star Wars at $38.

For me it sucked for indies as in my currency these games were always below the minimum amount necessary to use the coupon.

The 25% coupon at least can be used in the whole cart and not just in one game like the $10 used to be. It's worth if you're getting a bunch of games.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I guess that switching to % coupons means that Epic actually decided to stop losing somuch money and actually start working on Store being profitable one day.

EraLurker24

Feb 9, 2022

they tried to speed past the golden age of steam sales phase of growth too soon imo...Epic just isn't a good store compared to steam in terms of speed/reliability etc.

I was hoping they'd use that good grace from the $10 coupon to work out the problems with the store, but most of the issues remain

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017
they tried to speed past the golden age of steam sales phase of growth too soon imo...Epic just isn't a good store compared to steam in terms of speed/reliability etc.

I was hoping they'd use that good grace from the $10 coupon to work out the problems with the store, but most of the issues remain

Turns out giving away free games every week and free money every sale devalues the games on your platform and conditions the users to wait for a sale or for the game to be free and NOT Steam having a bunch of sales throughout the year.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
The coupon downgrade is a bummer. Immediately had me completely disinterested in the sale.
Yeah I might still get something, but this has definitely decreased the likelihood of me picking something up. I understand their financials and sale approach had to change at some point, but I was one of the minority of people more than happy to buy games on EGS over Steam because the bottom line I care about is how much things cost. If I am only going to be spending a few bucks less, however, it gets less appealing.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
I'm on the fence, yay or nay to Strangers of Paradise?

If you like crazy action combat, tons of jobs and abilities, super high skill ceiling, builds and theory crafting, combined with a kinda fun kinda cringe story that against all odds manages to land in the final act, some wild bosses, and a lot of fanservice in the form of reimagined locales from all the mainline games, its very worth the $40 or whatever it is. If you like Nioh, souls, Ninja Gaiden, it's basically a no brainer, and if you just like hack and slash with a FF coat of paint there are difficulty modes that cater to that as well.

Or in one 20 second clip:

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Obvious pro tip if you're interested in a game that's slightly below the 140kr threshold required for the 25% off coupon to be eligible: just top it off, dummy.

I was interested in Citizen Sleeper, but at 125.10kr it's below the threshold by 14.90kr.
So just sort by price and find the best fit. Getting Beyond Good & Evil for free saved me 20kr.