• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
How is the PC port of Tony Hawk ? Sounds tempting with the coupon.

Not sure if you needed any more responses to this but it's great. I play at max settings, 1080p on my gaming laptop and it mostly caps out at 120fps (my laptop's highest refresh). Drops are covered by VRR and it goes down to mid-90's at worst. Laptop has Ryzen 9 4900HS mobile CPU and RTX 2060 MaxQ for reference but I take it as a good sign that it's a visually good looking game running almost locked 120fps on relatively modest spec with no noted negative quirks.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Super Meat Boy or Disc Room (although the latter is quite a recent release).

store.steampowered.com

Disc Room on Steam

Are you ready to get sliced in half? The year is 2089 and a giant disc has appeared in orbit of Jupiter. Step into the oversized space suit of a brave scientist and explore this sprawling intergalactic slaughterhouse.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm always losing track of all my games with so many storefronts. Just found out I have Cities on steam. But I guess I should get it from epic for the coupon anyway..

Dec 25, 2018
Didnt consider Borderlands 3 (at this stage i guess GB makes there revenue off the season passes), seeing the blades made me think it would be Super Meat Boy, guess well see in 5 hours.

Managed to get through to purchasing Ghostrunner for £8.

Anshelm

Oct 28, 2017
Fuser just won''t work for me, had to refund it. Just kicks me out to desktop after Unreal logo everytime.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
Do you get a new coupon after buying a game with your first coupon?
They do mention getting your "first" coupon, but then don't say whether you can only get one or a new one after a purchase.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
are epic games streamable by either Geforce now or apps like steam link, moonlight etc? Tempted by disaster report 4 and maybe snowrunner but I'd prefer to play on my TV which currently means streaming

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If any of the free games turn out to be a game I just bought I am going to delete my Epic account.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I'm always losing track of all my games with so many storefronts. Just found out I have Cities on steam. But I guess I should get it from epic for the coupon anyway..
Playnite is your friend. I search for a game there before I buy it. It syncs with pretty much every bigger storefront. Itch.io is especially helpful because I bought that Black Lives Matter bundle with around 1000 games and there are quite some bigger indies in that one.
playnite.link

Playnite - video game library manager

Video game library manager with one simple goal: To provide a unified interface for all of your games.
Is Predator Hunting grounds worth buying, is there much of a player base?
It had a rough launch, I don't know how it is today. I read some good things about it. The player base is shared with PS4, so more players for everyone. Can't find any numbers though. It's only 5 players per game so it should be possible to find games. You can always refund in the store if there are no players as long as you didn't play more than 2 hours / owned the game for 14 days.
It's 24 for me. You mean with the coupon?

EDIT: I just realized there's a new coupon. Definitely using it for Disco Elysium.
You don't need to think about on what to spend the coupon. You will always get a new one after buying something. It's basically -10$ for every game that is 14.99$ or more.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I wanted to play The Pathless but it wasn't discounted at all. Still a bit too high price even with the voucher. Might wait for it to be available on Steam tho.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
cant decide if I am going to use these pretty good coupons and get valhalla and immortals for a pretty damn good PC price, or if I should just spent ~$30 on two months of Uplay plus (instead of $70 after coupons) and just play them (And maybe finish WD: Legion) that way. It shouldn't take more than two months to play both, you get gold edition access, etc. I guess question is do I intend to come back to the games after I beat them (ehh..doubtful?) and will they be cheaper sometime in maybe January/February as I don't anticipate playing those games until then given my current backlog/to play list.... hmm the choices.

Oh, to answer the question above, I am adding everything to cart until the Steam sale starts, then deciding. I don't think anything I am getting is in danger of being including the freebie lists, but if so I think you can get a refund.
I went the Ubisoft Plus way, it just made way more financial sense then buying the games. If I want to play it again down the track it'll be so much cheaper.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
are epic games streamable by either Geforce now or apps like steam link, moonlight etc? Tempted by disaster report 4 and maybe snowrunner but I'd prefer to play on my TV which currently means streaming
There's a few Epic games on GeForce Now. If you look at the Nvidia site's game list they tell you which service each version of the game is on.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Not sure if you needed any more responses to this but it's great. I play at max settings, 1080p on my gaming laptop and it mostly caps out at 120fps (my laptop's highest refresh). Drops are covered by VRR and it goes down to mid-90's at worst. Laptop has Ryzen 9 4900HS mobile CPU and RTX 2060 MaxQ for reference but I take it as a good sign that it's a visually good looking game running almost locked 120fps on relatively modest spec with no noted negative quirks.
Thanks for the information. I just got it for 23 €. Game runs really smooth with 144 FPS and even in 4K. Really fun game.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
So the "wrapping paper" is a hint right? For Cities, it had these comic styled skylines on it, now it's some kind of.. saw? sun?

unknown.png

unknown.png

edit I'm late I see :D

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

Good question. I use moonlight a lot but I haven't tried it on an epic game. I found workarounds for game pass games so I am sure there should be a way. I will let you know.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Ended up picking up Asssin's Creed Origins Gold for € 7,99. Can't really go wrong with that kind of value. Probably won't get into it just yet as I just beat Valhalla, but I doubt I will be able to get a better deal on it soon.

Miyahon

Nov 8, 2017
Anyone know if Squadrons requires both the Epic Launcher and Origin to be opened for Squadrons to work? I see the Steam version doesn't even require Origins at all.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Ashen for $6, yes/no?

That depends on how much you like Soulslikes. It's enjoyable enough but very barebones - imagine Dark Souls but with RPG elements, equipment, build and enemy variety stripped down. The level design is decent but there's nothing else particularly remarkable about it.