• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Quite surprised they didn't opt to get Among Us to be the free game today. Maybe they just assumed it was cheap enough that people would just pay but that seems primed for a release and giveaway at the same time kind of deal

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Quite surprised they didn't opt to get Among Us to be the free game today. Maybe they just assumed it was cheap enough that people would just pay but that seems primed for a release and giveaway at the same time kind of deal
Game is still selling well, Epic probably doesnt want to spend so much money.
Is Jurassic World Evolution good? What about Stranded Deep?
JWE is OK, not the best game in the genre (just passable) but the use of lince is a plus. Stranded Deep... I dont like it. It just feels like a worse Rust / Ark / better survival games. Hell Raft has a better setting.

Deleted member 76797

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Picked up Disco Elysium and Rai An Ancient Epic.....so far

have a "short" list to pick up a few more but im worried for my wallet

Metro Exodus
Red Lantern
Aquanox
Ghostunner
Pumpkin Jack
Among Trees
Borderlands 3
Ashen
Hammerting
As Far As The Eye
Desperados 3
Mortal Shell
Rimworld
Ooblots

the launcher is ass but you can't argue with Epic's xmas sale while they have this unlimited voucher going and free games daily

i *love* steam but epic sales have been better for the past year or so. steam stopped doing lightning deals and now they just want you to play around with your steam profile which i just don't care about.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
i *love* steam but epic sales have been better for the past year or so. steam stopped doing lightning deals and now they just want you to play around with your steam profile which i just don't care about.
Epic sales are better because Epic just lights their money on fire to make people use them. When you are selling everything at a personal loss its hard to beat.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
I love how Epic mission went from killing race to bottom and opt-in sales to let's just discount everything even if developer doesn't want, making problem much worse.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I got into PC gaming because of how great Steam sales used to be. But now it has been so long that I can't even remember the last Steam sale that impressed me.

I'm sure years from now once Fortnite's popularity eventually starts to wane, Epic will stop doing the free game giveaways and $10 coupons, but until then I'm going to enjoy it.

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
Hades would still be eligible at 40% off (40% off of $25 is $15), so probably still safe to hold off if someone wanted a cheaper price later.
Ah, I assumed the conversion from USD to CDN would mirror, but for us it's $14 off anything over $20.99. And Hades is $27.99, so a minimal discount would mess up the deal for us.

Is Hades really US$25? Huh.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I will likely get Rogue Legacy 2 with the coupon. Not much else I want at this time. But like someone else said, I probably won't play it for some time. Want to get the full experience

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Desperados III with the season pass for $15.99 CAD feels like I'm ripping someone off, but it's the best deal of the year for me!

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
To me, Steam sales are more about discovery than getting a ton of money off the big name games and I'm fine with that. Epic's selection is too small for that so they make up for it with the deeper discounts. But that thrill of finding a hidden gem at a steal of a price just isn't there in the same quantity.

Everyone needs Tetris Effect in their life though. Either Epic or Game Pass. It's my game of the forever.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Damn crysis remaster is a dollar short from 20.99 cad so I can't use the 14 dollars coupon :(

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I can wait to see if Outer Wilds is free at some point, but $5 (with coupon) is really tempting.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Got Fuser, Bugsnax, Tetris Effect and Tony Hawk's™ Pro Skater™ 1+2™
And Observer: System Redux. Not part of the sale, but the coupon works on it just as well, making for -45%.

Fuser is still not exactly cheap, nearly the total of the other four, but whatcha gonna do.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Checks out with this leak, Would also correlate with the leaked games for 23, 24, and 31. (Tropico, Inside, and Jurassic world)

Oh man, that would be a total bust for me.

Got no interest in any of those games aside from Portia and I already own it on Steama. Eh, its free though. Can't really complain.

Dec 25, 2018
If the list is real then outside of Night in The Woods and Inside, the rest i either already got in earlier free giveaways, already have on Steam or dont have much interest in (ah heck ill end up adding them anyway in case of the mythical backlog free rainy day).

Feel a bit safer about some of the games i might get before the sale ends (Death Stranding or Disco Elysium).

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Assuming Bugsnax isn't one of the free games (which I feel is certainly possible since it was a PS+ game) - ill probably grab it with the coupon.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, that would be a total bust for me.

Got no interest in any of those games aside from Portia and I already own it on Steama. Eh, its free though. Can't really complain.
I was the same when I first saw this list. I then googled the games and saw that a good amount of them are survival/build games like Subnautica, and earlier this month I was thinking about playing Subnautica again after getting a itch for that type of game.

I never played Alien, and Darkest Dungeon, I will probably never get around to trying them still, but this is the case made for something like Game Pass, but here we get to play them at any time, without a sub. They will be there for when I'm in the mood to give it a try. I wasn't in the mood for city builders after getting Skyline, but seeing the trailer of Jurassic World: Evolution I'm looking forward to the last day.

Looking at last year's daily givaway, they too were somewhat small games. This one is pretty good in comparison.

31/12/2019 Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair
30/12/2019 Hello Neighbor
29/12/2019 The Talos Principle
28/12/2019 Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
27/12/2019 Hyper Light Drifter (2nd chance)
26/12/2019 Faster Than Light
25/12/2019 Totally Accurate Battle Simulator
24/12/2019 Celeste (2nd chance to claim)
23/12/2019 Ape Out
22/12/2019 Little Inferno
21/12/2019 Superhot
20/12/2019 TowerFall Ascension
19/12/2019 Into The Breach

JT60564

Oct 19, 2020
Also in case anyone wasn't aware, Amazon Prime offers free games as well. Most are old SNK games but they are giving away both Yooka-Laylees. I believe they will give out Overcooked on the 25th as well.

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I bought Tony hawk which runs surprisingly well on my 960ti. My four year old is in love with it despite barely knowing what she is doing. I own launchbox so I integrated epic into it so I can quickly launch my games using moonlight on my tv.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit Desperados III with all DLC is on sale for 30, so only 20 after the coupon.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
The list seems pretty legit because all of the games on it that are already in the EPIC store arent on sale currently.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Wait you get a NEW coupon when you use the first one? WTF man, this is great.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
It's limitless. You just keep getting them until the promotion is over.

That's really nuts, makes so many borderline games that are like 30 dollars into instant impulse purchases.

Reminds me of the joys of olden day Steam sales. Just bought Desperados and Star Wars Squadrons, might also grab Ghostrunner. They're all pretty much "eh why not" prices with the coupons.

Necrovex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a tad stunned that Epic Game Store still hasn't updated their client to allow people to "gift" games to other. Like there isn't anything I want, but I wanted to give my friend Disco Elysium.

How are the Shadowrun games?

I adore the Shadowrun games. Dragonfall and Hong Kong are some of my favorites. Never touched Returns.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I was the same when I first saw this list. I then googled the games and saw that a good amount of them are survival/build games like Subnautica, and earlier this month I was thinking about playing Subnautica again after getting a itch for that type of game.

I never played Alien, and Darkest Dungeon, I will probably never get around to trying them still, but this is the case made for something like Game Pass, but here we get to play them at any time, without a sub. They will be there for when I'm in the mood to give it a try. I wasn't in the mood for city builders after getting Skyline, but seeing the trailer of Jurassic World: Evolution I'm looking forward to the last day.

Looking at last year's daily givaway, they too were somewhat small games. This one is pretty good in comparison.

31/12/2019 Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair
30/12/2019 Hello Neighbor
29/12/2019 The Talos Principle
28/12/2019 Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
27/12/2019 Hyper Light Drifter (2nd chance)
26/12/2019 Faster Than Light
25/12/2019 Totally Accurate Battle Simulator
24/12/2019 Celeste (2nd chance to claim)
23/12/2019 Ape Out
22/12/2019 Little Inferno
21/12/2019 Superhot
20/12/2019 TowerFall Ascension
19/12/2019 Into The Breach

What the? I missing like half of these. I must've really not have been paying much attention last year lol.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The AUD $22 requirement for getting a renewed coupon is really stopping me from buying anything. The more expensive games I either already have (2077) or I access through Ubisoft Plus/Game Pass, so I don't really want to buy a cheap game then have to spend $22 just to get $15 off for my next game. Ah well, I barely use the Epic launcher anyway so no big deal.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
The AUD $22 requirement for getting a renewed coupon is really stopping me from buying anything. The more expensive games I either already have (2077) or I access through Ubisoft Plus/Game Pass, so I don't really want to buy a cheap game then have to spend $22 just to get $15 off for my next game. Ah well, I barely use the Epic launcher anyway so no big deal.
I don't think you are quite getting how the sale works.

you buy anything, including the free game you get a coupon.
the coupon works for a discount off games, but only if they are above a certain price. So in your case it seems to be $15 off games over $22.

You buy a game the coupon works on you get another.
you buy a game the coupon doesn't work on you still have the coupon.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
The whole cupon system is to get around developers having a problem with a lower sticker price on their games during EGS sales it seem. This way EGS is simply giving people $10 or $15 to spend towards the game they want over a certain price (not counting pre-orders).

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
As much as I'd rather not give Epic my money, there are some seriously great deals on here.

Being Canadian I'm looking at:

$18.99 for Death Stranding or Star Wars Squadrons.
$16.99 for Maneater
$12.99 For Disco Elysium
$9.99 for Mortal Shell
$29.99 for Mount and Blade II

Crazy good deals. I really don't have the money to blow on everything I want (nor the time to play it). Very tempted to get a few games though.

coopolon

Oct 25, 2017
It's very unlikely that Control is one of the free games right? Just got a 3080 and want to play something with RTX and have never played Control

coopolon

Oct 25, 2017
I could see them offering the basic version of the game to drive DLC sales. I probably wouldn't bet on it though.
Yeah, at this price I'll probably just get it.

Here's another question, if I buy Cyberpunk 2077 on Epic, does it just connect to GOG? Or do I have to have Epic installed/running to play it?