• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
So, I just found this link and I haven't seen it discussed on ERA. If there's another tread about this, please close this one. Apparently, Epic has a Trello with a roadmap of features they want to implement over the next few months. It's interesting to see what they want to add and how long it's going to take. If they can implement all those features within a year, then I think they'll be in pretty good standing with Steam. Yes, they wouldn't have everything Steam has, but it seems they would have the basics.

Alderade

Oct 27, 2017
Well we can look the last feature added "Store Search".

It add a search bar in the upper screen to search by the name of the game only and filter. The name only. In 2019. My new intern with no xp can do better.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
A shopping cart in 6 months holy wow I can't wait

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017

giphy.gif

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The shopping cart stuff is a funny joke, but then I remember how long it took for MS to add one. I'm guessing there's something that's a real pain in the ass there.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
The shopping cart stuff is a funny joke, but then I remember how long it took for MS to add one. I'm guessing there's something that's a real pain in the ass there.

I was gonna say this. Joking aside, Xbox *just* added a shopping cart. And their store has been going since, what, 2005? 6 months would've been dreamy for Xbox users.

Last edited:

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
User reviews? I thought they've said they wouldn't be having those on the store/launcher?

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
This Trello link might as well be called "Here's a handy list of every reason people hate the Epic Game Store." None of this would be a problem of course if they weren't strong-arming their way into the PC market with all of that Fortnite money, but here we are.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
4-6 months to make playtime visible. (It's tracked already, which is hardest part)

User reviews? I thought they've said they wouldn't be having those on the store/launcher?

They'll just work differently. They are opt-in for developers and only those who are given permission, may review. And can be disabled any time.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
4-6 months to make playtime visible. (It's tracked already, which is hardest part)

They'll just work differently. They are opt-in for developers and only those who are given permission, may review. And can be disabled any time.
even worse. last time they talked about it, they said they were considering a lottery system. As in, you can only review a game if you're "randomly" selected to be able to.

GangWarily

Oct 25, 2017
May for cloud saves is bleh. I already lost my Metro Exodus save because I didn't realize Epic Games Launcher is missing cloud backup.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
if console warring is not allowed on Era I don't know why all this endless Steam vs. EGS bullshit is

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I personally have little doubt Epic's store will be good enough in the not too distant future. People are well within their right to ignore it until it is, though.

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Storefront early access............I think we have just reached the games service singularity here.

I feel like Epic's attitude in all this is expecting customers to bow towards Tim with every sunrise while reciting."We are not worthy. This is for our own good!"

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
If they meet their targets it looks like this time next year EGS will really be a force to be reckoned with. In the meantime however I am going to keep redeeming those free games to build up a library without actually buying anything.

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
Storefront as a Service - SaaS?

Don't you sass Epic game store like that!

Haven't you heard? They are providing competition and competition is good and will improve the industry for consumers someday in the undetermined future so long as they act like scum now with spyware and moneyhats. But that will all end soon. Consumers just don't know what's good for them. The benefits will trickle down.

Lupic

Dec 31, 2017
United Kingdom
So if a dev releases a garbage game, garbage patch or something similar and they know they'll probably get some backlash, they can just disable the ability for users to leave feedback/reviews? seems dodgy imo

Last edited:

Spazerbeam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I appreciate the transparency with the update schedule. Soon enough it's going to be comparable with steam with features.

galv

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tell me why it's a crucial feature to have a shopping cart for an online game store. I'll wait.

All you Steam fanboys with your "shopping carts" and "controller support" and "in-home streaming" and "cloud saves" and "functional interface" and "regional pricing" and "non-spyware" - all of it is just feature bloat, who really uses any of those, like honestly.