• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
While it isn't eligible for the coupon, one of my favorite games this year, Observation, is $12.50. Really great sci-fi adventure game.

Ixian

Nov 25, 2018
Euro pricing is pretty annoying, a lot of items discounted to 14.99 and therefore not eligible that people in the US are buying with the voucher no problem. Irritating, but at least picked up satisfactory & outward. I had completely forgotten about Griftlands since reveal (love some Klei) but it seems it was rebooted away from the very ambitious rpg/simulation idea towards a smaller scale card game? Hard not to feel disappointed comparing it to the initial pitch.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
Alright, I think I'm done with purchases. I got Outer Wilds, Journey, and Metro Exodus for $30 so not too bad I'd say.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Euro pricing is pretty annoying, a lot of items discounted to 14.99 and therefore not eligible that people in the US are buying with the voucher no problem. Irritating, but at least picked up satisfactory & outward. I had completely forgotten about Griftlands since reveal (love some Klei) but it seems it was rebooted away from the very ambitious rpg/simulation idea towards a smaller scale card game? Hard not to feel disappointed comparing it to the initial pitch.
14.99 should be covered by the coupon I thought?

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
I played it for two hours and I can honestly say Tetris Effect should be an immediate get in its current price and is the best of the bunch in this sale.

It's goddamned fantastic and you should play it now!

Listen to him! I waited so long for the price to go that low(also already own it on PS4 for VR).
Get it while you all can.

Last edited:

DiscoShark

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ive never had any interest in Tetris before Tetris Effect but I sunk 22 hours into the game since the beginning of the sale, just beat it. I absolutely understand why it was a GOTY contender for so many outlets and its deserving of all of its praise.

Buy it.

(half of that playtime was the last level)

--

Anyone have any insight into Rebel Galaxy Outlaw. I enjoyed the first one but found it to be a bit repetitive, how's the sequel?

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Exodus for $7.....guys should I do it?
You can play the entire trilogy on pc pass but game pass version of it is kind of bad and have annoying issues and glitches. $7 to own it is still pretty good way to play it over game pass and in case you want to buy the DLC, I would rather not do it on the pc pass version.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
breakpoint for $13 honestly sounds insanely tempting...........holy hell

Just bought the division 2 ultimate for $13

OP
OP
Burt

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Control for $30 or Total Warhammer 2 for $20 is about to crack my psyche via analysis paralysis

Also I need to play Kenshi and ATOM RPG

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017
You can play the entire trilogy on pc pass but game pass version of it is kind of bad and have annoying issues and glitches. $7 to own it is still pretty good way to play it over game pass and in case you want to buy the DLC, I would rather not do it on the pc pass version.

Agreed it may be worth it since I had a similarly awful experience playing it on gamepass. All sorts of crashing including the complete inability to play in DX12.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Control for $30 or Total Warhammer 2 for $20 is about to crack my psyche via analysis paralysis

Also I need to play Kenshi and ATOM RPG

was kind of hoping to see three kingdoms on EGS but, sadly its steam only and when it goes on sale its not very good. Would have been nice to get a $45 with a $10 coupon sale

Cloud_Strife

Nov 23, 2018
Bought these games. Amazing discounts. :D

Assassin's Creed Origins Gold Edition - $6.49

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 Ultimate Edition - $6.79

Control - $5.40

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order - $9.08

Oct 25, 2017
Just got Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold Edition for $3.70. Didn't play Origins, but I couldn't pass for that price, so fuck Origins.

Still need to play Black Flag, too, but since they're so different in structure and gameplay, I could just play both one after the other when I'm in the mood for some Assassin's Creed.

OP
OP
Burt

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I just want to say, having spent a few hours with it, that every person in the world should buy Control

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Agreed it may be worth it since I had a similarly awful experience playing it on gamepass. All sorts of crashing including the complete inability to play in DX12.

For the Windows Store version you have to make the game crash, boot it in safe mode and then change it to DX12 manually and then restart the game. It's fucking stupid but that's the only way I could fix it.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
So it looks like EGS has extended the sale to January 7. Not everything is on sale still--for example, the Assassin's Creed games aren't on sale anymore, and neither is Observation. Most importantly, you can still get new $10 coupons for every purchase above $14.99 (or whatever that worked out to in your local currency during the holiday sale).

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
Just got Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold Edition for $3.70. Didn't play Origins, but I couldn't pass for that price, so fuck Origins.

Still need to play Black Flag, too, but since they're so different in structure and gameplay, I could just play both one after the other when I'm in the mood for some Assassin's Creed.
Great deal for a great game

ROMASS

One Winged Slayer
Oct 15, 2018
So now it's possible to get games that during the sale were a couple of bucks too cheap, like John Wick Hex, and still get back the coupon, that's pretty good

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
So now it's possible to get games that during the sale were a couple of bucks too cheap, like John Wick Hex, and still get back the coupon, that's pretty good
That.. was always the case? If you don't spend the coupon (by using it on a game over 15), you keep it. If you do spend it, you also keep it. It's basically a glorified 10 bucks discount on everything over 15$, and it's been like this from the start.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
That.. was always the case? If you don't spend the coupon (by using it on a game over 15), you keep it. If you do spend it, you also keep it. It's basically a glorified 10 bucks discount on everything over 15$, and it's been like this from the start.
He means some games that were just below the 15$ and you couldnt use the coupon on are now available because the sale "ended" and you still recoup the coupon.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Great, the "discount" on Manifold Garden is finally gone, now the voucher applies to it. but Fuck You to Superliminal which extended its 20% sale, keeping it just below the voucher threshold until the end.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, if anyone is sitting on a coupon and wants to play a really crazy game, get Manifold Garden. Played through it all in one sitting last night and was pretty blown away by it.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Great, the "discount" on Manifold Garden is finally gone, now the voucher applies to it. but Fuck You to Superliminal which extended its 20% sale, keeping it just below the voucher threshold until the end.

Is that on a store other than US? It's $15.99 on US store.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
just used the coupon on this, still got another coupon after buying btw
Thanks. I picked it up. Maybe I'll find another chance to use the coupon.
The coupons don't expire until May so you can just save it until the sale ends and then buy it. I wouldn't blame the developers since I know there was confusion about how the sale worked last time which caused some games to miss out on the Epic discount.