• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
EA hate was based on mostly valid stuff. Half the Epic stuff is bullshit, half-remembered reddit accusations and sinophobia.
Can we stop with this stupid logic that people that don't like Tencent are sinophobic/xenophobic? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Disliking a massive corporation doesn't mean you hate the people of the country that corporation originates from.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Can we stop with this stupid logic that people that don't like Tencent are sinophobic/xenophobic? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Disliking a massive corporation doesn't mean you hate the people of the country that corporation originates from.

Indeed. It always weirds me out when people do this, especially given Tencent's involvement in China's horrific treatment of Uyghurs. There are valid reasons to dislike Tencent or other big megacorps.

Last edited:

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The Good Life by SWERY will be Epic exclusive now.

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
User threadbanned, further action pending review: inflammatory accusations, misrepresenting other members, thread derailment over a series of posts. History of similar behaviour.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I didnt know/forgot that Epic now owns Rocket League. That explains why it left steam

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
Can you move yours to the log out button so we don't have to hear this moronic take every fucking time?
Why is my take worse than yours? Epic is a games company, they make games, they own companies that make games. The great sin they seem to be commiting is creating a competitor to steam. Yet getting bought by epic is a very secure and mostly positive experience for devs studios. No one is going to get locked out of any platform, and at worst, you have to use another store.

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017
It's not irrational though? It's really not hard to understand why epic gets the hate they do and you don't even have to look that far back. Unless you're brand new to this news you're probably well aware of why they get the hate they do and your dismissal of it is like putting your head in the sand.

Their bullshit with Apple? Fine. Whatever. Let's give both companies heat. Aside from that... what are you talking about? The exclusive deals they make on the epic store? Are you talking about Tencent? If so, fine. I get it. Just basing what I see on this forum, I think most people have forgotten about that anyway.

I would recommend not responding to such posts. After two years and hundreds of posts explaining the issues with Epic in detail, I don't believe that anyone still dismissing them as irrational is doing so in good faith. Report and move on.

Okay. Explain it to me then.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Took two posts after yours for someone to bring up China as their reason for hating Epic. But ok.
Fuck the CCP and those that prop them up
Disliking the Chinese government also doesn't mean you hate chinese people my guy
Quite dangerous of anyone trying to conflate discomfort of the association to CCP to mean some sort of dog whistle against Chinese people. Go as far as say holding that stance shows some sort of apologism for them.

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory accusations over a series of posts
Disliking the Chinese government also doesn't mean you hate chinese people my guy
"I hate the country, not the people." isn't the defense you think it is. Especially when that hatred is so broad that it extends all the way to Epic, an American gaming company, simply because one of their investors is a Chinese gaming company.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
My biggest concern here is the large amount and variety of games coming out of this group will diminish. Also they'll F2P Fall Guys in the worst way possible

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018
Took two posts after yours for someone to bring up China as their reason for hating Epic. But ok.

I tried to find the post you're referencing, and this is the only one I could find that even remotely matches your description:

Indeed. It always weirds me out when people do this, especially given Tencent's involvement in China's horrific treatment of Uyghurs. There are valid reasons to dislike Tencent or other big megacorps.

Are you sincerely suggesting that it's sinophobic to express concerns about a corporation's connections to an authoritarian government that is engaged in ethnic cleansing? This clearly has nothing to do with prejudice against the Chinese people, who are suffering more than anyone from their government's disregard for human rights. This argument is so transparently warped that I can't possibly believe it's being made in good faith.

Deleted member 3040

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay. Explain it to me then.
Friendly reminder for you, and everyone else not understanding the dislike Epic Store gets, to read this old PDF: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DuU-bjOqiCsZgXtqN_F3eCdx2CKKOT8_/view

I don't remember when it was written or by whom, but it was related to this forum. Apart from that there's also been a huge thread detailing things, but I can't find it at the moment. Maybe someone else can. I believe it was GhostTrick ?

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
If it's anything like Rocket League, they're going to increase the prices of cosmetics quite hard and introduce some FOMO elements.

Rocket League went from $2-4 car skins with permanent availability (until removal) to $15 skins with extremely limited purchase windows.
Those DLC prices were going away regardless cause of the rocket pass which came way before epic. It replaced the loot boxes so I'm fine with it. General prices are high but it meant people could get white zombas for 10 dollars instead of the 200 they were trading for prior.

The transition had it's ups and downs. I pretty much just stick to the pass which is still an amazing value and only buy something when I know it would be much more expensive in trades(white cars).

The new licensed DLC prices do suck though.

Last edited:

pixelpatron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seattle
If they can streamline the experience a bit more for the follow up it'll be a great get. Load times are too strained. The merch potential for this IP is great too.

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017
Friendly reminder for you, and everyone else not understanding the dislike Epic Store gets, to read this old PDF: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DuU-bjOqiCsZgXtqN_F3eCdx2CKKOT8_/view

I don't remember when it was written or by whom, but it was related to this forum. Apart from that there's also been a huge thread detailing things, but I can't find it at the moment. Maybe someone else can. I believe it was GhostTrick ?

I appreciate it, but I'm gon be real with you for a second. Read through three pages... all of it talking about the store. Scrolled through the rest and we still dealing with the store. Look, I get it... you want to keep the PC an open platform and people got a lot of concerns. And I couldn't care less.

I figured I would find something about Tencent in there... hell, maybe I missed something. But nah. The majority of gamers don't care about that. They have proven that is not their speed.

Deleted member 3040

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate it, but I'm gon be real with you for a second. Read through three pages... all of it talking about the store. Scrolled through the rest and we still dealing with the store. Look, I get it... you want to keep the PC an open platform and people got a lot of concerns. And I couldn't care less.

I figured I would find something about Tencent in there... hell, maybe I missed something. But nah. The majority of gamers don't care about that. They have proven that is not their speed.
Of course it's about the store as it's what these ridiculous endless discussions end up being about? "It's just another launcher" and whatnot, as evidently seen in this thread.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Congrats on the money, Mediatonic. However I have a low tolerance for microtransactions so if they make it even slightly worse, I'm done with the game.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
"I hate the country, not the people." isn't the defense you think it is. Especially when that hatred is so broad that it extends all the way to Epic, an American gaming company, simply because one of their investors is a Chinese gaming company.
Disliking a countries government isnt "hating the country" but keep twisting my words I guess. If you think Tencent is just a gaming company you really need to do some more research, particularly on WeChat, before coming into a thread and making baseless accusations.

Last edited:

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

I really hope that's possible, the way cheating became rampant on the Steam version makes me really not looking forward to encountering this on PS4 as well.

too bad. Epic is involved crossplay / cross account is happening.

Yeah I just read it. Cross progression is great, but I do hope Epic helps Mediatonic to make the game more safe from hackers before implementing cross everything in the live version.
The dedicated rooms for cheaters only was a nice idea but I felt like that wasn't enough.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope that's possible, the way cheating became rampant on the Steam version makes me really not looking forward to encountering this on PS4 as well.

Yeah I just read it. Cross progression is great, but I do hope Epic helps Mediatonic to make the game more safe from hackers before implementing cross everything in the live version.
The dedicated rooms for cheaters only was a nice idea but I felt like that wasn't enough.
Hackers haven't really been an issue in the game for like 6 months

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Epic Games made microtransactions prices much worse in Rocket League, good thing I don't really play Fall Guys as much

Even prior to this announcement, there was evidence in leaks that a hard currency is being added. It may well appear with S4. To be fair to Fall Guys, the sum total of its microtransactions is a few relatively cheap packs of skins. The vast, vast majority of skins can only be earned through the kudos and crowns currencies that cannot be paid for. Hopefully they find a happy medium between where they are now and the utter mess of Rocket League's monetisation. Again, to be fair, Rocket League's monetisation was a mess prior to Epic's acquisition and since Epic bought Psyonix they got rid of the blind box shit.