• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
7k players right now on Steam, it's pretty bad and it's getting worse.

It's a few days away from a new season launching. And it will be launching on Xbox and Switch in the next few months. And is still being played on PS4/PS5.

The point is that people are still playing it. And anyone coming into the thread to ask, "People still play this???" is trolling and thread-shitting.

Weird move from Epic, and yes of course they bought them for Fall Guys.

Fall Guys is part of the reason for Fall Guys. They wouldn't just buy them for Fall Guys. It isn't on the level of something like Rocket League. The team will make something new in the future.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Guessing this'll go free to play and migrate to EGS in the near future.

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
As far as removing Fall Guys from Steam (sadly) wonder where Devolver factors into it since they published it? Will Epic have to pay them off to get it off Steam?

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Fuck Epic, I'm done with this game. They're going to kill it just like they killed Rocket League. Everything they touch dies.

danielvdell

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Feb 12, 2019
Los Angeles
I'm not particularly a fan of Epic Games based on how they run their store, but I am excited to see this game get an account system for cross-progression, especially with the Switch version on the way.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Epic is slowly becoming the place for party family friendly games.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They're going to kill it just like they killed Rocket League.
Uhh I'm sorry but what? I've been playing Rocket League since the PS+ release, now on PC, and the game has never been more popular. Over 1M active daily players and a thriving eSports scene.

I feel like Epic is gonna move to make Fall Guys F2P and boost the player pop just like they did with Rocket League.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, they will eventually freeze the game content on Steam based on Rocket League's precedent. I was planning on buying some of the DLC costumes but forget about it now.

VerySerious

Oct 25, 2017

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Well, when they bought them, they said this:

We knew it would be leaving Steam the day of the purchase so we'll have to see what Epic's statement about this is.
Yeah hopefully they keep it on there. It's published by Devolver as well so I'd imagine they would want to keep it on as many stores as possible.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
Psyonix has done very very well since being acquired so I definitely see why Mediatonic agreed. Hope Fall Guys can continue to get more content and improve.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
User Banned (1 Day): Platform Warring; Thread Derail
They didn't kill Rocket League. It's not dead.

The Epic hate is getting out of control.
It's dead in terms of being a good game without a bunch of micro transactions shoved down your throat and a forced Epic account. It's not even on Steam anymore. They don't care about the quality of the game, only the money they can make and the people they can force to use their shitty launcher that doesn't even have a fifth of the features Steam does. I'd rather use Origin than their filth

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, they will eventually freeze the game content on Steam based on Rocket League's precedent. I was planning on buying some of the DLC costumes but forget about it now.
If it's anything like Rocket League, they're going to increase the prices of cosmetics quite hard and introduce some FOMO elements.

Rocket League went from $2-4 car skins with permanent availability (until removal) to $15 skins with extremely limited purchase windows.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's dead in terms of being a good game without a bunch of micro transactions shoved down your throat and a forced Epic account. It's not even on Steam anymore. They don't care about the quality of the game, only the money they can make and the people they can force to use their shitty launcher that doesn't even have a fifth of the features Steam does. I'd rather use Origin than their filth
So it's not dead at all, it's just on EGS which you don't like.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
It makes sense. Epic's catalogue is games that blend marketing with gameplay. Fortnite is pretty much just a giant advertisement platform. I can see Fall Guys events in the future where you unlock costumes based on upcoming movie releases.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Good for them. Sucks that it's Epic buying them but what can you do?

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
That's kind of like saying Rocket League is dead.

It's no longer the biggest hotness on the planet, but it's far from dead.
Rocket league is nowhere comparable to fall guys. Despite for example, being pulled away from steam, rocket league easily managed around 50K or more CCU on STEAM.. fall guys is aready on only around 10-15K or 20K. Rocket league is also way more popular and fun to play.

Also iam not gonna say much here since the inevitable "we won't say anything for now but we'll remove it from STEAM months later" will occur iam sure because thats what Epic does. They're not one of those companies that respect the already established fanbases on different platforms after purchasing a company that manages an already released game. Want to say good luck to them but they choose to be with a company like Epic games, can't feel good about that at all personally sorry..

dot

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
crossplay will probably come pretty soon then

i need a fall guy backbling

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
If it's anything like Rocket League, they're going to increase the prices of cosmetics quite hard and introduce some FOMO elements.

Rocket League went from $2-4 car skins with permanent availability (until removal) to $15 skins with extremely limited purchase windows.
Oh I did not know this part. Maybe I should actually go buy the skins while they are reasonably priced XD

Deleted member 18324

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess you don't need to bother working on your own storefront if you just let other people do the work on discoverability features and buy out whatever floats to the top

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
All of the people I know that played RL for thousands of hours on PS (not even PC) dropped the game when Epic bought it and shoved in battle pass bullshit and a forced Epic account
It had it peak concurrent player count after EPIC bought them, so that doesn't mean anything. Also RL never had good monetisation, I'll take what it is now over the shitty lootbox and keys based system it was.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017