• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Is Fall Guys even a huge deal anymore? Feels like chatter and hype died pretty quickly. Same with Among Us.

Dhruvenator

Aug 29, 2019
This is Epic's strategy and it's so smart. They'll make it free to play and charge for battlepass/mtx

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Eugh, I hate how every time I start Rocket League it asks me to share my Xbox friends list with epic. Bad news just for that reason alone.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
So bummed, this is going to very possibly be the end of the player friendly fame pass and very limited kudos system.

once they start gauging for microtransactions and charging for the fame pass Im done playing

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Is Fall Guys even a huge deal anymore? Feels like chatter and hype died pretty quickly. Same with Among Us.

People still play Fall Guys.

But I'm kind of amazed at the number of people replying with something like this.

You do realize they didn't buy Mediatonic just for Fall Guys, right? And that they bought them for games they develop in the future as well?

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I liked Fall Guys for a month or two, but I lost interest after winning a few crowns. How have the content updates been since then?

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that's such a small team, but what a good day for them, probably got paid some big money.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I expect them to shift the Rocket League model of F2P with more in-game transactions.

which to be fair has not harmed Rocket League in the slightest

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Click through to the FAQ

unknown.png

Apt.

Oct 27, 2017
The "constant new content" pipeline for a game like this needs a lot of staff to be viable. I wouldn't be surprised if they took the deal toy keep them stable and help them grow. I hope everything works out for them and they are getting a solid cashout from this.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Their website is being slammed from the influx of traffic, of course it will get errors guys lol

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
User Warned: Drive-By Posting
People still play Fall Guys?

Hopefully they produce games with sustained excellence under epic and not just a summer fad.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
FAQ

You may have heard the news that Mediatonic is joining the Epic Games family! You can read the announcement at the Epic Games Newsroom.

This is a huge win for Fall Guys. Since Fall Guys broke out in August, we've put everything we have into the game, and the Fall Guys team has already grown massively from 35 to 150+. Yet, there is so much more we want to build for our players. With our publisher Devolver Digital supporting and championing us along the way with Fall Guys, Foul Play and Hatoful Boyfriend, we've been able to bring some truly unique experiences to players as an independent studio.

Joining forces with Epic will accelerate our plans to improve the game and bring Fall Guys to as many players as possible, while continuing to support the community.

We've put together this FAQ to answer some of the initial questions you may have.

How will this affect the game?

Your gameplay isn't changing and neither is our mission to bring Fall Guys to as many players as possible. Each season, we'll continue to expand the game with new content, features, rounds, and costumes.

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout will remain purchasable on Steam and PlayStation. If you own the game on these platforms, you'll still be able to play it from there and will receive future updates. We are also still planning to bring Fall Guys to Nintendo Switch and Xbox.

Fortnite and Rocket League already have tons of features we'd love to bring to Fall Guys—account systems, cross-play, squad vs squad modes, etc…We're going to work hard on bringing more of these features to Fall Guys too!

Free-To-Play?

Nothing to announce right now!

How will this affect the community?

We absolutely love our community and we wouldn't be in this situation without your continued support.

We'll stay super close with you, continue to chat with you in the same open and honest way, and continue to take on all of your suggestions and feedback.

Why did you choose Epic?

We've been mutual fans for a while and as we've gotten to know the Epic team better, it turns out we have a lot in common and share a lot of the same goals.

They really love Fall Guys and our team at Mediatonic. We'll continue to be the same team, working on the same game, but we'll now have the full power of Epic Games to help us take the game to new (dizzying) heights.

Will you still make the same kind of games in future?

We're proud of Mediatonic's creative culture and this is something that Epic really values too. We're focused on creating games that empower our players, create joy, and bring people together to have fun, and we couldn't be more excited about the opportunities ahead.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Christ, I wonder how much they're paying for them.

Those devs did well for themselves.

Sha_96

Jan 22, 2019
I'm so glad for the developers to have secured their future, especially considering the popularity of Fall Guys is kinda gone by now