• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

This is the same message from their Fortnite update delay post.

As far as I know this is the extent of their support. I believe Valve has yet to say anything at all.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
THQ is the loudest silence, what with their active courting of a white supremacist audience.

Kingdizzi

Banned
Aug 11, 2019
Epic put the same effort in that response as updating features on their storefront. What a joke.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
So they went with one of these:

ybA9Kpk.jpg

You know if they want to male a difference they should at least donate money instead of doing a simple "We care. See? Now buy our product.".

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
My first thought was I wondered how it compares to Valve. Figures, especially after Hong Kong silence.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Will that statement be enough for them to make the list?

At this point it's safe to assume any company that hasn't made a statement is not going to give a strong one. We're almost 2 weeks into this now.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
"These fundamentals are above politics?"

What the fuck does that even mean?

Bitch those ARE politics.

I feel this is aimed at people who flap about these subjects as if they are a political point scoring football. This is to say this isn't a political thing, it is a critical humanity thing. No left, no right, it should simply be the baseline for all.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Tecent has a huge stake in Epic, so I do wonder if coming out too strong would draw the inevitable 'what about Hong Kong' comparisons which has already happened to ActiBlizz and it puts them in an uncomfortable position. It's unfortunate really.

I would assume same issue for Valve, given Steam is available in China.

Ababol

Oct 25, 2017
When has valve ever actively courted a white supremacist audience?

Depends on your definition of "actively", but they've allowed white supremacist and antisemitic communities to thrive on their platform for years and years despite being called out repeatedly about it.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa

They don't actively court them, no. I also don't notice much action being taken against countless nazi/ SS-fetishizing user groups that have been there for years.

And I will say that Steam is the only gaming platform that has ever actively promoted a curator to me with a review calling Activision a "Jew company", which I certainly did not expect.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I believe when they say above politics, they mean across party lines, aka something that is universal.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They had a ton of white supremacist groups until they were directly called out on it by a news outlet (and even then I'm not sure if they still have them now or not), and only pretty recently started putting a little effort into moderating their incredibly racist community. And even then, they haven't exactly been doing a decent job.

Even if they never actively tried to have a white supremacist audience, them historically having not been interested in taking action against the white supremacists that group up on their platform isn't much better.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Man, that is toothless. Didn't mention the direct issuesnof police brutality or the BLM movement as those are the message that's need to be signal boosted especially to not normalize garbage like "AllLivesMatters".

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
You know if they want to male a difference they should at least donate money instead of doing a simple "We care. See? Now buy our product.".
IDK, even though that's kinda better you can bet companies are looking at donations as a marketing move as much as anything else. I'm glad that they're making donations, but I don't particularly look more favorably on a company making donations than I do one that doesn't even release a statement. They're all in it to foster an altruistic image for marketing purposes IMO.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
They couldn't even directly say Black in their message and specifically mention the race that's at the centre of all this at the moment. Still it's something I guess.

Meanwhile COD is putting this before every single match during loading in their F2P game mode with 50 million users.
yud66mss31351.jpg

And they wrote this statement