• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of it, like cross play and cross platform cloud saves, are inseparable extensions of their store/launcher service offering. That's like saying steam remote play or the new cross platform cloud save is 'different' from the steam store.
Those two things aren't on the EGS roadmap. Could be that stuff is already integrated. There are already games that use Epic Online Services.

Oct 25, 2017
And people on era keep saying that Valve is the one that doesn't update and developer their platform.
Meanwhile you can literally transfer you save files from Steam to the Switch for Civ and Divinity, but of course nobody is taking about how amazing that is

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
So Borderlands 3 will have cross-play support? Neat.

Anyway, public roadmaps are always a bad idea imo. Sometimes things get delayed and the internet is as understanding as a 2 year old.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing on their road map is making sure better stores are prevented from selling third party PC games.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if people are still going to defend this shit show.
Who am I kidding, idiocy knows no bounds.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
tumblr_oknuqiXL0u1vwvd1xo2_500.gif

People can't complain about the road map if there is no road map.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
So does this mean that some day Satisfactory might be cross platform?

Is Epic Online Services part of Unreal 4 or is it separate?

I know Unreal 4 is on basically every major platform, so it'd be great if this was part of it.

Edit: I am shocked how many people haven't read the OP.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
honestly, it should have launched at least better than origin, which is not hard to do, cause origin is complete trash. but nope, its a new client, so why not give them time? i mean, steam was pretty basic when it came out right? 15 years ago....digital distribution is nothing new specially on pc, they had absolutely no reason to launch such a shitty client if you ask me, without the basics. they were so quick to get that money out for exclusives, they never even knew they needed the basics in a client. if it weren't for gamers screaming out for the basics in 2019.

freakybj

Oct 26, 2017
If they got all this money to throw at exclusives, why don't they use the same amount of money to improve the store?

Oct 27, 2017
So does this mean that some day Satisfactory might be cross platform?

Is Epic Online Services part of Unreal 4 or is it separate?

I know Unreal 4 is on basically every major platform, so it'd be great if this was part of it.

Edit: I am shocked how many people haven't read the OP.

Looking at thier portal: Any engine, any store, any platform. The services seem to be agnostic, designed as a separate SDK to be integrated in other platforms.
Safe to assume that UE4 will have (or already has) the headstart with the kit already integrated in some level.

Epic is doing this constantly with UE4: building features for their own project needs first, and then implementing them for the public build. Only this time, it seems like they have built the kit outside of UE4.

LuckyLocke

Avenger
Nov 27, 2017
Can the mods specify in the title that this is not about the Epic Game Store? This thread is embarassing, especially since the Epic Online Services is a very customer friendly initiative.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
As an insider, I'm not sure why you're joining in on the trolling when it's been pointed out that this isn't about the EGS features roadmap.
My post was referring to a comment made by the CEO of Epic Games. The Epic Online Services are a part of Epic Games.

? It's not even a year old. The launcher has been around for longer if that's what you mean.
It is still the same Fortnite launcher which also offered 3rd party games already several years ago and only rebranded.
Technically the EGS is even older than that because it's the UE market place framework but that would include too much of semantics.

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
holy shit this is getting embarrassing.. like what is this? People so quick to throw their shit at epic they forgetting how to read.. shameful

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
All the people here talking about the store when this is about the Epic Online Services, unrelated to their store.
I thought posting without reading the OP was frowned upon. Guess not.
This kind of thing happens so often now. People don't read the OP and they don't even read part of the thread. They just jump in.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Well, I mean, "Epic Online Services" is a piece of the Epic Ecosystem and another piece of their vibrant feature set that's supposed to rationalize the existence of their weird, invasive storefront.
You understand how sad it is to put more effort on writing something than on making sure to understand what you are talking about, right?

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not like they are keeping up with their EGS roadmap either.

It's just more evidence that if it isn't Fortnite, you can't trust Epic.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is amazing. So many people in a rush to be petty that they can't be bothered to read the OP first.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
For some reason I thought they had already done that
Oh I guess they have and this is just something not related to the EGS

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
been nearlly a year and im still waiting for the part where it benefits the consumer (as per tim sweeney said it would )

Wtf? This isn't a consumer facing feature at all, they're literally giving away for free (and will continue to support) the online back-end they developed for Fortnite for free for developers to use regardless of the engine/store it uses.

As a consumer, you might see a game that uses it to support crossplay and maybe they'll spend less time by using this instead of creating their own solution... that's about the only benefit you as a consumer would see.

BigBlue

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Do people here just wait for an epic thread to pop up so they can comment the same old tired shit??

Jesus it's a freakin launcher and they're giving you free games all the time....

Nyteshade517

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still trying to figure out how people haven't figured out Epic isn't on their side in any of this. This is a company that out of one side of their mouth talks about wanting to stop Valve/Steam & their "anti-consumer/anti-competitive" practices while also buying up third party exclusives and making it where you literally have one choice to purchase them from and removing any actual competition as far as PC gaming goes. At least with the Ubisoft games there is a second option (Uplay).

data

Oct 25, 2017
Not shocked, but still very disappointed.

I hate how people were defending the store with the argument of the roadmap. It's obvious that they just aren't willing to put the resources into their online offerings and features other than monopolizing games

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Does this mean we're getting BL3 crossplay when it's done or what

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Not shocked, but still very disappointed.

I hate how people were defending the store with the argument of the roadmap. It's obvious that they just aren't willing to put the resources into their online offerings and features other than monopolizing games

I'm still trying to figure out how people haven't figured out Epic isn't on their side in any of this. This is a company that out of one side of their mouth talks about wanting to stop Valve/Steam & their "anti-consumer/anti-competitive" practices while also buying up third party exclusives and making it where you literally have one choice to purchase them from and removing any actual competition as far as PC gaming goes. At least with the Ubisoft games there is a second option (Uplay).

Still trying to figure out how you haven't realized that this has nothing to do with the EGS.

it's been pointed out over and over again, but you folks just read the OP and jump straight in to continue on the misinformation train.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Still trying to figure out how you haven't realized that this has nothing to do with the EGS.

it's been pointed out over and over again, but you folks just read the OP and jump straight in to continue on the misinformation train.
It's relevant because this is also an online service Epic provides. Please reread what I stated.

It's obvious that they just aren't willing to put the resources into their online offerings and features other than monopolizing games

This was a victim of that as well as the epic game store

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Epic has really good cross platform experience and enabled Dauntless to be cross platform by using their user profile system, which Sony allows to cross play with Xbox now apparently (Paragon and Fortnite already cross played with PS4 + PC since the start). It's probably good that it's still on track, and isn't rushed.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
It's relevant because this is also an online service Epic provides. Please reread what I stated.

It's obvious that they just aren't willing to put the resources into their online offerings and features other than monopolizing games

This was a victim of that as well as the epic game store

you have this completely wrong, and I suggest you read the linked blog post in the OP first before responding. This is Epic Sharing some of their tools and tricks for free to all developers, irrespective of platform or storefront. Its something to be applauded, and really has nothing to do with the EGS or storefront exclusivity.

Last edited: