• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Just take the L and wait for the trial instead of playing the victim every 3 days.

This overdramatic BS is just embarassing at this point

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Well yes, they have committed to this direction. I'm sure all of their marketing for the next month has been scheduled and will release as planned.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uh huh. Just keep your flailing isolated in that corner over there please.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
No Epic, you broke the Terms and Conditions of the App Store and got kicked off because of it. This is all your fault.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure Apple will comply with the Judge's instructions to restore it, if Epic have complied with the Judge's instructions to remove the payment mechanism that breaches the contract.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
The whole "passing savings down to you" thing is a just a huge crock of shit.
From an industry perspective, even if platform fees were completely removed, the price points would remain the same, because the standard $0.99, $1.99, $4.99, $9.99, $19.99, etc. price points have performed the best over the past decade of MTX experimentation. Consumers wouldn't even get more virtual currency to compensate, as virtual currency SKU design is done from the perspective of the consumer, not the developer.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
This is still just a disingenuous marketing campaign.

Fortnite not being on iOS is Epic's fault, not Apple. Apple said they have no issue with Fortnite coming back to the store if they stop breaking their ToS.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
The thing that bugs me about this is that Epic clearly has a whole marketing campaign planned out around this.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
No Epic, you violated their guidelines and led to your app being removed.

Take the L.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Oof. I'm having a hard time not laughing at the kids that'll be SOL for this upcoming Marvel themed season. Pretty scummy situation on Epic. They know what this'll do to their fans.

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Truly testing whether there's actually no such thing as bad press.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
#FreeFortnite...that hashtag used here almost makes it sound like satire.

stersauce

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
san jose, ca
H2hF47g.jpg

Ocelott

Oct 25, 2017
As bad as the Apple Tax is, I think Epic is going about it the wrong way. Why not get a bunch of developers together and take your issues to Apple. Fun to watch though.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
This is still just a disingenuous marketing campaign.

Fortnite not being on iOS is Epic's fault, not Apple. Apple said they have no issue with Fortnite coming back to the store if they stop breaking their ToS.

The judge in the case seems cognizant of that, too. Surprised they're still putting out stuff like this.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
From an industry perspective, even if platform fees were completely removed, the price points would remain the same, because the standard $0.99, $1.99, $4.99, $9.99, $19.99, etc. price points have performed the best over the past decade of MTX experimentation. Consumers wouldn't even get more virtual currency to compensate, as virtual currency SKU design is done from the perspective of the consumer, not the developer.
But that's not true, is it?

Take the $9,99 pack for example. That one gave you v1000. Take away 30% for Apple and that would leave Epic with $6,66. The thing they changed isn't that they let you pay $9,99 straight to them, but they changed the price to $7,99. That would mean $1,33 more for Epic, and $2 less for the consumer and you'd still get v1000. Unless I'm missing something consumers definitely are better off in this situation.

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I can envision Epic hiring jailbreakers to professionally crack Apple devices to continue distributing Fortnite.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Where is Google in this mess? Won't the new Season also not release through the Play Store since Google yanked it for the same reason Apple did?

Heruderu

Oct 29, 2017
Didn't they lower the price from $9.99 to $7.99, which is 20% discount, while Apple takes a 30% cut? So, in the end, they profit even more and pretend they're passing the savings to the players? It's ridiculous.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
But that's not true, is it?

Take the $9,99 pack for example. That one gave you v1000. Take away 30% for Apple and that would leave Epic with $6,66. The thing they changed isn't that they let you pay $9,99 straight to them, but they changed the price to $7,99. That would mean $1,33 more for Epic, and $2 less for the consumer and you'd still get v1000. Unless I'm missing something consumers definitely are better off in this situation.
Who sets the value of a V-Buck?

May 17, 2018
This is so gross.

Devs might not be "fleeing" the Unreal Engine anymore thanks to the TRO, but, I dunno.

Maybe they still should.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
"We don't want to give 30% to Apple as we agreed to, go blame Apple for not allowing us to break their rules."