• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
Under the [new policy](https://westernvaluesproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/COVID10-EPA-Enforcement-and-Compliance.pdf), which the EPA insisted is temporary while providing no timeframe, big polluters will effectively be [trusted to regulate themselves](https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/26/climate/epa-coronavirus-pollution-rules.html) and will not be punished for failing to comply with reporting rules and other requirements. The order—applied retroactively beginning March 13, 2020—requests that companies "act responsibly" to avoid violations.

www.commondreams.org

'Holy Crap This Is Insane': Citing Coronavirus Pandemic, EPA Indefinitely Suspends Environmental Rules

"The EPA uses this global pandemic to create loopholes for destroying the environment. This is a schoolbook example for what we need to start looking out for."

Here is the link above (will edit when I get home since I'm on my phone right now).

All I can say: HOLY SHIT, WE'RE FUCKED...

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
We must destroy ourselves first before something else destroys us. Very honorable.

MegaMan

Oct 30, 2017
So tired of the shit from the shithole admin next door. Why can't these sister fucking mouthbreathers ever just fucking think for once.

kess

Oct 27, 2017
This puts even MORE pressure on states that are already having a hard time enforcing the lockdowns. Red states are going to do fuck-all.

Hey, Biden, if you're still alive, here's something to talk about. Hello? I'm sure the Reasonable Republicans will be RIGHT ON IT.

Last edited:

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Is it because they can't send enforcement agents out to specific sites to ensure compliance and verify complaints?

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
"Sacrifice our kids to guns, elderly to disease." I guess this is how they kill the rest of us. Ain't nothing quite like gasping for toxic air.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
LMMFAO at people complaining about Democrats trying to sneak environmental legislation into the stimulus package. THIS IS WHY THEY FEEL THE NEED TO DO THINGS LIKE THAT.

Oct 27, 2017
This is obviously not good, but it should be highlighted that we rely on polluters to regulate themselves already. That's more or less the basis of how the clean air/water act works because there are way more industrial facilities than there are people working in pollution control. As long as states continue their programs there shouldn't be that much of a change.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Wow, them checks and balances..

It all makes sense now him wanting for people to go work now, his corporate overlords are getting mad with the profit loss

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
This is Shock Doctrine 101.

During times of crisis that's when previously unthinkable policies can be put into play as people are distracted and or desperate.

Not necessarily bad (ie. New Deal).

This is probably the only time you see real change in policies as drastic policy is politically impossible during good times.

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
So parking tickets, etc. still valid. EPA though, big fucking pass? Nice

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
This seems perfectly reasonable? They aren't suspending environmental regulations they are just adopting a more relaxed approach so that companies can keep operating without incurring fines etc due to an inability to meet timelines because of the COVID-19 impact. Deviations have to be recorded and reported with reason for the deviation.

Should we be all up in arms about USCIS adopting relaxing timeframes for responses to notices for intent to deny? Should they stick to the regulations and start denying people visas because they couldn't get access to the required information in a timely manner?