• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
I really hope their games still come to Steam and you're not forced to use Game Pass or the Microsoft Store to play them.

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
You would still buy the games on steam. You are technically part of the ecosystem as long as you play on xbox or pc.

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
I've been on xbox live since 2005 and buy both consoles every generation anyway, so it's all normal for me.

A deal like Bethesda has been a long time coming from MS imo. It's 'Pay to Win' on a massive scale.

TheSantry

Dec 25, 2017
Are these not the genres that MS has always dominated in? Seems like they are doubling down on what has always worked for them and Berhesda was easily the best fit for FPS and WRPGs.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think in an enthusiasts videogame forum you would expect people to like quality and "niche" shooters, not only the more popular ones.
I'm pretty sure that CSGO and Valorant are high quality shooters that are also played by enthusiasts but hey, what do we know.
We also didn't know that Prey, Dishonored, Skyrim and Fallout are Shooters that run only on Xbox hardware.

Mental, isn't it?

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Bethesda games were a laughing stock this generation except for Doom, which I honestly don't see being xbox exclusive. I don't think MS ponying 7,5bn$ is gonna change that a lot. After all, Mojang is still minecraft.

The Evil Within, Dishonored, Wolfenstein, Doom and Elder Scrolls were laughing stocks? Interesting. The only 'laughing stock' was Fallout 76.

OP
OP
lunanto

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
See how confrontational you're being? Karlinel didn't say that the perception of Microsoft as a whole would change, but rather that if you personally weren't interested in those games to begin with, these acquisitions won't make much to change that perception.

You read whatever you wanted to read and then shot down their comment, just like you're shooting down any comment that doesn't outright agree with you, buddy.
If some people here purposely want to keep thinking that MS is only those three series, theres nothing MS can do to change it. Not even buying Bethesda, as that user is clearly stating. It is ok if you don´t like those games, but remember that Resetera is not representative of the world, and thinking this purchase does not change a lot of things is naive to say the least.

I'm pretty sure that CSGO and Valorant are high quality shooters that are also played by enthusiasts but hey, what do we know.
We also didn't know that Prey, Dishonored, Skyrim and Fallout are Shooters that run only on Xbox hardware.

Mental, isn't it?
I meant more popular, not low quality or bad shooters. It is obvious they are played by enthusiasts, that is why I wrote not only in that post.

Prey, Dishonored, Skyrim, Fallout games released in all consoles, of course. This will probably change in the future. I also wrote the magic word "ecosystem" in the thread title. In the case of Xbox, this doesn´t only include consoles (or Xbox hardware, as you say), but also PCs, or Android devices via XCloud.

OP
OP
lunanto

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Did minecraft improve after a 4.2Bn purchase?
I am sorry but I don´t follow you. We were just talking about the perception of MS or their gaming division, and now you ask about the quality of a particular videogame?

If that´s it, I don´t know honestly, but it surely was a great move for MS.

If you are trying to imply that Bethesda games aren´t going to improve or that they are going to be worse, this is something yet to be seen obviously.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
I am sorry but I don´t follow you. We were just talking about the perception of MS or their gaming division, and now you ask about the quality of a particular videogame?

If that´s it, I don´t know honestly, but it surely was a great move for MS.

If you are trying to imply that Bethesda games aren´t going to improve or that they are going to be worse, this is something yet to be seen obviously.
I hope they will improve, my question is if people believe its turnaround will be better seeing what they did this gen.

xRaymne

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Yes. And? Does it mean that if you like shooters you are going to give up on probably some of the best ones?
I measure "the best ones" with the ones I have the most fun with. Coincidentally that is in line what everyone else thinks. 95% of the playbase plays those shooters so no I won't miss out on some "of the best ones"

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
It is true that's why I am contemplating keeping my Game Pass subscription for PC.
PC is part of the Xbox eco system as well, and I love it!

And I hope they somehow get in bed with Steam like how EA when they added EA Play to Steam.
I wanna play Doom Eternal, but if I can play it without additional payments, I'll take it.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's see how many of these games actually stay only on Xbox.

I don't think Bethesda can survive making these extremely expensive games which are in development for almost a decade without PlayStation.

Obviously, that's assuming PS5 leads next gen like PS4 did.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Arkane does not do FPS, they do immersive sims. But yeah it's pretty interesting considering they're the one Western platform holder.

Mehdren

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Won't convince me to buy an Xbox unless they start pumping out xbox exclusive games, but it's making PC Gamepass seem really tempting.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
People sure think about Series S or X when you say that, but PC is also a possibility and at the point new RPGs and shooters by these devs are released, Xcloud will be a lot more consolidated in the market.

So the idea is pretty much "You have to consome some game system other than Sony or Nintendo stuff if you're a Wrpg/Shooter fan" and even then Nintendo may be a stretch.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna miss Arkane and Tango but I can live without the rest honestly. Was never much of a Bethesda person; usually played Fallout, TES, etc well after release and I never finished them. Shooters in general aren't my thing either.