• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone give this a shot yet?

store.steampowered.com

Cloudpunk on Steam

A neon-noir story in a rain-drenched cyberpunk metropolis. It’s your first night on the job working for the Cloudpunk delivery service. Two rules: Don’t miss a delivery and don’t ask what’s in the package.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
It isn't really an RPG. More like a driving sim with visual novel elements. I beat it last week and really enjoyed it.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
It's fun, and the look of it is fantastic, but Bradford's comment is accurate - it's in no way an "RPG." I have to get back to it, but I enjoyed my time with it!

Also note that (at least in the past) the ports (especially Switch) were regarded as pretty sub-par.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I played through this and loved it. My only disclaimer would be to know what you're getting into.

There's no combat, no danger, no enemies, no stats, no leveling up. It's about the dialogue and meeting various characters and the atmosphere of the city.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I saw this was on sale on PSN and the negative reviews turned me off.

Is this a true swimming in 7s?
Nah, it's probably the most immersive cyberpunk game on the market, wrapped around an intimate blue-collar story that takes the player through a cross-section on intriguing lives and interactions. The updates and first person perspectives took the game to the next level

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
Word of advice: do NOT get this game on Switch.

It does look like a great experience on PC, though.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017

Just finished this on PC this week.

Absolutely loved it.

Charming main characters. Surprisingly deep/touching story moments. KILLER world production. Great soundtrack.

It's sad that the most critical QoL enhancements (camera rotation, first-person cam on foot & vehicle cockpit view) came well after release after reviews were locked in.

The world is drop-dead gorgeous and I can't imagine traversing it with the fixed camera angles the game shipped with.

Truly a gem that will land in my Top 10 this year.

Last edited:

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
The new first person vehicle camera is pretty great. Flying around the city listening to the rain with traffic going by, police sirens and advertisements blaring in the distance. It's got amazing atmosphere.

Armoredgoomba

Jun 17, 2018
Nah, it's probably the most immersive cyberpunk game on the market, wrapped around an intimate blue-collar story that takes the player through a cross-section on intriguing lives and interactions. The updates and first person perspectives took the game to the next level
First person camera feature has sold me. Wil get for PS4. (or maybe not it does not have that camera yet)

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have had my eye on this one a bit. Not quite in the mood for it atm, though.

Peebs

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 16, 2020
I found it very slow and boring and it failed to scratch any itch. The attraction of looking at the dense voxel world lasted about 10 minutes.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
Played it on PS4 and while I loved the visual style, the Bladerunner feels of flying a little hover car between towering buildings, fantastic character narratives that are strong enough to make you overlook the incredibly samey gameplay (describing it as a walking sim with hover cars is pretty accurate) it was and probably still is pretty buggy, has egregious loading times between levels and inconsistent framerate performance - but it's one of those games where it's less of an issue.

That said, I enjoyed my time with it, learning the background lore of the city is delivered well and there are some great cyberpunk tales. It ended up feeling like a collection of short stories with a loose meta-narrative holding them all together.

If you view 7/10 as saying 'If you like the genre you'll overlook the flaws and have a good time', this is a classic 7/10 game.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
Definitely more walking sim than an RPG, but a very nice and chilled experience either way. The game just oozes atmosphere, which goes along to papering over it's technical issues.

Wetalo

Feb 9, 2018
I've been following this game on Twitter for like two years, totally missed its release a few months ago. Only learned it actually launched earlier this week.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Just waiting on the off chance it gets VR support. Most of the updates (first person mode/cockpit view) seem to be making that more and more possible.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Fair warning to those who might consider picking it up on Switch. The game doesn't look like Eshop pictures would lead you to believe, they use PC screenshots. What is it with these Cyberpunk games this year, lol.
www.resetera.com

You Should Probably Avoid Buying “Cloudpunk” on Nintendo Switch

These screenshots (and the title) are taken from a Reddit thread concerning the visuals of the port and frankly, it’s a bit unbelievable. (Original Reddit thread here) Let’s compare these to the screenshots that are available on the eShop... Here is some gameplay footage that showcases the...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
FYI title said RPG as it had the rpg label :)

erD6o4X.png

aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
Played this on Steam and it had more performance issues and bugs than that other game 😂 Played at launch so maybe it's fixed now?

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
It's a fun game, played it on Steam. The downsides for me were the inconsistent voice acting to where it went from passable to pretty bad and the game starts to overstay its welcome towards the end. And I read the console versions are in really rough shape.

They added first person cockpit mode so I might launch it again sometime to check that out.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Had my eye on it for a while, but PC games are just pretty inconvenient for me to play.

Anyone tried it on new gen consoles?

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Amazing atmosphere and soundtrack. Really easy to get immersed now thanks to first-person view updates. Runs really good on PC, though other ports sound shakey. Voice-acting can leave some to be desired though.