• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Also I can't for the life of me see any difference in the three visual settings. Game looks sharp and runs well.
!

Any more details on these visual settings? What are they called, what do they change? Someone said something about choosing fps? Very interested in all of this.

edit: the review above had some info:

There are three different video settings where you can choose between speed, beauty, or balanced. I went with the default balanced setting. During my roughly eight to nine hours of gameplay, I've experienced around eight instances of dramatic slowdown, which only lasted for about one or two seconds.
Interesting.

Might go for the speed one if it's really 60 fps.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Already has the PS4 version. Decided to pick the up when I saw it was $7.80 on the Mexican eshop. Fast mode from what I saw affects the lighting?

The Cellar Letters

lmayo
Oct 25, 2017
It's awesome just sitting in bed and playing this, but the right thumbstick is definitely difficult for me to aim with. Not sure if its the placement or what.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This game is definitely harder than Binding of Isaac for me, but I really like it. Also like a lot of people said, it's like 8$ on the mexican eshop, at that price it's more than worth it. Really fun and addicting game

RockmanBN

Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Nice they finally added save areas between floors. Major complaint I had on the PS4 last year was that you had to complete the entire run or you'd lose progress for that run. Also finished my first floor and the instinct is coming back after I beat the boss with no damage on default gun with Pilot. Forgot to mention that they let us map buttons anywhere now.

Gheeron

Oct 25, 2017
My most anticipated game for Switch. Spent great time with friends in coop and im ready to do it again.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any kept progress between runs that makes new runs easier, or is every run a completely clean slate?

Is it like BoI where the item pool just gets bigger?

I was hesitant on BoI but I loved it on Switch. l and have killed almost every post-Mom boss, but I'm worried this one might be out of my skill range. I've never been great at bullet hell games and relied on good synergy and patience in BoI.

Last edited:

Owarifin

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's awesome just sitting in bed and playing this, but the right thumbstick is definitely difficult for me to aim with. Not sure if its the placement or what.

Both analog sticks need octagonal notches,
like their older controllers had.
They'd help a lot.

If they released Joycons with notched analog sticks, I'd get them.

Deleted member 22070

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can't for the life of me confirm my purchase on the Mexican version.

I changed my Nintendo account region to Mexico, when in the eShop it reloads and asks to reconnect my account which I do and when I finally get the correct price and everything, no matter how many times I enter my credit card numbers it just says "please verify your numbers". Halp ?

Already own the game on PC, so 7€ is a very good deal to double dip. Maybe it's because I'm in Europe and the game isn't out yet here, so it detects the european card or something.

Last edited:

RockmanBN

Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I can't for the life of me confirm my purchase on the Mexican version.

I changed my Nintendo account region to Mexico, when in the eShop it reloads and asks to reconnect my account which I do and when I finally get the correct price and everything, no matter how many times I enter my credit card numbers it just says "please verify your numbers". Halp ?

Already own the game on PC, so 7€ is a very good deal to double dip. Maybe it's because I'm in Europe and the game isn't out yet here, so it detects the european card or something.
Mexico shop accepts only North American cards if I remember right.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like Im terrible at this game. I struggle to get to the third area. Any tips/advise newcomers may be missing?

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Now this was a cool run.

Made it all the way to third floor, got some cool guns, perfected the trigger twins, downed the beholster in the very first encounter...

...and then died by dodgerolling into a pit two times in a row.

There you go. That's too bad. Thanks.
Can PayPal circumvent this? I'm from Georgia and I can buy games from US eShop via PayPal, circumventing the credit card issue

Last edited:

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Blanks are refilled each level, save them for the boss fight, so you can beat him without getting hit. Why?

Because beating a boss without getting hit gives you an extra heart container.

The patterns of the first couple of bosses aren't that hard to master, and that means you can have a bunch of extra life for the later levels.

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
I've never played a rogue-like before but this one has definitely caught my attention. However, reading how difficult seems to be I don't know if I should maybe try Binding of Isaac first? What would you guys recommend?

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I have £20 credit on my UK account from a PayPal deal of 20 for £15 so I need to spend it before switching regions to Mexico to grab this. RE Revelations 2? What do you guys think is a good £20 game to grab?

FactOrFiction

Oct 28, 2017
10/10 game. If you like guns. This is the game for you. Will there ever be a enter the gungeon again Aka gungeon 2?

Toti

Oct 30, 2017
Italy
Blanks are refilled each level, save them for the boss fight, so you can beat him without getting hit. Why?

The patterns of the first couple of bosses aren't that hard to master, and that means you can have a bunch of extra life for the later levels.

This is a very good tip.

Also note that in every floor you will find two chests, in which you will find one gun and one item. Chests hold different guns/items based on their color (brown<blue<green<red<black). In general, the guns you will find in brown chest aren't worth it so you shouldn't waste a key on them.

That said, if you find 2 brown chests in the first floor and the first one you open drops an item, you shouldn't open the other one.

You can destroy chests that you don't want to open (or if you don't have any keys), they can give you healt/ammo or even an item if your really lucky!

10/10 game. If you like guns. This is the game for you. Will there ever be a enter the gungeon again Aka gungeon 2?

A DLC will be released in early 2018, I think it's called something like "Advanced Gungeons and Draguns"

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017

I didn't realize you got a heart container for beating the boss without getting hit. I just did the bullet king without getting hit but he was throwing a cocktail right when I killed him. The game froze to show his death and when it restarted I couldn't move away and got hit by the cocktail and died by fire. :(

Deleted member 22070

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Now this was a cool run.

Made it all the way to third floor, got some cool guns, perfected the trigger twins, downed the beholster in the very first encounter...

...and then died by dodgerolling into a pit two times in a row.

Can PayPal circumvent this? I'm from Georgia and I can buy games from US eShop via PayPal, circumventing the credit card issue

I already have my PP account set up and it simply says I can't because my PP account is from a country that isn't compatible.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
Whew. This game is tough. Anyone got some good pointers for a beginner? Is there any way to permanently upgrade your starter pistol or health?

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
One of my death screens told me I got killed by my own slow reflexes.

Ouch lol

What triggers this?

Also happened upon a random boss type in one of my runs. It was a full on boss without an intro and a health bar. A dark wizard guy in a hood. Is that from an earlier update?

Last edited:

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I already have my PP account set up and it simply says I can't because my PP account is from a country that isn't compatible.
Do you have a credit card or bank account added to paypal? or well a verified paypal account in easy words?

I had stuff like that happen to me before until i got a "verified" paypal account.

Can do all payments fine now.
Can even use paypal credit everywhere now, wich i first could not.

I actually called paypal customer service back then and that was the reason in my case why i could not pay everywhere with just paypal credit, since some online stores only accept "verified" paypal accounts.

Last edited:

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I am having a great time with this game. I think it's the first roguelike that I've gotten into and it's probably because of the stg inspired gameplay.

Can't get past the third floor or chamber or whatever but it's cool.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Is there any kept progress between runs that makes new runs easier, or is every run a completely clean slate?

Is it like BoI where the item pool just gets bigger?

I was hesitant on BoI but I loved it on Switch. l and have killed almost every post-Mom boss, but I'm worried this one might be out of my skill range. I've never been great at bullet hell games and relied on good synergy and patience in BoI.

I've wondered this, too. It seems mostly that your item pool is just increased, however, I have run into two NPCs within my first 8 plays that will go to the starting lobby after speaking with them. One is an item shop and the other is working on a teleporter to skip floors. Are there any other progression mechanics that stay with you as you play? Wish I could level up in a concrete fashion...

Deleted member 22070

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do you have a credit card or bank account added to paypal? or well a verified paypal account in easy words?

I had stuff like that happen to me before until i got a "verified" paypal account.

Can do all payments fine now.
Can even use paypal credit everywhere now, wich i first could not.

I actually called paypal customer service back then and that was the reason in my case why i could not pay everywhere with just paypal credit, since some online stores only accept "verified" paypal accounts.

Yeah, actually I do. That's why I don't get it :/

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Always wondered if i enjoy Spelunky if i would enjoy this game. Always hesitate buying it, since Spelunky feel less constant action, but being a new experience every time, its the part im looking at ETG, and i always looked at that game wondering if i should pull the trigger.

Oct 27, 2017
The Facility
AHHHHH

First ever run where I made it to the 4th Chamber!

Mine Flayer was intense, but ridiculously fun! Had a really nice combo of Liquid Valkyrie and Wax Wings, and a handful of nice guns, but the MVP was the Elder Blank! That bad boy saved my hide MANY times!

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
I've wondered this, too. It seems mostly that your item pool is just increased, however, I have run into two NPCs within my first 8 plays that will go to the starting lobby after speaking with them. One is an item shop and the other is working on a teleporter to skip floors. Are there any other progression mechanics that stay with you as you play? Wish I could level up in a concrete fashion...

Thanks for the response. I'm thinking I'll pick it up, but I might wait until the update patch.

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
This game and the Switch are a match made in bullet hell. Plays really great, wasted a couple of hours on the train already.